It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Town Close to Yellowstone - No "REAL" Explaination - Evacuating People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
They do NOT state anywhere in article - WHAT Caused the explosion - only many businesses destroyed and Evacuating People!

I find that ODD, normally, anytype explosion or event, the authorities immediately release an explaination, like gas explosion or something along those lines.

Here they DO NOT OFFER ANY explaination WHY the explosions occured or WHY they are EVACUATING people!

So WHY did it occur and WHY are they feeling the need to evacuate...........

Link to article: www.montanasnewsstation.com...

U.S. Senator Max Baucus has issued a statement about Thursday morning's devastating explosion in downtown Bozeman that leveled Boodles restaurant and destroyed other businesses in the area.

"Like all Montanans, I was shocked to learn of the explosion in downtown Bozeman. I pray that no one got hurt in the accident, and have full confidence in the emergency crews that have responded to the scene. Right now, my staff and I are working quickly to gather more information and determine where the federal government might be of assistance in this matter," Baucus said.

The explosion is believed to have originated at Boodles on Main Street. The explosion rocked the city shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday and could be felt in businesses surrounding the area.

Several businesses in the area have been destroyed. As far as we know, Boodles, Rocking R bar, the American Legion and Lilly Lu children's were destroyed.

No casualties have been reported at this time. Authorities are releasing no details yet on injuries.

Authorities have issued evacuations in the area.

map on google of location of Bozeman: maps.google.com...:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SUNA&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=Mkqx SZ3dHI-Etge0kozEBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

I just found another story: this one says "gas line" but then says they are looking at a gas line......

link: bozemandailychronicle.com...

City officials were centering their investigation on a 12-inch gas line that runs a half-block north of Main Street, although the exact cause was still unknown.

so what caused the gas line to explode, underground IF it was a main gas line?

www.montanasnewsstation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit to insert link.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
picture of explosion aftermath.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I do hope their was nothing 'seismic' about the cause....

Your proximity to Yellowstone makes it a troubling thought.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow-good find.
Perhaps it was one of these:

A Phreatic eruption, also called an ultravulcanian eruption, occurs when rising magma makes contact with ground or surface water. The extreme temperature of the magma (anywhere from 600 °C to 1,170 °C (1110–2140 °F)) causes near-instantaneous evaporation to steam resulting in an explosion of steam, water, ash, rock, and volcanic bombs.......Phreatic eruptions typically include steam and rock fragments; the inclusion of lava is unusual.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There are various causes of gas line failures but internal corrosion is a likely culprit. Can't you give "them" just a little bit of time to do a proper investigation? Be thankful no one was hurt.

Do a search for "gas main rupture". They do happen occasionally.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Probably a meth lab.

That town is so corrupt it's not funny

The legal system there is similar to the banks of late.

They screwed me out of a grand larceny charge from stolen property and let the perp plead theft one dollar under the larceny statute.

There are 4 bars on every corner and druggies everywhere, (college town and all)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sure, but - I don't remember a time.... when authorities did not Immediately have a "definite" cause of an explosion like that!

That is my point............ and it is VERY CLOSE to Yellowstone and where all kinds of activity has been picking up again!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Still no news on MSM regarding this explosion, plus I have just searched, and no explaination has yet been released for the "Cause" of it.

I do understand from another message board, people heard "POPS" before the explosion.

There was a gas fire, caused by the explosion, but that was "after" the fact.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

oh come on,

its a hundred miles from yellowstone

I live a hundred miles from a huge volcano, yet i am reasonably certain that it didnt cause the mexican restraunt that exploded to blow up,
IT WAS A GAS LEAK,

GEEZ PEOPLE

it takes days of real investigation to determine the cause of something like that.

Gas lines rupture all the time,
and in very cold snowy climates it happens a lot.
seals and gaskets shrink or freeze

I imagine every one of those establishments had gas service, being as it gets cold in montana.

And why should something that is essentialy a local event make the media all over. Maybe as a side note or regional news but its hardly national news.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The explosion is believed to have been caused by a natural gas leak, authorities said. NorthWestern Energy had three crews working on the scene most of the day, installing valves on a 12-inch gas main under the alley behind the decimated businesses.

www.belgrade-news.com...

BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — A natural gas explosion and fire rocked downtown Bozeman on Thursday morning, collapsing three buildings, prompting evacuation of a two-block area and leaving one person missing, officials said.

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Could it have been a domestic terror event?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

They say that in the beginning then they say "they do not yet know the cause of the explosion" - the GAS reason is a "guess" - NOT fact!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
www.bozemantalks.com...

By Chronicle Staff

Emergency workers late Thursday were able to shut off the gas leak that ensued from the explosion that rocked downtown Bozeman and destroyed four buildings on the 200 block of Main Street.
With the gas leak halted, the fire that had been burning since the explosion early Thursday was extinguished, said assistant city manager Chuck Winn Friday morning.
Law enforcement, NorthWestern Energy and the Bozeman Building Department are now moving into a recovery and investigation phase, ensuring downtown structures are sound before allowing people back in, he said.
Authorities are still searching for one woman who was lost in the early morning explosion.
The power company, Montana Public Service Commission, investigators with the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and local fire officials will now attempt to recreate the circumstances leading up the explosion that rocked downtown Bozeman at 8:12 Thursday morning.
“We need to go stick by stick, brick by brick,” Winn said.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Guess what?????

ANOTHER town - Whitehall - not far from Bozeman ALSO had a MYSTERIOUS explosion which destroyed Downtown buildings!!!!

Tell me that is just a "conicidence"!

link to article: www.mtstandard.com...

Flames engulfed four downtown Whitehall storefronts around 11 a.m. Friday, destroying two businesses and heavily damaging two others.

There was this huge boom," she told The Montana Standard. "I got up and thought about opening the door (to a dry storage area where the explosion came from) but I saw flames and smoke and just got out of there

Besides destroying the grill, the fire engulfed the neighboring DD Tax Service. The Mint Bar and Cottage Floral and Gifts sustained serious damage, according to eye witnesses.

Smoke and water damaged the neighboring Whitehall Drug and the historic Star Theater.

Black smoke billowing into the sky from the fire could be seen as far away as the east side of Homestake Pass, about 12 miles west of town.

More than two dozen volunteer firefighters from Whitehall and the Jefferson Valley knocked the fire back by mid-afternoon, before it could spread further.

The PLOT thickens................. I will be staying tuned to WHAT the causes have been for these explosions!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I live in Wyoming, and if it was due to something related to Yellowstone about to blow its top, you can bet WE out here in Wyoming would know about it LONG before anyone else would.

There have been no statewide EAS warnings regarding Yellowstone over this "little" explosion.

Get a grip people.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Get a grip about what? The point to the thread is NOW two Explosions in two towns not far from each other and NOT too far from Yellowstone - those explosions have NO concrete explaination of why they occured.

So..................... that raises questions...............

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There can be small volcanic activity in the ground near volcanoes.
That people never even notice.
This could have ruptured the gas line.Depending how deep it was.
But there would have to have been alot of escaped gas first, to create an explosion.
Otherwise its just a fire jet.
So that seems unlikely.
The gas line could have ruptured through corrosion, and the heat and or spark from small underground volcanic activity, could have ignited it.
Or it simply could have ruptured and filled the buildings with gas, and some kind of spark from something in the building like a fridge compressor, could have ignited the gas.
Any way you look at it, for an explosion to take place, there would have to have been alot of escaped gas first.
You know the people who owned the restaurant, might have wanted insurance money

Business's not doing so well and all at the moment.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by RFBurns

Get a grip about what? The point to the thread is NOW two Explosions in two towns not far from each other and NOT too far from Yellowstone - those explosions have NO concrete explaination of why they occured.

So..................... that raises questions...............

Get a grip before going into a frenzy panic. Today is Saturday, almost 24 full hours since those "little" explosions occured.

100 miles is a considerable distance from Yellowstone. And as I have said, us out here living in "ground zero" of Yellowstone will know something is up before any of you here or anyone on the news.

I also happen to own radio stations that are equipped with EAS warning systems, and if there was any threat, those EAS systems would be going off like alarms at a bank that just got borken into.

All quiet, no alarms, no EAS warnings, nothing.

So before any of this gets so out of hand and blown out of proportion, I feel its my duty as a resident of Wyoming to at least tell you people that if there was a reason to throw yourselves into a frenzy panic...I or someone else who lives out here in the ground zero zone would tell you.

These two explosions are small, most likely caused by breaks in the gas lines or caused by some other reason, but nothing even close to being caused by Yellowstone.

Trust me, if Yellowstone is going to do anything, it wont be causing little explosions 100 miles away from it. It will happen right there and everyone in the entire state of Wyoming plus Montana, Idaho, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, amongst others are going to also know about it.

Just relax, have a cup of coffee or whatever morning mix you prefer, enjoy a nice Saturday and have a great weekend!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

NO one is going into a "panic" - News is being relayed!!

To say we are "panicing" is ridiculous! The fact there were two "unexplained" explosions - is FACT!

Was anyone saying "run" from the area? NO

So, what is WRONG with releasing info about two explosions in relative close proximity to Yellowstone?

So you are saying.................. since there is a thread about explosions - that are still yet...... unexplained................. then there is panic?

This is "information" of "actual" events............. when a "concrete" explaination is given.......... wonderful............. but since none, have been forthcoming yet...................... there is STILL questions! NOT Panic!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Odd my post from yesterday is not here... wonder why...

I was pointing out that the Gov was going to visit the blast site at the first explosion, and though it was a bit odd for that.
As well as it causing a car to move 1/2 way accost the street. It would take a decent amount of power to slide a car that far sideways. Gas? or maybe Bomb.. dunno, could be anything.

But now reading again, its very interesting that there is a nother explosion within close distance. Makes you wonder if it was accident, or planned by someone.
Very unusual that's for sure. Going to keep my eye on all of this.
Hope this post actually shows up. Unusual my last one is gone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join