It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't let them tell you that "The Theory of Evolution" is a fact.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Can anyone disprove evolution? Yes evolution is a theory and no it hasn't been disproven yet. If you can truly disprove it with proof than this thread will essentially be done, and the world changed forever.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
What's to prove wrong? I already agreed that a theory is not always fully made of proven facts.

Those who tell you evolution is a fact are probably not scientist. There are facts within the theory of evolution and there are concepts that are not proven. Such is a theory. I thought there was some groundbreaking news to be found here, so I stepped in.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.

Proof of what?

Proof that evolution is not fact. Just because you give two Wiki links to someone's definition of the word "theory" and "fact" does not provide proof that "evolution" is not fact, or for that matter, a fact.

Same with creationalism.

You can search Google and Webster's and Britannica until the cows come home.

What does that have to do with proof that the theory of evolution isn't a fact? Not a damned thing.

Prove ME wrong, I say I've already presented my proof, if you consider it an unreliable source, show us a more reliable source that says different.

Cheers.

Perhaps you should focus on what your thread title is saying and show us that proof instead of definitions of two words.

In essence, I have already proven you wrong in as far as what this thread topic is about....which is proving evolution is not a fact...not the definition of the words "theory" and "fact".

Cheers!!!! (BURP)

[edit on 6-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I felt the same way, but it was an opinion being posted. I am trying to get someone to back up the dismissal of evolution, for stating a bold statement deserves actual proof and I would like to see that proof.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Proof of what?

Proof that evolution is not fact. Just because you give two Wiki links to someone's definition of the word "theory" and "fact" does not provide proof that "evolution" is not fact, or for that matter, a fact.

Same with creationalism.

You can search Google and Webster's and Britannica until the cows come home.

What does that have to do with proof that the theory of evolution isn't a fact? Not a damned thing.

Prove ME wrong, I say I've already presented my proof, if you consider it an unreliable source, show us a more reliable source that says different.

Cheers.

Perhaps you should focus on what your thread title is saying and show us that proof instead of definitions of two words.

In essence, I have already proven you wrong in as far as what this thread topic is about....which is proving evolution is not a fact...not the definition of the words "theroy" and "fact".

Cheers!!!! (BURP)

[edit on 6-3-2009 by RFBurns]

I am VERY focused on what my thread title is saying, you seem to have a hard time with it though.

It says that the Theory of Evolution isn't a fact. Do you agree that it says that?

Oh yea and it says that I can PROVE IT.

No claims about Evolution, Creationism, Elohim, nothing else.....

It says exactly what it says. You don't like that do you?

Too bad.

deny ignorance

Cheers.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have to say that this post is a tease to those of us who wanted to see new evidence. All that you did is define a word to create controversy.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

i'm afraid you'll have to be a bit more specific than that.

Hebrew creation "myth"?

nearly all the "creation" "myths" are the same.

I'm really not sure where to start, but in all of the "myths" . . .

Stars are formed. Check, they're there.
Earth is formed. Check, it's here.
People are formed. Check, we're here.
People are bad. Check, we are.

the list goes on and on . . .Which one of these apparent truths am i suppose to have trouble proving within the confines of mutually accepted knowledge?

[edit on 3/6/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I am VERY focused on what my thread title is saying, you seem to have a hard time with it though.

Really? I dont know about that. Seems like you are the one having the difficult time. I could care less what anyone would think of what I believe, I am just asking for what your thread is saying...proof that the theory of evolution isnt a fact.

It says that the Theory of Evolution isn't a fact. Do you agree that it says that?

Yep, thats what it says alright.

Oh yea and it says that I can PROVE IT.

No, your post says "I can PROVE IT". So....where is this proof?

No claims about Evolution, Creationism, Elohim, nothing else.....

The claim in both the title of the thread and your post is proof of the theory of evolution isnt a fact and you can prove it. So prove it.

It says exactly what it says. You don't like that do you?

I do not see where that comes into play here, what does it matter what I like or not like? Im only after this proof you say you got. So prove it.

Too bad.

Ya..too bad you dont have the proof of anything..other than proving your inabilitiy to answer a simple request.

deny ignorance

No kidding. Perhaps its something you should take into serious consideration.

Cheers.

BURP!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unityrover
I try to explain this to my evolutionist friends all the time, but they don't get it/ refuse to acknowledge it. A scientific fact is something that can be observed or reproduced in a laboratory setting. Macro-Evolution (The idea of a species breeding beyond itself, so it cannot reproduce with a member of a previous generation - no, mules don't count) is a THEORY. (same goes with any origin of the universe hypothesis) Believing in something you can't see is faith. Don't push your beliefs on me.

You lose points for sourcing Wikipedia though. XD

LOL about the Wikipedia statement

I did it on purpose though, because you'll never find a more straight forward definition than what I gave and you'll never find a source that goes against it.

Thanks for the postive input

[edit on 6-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Again, I can see it. You are giving the definition of fact and theory. In doing so you are starting controversy. Admit it for me...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I did prove it, that's my whole point. A "Theory" isn't a "Fact". A Theory explains FACTS. Why is that hard for you to understand?

Nothing to argue about. Very straight forward and concise.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Let's start with some science so Evolutionists can't say anything about how I'm a crazy Creationist.

The science part is easy. You don't address it for a reason.

But let's start where your challenge to the scientific community does.

You have an Alien avatar and post on AboveTopSecret.

I just won the debate.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by acewilliams
Again, I can see it. You are giving the definition of fact and theory. In doing so you are starting controversy. Admit it for me...

Nope it has nothing to do with starting controversy. I am just trying to clarify something.

I am tired of hearing this: Evolutionist, "The Theory of Evolution is a fact".

That's all. No more or less.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

I did prove it, that's my whole point. A "Theory" isn't a "Fact". A Theory explains FACTS. Why is that hard for you to understand?

Your thread is not about proving the difference between "theory" and "fact". Why is that hard for you to understand?

Simple..its because you have no friggin idea what the hell your talking about and are only trying to stirr up a typical troll controversy thread.

Either provide the proof you said you have that evolution is not a fact, or sit down and let the mod's close this thread.

Kids....dont they have anything better to do like go play a x-box game or something?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The Theory of evolution is a theory that has not been disproven yet. No it is not a fact, it by name and function is a theory.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screed

Let's start with some science so Evolutionists can't say anything about how I'm a crazy Creationist.

The science part is easy. You don't address it for a reason.

But let's start where your challenge to the scientific community does.

I just won the debate.

I LOL'd at this post.

Anyway, I did use Science.

I used Scientific Definitions for words. It will work with their non scientific definitions as well though.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I am tired of hearing this: Evolutionist, "The Theory of Evolution is a fact".

That's all. No more or less.

Cheers.

And I'm tired of asstards like Bill and Mark giving cavemen like you a voice just so they can sell titty ads.

Cheers.

That was the most honest thing you read on ATS this year.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

reply to post by RFBurns

Your thread is not about proving the difference between "theory" and "fact". Why is that hard for you to understand?

Simple..its because you have no friggin idea what the hell your talking about and are only trying to stirr up a typical troll controversy thread.

Either provide the proof you said you have that evolution is not a fact, or sit down and let the mod's close this thread.

Kids....dont they have anything better to do like go play a x-box game or something?

Cheers!!!!

You are missing the point not me.

I NEVER said Evolution wasn't a fact.

I said The Theory of Evolution isn't a fact.

Hope that clears it up for you now.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'll be banned in 5 minutes.

Truth hurts.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

i had my doubts as to how many fish you'd catch with that bait.
But damn, it looks like you have your choice of which fish is for dinner.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join