It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is THE weirdest experience you ever had?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

It is so hard for me to narrow this down to one singular event. I would have to say that I have been besieged by scores of weird experiences my whole life. There is not one of them that I could use to define as being the weirdest. So I will think back to where I can bring to remembrance what I perceive to be the beginning of my weird experiences and relate it.

I was very young and my sister was two and a half years older than myself. The house that I grew up in had an attic with the typical slanted ceiling and bare rafters and there was no insulation between them. The attic did not have a light so when you went in you had to rely on the light from the small enclave that proceeded it.

I was always afraid of this attic because it was always dark and cold. So when my sister would lead us there, I would hesitate and tell her I didn't want to play in there. More often than not she would relent and we would end up playing elsewhere. It was the kind of attic that would make any child scared so I avoided it.

My sister received a gift on one of her birthdays. It was a tall doll, about three feet in height. It had long brown hair and its eyes would close if you laid it down on its back. It had a semi-smile and wasn't really that menacing looking. She loved the thing and I barely gave it a thought because I just wasn't interested in it.

One day, my grandfather had come to visit. My mother and him were talking in the kitchen and my sister and I were playing nearby. We could hear them talking about grown up stuff that we really couldn't comprehend nor did we care to. We soon became bored at what we were doing and decided to spy on them! We crawled as close to the kitchen as we could without being seen and watched and listened.

My mother was going on about something in the attic and wanted my grandfather to go with her to locate whatever it was that she was talking about. They went up the stairs and when they were out of sight we hurriedly made our way to the bottom of the stairs and peered up to make sure the coast was clear. When we were satisfied that we could make it to the entrance of the attic, we tiptoed up the stairs and laid on the floor in the enclave and peered into the darkness of the attic as they were talking and moving boxes.

We were giggling softly and decided that we could actually walk right in there and scare them if we were quiet enough. So we positioned ourselves in a crouch and as quietly as we could we made our way into the attic where my mother and grandfather were far too busy to know they were being stalked. We were as close to them now as we needed to be and I was waiting for the cue from my sister.

She was looking to the right of the two recipients of our terror and was transfixed. I looked in the direction that she was looking and could see nothing. I bumped her with my hand to get her attention back to the task at hand and she began to slowly stand fully upright without regarding my urging to grab her focus. She was about to blow the whole thing for us!

She then pointed in the direction that she had been looking and said, "Mommy who's that man?" My mother and grandfather were startled and turned around quickly to see us both. My sister was still standing with her finger pointed in the direction where she obviously saw someone. Her hand began to rise up with her finger still pointing and said, "He's gone, he just went through the ceiling."

My mother and grandfather scalded us for scaring them and shooed us out of the attic. When all the commotion was over I asked her who she saw and she told me, "I don't know, some man." That little event stuck with me for some time and all inquiries about the man were fruitless. My mother had pressed her for more information and my grandfather did as well but she couldn't tell us more.

After that event I began having nightmares about that doll she had received for her birthday. Horrible dreams where the thing would chase me around the house and at times hold me down on the floor and stare at me. In the dream I could not scream or breathe. I could only stare back at it or run from it silently. I tried to get them out of my head and I couldn't. They became increasingly worse.

So one day, when my sister was not around, I took that doll to the shed. I took out a hammer and dismembered it. I dug a very deep hole behind a huge willow tree in our yard and I buried it. The nightmares ceased after that. My sister looked high and low for that doll and never found it of course. I played innocent and never told her that I had in fact destroyed it and buried it.

The doll would come back to haunt me much later, but that's another post and a long list of weirdness would have to preceed it first.

Edit to add to.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't know how to put it... but from time to time I have some very odd memory flashes. These memories are mine, but not mine. Simply put I remember something that could or will possibly happen. Truth to be told they seem to be alternative timeline memories...like memories from my other self, whose life turned differently than mine.
Of course I think that these memories are pure hallucinations created by my brain based on my existing memories, but they are sometimes very real...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

It would not be fair to pick one weird experience from a life time filled with weird experiences so I cannot and will not.

I say that without meaning to be annoying because I have my reasons. For example the reason I cannot pick one particular weirdness from a sea of weirdness’s as for example I have seen mass death happen right in front of me when I was a small child in the jungles of South America.

I have seen UFO’s (most recent weirdness this month) and perhaps paranormal activity at certain times from early childhood to adult hood and I have experienced very strange coincidences and even had what could only be some kind of telepathic link to my wife several times over the twenty years we have been together.

Life is weird and that is before I even mention what incredible things I have experienced in meditation, near death experiences and a feeling of late that, a veil is being or has been removed from my eyes leaving me free to become acquainted with a disconcerting and difficult to vocalise feeling that is akin to “standing up for the first time?”

The feeling we are in the weirdest time in human history comes to my mind often but I have already come across as a weirdo so I will leave it at that for now

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What is THE weirdest experience you ever had?

Finding out my body is just a container and that when it's finished, I'm not.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I just hope that by the time of my container expiration date I can move to another container. Seriously speaking...I'd really hate to die...I'm not so much scared as much as I see it as a waste. I really hope that by the time I'm old there will be brainscan tehnology to implant myself to empty body.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SpeDeZo]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeDeZo

I suspect that is the nature of the game and the only way to step of the rollercoaster, cycle or whatever one might wish to call it is to turn ones back on the light and head into the surrounding darkness? However I have a feeling this might be a bit of a gamble because what really is in the darkness and why would one wish to turn ones back on a light that seems to exude (from written NDE accounts) such feelings of welcome, oneness and love?

Perhaps the light is a flame to draw in the moth and the true path after death is really in the darkness?

A way to beat an artificially manufactured cycle of control that reaches even into death is then to fight off the mechanism of control that is a cynical and deceptive manifestation of love and the truth, a way to step off the cycle of reincarnation is to be found in the darkness rather than in the light?

My most telling near death experience (I have had more than one) consisted of inky blackness, an abyss of infinite black and it was very nice. I think if there is a light at the end of a tunnel, it might not wish to waste its time with me, trying only to be rejected.

I always preferred the night anyway so win, win all round

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I wonder if it was the devil or a demon that possessed your boyfriend. Whichever the case, it sounds like you were doing things they didn't like. I imagine it's very intimidating, but try not to be, if this ever happens again, and keep bringing light to the world. We need it now more than ever!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I remember once in high school, some friends and I drove off into the wilderness to smoke some refinements. Unbeknownst to us, we arrived on private property. After a few passes of the dutchy, interior of the 83 Station wagon became very hazy, and a portly man w. red suspenders & and 12 guage appeared out of the bushes. He kindly asked what we were doing there. Too stoned to respond in a timely, manner, we just stared at him w. glazed eyes & bewilderment.

The man was now growing increasingly agitated and like kids watching a puppet show, we gazed in muffled laughter and amusement as the now agitated man's face reached various stages of red. We all let out a simultaneous roar of laughter as his face grew even brighter red. Laugh. Red. Laugh. Red. Laugh. Red. Unwilling to take anymore, the farmer begins spouting out roaring volumes of indecipherable curse words thru a haze of spit and turkey gravy. The man's head grew to an ever expanding, ever reddening fat head of spit and anger.

Realizing the one more burst of laughter would cause either his head to explode, or our car to get peppered with bullet spray, we put the car car in gear and spun the tires as fast as they could go, leaving him in a trail of California dust, smoke haze, and fading laughter.

I wonder where that man is now? Probably dead.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've had many weird experiences but I wouldn't care to discuss many of them here in public. However I will tell you one from my teenage days.

There is a rather large hill where I live and at the top of the hill is a 24 hr service station (gas station in America). Late one night two friends and myself were playing pool and we ran out of chips and drink so we decided to walk up and grab a couple of bottles of coke and some potato chips to see us through.

The journey takes roughly 15 minutes by foot. Anyway, we got our coke and chips and headed back to my friends house with our bags of goods. For some reason we decided it would be a good idea to run down the hill. I honestly can't remember why we did. Perhaps because we were all very fit and playing for the same cricket team that it was a bit of a challenge... but that's grasping at straws.

Anyway, we had only just started running and I looked sideways at my friends and one of them (David) slipped backwards because the road was steep and covered in dew. He landed on his butt and bounced back up to his feet and kept running... but it appeared to happen in what I can only describe as slow motion. My other friend also witnessed this.

It looked rather funny and we both started to laugh at him because it was so slapstick; and due to the laughter we couldn't run any more so we stopped. It was then that we realized we were at the bottom of the hill and we had literally been running for less than a minute.

There was no way we could have traveled that whole distance in a minute or so. Absolutely no way! It's more than a kilometer. So somewhere along the line, we lost approximately 13 minutes.

We still catch up with one another occasionally... usually by chance at a party - and inevitably the story of that night always comes up. To this day, none of us can really explain what happened.

I know it's not much.. but if you were there and had experienced what we did, you would understand how crazy it actually is. I will finish by saying "No, none of us were drinking alcohol or smoking grass".

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The weirdest thing I can think of... it was on a bus trip with several other members of our high school band. We were going to state-level solo and ensemble competition. It was an overnight trip. One of the girls, a sax player, told our band director that she shouldn't be put in the same room with another girl who was going because she was sure that something bad would happen. We heard about this, myself and a few other guys, and asked her why she thought this. She told us that she had always clairvoyant. She said that she could pick out images or objects that people were thinking out of a large group of them. We decided to test her and she was agreeable to it. I had brought a graphic novel along with me to read, so the guys and I went to the front of the bus and picked a page from the book at random, then closed it and walked to the back of the bus where she was sitting. We handed her the book. She opened it, from the first page, and moved her right hand slowly down each of the pages. Page by page she did this. When she got to the page we had picked out - and I remember this vividly - her hand stopped about midway through the page and she held it up to us and said "This is the page". And she was right! We were pretty freaked out about that, but agreed that if she had a feeling something bad was going to happen then the band director had better listen to her. She ended up not rooming with the other girl that night and nothing bad happened. If I had not witnessed this with my very own eyes I would not have been so ready to believe it. As it is, I have no explanation for what happened other than there really do appear to be forces at work that we cannot comprehend or know about yet.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Stangest thing. I was in hollywood with a friend of mine and he saw this girl he thought was cute. He is they shy type so he asked me to talk to her for him and then introduce him to her. Well about 50 bucks latter he comes bolting out of the back seat of my car. Turns out she was a dude and when my friend found out he/she did not even give him the 50 bucks back...strange.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good thread. I too would like to post my own experiences, but! only truly open minds could accept it, and I would be labeled like so many others in this forum Here are just a few tidbits...

Experiences with ET craft all my life.

Experiences with the dead spirits of 7 Confederate solders I once served with.

Real time visions of end of the world scenarios.

Visits from my Grandfather who died in '64, and my Father, who died in '92.

Seeing the dead a a lot, in hospitals, nursing homes, etc.

Having little kids stare at me, and tell me they know me.

Seeing planet Earth from space many times.

Sitting on a council of higher beings who control the machinery of the birth/death cycle.

These things define who I am, what i talk about, what I think and say to people. I talk in here just like I talk in real life.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Sitting on a council of higher beings who control the machinery of the birth/death cycle.

I would love to hear more about that.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think my weirdest can be explained, but I'll join in!

I'd been on a ghost hunt through the day, and 'contacted' a spirit. I didn't have any sort of spiritual protection so it was perfectly possible to be attached to and stuff, according to this medium my mam knows.

Anyway, I started getting really jumpy about a corner in my room which, in the dark, would look like there was a solid figure standing there. And my posters which had been up for years would fall down, in a sequence, one after the other for ages at night or through the day until I actually bought some drawing pins and hammered them into the wall! (I left one with blu-tack and that's actually stopped falling down recently).
I also had an instance of waking up to my bed shaking (my friend who was with me also said she'd been woken up to this too) and honestly, I was terrified! I'm not bothered in a location, but in your own house it's completely different.
After a while, I decided to stop being scared (I'd aquired some form of protection too) and started talking to the air in my room (I must've looked like a right nutter) and this made the oppresive I-can't-open-my-eyes-when-it's-dark feeling go away, but the posters started falling down more regularly, and I also started having dreams about the same man (I very rarely remember my dreams so this was a bit weird) I'd also woken up to see a sort of silvery-white swirling light that looked like, I dunno, some sort of plasma that was floating round above my head - and this medium guy said it was something trying to communicate with me, but I dunno like. I'm sceptical.
And one morning I woke up suddenly, and I swear to Go the man was standing staring over me. I nearly fell out of bed!
Now this could be a dream just projecting due to me waking up suddenly, and I'm not saying any of this is anything more than coincidence but it was pretty damn weird. So I did what the guy said, and asked the air (once again) if anything needed help then I would help them in my dream, and never dreamt about the guy again. The posters still kept falling for a couple of months, still in sequence, and I remember one time the wrong one fell down and I said "that's the wrong one" and about 5 minutes later I heard the other one fall down
, but it sort of fizzled out when I pinned the one that had the most rips in it up, and it's stopped completely now (I'll probably hear it fall now for saying that!)

But yeah, that's probably my weirdest. Even if I don't 100% believe it was paranormal.
And as scared as I was, I kinda miss that guy... LOL!

Aya.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've got a few selections (from the seemingly countless "weirdness" I've experienced) that I'd like to share.

1. It was the Fall of 2001 and I had just finished watching a movie or something out of town with a friend. We decided to just go back to her house and hang out for a bit as it was still early. She lived about 8 or 9 miles outside of the nearest town and the closest neighbor was about 1/2 mile or so (except for her brother and my aunt (how we were friends) who lived on the same property, but across the driveway.)

We were over an hour away and made it back to her house around 9pm or so. No one was home and it turned out that when they left, they had locked the house. Her keys were inside; we were locked out. My aunt and my friend's brother were also not home. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to check and see if they had locked up. They didn't. So we went inside and neither of us were really familiar with the light switches and we were stumbling around in the dark.

Suddenly, there was a red beam of light shining on the inside of the front door and then it moved slowly to the right, reflecting off of the mirror and onto the ceiling. It disappeared and we found the light. We never found the source of the red beam. No one else was on the property (we went outside to investigate.)

2. I was dating this girl, not long after the previous story (maybe around the same time). We were in her room watching TV, laying in bed. The bed was on the north wall, laying E/W. The door to the bedroom was on the West wall and the TV was on the East.

During a commercial break from the show we were watching we turned to each other for a kiss and to talk and she suddenly sat up and looked at the door. She startled me and I looked, saw nothing. She said that she thought her little brother was coming in the room and she was going to yell at him for not knocking. He was innocent, this time, however.

We laid back down and continued the conversation for about 15 seconds when she suddenly said, "some one is in here!" I looked all over and said, "who? where?"

She pointed toward our feet and said, "right by you". I didn't see anything at all. And before my brain had a chance to register that thought and snap me out of this state of shock she had me in I felt it.

It was like someone had made a bed sheet of electricity and dropped it down over us. Then after a quick moment it started dragging to my left (toward the north wall). I could literally feel a sheet dragging over me from right to left. I was stunned.

I asked her if she felt that (without explaining what "that" was that I felt). She proceeded to explain exactly what I had felt. It was amazing. Scary, shocking, and amazing.

3. Months later, same girlfriend, same house...

I had to go to the bathroom. I was sitting there, doing my business when out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like a sheet of printer paper dropping from the ceiling. It fell as a sheet of paper would from that height, rocking and swaying to the floor. I turned to look and saw a little white kitten run in between the wall and the cabinet that housed the sink (a gap of about 8 inches or so).

I finished my duties, unaware of the new family pet. I got up and looked into the gap expecting to see this new little kitty waiting to play with me and there was nothing there. I explained to everyone what I saw and then didn't see and asked if they had somehow managed to find a cat that could walk through locked bathroom doors. They of course had not.

This house was really active in the paranormal sense.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My father sent me into a little hole in the back of a newly discovered pyramid in Oaxaca back in the 60's. Something made us both run away very fast. We looked at eachother and said "snakes" at the same time, our eyes wide with fear. We didn't see a snake, the idea was just put in our heads.
I guess it was some sort of magic pyramid security system.

#2 One of my cats became suspended in mid-air in the tree in front of my house. It seemed as if an invisible being was spinning him around. I chopped down that tree last year and the result was a loss of feeling in my right arm that lasted 2 weeks. An indian told me that the tree was magic when it was only 3 inches tall, so I let it grow, breaking my house's foundation.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by earthdude]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

You have a great writing style. I enjoyed the picture you painted.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Lame story dude. Is your life that devoid of wierdness?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by autowrench

I would love to hear more about that.

OK. This happened about seven months ago. I was home alone, sitting in my easy chair watching TV, a car show was on Speed. Suddenly, the room became another place altogether, like in another dimension. I found myself sitting on what for the world looked like the seats on an ancient Roman Coliseum...the seats were from the bottom up slanted out, and on the ground level was like a playing field. I was about half way up, and as I looked there were a lot of [beings], some human, some not human, and in front of me was a stone wall. As I looked down at the playing field, I saw what looked like little fires going up, a flash like, and realized this was humans dying. I realized that the field was the whole world, and that people were being killed all over the world. I saw a great battle, and there were many flashes, some red, some blue. I saw that the killing was consuming people my the millions. I saw Africa, the cradle of humanity, and the killing there was horrifying to look at.

I stood up and yelled at the top of my voice, "Stop it!" Suddenly, the flashes all stopped. I looked around, and realized the others were looking at me, waiting for me to speak.
I asked, "why must we of the human race kill each other on every cycle? Why are millions spent on weapons to kill with and not on technologies that would help humanity? Why do humans destroy their Mother, the planet that gives them everything they need, and who to they not revere the planet as their home?

I sat back down, and heard voices coming into my head, a lot of voices. It had been decided that the cycle must be repeated, for the humans, not yet realizing who and what they are, will have to try again, a fifth time. Four times this experiment had been tried, and four times the humans had failed. At this, I was back in my living room, my clothes wet with sweat, and shaking all over.

This experience was as rel as it gets. I still do not know exactly what it means.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I was sitting still, and I was being pulled from my body. I felt warmth from behind me pulling me, I no longer saw my body but light. I hear in my mind that I've made a conscious choice to end my life, and leave my body. God tells me he is allways with me and I'm allready dead. I see my body as pure light, as the world around me, and I'm trapped inside my mind(body) I control as a puppet. I remember knowing that I'm the only one here. Watching myself. God tells me this whole world is for me, and I can end it at any time I choose, I just have to walk away and let him know that I'm done. I wanted my life to end so I tried to absorb all the pain of the world, in the hopes that I would sacrafice myself. He told me I can't lose. I have way too much infromation to share to hold in. This is something I have to do. God walks with me through the sun, and through me. Through my soul, which has manifested itself in this reality. It has been declared to share, and to change. If your reading this now, it has allready been done. They contacted me, I know your here, they told me that it was time to share. Everything stops and I am given knowledge.

I've been in contact since I was a child. They came to me, to tell me that I need to get ready. I am the bridge between us. I had a dream where time stopped, and this man was with me who talked to me. Ready or not, I am not in my body. I am all and complete. I am the all that stretches beyond time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join