It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is THE weirdest experience you ever had?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I know lots of people on this board have had some very intriguing experiences. From sightings to contact to the paranormal to who-knows-what.

I'm wondering, what is the single-most "weird/inexplicable" experience you've ever had?

I'll post mine, but in a reply. Really curious to hear what this big group of diverse people have got to say!

PJ

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Despite that I have more alien, entity, generally paranormal, occult, and other "weird experiences" than I can count, my WEIRDEST experience -- most inexplicable to me -- isn't any of those things.

Background:

For many years I obsessively studied hypnosis, both as a hypnotist and via self-hypnosis. I did some pretty major work with it for many years and really changed myself as a person for the better. I'm in the top % of hypnotic suggestibility, or I was back then anyway, so I'm a good subject.

Although some of my friends were into some weird things (eg MUFON) I was a skeptic back then. I made fun of abductees in talks about hypnosis; damn the jokes are just too easy I guess. (So that I would fall into all that experience is like some kind of karmic return I suppose.)

I had a friend, a very low-key, understated, conservative east coast woman who was older than I. She was a hypnotherapist, and much more the therapy type than I'll ever be. She led a hypnosis social group I was in at the time and it was always her calm reason (when everybody else was so hilariously at the polarities) that brought us to earth and I really respected her.

One day, I agreed to have her hypnotize me, just for fun. Because I'm so suggestible this is not something I did much and never before or after with her (partly resulting from this experience). The loose idea was that maybe she'd do a regression. I wanted to see if I could 'revivify' fully. (I did this spontaneously a couple years later on a separate topic; it is like 'reliving' a memory rather than 'remembering' it.) So we began, and she suggested that I go 'back'. I remember vaguely wondering to myself if that's what I really wanted to do. Apparently I torqued the experience with that; I had pretty extreme "lucidity" ability so I think on this one point I (subconsciously) took control. This was around 1990 I believe.

The experience went like this:

I'm sitting against a tree in a forest, tied to it. About 5 men, 2 or 3 asian, are about 20' from me around a small fire. It's dusk, not yet dark. I'm looking at my shoes. They are interesting to my lucid self as I haven't seen anything quite like them before. They're black, and they are made kind of like soft but firm slippers that come up to two soft flaps and one folds down against your foot on top and one folds over that. Although it's just fabric it holds firm. The sole is rubber but not hard. All in all they feel more like some kind of modern moccasin.

My hypnotist asks if I'm tied with rope. I wasn't. I was tied with a clear-opaque, rubberish kind of rope that I somehow 'knew' had to be cut with ultra-sharp special knife or laser; I had the knowing it was used to hold massive ships in port, because it had the tiniest bit of stretch but simply could not be pulled apart. She asks what I'm doing there. I say that I've been running, and they've caught me, and I'm pretty sure they're going to kill me now. So she takes me years back in time.

I'm lying on a beach I know is in the hawaiian islands somewhere. My boyfriend is younger than I am, I know as I look at him lying there, blonde and a little curly haired, next to me. I have a little money but not a lot, I understand at that point; I've done something 'slightly public' I sense, I can't get what though, maybe publishing a book, something not important but that got me enough funds to change what I did for a living and got at least a few people to take me seriously for some reason. She moves me ahead in time to some 'key point' of importance.

I have a friend, a man I'd known for awhile. He is telling me, in all seriousness, that he's an alien. I'm laughing; he looks totally normal. He says that he and 5 others came in a small craft to do a combined study here; he was a sort of xeno-anthro-pologist. There was some reason he chose me to get close to but I didn't explore that. He tells me that he's discovered the other members of his crew have sold out, they've done something highly illegal. Granted it appeared everybody had done it, but apparently situation was prime-right and they had walked right into opportunity. He had to tell me though my life was in danger if I knew; someone had to tell my people. He felt great remorse about it.

At this point I realized I was in MY future and was so shocked by this I came completely out of trance and exclaimed, "This is the future!" "Back to sleep" she says and I go out.

His people had made a deal with the governments of the USA and China. Apparently in some larger government we know not of, the requirement for open contact is a one world government, The deal was, China and the USA would partner and pretend to be different sides/polarities of a single government. This would allow the team to present them and to be their official representatives. In exchange for this they had arranged for the governments massive tech to help bring all the people of the world into line behind this illusion. And in exchange for the tech the governments had jointly agreed that they would give these guys South America. I mean literally... the whole continent. Apparently they wanted it for botanical reasons, it was more rare than we knew, but also some aliens as a game preserve and others for other reasons; they could build it out as they chose. My friend felt that most the people would be enslaved or obliterated. As an anthropologist dedicated to NOT interfering, this was horrible to him.

I had an interview, briefly on television, allegedly about something else. I planned it, live, and blurted out the info, as succintly as I could. They cut me off, acted like I crazy, that was it. But I shortly saw (and 'felt' somehow) the people after me.

I went to the Ozarks to hide. Eventually tracked them, to stay behind them. They eventually caught me, many days later. I'm back against the tree and the men seem to have come to a conclusion.

One of the asian guys came up and kicked me in the head. I nearly fell off my chair in the room. Then he takes out a very jagged knife, like fisherman use, and literally guts me. I feel myself dying and she brings me out.

I told her it was obviously hallucination, ridiculous. I refused to be hypnotized by her or anybody after that.

19 years later, I don't know what to think. A movie script maybe?

Not making this up. Might be crazy or creative-back-then, but serious now.

PJ

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thats a crazy story man... but I understand.

Mine, personally still gives me shivers whenever i think about it. It was not any one experiance, but they have seemed to mold together in my mind. I can remeber it happened, just not any specific place or time.

I go camping, having recently gone on to college and graduated from HS and Boy Scouts, some things really stick out. While in Boy Scouts, I did many many camping trips in the north woods of minnesota and wisconsin.

On several of my camping trips, many of them involve me sleeping, or trying to fall asleep especially around midnight and such. I hear things, wind blowing, and leaves rustling... and then I always hear something out of place, nearby, such I have never heard in the woods. It still scares me today thinking about it.

I remeber curling up in my sleeping bag, praying for morning. I told myself it was "The Woods" but I could barely believe it. It wasen't just sounds, I could feel it inside of me.... it scared me.

I don't know... nothing paranormal or weird there, but it struck me... I have never explained it. This is while I was a teen... I had good common sense, much more than others... It just... impacted me.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Interesting story

My recent experience was by far the weirdest thing that's happened to me , here is the link to my thread/story:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

And to think, maybe you would have discovered bigfoot!
Or been eaten by something.
Or abducted by aliens.
or... well, probably better that you stayed in your tent. ;-)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
RedCairo:

Fascinating story, and you tell it so very well. Sounds to me like prime material for a good novel. I can't begin to imagine what it must've been like to have such an experience. As scary as it would be, I think I'd be unable to resist the temptation to try again and attempt to find out more.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
well one of the weirdest situations i've had, besides this telekinesis stuff i have been practicing and learning, was when i was in my bedroom around 9 am. thats where i go to smoke and i had just gotten my coffee, i lit the cigarette, and a gurgled, raspy, disturbing voice says "RYAN! NO!" (ryan's my name) and my neighbor downstairs Dog just starts going berzerk, barking, growling, you name it and i never heard the dog downstairs the whole time i have been living here. I dont know who it could be. But it was right when i lit the cigarette, i guess its time to quit!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
About two years ago I became fascinated by lucid dreaming, so I proceeded to learn everything I could about it and the different techniques of how to induce one. About 1 month into it I managed to become lucid, but this time instead of being woken up by the shock of the realization, I stayed in the dream...and could not wake up. I stayed for a week inside what was my past as a 9 year old child exactly as it was. At one point I was even trying to convince my family that it was in fact a dream, but they of course didn't believe me. When I woke up it felt like the best sleep I had ever gotten.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What is the weirdest experience I ever had?
Tough one there.

I guess I would have to say that I have this experience every day since the first time I realized it.

I woke up one morning and realized that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. And no one is doing anything about it.
Evil survives when good people do nothing.
We are fighting wars we should not be fighting.
Our governments have sold us all into slavery.
Executives worth billions of dollars are getting bonuses from our blood sweat and tears.
There is no end in sight.

The absolute weirdest thing of all of this is that EVERYONE remains on the couch watching tv. I feel like I am the only one that cares.
I try to talk to people about things like the war and the economy and they just don't care. I am the wacko because I like to think and to talk.
They are the sane ones because they like to ignore everything and worry only about themselves. They even go so far as to threaten me so I will stop talking.

Where the Hell am I?
I rarely ever see another HUMAN being. And it's getting worse everyday.
Instead of waking up, more and more people fall unconscious to the plight of the world.
When is it enough, for the love of GOD, when do we start caring.

Hey, you asked.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortyTwo
About two years ago I became fascinated by lucid dreaming, so I proceeded to learn everything I could about it and the different techniques of how to induce one. About 1 month into it I managed to become lucid, but this time instead of being woken up by the shock of the realization, I stayed in the dream...and could not wake up. I stayed for a week inside what was my past as a 9 year old child exactly as it was. At one point I was even trying to convince my family that it was in fact a dream, but they of course didn't believe me. When I woke up it felt like the best sleep I had ever gotten.

Wow, that's cool. I lucid dreamed at will from age 4 to 18. Thought that was normal for everybody until I was an adult! Only spontaneously after that, but almost consistently for another ~12 years. Not so much the last dozen.

I have problems with it though. In remote viewing, oh my gosh, it really sucks when it occurs. I'm chronically sleep deprived -- as I'm a single mom with a FT+ job and I spend much of my night life programming for free for stuff I'm into -- and RV is a very relaxed state. This often means my method is 'ZzzzRV' as the joke goes. Well more than once, I have been doing a session, sitting on my bed with my lab notebook in my lab. And I go through and do the whole session, and when I reach for feedback, I wake up, and realize I was dreaming a very realistic experience. But I remember most of the session I just did in the dream apparently, so, I go through and write it all down, what I remember, and go to get feedback--and wake up. I remember less now but go through it AGAIN -- and wake up. Auuuugh! Finally I don't remember ANYTHING about it, and I'm upset because now I don't know if I AM awake or if I'm asleep.

They call this nested lucid dreams. I've had that kind of thing before as well. It's very disconcerting -- psychologically very much so. It makes you feel like you don't know what reality really is. It all seems equally real.

I've had dreams that appeared to have days or weeks of time but never a lucid dream like that. That's amazing!

PJ

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Picking one thing is tough. I decided to choose a dust devil that formed around me. I was at the eye of a dust devil and I stayed at the eye for somewhere between 30 to 60 seconds until I reached my dorm building. It grew bigger as I walked. I'm kind of glad no one filmed this or saw it because as I was explaining the other day to one of my relatives, people would consider me to be really weird. I only had one dust devil form around me in my entire life so I call that a unique experience. I have been underneath a tornado but it flew down and past me. Before I had the dust devil experience but after the visit from the tornado, I started having a few lucid dreams where I was the tornado. Talk about strange coincidences years later. One thing I remember about dreaming about being a tornado, I had it in for those mobile homes. I don't know why but it was just the way I felt when I had those dreams.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Interesting stories! Strangest experience for me would just be the UFO sightings I've had. The weirdest experience was just the most unexplainable of them all. For years I'd wondered if I'd ever "see the stars move" and one night in 2007 when I went out for a ciggy what looked like a star was making circles in the heavens (it could have been close and small I suppose). Then it stopped, and just started moving up and down or further and nearer many many times after that. It took my breath away. Other sightings leave me speechless, but this was just very surreal (in an awesome way!).

To this day I don't know if I really saw it or not, even though I watched it for ten minutes or so and got my mum to look and she said "Something is definitely moving up there". So I guess it's the weirdest experience for me cos I still can't fathom what I saw.

But all of them have been strange. Every co-incidence for me is special, and I love them. The first time I saw the NASA tether video (and was amazed by it) I saw a UFO that night. The timings of my sightings add to weirdness for me too. Like that one was right after I watched the video, walking, looking at the pavement thinking about the NASA vid I'd just seen, and then looked up and there it was passing over at high speed. The one I mentioned above (as the weirdest) seemed - now that I look back on it - like a bit of an omen about my life changing radically, which it did soon after.

Anyway, interesting stories - can't wait to read some more experiences. Star for you

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well out of my life I would have to say only three strange occurrences pop into my mind. The one I will share seems to be the most rational aka not dealing with an overactive imagination or a list of other things.

It was when I was young probably in sixth grade or so hiking around with a friend as we often did to a location by a river. It was a rather cool day actually, and we hiked an old road that leads to a falls, we reached a part that curved down between two hills with rather tall cedar, pine, ponderosa, all over with the sun shining between creating shadow streaming down. We where chatting away as kids due, when this black thing suddenly stood up on one of the hills we both looked up then back at each other. I asked him did you see that. He nodded and I said lets just get out of here, and we made our way back to my friends house.

So what was it well I really don't know it could have been anything really from a black bear who often been known to stand on two legs when spooked, to a strange bum dressed in black. All I know it was rather large completely black and scared the crap out of both of us. Didn't help the "rumored" stories of murders happening down this particular trail. Now I laugh at it cause you know how kids are, but that figure still spooks me a bit.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'll share this one.
I was hiding in a standing rotten hollowed out tree, avoiding fire and detection, the people that wanted to kill us were moving through the area very quickly, the next thing I know someones leaning into my hiding spot head and shoulders first, if he turns to his right just a few inches I'm seen and dead, shooting starts again and I put one of my own rounds in his ear,
two of his buddies run up to him and I put a round in each one of their heads as well, sure enough one more comes to my location and is using the tree as a hide, he was the final one to put down in less than 2 maybe 3 minutes.
Absolutely the weirdest experience I've had, ever.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Devil possessed my ex boyfriend 6 years ago. He tried to convert me to his side, and had a lovely 20 minute conversation with me about how he does everything in his power to destroy me and turn me to the dark side. Because I bring too much light to the world. He told me that he wont stop until im dead. After this possession, 2 weeks later, my ex boyfriend proceeded to go into a hysterical rage and tried to strangle me to death. I barely escaped. It was really #ed up.

I saw a priest many times after that event. I was so freaking paranoid that the devil was personally trying to kill me. Several times, demons in public approached me and said, "The Devil has sent me to tell you this... I'm watching you."

Since then, I had some pretty radical experiences with Archangels and I now am protected by them. Since I met my husband 3 years ago, who is a very holy soul, they have left me alone for the most part. Thank God!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm not a Religious person with a capital 'R',
but I had an odd 'dream' when I was about 3yrs old...
We were driving from one town to another with friends - my mother's best friend and her daughter (my age) and myself.
It was incredibly beautiful rural bushland/farmland on the outskirts of smaller country towns strung through fertile hills and valleys.
Night was falling as we headed through along the atypically deserted, narrow, poorly surfaced roads.
I cant remember exactly how it happened but my eyes were drawn towards the top of what seemed to be a strikingly sunny summit of a hill we were driving past... I guess the last rays of light were hitting it at one of those rather magical misty looking dusky angles of the evening.
Now, I kid you not, and I do not know what this was, but Time seemed to slow down and a small flock of sheep began meandering up a trail that appeared on the side of the hill and shepherds dressed in what I as a child (through cheesy Sunday school picture books) recognised as traditional shepherd garb - long dusty brown and beige,rough homespun cloth robes with crooks guiding these sheep up and over the summit of the hill...
the light had a luminescent, translucent quality and just a small touch of the unreal and I knew this even as a three year old...
Gosh, I was that excited I exclaimed to the others in the car, clapping my hands with happiness and pointing...
but it was gone, night had fallen completely in what seemed mere seconds - I was shushed and soothed and consequently forgot the entire thing 'til years later.

Wag.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Technically these stories don't fit in the thread because they didn't happen directly to me but they left such a huge impression I feel the need to share them and I haven't found a good place to relate them here on the site.

1. My Dad said when he was about 18 or so him and a friend left their small town and went to a larger town to get their senior pictures taken. They were driving back at night and were on a little two lane highway.. next to the highway there were power lines running next to the highway.. and up by the power lines they saw a stereotypical UFO-flying saucer just hovering there with lights on it and it was completely silent.. they sat under it for awhile just looking at it.. then it flew straight up and shot off at an angle faster than anything he has ever seen.

This was the late sixties and and again my dad was about 18. My mom and dad got married only a couple years after that and my dad had told my mom about it way back then. He told me about it when i was about 20 and sent me a Popular Mechanics magazine that was about UFOs and he said the UFO on the cover looked just like it. It was like the stereotypical generic UFO and had small square windows.. it looked a lot like the Bob Lazar UFO but I don't know if there was any connection there. He said he doesn't know if it was military or alien or what.

My own personal guess is that it was military or time travelers from the future.. personally I just don't believe aliens would give a crap about us.. but future earthlings probably would. And the future is a very very long time. But we see so many flying saucers I wonder if it isn't a man made craft... especially since the Nazis were working on saucers. Also.. I would be shocked if we didn't have some nuclear powered aircraft of some kind. And with that kind of power who knows what effects you could generate.

The UFO incident took place in Washington state north of Spokane Washington which is very close to the Canadian border. I also learned that this area - Washington state - is where flying saucers were first seen in the early 50s I guess?

2. I was dating a girl that was very cool.. very smart level-headed.. never did drugs.. she said that her and her family lived in Australia - actually a small island off Australia - Tasmania.. they lived in some old house. My girlfriend was a teen and she was sleeping in a room with her friend.. in the night they saw a little old man.. like some kind of little elf or something sitting on the bed in the dark.. and they both saw him and she said it wasn't their imagination. They could see it very clearly. They said they also felt it was evil..

I can't really remember th details.. but ou get the gist. Both of these people I trust.trusted completely and their encounters were so up close and personal it is impossible for me to really question them. There was zero doubt they saw what they saw.. it's really mind boggling for me..

Edit: Also, weirdly.. both of these stories my dad and girlfriend had a friend there.. this is also what makes it so mind boggling.. you just can't explain it way. so up close and personal and both had someone there with them that proves it wasn't just a hallucination.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by 8311-XHT]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

I'm wondering, what is the single-most "weird/inexplicable" experience you've ever had?

You know, I'd just love to fill you in. To spill my guts.
But.
I've a severe lack of trust going on when it comes to opening up that box of worms (in more ways than one).

I've got some life stories that would have me drummed out of here as a liar, or a nut ball, or both, when in fact the experiences I've had are all too true - too true to even be shared.

Let's see. How about I just list a few.

Experience with 'true' evil.
Experiences with 'other worldly beings' that not only can be seen but heard.
Experiences with evil manifesting in a 'living' form.
Experiences with...

Naw that's enough already. My lists wont even be believed.

Well there ya go. I tried. I hope that counts for something. Back to here's hoping for 'someday'...

In the mean time I'll be supporting others on this thread that have the guts I seem to lack!

peace

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
One of the most weird expriences ive had was back went i went to school.
I was sitting down on the grass one minute the next minute BANG. One of my friends managed to kick a ball from out of nowhere straight on my head. The weird thing was as the ball hit me i went straight to the floor. All i could hear was ringing. I saw my self getting up but some how i was still laying there I then went back down to re enter my body. I then got up with my body and got a sence of dejvu. I couldnt hear properly the rest of the day.It was like i was in a costant hall. I could hear every one talking at once.

It was probably concussion. I was the only time i felt like i had left my body.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The weirdest experience I have ever had? Its a toss up between a number of things I guess. Friend of mine was sleeping over when I was about fifteen, and I was on the verge of falling asleep , when I noticed that he was about two feet of the floor and mumbling..lying down but floating. I woke myself up , walked over to him, and put a hand on his forehead. Tuned out for what felt like a moment, and then I come back to the room, Im holding my bible to his chest, and hes on the floor screaming at me with the most bloodshot eyes I have ever seen. He passed out, and I was left there with the book , and not quite sure what was going on.
Then theres the fact that EVERY time I look up at the night sky on a clear night, I see a shooting star... Its weird, because I know for a fact that there isnt enough matter passing over britain every night for me to see so many , but they come along none the less.
Finaly , theres life. Ever since I was a child, I realised that something had gone awfuly wrong somewhere along the line. Things were happening that made my grandfathers sick with anger at what Britain was doing in and to the world, and to itself. Meanwhile the kids at school seemed more barbaric than I could account for by assesing thier cultural backgrounds, psychology, location and other environmental considerations.
When I got to high school , well that was a five year knife fight, and I never showed up with a knife. That was an interesting time . All these things lead me to a conclusion. Something is not right with the world, like another poster here on the thread, I cant help but worry that the scum who propegate violence in youth havent been terminated or sterilised, because its only getting worse from where I sit. I think that strangest of all my experiences. Realising that I live in a nation which sees fit to police the globe with bombs and bullets, and yet refuses to deal a harsh blow to the rot inside its borders. That is TRUELY weird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join