It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is THE weirdest experience you ever had?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer
I have had a number of weird things happen to me, but one in particular was...

When I was in high school I was dating a guy, and one day we were talking on the phone. He received a call on the other line and left me waiting. Well, while I was waiting I started feeling very jealous....and feeling like he talking to another girl. So I started thinking very hard about being able to break through the line and hear what they were saying. To my amazement...it happened and suddenly I could hear him having a conversation with his Aunt. It totally freaked me out. I know I know...it was probably a coinky-dink... but it WAS wierd!

I have other stories having to do with lucid dreaming.....I'll save for another thread.......

I remember when I was younger (before everyone talked on cell phones) that I could always faintly hear people if they switched over to a different "line". I'm not sure how they accomplished call waiting from a technical standpoint, but it seems as if it just greatly lowered the volume of the other conversation.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm gonna start dragging up old threads and i think this one would be of broad spectrum interest.

I have had quite a few.

I'm an abductee so i have some Very weird memories but i wanted to post something many can relate to,so i will post the shadowman experience.

I was 16 or just turned 17.I woke up and sat bolt upright in bed wondering what woke me up.I saw in the corner beside my closed bedroom door,a white dervish,white fog swirling with a short person inside but obscured by the swirling fog.Next moment there is a tall,about 6ft pitchblack shadowman by my bed right next to me.

To me in hindsight what was weirdest of all was that i not afraid of it.In fact i lay back down to stare at it to try and make out facial features.I couldn't he was too black,blacker than darkness itself.
Felt like we were staring at each other for minutes,then i got so tired and sleepy that i could not keep my eyes open.I felt that would not be polite to go back to sleep,but i suddenly really could not keep my eyes open.

I sent a mental message to it saying "Im really sorry but i am so very tired" Then i turned over,with my back to it,but i could feel it was still standing there.I fell asleep quickly.

My adoptive father died few months earlier,maybe that was him come to visit?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Weird is kind of subjective growing up in a haunted house, where it becomes everyday, but here goes. The house is a 1903 Gabled Edwardian straight out of Dark Shadows, but more homey. Of no particular historical significance the only "scandal" was a little hanky panky between the then owners nurse and the nephew. A secret passage connects the nurses closet to the nephews...and I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
We have a battery powered pendulum clock in the kitchen. The pendulum has no mechanism, just decorative, but oft times, usually following a death in the family, we find the pendulum swinging, no air movement. The kitchen closet door rattles violently, on it's own. The former maids room in the servants quarters, has a coldspot, or as I like to call it "ethereal air-conditioning". When I stand in the coldspot and think about family responsibility I get a warm feeling.
The next will require a little context concerning the death of my father. Dad graduate from Harvard in 1950 and had as a professor the poet Robert Frost. One of Dad's favorite poems was "The Road Not Taken", which we had engraved in a commemorative bench at our local Audubon Sanctuary. The year of his death I traveled with a friend to Michigan and visited the Henry Ford Museum, where one of Robert Frosts childhood homes was on display.
Walking down the street, toward the building I was explaining to my friend Dad's experience with Frost and began reciting the poem. As we entered the house the voice of Robert Frost picked up at the exact point of my recital. A recording of "The Road Not Taken" that plays in the house...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

I see orbs from time to time and have done since being very very young. Not just white / grey ones either, I have seen black orbs too which I cannot explain. I also saw my grandfather stood at the bottom of my bed talking but there were no sounds coming from his mouth that were audible. He had a blue wavy outline around his body like someone had drawn an outline around his body. This occurred at approximately 330am in the morning, terrified I pulled the duvet over my head and when I looked again he was gone. I woke up my girlfriend at the time and told her and we got up and searched the house and even went outside to the car park to look for his car. It was only the following day I got a phone call from my estranged father to tell me my grandfather had died of in the middle of the night unexpectedly. My gf freaked out more than I did! I am not a religious person and have no explanation for what I saw. Very weird!!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The weirdest experience I ever had involved a friend and myself.

We had been driving after a day of fishing in the boonies of Nevada. While turning on to highway 50 outside Austin, my friend asked if I was seeing some one crossing the road dressed in white. I told him that I didn't see anything but the road and the sage brush in the headlights. After a few yards more, he slammed on the brakes in a panic saying he just drove through this person that I couldn't see. We both got out and checked the surrounding area around the car and found nothing wrong, no body on the road or damage to the car. He swore he had driven right through it.

After finally driving the rest of the way to Reno in silence, he dropped me off at home and drove off to his place.

A few days later, I get a call at work from a mutual friend of ours saying he had passed away in his sleep a couple nights later. No cause of death was ever determined. He never drank alcohol, never did drugs, and was pretty fit.

I always wonder if what he saw may have had anything to do with his passing. He saw it and passed away,and I didn't and lived.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have a strange strange one. I was around 10 years old,mom and dad were separated and my mom and i were living at my grannies. Dad was going out of town and said he would stop by to tell me bye. I was home alone around noon or whatever,upstairs using the bathroom which was directly at the top of the steps. I heard the door open and my dad yell "JOHN",so i replied . 5-10 seconds later he yelled "JOHN BOY" in his high pitched funny voice, so this time i opened the door and screamed "HOLD ON" Well in less than a minute i was downstairs and nobody was there, i walked outside and around the house but nobody was there. I was 110% at what i had heard. His voice is unmistakable to me. Few weeks later he apologized for not being able to see me before he left! WHAT?! He was never there!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

hypnosis can take you in and out of the past, the bardos (between lives) and future. I dont know how, its mesmerizing. Its like a way to access the Akashic Records.

Ive never been able to be hypnotized, which usually means im not ready to learn my past, Ive always thought i was a bad person in my past.

However, the future is not set in stone. You were meant to see what you saw.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join