It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Mexican Soldiers Pour Into the Country's Most Violent City in Crackdown on Drug Gangs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Not a peep from D.C. and the Obama admin., or Clinton and the State Department. Not even Homeland Security or Defense!

What can they say? I mean, the US government is responsible for creating this mess. About all they could say is to admit they started this war against human nature and all that blood shed resulting from this war against drugs (and natures intoxicating plants) are on their hands! If they admitted that, they would be confessing their guilt and liability, and you know they can't do that.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

While I do not think the recent "crises" have been manufactured or are part of a grand, multi- or super-administration plan, I am certain that there are many who have the power and wherewithal to capitalize on them toward a bigger agenda.

Most of success is dependent upon being "ready" for opportunities as they arise. Why waste resources with subterfuge, when all you have to do is be watchful and take advantage of a crisis; natural (Katrina), man-made (WTC), or contrived ("Anthropogenic" Global Warming)?

Throw in the fiscal crises, and you have opportunites everywhere, whether you created them (doubtful, in my opinion) or they arise on their own?

The North American Union began with NAFTA and the Superhighway/Corridor currently under spotty construction.

The worldwide financial problems open the door for expansion into a Global New Deal and the Int'l Criminal Court, the Int'l Environmental Court, and coming soon to a former Republic near you, a New World Order.

Pieces of a puzzle and falling dominoes.

One border at a time!

Deny Ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Well have we really looked into whether or not the DOD or HS is looking in to it? Could this be the reason why they think civil unrest could happen? Just how dangerous is this situation for American civilians?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Short answer: No.
Long answer: I review breaking news from many sources, many foreign. There are sites that specifically monitor D.C. actions and policies as they are hinted at or revealed.

Aside from a mention of upcoming "hearings" in Congressional committees, there has been absolutely no action taken in Washington.

The last I recall was when "immigration reform" sparked interest, and even some legislation, that went nowhere!

Shouldn't we expect a national or Federal response to border incursions and armies on our borders?

Not a peep from the MSM really, except for anecdotal "spots" that mean nothing except to fill time or add sensationalism to a lead-line for viewership and ratings.

No substance.

South Texas law enforcement have been pleading for years with no response whatsoever.

(Glenn Beck featured a S. Tx. sheriff and congressman last year for about a week while he was still on CNN - look where that got him and what it produced!)

'Far as I'm concerned, we are in big trouble.

jw
(edit to add a star)

[edit on 4-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by jdub297

Could this be the reason why they think civil unrest could happen?

If you refer to the Federal govt. as "they," there is no threat of civil unrest.
"They" will not admit there's a problem as it would signify a loss of control. Can't happen.

If "they" are ATS members and some of the popualtion, damn right! People I know are both scared and angry - a volatile mixture that often results in regrettable conduct.

I'll be in S. Texas within the next week or two for a while. This used to include group excursions across the border for shopping (think Havanas, Corona, silver), food (roasted cabrito, hojas de maiz), and meds (M.D.s and D.D.M.s are cheap and "walk-in", the pharmacias require no Rx).

No more. Cross-border commerce is just about dead compared to 5 years ago.

Citizens there are in danger. Phoenix is now the "kidnap capital of America." (About one-a-day, like vitamins of terror)

Not a good situation by any stretch and impervious to any gloss, if you go, look, and ask. You won't hear about it north of Dallas.

jw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Personally, I do not believe ANY government, or ANY humon, has any god given right to tell another person what they can or can not do to themselves and their mind, and I ignore ALL such laws that attempt to limit MY personal freedom(s) where it is nobody else's business or concern.

Would it become someone else business when someone who was drunk doing 90 in a neighborhood slams into someones daughter while she is playing in the yard/street/wherever?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OKCBtard

Personally, I do not believe ANY government, or ANY humon, has any god given right to tell another person what they can or can not do to themselves and their mind, and I ignore ALL such laws that attempt to limit MY personal freedom(s) where it is nobody else's business or concern.

Would it become someone else business when someone who was drunk doing 90 in a neighborhood slams into someones daughter while she is playing in the yard/street/wherever?

Can anyone explain how this relates to Mexican soldiers fighting a war on our border?
second line: deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

THAT is like saying GUNS kill people, so guns should be outlawed. Sorry, but the fault of an automobile homicide is caused by irresponsible stupid humans. Don't blame the inanimate things involved, such as cars, drugs, or guns .. blame the stupid irresponsible humons. Outlaw stupid irresponsible evil humons and leave the inanimate things out of this fault/blame game. Guns and alcohol and drugs and cars don't get up and go out and kill people .. people kill people.

Anyhow, this war on drugs is no different an issue than when alcohol was prohibited by those that want to control your lives and mind. There will never be any winning this war on drugs, not so long as humon nature remains the same.

As long as this war continues, you will not only see deaths related to irresponsible drug users, but you'll also continue to count deaths related to this war itself too. If you want to see less deaths, call off the war, and then deal with the stupid irresponsible users and blame them .. not the inanimate things involved. Prohibition does not stop the flow of drugs. Heck, everyone knows it's easier to buy a bag of weed than a bottle of booze (the booze store has limited hours of operation .. drug dealers are usually open for business 24x7x52 and a dealer can be found living on almost every neighborhood street in America).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

THAT is like saying GUNS kill people, so guns should be outlawed. Sorry, but the fault of an automobile homicide is caused by irresponsible stupid humans. Don't blame the inanimate things involved, such as cars, drugs, or guns .. blame the stupid irresponsible humons. Outlaw stupid irresponsible evil humons and leave the inanimate things out of this fault/blame game. Guns and alcohol and drugs and cars don't get up and go out and kill people .. people kill people.

How about we just keep those things illegal so we wont have to worry about stupid people getting even more messed up.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

How about we just keep those things illegal so we wont have to worry about stupid people getting even more messed up.

Making something illegal never stopped those from doing what they want. Heck, I myself totally ignore all of mans laws related to those things which I would call victimless crimes.

Besides all of these deaths related to fighting this war on drugs, you also have MANY people locked up in prison because of victimless crimes, and that is a tragedy too.

Oh well, killers will be killers, and thus if them solders weren't fighting a war on drugs they would be fighting some other kind of war.

Isn't it funny, ya got cops and solders and DEA agents KILLING people in some lame ass attempt to stop people from getting high. Which group do you see as the evil ones? The solders of this war that kill kill kill, or the pot head sitting at home on a Friday night getting high and harming nobody?

Why they just don't end this prohibition to save the lives lost in this war is beyond comprehension. What they are doing now is resulting in MORE deaths. And, ending prohibition really wouldn't change drug use in this country very much, those against drug use aren't gonna start getting high now just because it is legal. Heck, alcohol is legal and I hate the stuff and only touch it once a year.

There is no way they will ever win a war against drugs/human nature. This whole prohibition thing is pointless and so many people are dying because of it. Sad.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The real problem is going to be the story of who will control the drug markets after the this mess is finished.

So many times what starts as good intention on the parts of the puppets, simply becomes the next regime or cartel, less touchable and even more protected.

I just do not see the multi trillion dollar a year business ending because a new force steps in to control the individuals who are causing a living hell on earth for humans, the drug energy does not care about human life and it will most certainly continue.

Many innocent lives will be lost and rivers of blood will be shed in the name of this war on drugs.

Solid points. There is a human face to the drug business. Millions in South America and parts of Asia rely on it as the cash crop that keeps their meagre economies buoyant and feed their children.

The drug lords are not unlike the Prohibition gangsters in Chicago. Guns and murder as opposed to corporate boardroom monopolies.

Drug use and abuse is here to stay. Hopefully it can be treated humanely instead of punitively. The US already has it's hands in the dirty business behind the scenes. Decriminalizing, overseeing and taxing it like alcohol and tobacco is the only sane way to go now.

Mike F

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

The real problem is going to be the story of who will control the drug markets after the this mess is finished.

So many times what starts as good intention on the parts of the puppets, simply becomes the next regime or cartel, less touchable and even more protected.

I just do not see the multi trillion dollar a year business ending because a new force steps in to control the individuals who are causing a living hell on earth for humans, the drug energy does not care about human life and it will most certainly continue.

Many innocent lives will be lost and rivers of blood will be shed in the name of this war on drugs.

Solid points. There is a human face to the drug business. Millions in South America and parts of Asia rely on it as the cash crop that keeps their meagre economies buoyant and feed their children.

The drug lords are not unlike the Prohibition gangsters in Chicago. Guns and murder as opposed to corporate boardroom monopolies.

Drug use and abuse is here to stay. Hopefully it can be treated humanely instead of punitively. The US already has it's hands in the dirty business behind the scenes. Decriminalizing, overseeing and taxing it like alcohol and tobacco is the only sane way to go now.
Mike F

Maybe Kellogg or Dole or Eli Lilly will step in and legitimize things. They'd be foolish to have overlooked a huge market and cash flow. The largest cash crops in California, Kentucky and Nebraska are illegal right now.

Hemp itself was a huge industry at one time for growers, brokers and manufacturers. An entire economy that was driven out of the country by idiots.

Ecomonics alone, not to mention National Security and border protection dictate a revisitation of bad policy.

jw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join