It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Mexican Soldiers Pour Into the Country's Most Violent City in Crackdown on Drug Gangs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thousands of Mexican Soldiers Pour Into the Country's Most Violent City in Crackdown on Drug Gangs

www.dai lymail.co.uk

Armed to the hilt, they came from land and air, determined to restore order to Mexico's most violent city.

Nearly 2,000 Mexican soldiers and armed federal police poured into the border town of Ciudad Juarez last weekend.

The city - just across from El Paso in Texas - has been ravaged by drug gangs. Just this month 250 people were killed there by hitmen fighting for lucrative smuggling routes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S. Rattled as Mexico Drug War Bleeds Over Border
Illegal immigrants, Mexico, immigration reform

Cartels on Par with Mexican Army

[edit on 3-3-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The soldiers are the first contingent of as many as 5,000 troops and federal police being sent to Juarez.

Nuevo Laredo, alone has seen 2 police chiefs and numerous officers shot down in the streets. Ciudad Juarez police patrol only in pairs and with guns drawn at all times.

These are all happening in Mexico as we "speak."

At least three International Bridges have been closed from the Mexican sides by protesters threatened or paid by cartels and gangs.

The "ZETAs" have come into the U.S. to kidnap and murder Amercian civilians and law enforcement.

Several were tried over the past few years and convicted in American courts, but there are thousands more beyonf our reach.

ZETAs were originally trained and armed to be Mexican Special Forces by American advisers, but were bought off by cartels.

This has been going on for years.

www.dai lymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It was about time.

Good to see something done about these problems,

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Will the gangs flee to the interior, fight it out, or cross the border?

We'll know soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The mexican based drug cartel strongmen
have set up shop in Phoenix AZ as far as the articles i've been reading.

the USA has recently supplied the Mexican gov't with training, $1.4 million,
and equipment like helicopters to wage drug wars... hopefully down
in Mexico in the eyes of the DEA & border guards.

seems Phoenix is the kidnapping center of greater Mexico
only behind MexicoCity itself...

see:
www.azcentral.com...

~paragraph is in middle of page~ los zetas?

+++++

also in another article i read today, the ATF has identified a Phoenix arms/guns dealer selling AK-47s to the presumed Mexican drug enforcers
for shipping back to their homeland.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
....and if this is really true, we should be hearing of Texas citizens firing upon groups of Mexicans fleeing the clashes and crossing the border to America.

I'm almost of the mind to support them being "plinked" back across the border. We cannot let America become a safe haven for the fleeing gang members who, I'm sure, jump the line, wait for the coast to clear, and then go back.

The border between the US and Mexico should NOT be some sort of no-mans-land, right?

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing we got the "war on drugs" to protect us.

What i find funny, we declare war on drugs, but then we're shocked when the other side acts on wartime footing. By declaring the war on drugs in the first place means you've just declared war on a well armed, financed, and vaguely defined enemy who knows you better than you know them.

IIRC the cartels didn't start the drug war, and if it wasn't for the drug war itself, the coca fields would be fruit farms instead. Think the drug war is effective? Go to any middle school or above aged kid that trusts you and ask to buy a 20 sack of weed, or whatever you want to find. Chances are it's a txt msg away. That'll show you just how effective the drug war really is.

Actuallt though, the war has had the effect of keeping the prices of substance artificially high, allowing a greater profit margin for all our drug dealing CIA and congressmen.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Drug Gangs - another direct result of America's "War on Drugs".

They just don't get.

Why 1 in 30 person's is incarcerated or under DOC supervision in America for:
Selling drugs.
Using drugs.
Stealing or selling their ass to pay for the higher costing drugs.

Not to forget the deepest black hole in most of our state budgets go to the DOC.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
yeah, I can see skirmishes with retreating forces, even Mexican military ones. It's time for all the Border States to set up to defend themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You know, this could have been "nipped in the bud" a long time ago. Lou Doobs was reporting on this a couple years ago, about how it was spilling across our own borders, and that nothing was being done about it. I recall even hearing of one Texas border town losing three sheriffs in something like a months time. I also remember hearing of people saying that hearing automatic weapons fire at all hours of the night was common, and that they would just roll over and go back to sleep.

Being that this is not only spilling across our borders, but in a neighboring country, you'd think our government might do something about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What's really frustrating is that we treat our borders differently. I just read a story about a Canadian who asked a Border Officer to say "please" when he was asked to turn off and exit his vehicle. The officer hit him with pepper spray, detained him for several hoours, then refused him entry to Washington, where he owns a home.

What's happened to common sense in dealing with our borders?

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

....and if this is really true, we should be hearing of Texas citizens firing upon groups of Mexicans fleeing the clashes and crossing the border to America.

I'm almost of the mind to support them being "plinked" back across the border. We cannot let America become a safe haven for the fleeing gang members who, I'm sure, jump the line, wait for the coast to clear, and then go back.

The border between the US and Mexico should NOT be some sort of no-mans-land, right?

Cuhail

I would agree. However, should be sensitive to the fact that many of those fleeing, may not be drug dealers but are innocents caught in the cross fire with no where to run but north.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And just think, it's not been all too long ago that Mexico's military was helping the drug runners.....just do a quick google search of "Mexican Military Incursions".

Hopefully that long sentence doesn't constitute a one-liner

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The real problem is going to be the story of who will control the drug markets after the this mess is finished.

So many times what starts as good intention on the parts of the puppets, simply becomes the next regime or cartel, less touchable and even more protected.

I just do not see the multi trillion dollar a year business ending because a new force steps in to control the individuals who are causing a living hell on earth for humans, the drug energy does not care about human life and it will most certainly continue.

Many innocent lives will be lost and rivers of blood will be shed in the name of this war on drugs.

What of the multi generational communities that have been forced into growing and manufacturing? What will become of those innocents? Are they to be murdered as well? They have been forced into this and have no other option than to comply.

This is the beginning of a very bad situation which will eventually bleed over into innocent populations, and the systematic elimination of families that are involved but by forced means.

Invading our country in the name of the war on drugs will also take innocent American lives, i hate to think of the emergency services along the border cities and the over flow of wounded, this will be a financial burden on tax payers yes, but an even greater tragedy for the injured and their families.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This action is clearly overdue but, is it a day late and a dollar short? With corruption running a muck within the Mexican police departments and local governments, I wonder how many of these soldiers are on the take or who have been in the past. I get the feeling that it is all for show. It seems as though the MSM has been leading up to this "big" story over the past several weeks. The timing is suspect IMO.

This action is a huge wake up call to all those who live in border states and especially border towns. I feel that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have to agree this is somewhat suspicious.

A foreign army masses thousand of troops and armament on our Border, and no one in Washington has any concern?

Of course, this is the Army whose "special forces" we trained and armed several years ago, and which became the ZETAs, the cartels' enforcers!

Nothing about this seems right.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
You can thank the US government and their war on drugs (and natures intoxicating plants) for this mess. This is what happens when a government imposes prohibition on things people will still continue to pursue and use. And, you can thank the US customers and their demand for Mexican drugs too.

Personally, I do not believe ANY government, or ANY humon, has any god given right to tell another person what they can or can not do to themselves and their mind, and I ignore ALL such laws that attempt to limit MY personal freedom(s) where it is nobody else's business or concern.

Just like when alcohol was prohibited, the solution to all this mess is exactly the same: CALL OFF THIS WAR against individual freedoms!!!

And, personally, because of this war on drugs (and natures intoxicating plants), I hope the drug thugs win this war! It's not the ideal solution and outcome, but it's better than Mr. Dictator that wants to control all of us winning this war for our bodies and minds.

Down with the dictators and governments that want to control our minds and life and want to dictate to us what we can and can not do to ourselves!!! More power to the drug lords, because I fear them less than these dictators and their governments.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Call me paranoid, but I suspected that the whole Y2K thing was a deep, black ops sociology test to see how the American public would react to a "crisis" of that "magnitude" (you can bet "think tanks" churned out statistical white papers with percentages of segments of the population who bought into it, who prepared, who left town, etc, etc;

the 9/11 thing was another deep black ops affair primarily purposed to create the perfect, generic, evil enemy loosely called something like "radical, militant, muslim, suicide-bombing, terrorists" which would give TPTB an unlimited excuse to foment just about any military incursion they wanted plus systematically shredding The Bill of Rights;

Katrina was another experiment (after they blew the levies with explosive charges) to see how people could be herded into FEMA-controlled living conditions, martial law in N.O., gun round-ups, and so forth;

now we're in a controlled demolition of the economy (draw your own conclusions);

and just as the North American Union rumors and theories won't go away and they're floating the concept of WORLD NEW DEAL (notice they can't really use the phrase NEW WORLD ORDER anymore, so they've latched on to this buzz phrase WORLD NEW DEAL)...

so now we have full on, martial law in Ciudad Juarez as yet another sociology experiment to see how everyone will react to that. It's as if they want people to think "see there, martial law is O.K. in an emergency situation", so it is like another little introduction to the concept of martial law so that people can get somewhat comfortable with the "necessity" of flooding the streets of a large city with troops and SWAT.

The point is, I believe that these and other events are staged psy-ops campaigns to gauge the reaction of the masses and to sort of prepare the masses for what they would like to unfold next... another "crisis", martial law, North American Union, New World Order, and all that jazz.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't think it will be a burden on tax payers, except in those affected states.

Have you noticed that Washinton has completley ignored military incursions in the U.S., kidnapping and murders of U.S. citizens, and now the massing of slodiers on the Border.

And, it's not just in Juarez. Mexican troops and Federales have been dispatched from Brownsville/Matamoros to laredo/Nuevo Laredo to Del Rio/Acuna to Eagle Pass/Piedra Negras, and on up to El Paso/Juarez.

Not a peep from D.C. and the Obama admin., or Clinton and the State Department. Not even Homeland Security or Defense!

Washington is letting this escalate at the Border States' expense and risk to their people and economies.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The non action of our federal and state governments against the invasion of drug lords from Mexico is not acceptable.

Americans are getting kidnapped and killed by Mexicans? How can we be letting this happen?

There is definitely a deep rabbit hole in this conspiracy.

What is it...payoffs, bribes, blackmail? We have the manpower and machinery to stop this problem. Why is this allowed to go on?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join