It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid warning?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Not only that, it's incorrect. The ancient world was aware of "pi" as 22/7 and it shows up in the Rhind Mathematical papyrus. They had a way of doing brute force calculations with that. The Sumerians also used it:
en.wikipedia.org...

I know the Sumerians predate the Hebrews by a few thousand years but I wanted to mention that the Tabernacle contained an object that had the value of Pi. The Lampstand in the Holy chamber had a ratio of 22/7. There were 7 burning lamps and 22 flower blossoms in its support arms. I believe this ratio holds some ancient secret.

Menorah

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Just thought I would add a pic in regards to what Scott is saying.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Yes, they were told to make it exactly as they had seen it "in the mount".

Let's look at a "mount"

Not 6 arms but you get the idea.

If you subscribe to the growing earth theory, which states that the earth tectonic plates do not float but are stationary on their perspective plates and are being elasticated, then you will see that at one point all of the pyramids around the world, were much closer together.

Kinda puts a new perspective on the bermuda Triangle.

Peace

[edit on 7-3-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I've just started to believe in the expanding earth theory but I see that event as a means to get land above the Deluge waters.

The 22/7 ratio I believe is an astronomical secret.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I've just started to believe in the expanding earth theory but I see that event as a means to get land above the Deluge waters.

The 22/7 ratio I believe is an astronomical secret.

Same here. I look at the earth the same way I look at an embryo.

Something to think about in regards to 22/7.

9-11 is really 7-11. September is the 7th month, hence Sept. The two months of January and February were added to the calender around 100 A.D., so if 9-11 was done as some sort of Ancients sacrifice, everyone is looking for something to corrolate to 9-11, but they are looking in the wrong place, because to the ancients it would of been 7-11.

Peace, ltru

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Today we are building some of the most enduring monuments ever to be built.

You might wonder if they are skycrapers or bridges? No those are built to last about 100 years.

We are building warning markers over our nuclear waste dumps. To last tens of thousands of years.

So far no one has had the bright idea to remove the pyramids stone by stone. If they did, I wonder what surprise they might discover.

The warning concept is worthy of consideration. I hope we never find out.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Today we are building some of the most enduring monuments ever to be built.

You might wonder if they are skycrapers or bridges? No those are built to last about 100 years.

We are building warning markers over our nuclear waste dumps. To last tens of thousands of years.

So far no one has had the bright idea to remove the pyramids stone by stone. If they did, I wonder what surprise they might discover.

The warning concept is worthy of consideration. I hope we never find out.

Something that your point just made me think about...why such heavy stones? The only thing I can think of is to cap something off, like a Volcano. I've kinda always wondered if they didn't just carve the things out of old lava caps mountains. I mean, look at Uluru/Ayers rock...it is the same composition. Lime stone and Baetlys/Basalt. Maybe they never moved a stone, but just carved them out of rock. Look at Petra. Carved right out of a mountain...wouldn't of been a new concept.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Something to think about in regards to 22/7.

9-11 is really 7-11. September is the 7th month, hence Sept. The two months of January and February were added to the calender around 100 A.D., so if 9-11 was done as some sort of Ancients sacrifice, everyone is looking for something to corrolate to 9-11, but they are looking in the wrong place, because to the ancients it would of been 7-11.

Peace, ltru

It’s interesting that the Gregorian calendar starts using the number months in September: 7, 8, 9, 10. It sounds like your saying divine events happen around September. Do you know of any other major events that happened in September?

By the way, the Deluge was supposed to take place somewhere between October and November. The bible passage says, “In the second month on the 17th day of the month.” If I understand this correctly than September should be the first month.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
reply to post by Harte

Harte: The Egyptians had two measures, hands (or fingers) and cubits….

SC: The AE had a number of intermediary measures from their base unit of digits and palms, to wit:

4 digits equaled a palm, 5 digits a hand.

12 digits, or three palms, equaled a small span.

14 digits, or one-half a cubit, equaled a large span.

16 digits, or 4 palms, made 1 t'ser.

24 digits, or 6 palms, were a small cubit.

28 digits made a Royal Cubit.

Scott,

Thanks for correcting my misplaced nomenclature.

Please allow me to point out that, since the royal cubit was used, my argument of ratios still stands.

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Revelation:

The meaning of the first and greatest sphinx in Egypt near the great pyramids, and the linked meaning of the great pyramid.

Here is the meaning for those who will hear:

The sphinx is the representation of immortality. The original sphinx was the head of a woman and the body of a lion. The head is now carved down to represent a pharaoh, but it was not always so.

The meaning of the head of a woman and the body of a lion:

The head of the woman represents the part of the zodiac called Virgo.

The body of the lion represents the part of the zodiac called Leo.

Virgo and Leo, when connected, create the eternal round of the zodiac.

The Virgo represents the Virgin Mary. The Leo represents the Lion of Judah, Jesus Christ, who is produced by the Virgo, who would overcome death. When the connection was completed, the eternal life of man was guaranteed.

The sphinx is the symbol of the ancient knowledge of the coming redeemer of mankind and is set in immortal place in stone for our generation and all future generations to bear testimony. It was built to testify that the coming redeemer would be born in Israel. The great pyramid is made for the King of Kings, and the passageway from the central crypt aims at the birthplace of Jesus Christ.

The crypt was left empty, because it was meant to predict that the tomb of Jesus Christ would be empty.

Read the meaning of the sphinx. Behold the meaning of the empty tomb. Follow the passageway to the birthplace of your redeemer.

Believe in eternal life.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Revelation:

The meaning of the first and greatest sphinx in Egypt near the great pyramids, and the linked meaning of the great pyramid.

Here is the meaning for those who will hear:

The sphinx is the representation of immortality. The original sphinx was the head of a woman and the body of a lion. The head is now carved down to represent a pharaoh, but it was not always so.

You cannot possibly know this, hence you made it up.

Since you state it as fact, and you undoubtably made it up, this means you are a liar.

So, why would anyone read anything else you post?

Originally posted by Jim ScottThe meaning of the head of a woman and the body of a lion:

The head of the woman represents the part of the zodiac called Virgo.

The body of the lion represents the part of the zodiac called Leo.

Virgo and Leo, when connected, create the eternal round of the zodiac.

Thjis could only be true if the Sphinx was carved after the Ptolemies took over Egypt. In other words, after Alexander the Great's conquest.

Before then, there was no such thing as an Egyptian Virgo Zodiacal constellation, and no such thing as an Egyptian Leo Zodiacal Constellation.

So, you are asserting that the Greeks (or the Greek conquerors of Egypt) carved the sphinx. I find this unlikely, but more likely than the stupid idea that it was carved in 10,500 BCE.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The best known old horoscope describes the sky on April 29, 410 BC. The text is translated as follows:

Nisannu, night of the 14th(?), ... son of Shumu-usur, Shumu-iddina, descendant [---], was born. At that time the moon was below the Pincer of the Scorpion, Jupiter in Pisces, venus in Taurus, Saturn in Cancer, Mars in Gemini. Mercury, which had set was not vis[ible]. [-] (Things?) will be propitious for you. (Rochberg 1998: 56)

www.folklore.ee...

However in Job 38:31-32 we read, "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?" Mazzaroth is a Hebrew word which means "the constellations of the Zodiac." Hidden in plain sight in Job chapters 38 and 39, are given the twelve Signs: Battles of heaven -- Job 38:37; Lions -- Job 38:39; Ravens -- Job 39:41; Wild goats -- Job 39:1; Hinds -- Job 39:1; Wild ass -- Job 39:5; Unicorn 39:9; Peacocks --Job 39.13; Ostrich -- Job 39:13; Horse -- Job 39:19; Hawk -- Job 39:26; Eagle -- Job 39:27.

www.sciforums.com...

The Talmud (Tractate Bava Basra 15a-b) maintains that the Book of Job was written by Moses. en.wikipedia.org...

astrology.about.com...

My friend, the sphinx predates history (estimated date of construction as early as 800,000 BC), as obviously do the stars. www.abovetopsecret.com...
The zodiac also predates history across the world in many cultures. Although I am not an astrologist, the handwriting is on the wall. This may not be for you, but for those who will hear. God bless you.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Great thread guy's,

I read somewhere, i can't remember exactly where but i'll try to find it, that the three pyramids at Giza are Completely different in the way they are built to any other pyramid's in Egypt.

Also that they have no Hieroglyphs on the walls like all the other pyramid's do, That modern Egyptologists attribute the building of the biggest to Khufu or his son, but that khufu himself refers to it as the temple of isis built by the ancients, and orders it's renovation. - Why renovate something you just built??

I'll try to find the article but it's something to think about !

Peace :p
RBOI

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
the area of squares are directly proportional to their perimeters. a circle with the same perimetre will contain the same area. so yes.

Smyth also confirmed the value of Pi being built into the pyramids dimensions.

Squaring the Circle
Methods to approximate the area of a given circle with a square were known already to Babylonian mathematicians. The Egyptian Rhind papyrus of 1800BC gives the area of a circle as (64/81) d 2, where d is the diameter of the circle, and π approximated to 255/81, a number that appears in the older Moscow Mathematical Papyrus, and used for volume approximations (ie hekat (volume unit)). Indian mathematicians also found an approximate method, though less accurate, documented in the Sulba Sutras.[1] Archimedes showed that the value of π lay between 3 + 1/7 (approximately 3.1429) and 3 + 10/71 (approximately 3.1408). See Numerical approximations of π for more on the history.

we knwo maths can be applied to everything. and everything comes down to matter. we know the freemasons lurv maths. there is a connection between the masons and ancient egypt. math.

Originally posted by Harte
Pi appears nowhere in any dimension of any pyramid on Earth. Smyth invented the piramid-inch in order to "find" (actually create) all of these correlations, like the distance to the Sun, et al.

incorrect. that is spreading disinfo.

Originally posted by virgthevoice
It makes sense that if they had a message for some far off future generation (perhaps us) it would be encoded in the design and dimensions of the structure.

perhaps the message is encoded in the ancient pyramids. perhaps the message is mathmatics. it can be used the predict the future. it is responsible for every man made creation.

should look into the dateline relationship between the opening and exploration of the pyramids and the development of modern day maths in england.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

[edit on 27-3-2009 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

My friend, the sphinx predates history (estimated date of construction as early as 800,000 BC), as obviously do the stars.

Well, yes, the stars predate history. So does dirt. What, exactly, is the substance (if any) of this statement?
The Sphinx certainly does not predate history. And there is no plausible dating of the Sphinx that goees this far back.

If you want the current Egyptological dating and the pseudoscientific dating done by Robert Schoch, along with his methods, you can find all the current information on both at ATS' Wiki site. See the tiny link at the top of this page that says TinWiki. Look under "Dating the Sphinx." It's in the "Myths, Legends and Beasts" section.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The zodiac also predates history across the world in many cultures.

Again, this is simply not true. Posting your opinion as fact makes you, again, a liar.

The Sumerians came up with the zodiac you are using here. There's was somewhat different (Leo was originally called the Big Dog, for example) and no other culture developed this zodiac. Again, this is the zodiac you are using. Other zodiacs were developed elsewhewre, but several of those were adaptations of the Sumerian.

Egypt never had this sort of thing until the Greeks took over Egypt wioth Alexander's conquest.

IOW, there was no "Virgo" or Leo" when the Sphinx was carved and when the Pyramids were built. Not in Egypt, anyway.

Originally posted by Jim ScottThe Although I am not an astrologist, the handwriting is on the wall. This may not be for you, but for those who will hear. God bless you.

This last part is a catchall phrase indicating that you believe that you are in possesion of some "secret lore" that the rest of us lowlifes do not possess.

Only "those who will hear" are eligible to join your club.

Your little clique will quickly fill with the human equivalent of bobbleheads, nodding at each other, safe in the "knowledge" that they are "in on" secret information that others don't have, making them "better" than the rest of us know-nothings.

Harte

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here's some of the best (most interesting) info. (see links) on the pyramids I've found. Not saying I agree with everything they say. Some things I definitely believe are.

1 The 3 Giza Pyramids were built probably around 12.5k yrs. ago in agreement with Edgar Casey and others. Why- Schock's water erosion findings, no hieroglyphs, superior craftsmanship, Islamic religion says creation was 6k yrs. ago. Most Egyptologists are Muslim and won't dispute their religion. Khufu probably only repaired and changed some things like re-carving the Sphinx head. It's obviously too small and much newer looking than the body. It should look older, being exposed to elements, when the body was buried in sand.

2 Being so old means Atlanteans were envolved. Most info. says Thoth-Hermes-Enoch (same soul) was the architect.

3 You can't cut granite with copper tools.

4 Casey said it took 100 yrs. to build the Great Pyramid.

5 Casey said the entrance to the connecting chambers of the Atlantean Hall of Records was near the right paw of the Sphinx. I've seen an old photo showing an entrance behind the right paw where that square thing is now. Scroll down on Larry hunter's site to see where the Hall is located.

www.thehiddenrecords.com...
www.gizapower.com...
www.larryhunter.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.paoweb.com...
solomonseries.com...

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Howdy Saggoth

1 The 3 Giza Pyramids were built probably around 12.5k yrs. ago in agreement with Edgar Casey and others.

Why- Schock's water erosion findings, no hieroglyphs, superior craftsmanship, Islamic religion says creation was 6k yrs. ago.

Hans: Ah Schock changed his mind some years ago and now supports a date of 7,000-5,000 BC, Orthodox estimate 2,500 BC

www.robertschoch.com...

Hieroglyph in the pyramids point to the orthodox date – Islam has nothing to do with the date of the pyramids

Most Egyptologists are Muslim and won't dispute their religion.

Hans: Most Egyptologists are not Egyptians and many Egyptians who are Egyptologists are Copts. Islam has nothing to do with the dating of the the Sphinx

Khufu probably only repaired and changed some things like re-carving the Sphinx head. It's obviously too small and much newer looking than the body. It should look older, being exposed to elements, when the body was buried in sand.

Hans: this may be true, we don’t know

2 Being so old means Atlanteans were envolved. Most info. says Thoth-Hermes-Enoch (same soul) was the architect.

Hans: No it doesn’t, two major problems, no evidence for Atlantis and no evidence of any other culture in Egypt other than neolithic hunger-gathers during that time frame (if you accept at 10k date that is)

3 You can't cut granite with copper tools.

Hans: True, but the pyramids are made of limestone which is easily cut with copper tools, the few pieces of granite were shaped with diorite – which is harder than granite

4 Casey said it took 100 yrs. to build the Great Pyramid.

Hans: Ah he made that up

5 Casey said the entrance to the connecting chambers of the Atlantean Hall of Records was near the right paw of the Sphinx.

Hans: He made that up too, repeated expeditions and searches have only found small opening consistent with water flow thru the limestone that constitutes the foundation (the 'living' stone) of the Sphinx

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I should have put my post on the pyramid construction thread. Oh Well.
Hans, which hieroglyphs are you talking about in the Giza pyramids? If you mean the one in the relieving chamber, how do you know it wasn't faked? Can it be proven when it was made? You can't compare that to
most Egyptian temples which have enormous amounts of hieroglyphs. So
in my opinion it's strong evidence that the AE didn't design the 3 Giza pyramids. They simply copied what they found as best they could.
Have you examined any of the info. I posted? Please do so and give me your opinions of each one.
There is evidence but much of it is not rock solid, something you or the orthodox community would accept. So the statement "there is No evidence" isn't true. There are many anecdotal reports such as an undersea pyramid in the Bermuda triangle area. Some Dr. dove on it and retrieved a crystal ball. You may have heard the story.
Chris Dunn shows solid evidence, photos of saw marks and other tool marks on blocks. He also says the Giza pyramids demonstrate space age quality, use of power tools, and the sarcophagus is granite, cut with space age precision. To say the sarcophagus and the huge granite blocks that line the Kings chamber were cut and shaped with copper tools or diorite balls is absolutely ABSURD. So the Giza pyramids themselves are evidence that the ancient Egyptians had much higher technology than is admitted to, or knowledge and technology from other sources helped build them. The only other source of advanced technology I'm aware of, were the Atlanteans or ETs. (Thoth/Hermes) The Emerald tablets etc. I don't blame you or the orthodox community for your doubts because that evidence is obscure and not verifiable. There is even less evidence for ET/Alien sources. Schock's evidence proves the Sphinx is much older than orthodox opinion. I'm going with Casey's date 10.5k BC.
I shouldn't have said most Egyptologists are Muslim. But those that are (Zahi Hawass ?) are probably biased by their Muslim faith.
Casey's readings are extremely well documented. You got to give credit where credit is due.
I've seen the photo of an entrance on the side of the Sphinx where that square thing Zahi had built to block it. I tried to find it, but could only find references to it. It was taken in 1926.
Larry Hunter shows where the Hall of Atlantean Records is buried. It's about 100 yrds. in front and to the left of the Sphinx. All the sites I posted give astounding info. not found elsewhere. The sarcophagus was for initiations. They would leave the student in it over night. The energies helped him achieve soul travel (out of body experiences). Art Bell former host of Coast To coast am said he had a spontaneous OBE, 6 months after laying in the sarcophagus. Napoleon supposedly had such an experience. Just some of my opinions.

www.gizapower.com...
www.thehiddenrecords.com...
www.larryhunter.com...
www.amazon.com...

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Sargoth]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Sargoth]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
the area of squares are directly proportional to their perimeters. a circle with the same perimetre will contain the same area. so yes.

Wrong. This is spreading disinformation.
Pi was not part of the construction or design of any Egyptian pyramid

Smyth also confirmed the value of Pi being built into the pyramids dimensions.

Smythe did no such thing.

Squaring the Circle
Methods to approximate the area of a given circle with a square were known already to Babylonian mathematicians. The Egyptian Rhind papyrus of 1800BC gives the area of a circle as (64/81) d 2, where d is the diameter of the circle, and π approximated to 255/81, a number that appears in the older Moscow Mathematical Papyrus, and used for volume approximations (ie hekat (volume unit)). Indian mathematicians also found an approximate method, though less accurate, documented in the Sulba Sutras.[1] Archimedes showed that the value of π lay between 3 + 1/7 (approximately 3.1429) and 3 + 10/71 (approximately 3.1408). See Numerical approximations of π for more on the history.

This is called "squaring the circle" and was proven mathematically to be impossible to do with compass and straightedge, which was the method the Greeks tried to use.

Egyptian Pyramids were constructed a thousand years before Egyptian mathematics reached the sophistication of the Rhind Papyrus, which itself indicates that even then the Egyptians had no knowledge of irrational numbers like pi.
The Indian's work came later, and the Greeks even later than that. Also, neither of these knew pi anyway.

Originally posted by spearheadwe knwo maths can be applied to everything. and everything comes down to matter. we know the freemasons lurv maths. there is a connection between the masons and ancient egypt. math.

No such connection exists. That is spreading disinformation.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join