It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid warning?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So I am a believer that the world has undergone many catastrophes in the past.

But I wanted opinions on a thought I had regarding this.
If we look at the American or Egyptian cultures that brought us these massive pyramids. We notice that they were Sun worshipers.
Now if you observe the sun for long enough, you are bound to notice the most apparent characteristic in that it has a cycle of sunspots. 11 on and 11 off.

So what does that have to do with Pyramids?

The 11 11 cycle can be represented as thus.
1111*1111=1234321
1234321 is a triangle 4 being the peak

What else do we know about the dimensions of the Pyramid?

Smyth also confirmed the value of Pi being built into the pyramids dimensions. Smyth made many exact measurements of the pyramid, both inside and out. Smyth also determined that the perimeter of the pyramid was 36524.2 Pyramid inches. This would correspond to a year of 365.2 days. Thus, the Egyptians built the value of the number of the number of days in a year into the Great Pyramid.
www.gizapyramid.com...

What is it we take a year to orbit? The Sun
So far, the shape and the dimension of the Pyramid both point to the Sun.

I wonder if, the civilizations of the past wanted to make sure that they left a warning to future generations. Perhaps something to do with the cycle of the Sun.
Anyway if anyone is interested in this I would like to discuss it further.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting thought but I believe the likes of me and you will never know the answer unless we ever manage to get our hands on some ancient top secret documents perhaps. I believe the pyramids may have been built for protection against natural catastrophes, such as massive global advents which occur on a much larger cycle maybe? I see the pyramids as a perfect kind of cover for extreme heat, cyclones, floods and even ice maybe and maybe the formation on which they were constructed may be a clue to point us in the right direction to why they were built in the first place. Some scientists even believe pyramids all over the world were built by civilizations that were not connected to each other in any way and that there have been mass extinctions in the past with only a few people left to repopulate the earth and redevelop technology in the same way over and over. Like the civilization of Atlantis for instance.
What don't we know and why don't we know it?
possibly because you cant fit 6 billion people in a pyramid.

LINK HERE

[edit on 3-3-2009 by paulcottrell84]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Is this the perfect example of the modern day pyramid?

LINK HERE

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I believe that the Giza plateau was left for future mankind as a mystery and a message. I don't buy that Khufu built the great pyramid - that is an idea put forth by Egyptologists with an agenda, i.e. their careers. From what I've read (and of course it's all theories because no one who writes about it was there), the great pyramid is a bit of an aberration in the time it was supposed to have been built - where are all the hieroglyphs, the stories of Khufu??

The Sphinx is yet another mystery.

As the Egyptians worshiped the sun god Ra, it's easy to imagine there is some significance here.

So for discussion's sake, let's imagine that someone other than Khufu built the great pyramid (contemporary with the Sphinx), and that someone was obviously technologically and mathematically sophisticated. It makes sense that if they had a message for some far off future generation (perhaps us) it would be encoded in the design and dimensions of the structure. It would be something they believed we could figure out (if we were curious and astute enough).

Very interesting thought foremanator!!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by virgthevoice

hey thanks for the reply virgthevoice
I watched a show once when they were discussing how to warn future generations of the nuclear waste they were burying.
They made some really good points such as.
Warnings in all langauges, not knowing which languages would no longer be used in the future ( a roseta stone if you will )

The thing about math is it doesn't matter what language you speak, it's always the same.

And to me it's so blatent that it is pointing to the sun, language can be misunderstood math is universal.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
Now if you observe the sun for long enough, you are bound to notice the most apparent characteristic in that it has a cycle of sunspots. 11 on and 11 off.

Nothing. Sunspots cannot be seen without a filtered telescopic view.

Originally posted by foremanatorWhat else do we know about the dimensions of the Pyramid?

Smyth also confirmed the value of Pi being built into the pyramids dimensions.

Apparently, more than you or Smyth.

Pi appears nowhere in any dimension of any pyramid on Earth. Smyth invented the piramid-inch in order to "find" (actually create) all of these correlations, like the distance to the Sun, et al.

Harte

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Nothing. Sunspots cannot be seen without a filtered telescopic view.

Originally posted by foremanatorWhat else do we know about the dimensions of the Pyramid?

Smyth also confirmed the value of Pi being built into the pyramids dimensions.

Apparently, more than you or Smyth.

Pi appears nowhere in any dimension of any pyramid on Earth. Smyth invented the piramid-inch in order to "find" (actually create) all of these correlations, like the distance to the Sun, et al.

Harte

Not true my friend.
Sunspots have been recorded for a long long time.

The first written record of sunspots was made by Chinese astronomers around 800 B.C. Court astrologers in ancient China and Korea, who believed sunspots foretold important events, kept sporadic records of sunspots for hundred of years. An English monk named John of Worcester made the first drawing of sunspots in December 1128.
www.windows.ucar.edu...=/sun/activity/sunspot_history.html&edu=high

And again I would have to disagree.

It is true that if one divides the Great Pyramid's perimeter by its height, one indeed obtains a very good approximation to 2π. An equivalent statement is that the slope of each face of the Great Pyramid is very close to 4/π=1.273239.... This relationship is accurate to within .04% or better (depending on the data that one uses). That level of accuracy seems very impressive

www.math.washington.edu...

I would be happy to provide more information if you like.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I stand corrected. The occasional large sunspot can be seen if the Sun becomes obsured by clouds just enough to see the sun but not be blinded:

Sunspots are concentrations of strong magnetic fields piercing the solar photosphere. Visually, they look like dark blemishes on the solar disk (see slide 1 and slide 3 of the HAO slide set). Most sunspots are too small to be readily visible by naked eye observations, but some reach a size sufficient to be visible without a telescope, under suitable viewing conditions (for example, when the sun is partially obscured by fog or thick mist, or clouds). Because of their possible astrological significances, reports of naked-eye sunspot observations are indeed to be found in many ancient chronicles and court chronologies.
The two oldest record of a sunspot observation are found in the Book of Changes, probably the oldest extant Chinese book, compiled in China around or before 800 BC. The text reads "A dou is seen in the Sun", and A mei is seen in the Sun". From the context, the words (i.e., chinese characters) "dou" and "mei" are taken to mean darkening or obscuration.

Astronomers at the court of the Chinese and Korean emperors made regular notes of sunspots, most less elliptical than the one cited above. It seems, however, that observations were not carried out systematically for their own sake, but instead took place whenever astrological prognostication was demanded by the emperor. The surviving sunspots records, though patchy and incomplete, covers nearly 2000 years and represents by far the most extensive pre-telescopic sunspot record.

SOURCE

Note that there is no record of any pre-telescope civilization noticing any cycle associated with sunspots, and there is certainly no record of any such correlation noticed by the Egyptians.

Also, the approximation of pi you are talking about is 22/7, an artifact of how the Egyptians calculated angles. The Egyptians had not an inkling of any number even remotely like an irrational like pi.

They knew there was a relationship between the radius and circumference of a curcle, though. they called it "3."

The Egyptians had two measures, hands (or fingers) and cubits, that they used to measure angles. Angles were measured similar to the way we measure slopes today. The Egyptians built the Great Pyramid at an angle of 22 hands up for every cubit in. A cubit to them equaled 28 hands. They always measured angles as number of hands up versus one cubit in.

Every single pyramid that remains together enough to measure has been shown to measure at a slope that is a whole number of hands up per 28 hands (one cubit) in.

The slope of the G.P. is then 22:1, or 22/28

Imagine a cross-section of a pyramid taken from the midpoint of one side perpendicular (parallel to the base) to the midpoint of the opposite side..

You have an Isoceles triangle. Drop a perpendicular from the vertex to the base. The resulting right triangle has the sloping surface of the pyramid as the hypotenuse.

Everyone with me here?

Now, if the pyramid was built to the 22 to 1 ratio, the base leg of the right triangle would be a multiple of 28 hands, while the upright leg would be a multiple of 22 hands.

Note that in this situation, the base of the right triangle is equal to one-half the length of one side of the pyramid.

Choosing a unitary proportional triangle to the 22:1 ratio used by the Egyptians for the G.P. (base equal to 28 and upright side equal to 22) makes the conversation easier.

If you take twice the base length of a pyramid in these proportions and double it, you will have four times the base length of the right triangle mentioned above.

Now, look at the resulting "calculation" of what you refer to as "pi."

(4)22/28 = 22/7.

As I said, you are simply looking at the ratio 22/7 and claiming that the Egyptians knew it as an estimate for pi.

This explanation is rather wordy and a drawing would have been helpful, but I can't do that (on this computer) other than in MSPaint and that's too much trouble to fit to size etc.

By the way - 22/7 to ten decimals is equal to 3.1428571429 (ronded off.)

Compare this to pi and to your claimed "pi in the Great Pyramid" to see that the ratio 22/7 is far, far closer to what's been referred to as the "pi value" in the G.P. than it is to the actual value of pi to ten places.

That's a sure bet that the number you're calling pi is actually the ratio 22/7 that falls naturally out of the way the Egyptians measured and the fact that the G.P. was built to a slope of 22:1.

Harte

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Harte]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What about the Pyramid of the Moon in Teotihuacan, Mexico?

The Pyramid of the Moon is the second largest building in Teotihuacan after the Pyramid of the Sun. The Pyramid of the Moon is located in the northern part of Teotihuacan and it mimics the contours of Cerro Gordo. Some have called it Tenan which in Nahuatl means "mother or protective stone." The Pyramid of the Moon covers a structure older than the Pyramid of the Sun which existed prior to 200 A. D.

What's interesting is the position of this pyramid:

Positioned at the end of the Avenue of the Dead, which was the main axis of the city. Quite the prominent spot if you ask me.

The Pyramid of the Moon, at the northern end of the Street of the Dead, was probably completed around 250 A.D. Recent excavations near the base of the pyramid staircase have uncovered the tomb of a male skeleton with numerous grave goods of obsidian and greenstone, as well as sacrificial animals. One of the most significant tombs yet discovered at Teotihuacan, it might indicate that even more important tombs lie buried at the heart of the pyramid.

It would appear the Mexicans held the moon with high regard as well.
Should we take that as some sort of warning about the moon?

archaeology.asu.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.metmuseum.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
leave it to harte to try and ruin someone's thread. glad to see you with your tail tucked between your legs about the sunspots.

oh and harte, maybe the egyptians didn't build the pyramids. so no one cares about your 22/7 relationship ok?

now i'm sure you're gonna go on and on aobut the workers camps and how they prove the egyptians built them. but you're not gonna mention that you believed that ridiculous howard vyse story for the last 50years are you?

personally i think it's a decent theory. i don't see the connection between 1111 and the giza complex but i do think the pyramids give a warning.

OP check out scott creighton's forum on this site i thin you'll like it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
very interesting....

I think they worshipped the sun because well its a giant ball of fire in the sky, who wouldn't be intimidated by that in the early days of civilization? maybe they that with the sun their way of life can continue since its needed to grow plants.

I truly want to believe there is a bigger meaning behind the pyramids but perhaps it was just the oversized ego of the rulers at the time.

Good luck in finding your answers.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
leave it to harte to try and ruin someone's thread. glad to see you with your tail tucked between your legs about the sunspots.

Yes, I do not care to wallow in ignorance, as others here are wont to do.

oh and harte, maybe the egyptians didn't build the pyramids. so no one cares about your 22/7 relationship ok?

The problem with this display of complete and utter self-imposed ignorance is that every single pyramid in Egypt that can be measured has been measured to have been constructed to a ratio of a whole number of hands to one cubit. In other words, whoever built them, they measured the slope angles in precisely the same way in every single case.

This means that even if they were built by little green men, there is no significance to the fact that a handful of pyramids are built with a slope of 22:1. See, the same could be said about other slopes. A handful of pyramids are built with a slope of 23 to one, for example, and 25 to one, and other slopes as well. So, why are we singling out Khufu's?

Originally posted by Mozzynow i'm sure you're gonna go on and on aobut the workers camps and how they prove the egyptians built them. but you're not gonna mention that you believed that ridiculous howard vyse story for the last 50years are you?

Why not? Graham Hancock believes it. Though he's a complete con man, once he got off his butt and went and looked at the quarrymarks found in the sealed chamber, he had to admit that they were put there before the pyramid was constructed. They are visible deep into the cracks between the stones that make up the chamber. Too far back for anyone but Elastic Man to have painted them after the construction.

Of course, Sitchin has yet to be bothered to go see. He might have to do like Hancock and revise the lies he sells you from which he makes a tidy living.

Like I always say, you are welcome to your beliefs. In this case, mine is not a belief at all, but a mere statement of the facts of the situation. You are free to ignore facts if you wish, of course. Note that "ignore" is the root word of the word "ignorant." The purposeful ignoring of facts leads to the self-imposition of ignorance I mentioned earlier in this post.

Harte

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Interesting thought about pyramids.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
well harte why don't we get together and try to build a pyramid that doesn't slope at an angle for the sides to meet together at the top. i think that would be called a squareamid. or a squatamid, or a needleamid. i don't think those other options would've had as much an effect.

you can call it self imposed ignorance but it's really about you snorting around in people's threads that have something interesting to say. this thread was actually reposted again and i can't blame the OP because you're a total azz.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

well harte why don't we get together and try to build a pyramid that doesn't slope at an angle for the sides to meet together at the top. i think that would be called a squareamid. or a squatamid, or a needleamid. i don't think those other options would've had as much an effect.

Even more ignorant than usual.

Any pyramid built at any angle less than 90 degrees will "slope at an angle for the sides to meet together at the top."
The Egyptians built pyramids at slopes ranging from 30 to one to 19 to one, possibly more.

Originally posted by Mozzyyou can call it self imposed ignorance but it's really about you snorting around in people's threads that have something interesting to say. this thread was actually reposted again and i can't blame the OP because you're a total azz.

No, it's about stating the actual facts of the matter at hand instead of sitting here reading a line of crap that just so happens to fit in with the idiots' guide to ancient astronauts.

Harte

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Even more ignorant than usual.

Any pyramid built at any angle less than 90 degrees will "slope at an angle for the sides to meet together at the top."
The Egyptians built pyramids at slopes ranging from 30 to one to 19 to one, possibly more.

Originally posted by Mozzyyou can call it self imposed ignorance but it's really about you snorting around in people's threads that have something interesting to say. this thread was actually reposted again and i can't blame the OP because you're a total azz.

No, it's about stating the actual facts of the matter at hand instead of sitting here reading a line of crap that just so happens to fit in with the idiots' guide to ancient astronauts.

Harte

Harte
I am sorry but I do not respect your opinion.
I claim that you have not spent anytime reading the material on the Great Pyramids.
With all due respect. Many of the worlds most brilliant minds throught history all agree on one thing.
Whoever built the Pyramids were privy to advanced mathematics, engineering and astronomy.
Just from the nature of your posts I know that you did not spend anytime reading any of the material.
I know this because I read all of your posts. And you don't strike me as a dimwitted person. Arrogant and negative perhaps but not dimwitted.
I challenge you to spend some time investigating the qualities of the Pyramids.
The American dollar bill has a Pyramid with an eye on top (the all seeing eye) Please read about this also.
I have no interest in having a pissing contest with people on this site. Sometimes you learn great things in here. But a lot of the time peoples egos get the better of them. When this happens we loose sight of our original goal. You don't have to agree with everything I say, I wouldn't respect your opinion if you did. But honestly you owe it to yourself to investigate this.
I say this as a genuine human being without wanting or needing to boost my ego. I just want to share what I have noticed, and then to tax other peoples minds who have also noticed.
Kind regards
Foremanator.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

It is of my belief, that the ancient pyramids all around the world, are the Ark of Noah and his sons and are the stones that would cry out.

This is not widely known, but there was an edit done to the bible in regards to the building materials of the ark. Now they only mention in passing the simulareties between Gopher and Kopher, but this is huge. It is the difference between Rock or Wood. Not a minor mistake, but no one says anything about it.

Here is from wikipedia.

Gopher wood From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search A painting of Noah's Ark, said to be constructed from gopher wood. Gopher wood or gopherwood is a term used once in the Bible, for the substance from which Noah's ark was built. Gen 6:14 states that Noah was to build the Ark of גפר, gofer, more commonly gopher wood, a word not otherwise known in the Bible or in Hebrew. Its identity has not been established with certainty. Older English translations, including the King James Version (17th century), simply leave it untranslated. [edit] Question over identity The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[1] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis, "smoothed (possibly planed) wood". The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[2] Many modern English translations tend to favour cypress (although otherwise the word for "cypress" in Biblical Hebrew is brosh). This was espoused (among others) by Adam Clarke, a Methodist theologian famous for his commentary on the Bible: Clarke cited the resemblance between Greek word for cypress, kuparisson and the Hebrew word gophar. Other suggestions include pine, cedar, fir, ebony, wicker, juniper, acacia, boxwood, slimed bulrushes and resinous wood, and even American trees such as Cladrastis kentukea (American yellowwood), although this type of gopherwood has no known relation to the material of Noah's Ark. Others, noting the physical similarity between the Hebrew letters g and k, suggest that the word may actually be kopher, the Hebrew word meaning "pitch"; thus kopher wood would be pitched wood. Recent suggestions have included a lamination process (to strengthen the Ark), or a now-lost type of tree, but there is no consensus.[3]][url]Gopher wood From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search A painting of Noah's Ark, said to be constructed from gopher wood. Gopher wood or gopherwood is a term used once in the Bible, for the substance from which Noah's ark was built. Gen 6:14 states that Noah was to build the Ark of גפר, gofer, more commonly gopher wood, a word not otherwise known in the Bible or in Hebrew. Its identity has not been established with certainty. Older English translations, including the King James Version (17th century), simply leave it untranslated. [edit] Question over identity The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[1] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis, "smoothed (possibly planed) wood". The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[2] Many modern English translations tend to favour cypress (although otherwise the word for "cypress" in Biblical Hebrew is brosh). This was espoused (among others) by Adam Clarke, a Methodist theologian famous for his commentary on the Bible: Clarke cited the resemblance between Greek word for cypress, kuparisson and the Hebrew word gophar. Other suggestions include pine, cedar, fir, ebony, wicker, juniper, acacia, boxwood, slimed bulrushes and resinous wood, and even American trees such as Cladrastis kentukea (American yellowwood), although this type of gopherwood has no known relation to the material of Noah's Ark. Others, noting the physical similarity between the Hebrew letters g and k, suggest that the word may actually be kopher, the Hebrew word meaning "pitch"; thus kopher wood would be pitched wood. Recent suggestions have included a lamination process (to strengthen the Ark), or a now-lost type of tree, but there is no consensus.

This is why no one is seeing Noahs' Ark. It is the last Wonder and the final seal

Noah means "Rest" which is an action, not a person ,and If you were to read the story in hebrew, it would be much clearer that it was a pyramid noah AND his sons were told to build, "Lest they be scattered". It is also the tower of confusion or babel. Everyone is confused about it. The tower of Confusion was being built for recognition. They even left off building some of them.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Many of the worlds most brilliant minds throught history all agree on one thing.
Whoever built the Pyramids were privy to advanced mathematics, engineering and astronomy.

Correct. Compared to other cultures at the time the Egyptians were indeed advanced in mathematics, engineering and astronom

And the most knowledgeable Egyptian mathematicians, engineers and astronomers undoubtably knew a lot more tha 99% of people in our civilisation.

Of course, the remaining 1% know far more than the Egyptians ever did.

But for their time they were advanced.

Incidently, 50 years ago most 14 year olds in Britain were far more advanced in terms of radio construction than we are today, How many 14 year olds do you know who could build a radio from sratch. Or, indeed, catch a rabbit or build a bow and arrow? So was Britain in the 1950s more advanced than today?

How many people in America today could build a house, tan leather, grow crops and catch fish? Yet 5,000 years ago nearly every Egyptian could. Were they more advanced than us?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Many of the worlds most brilliant minds throught history all agree on one thing.

Correct. Compared to other cultures at the time the Egyptians were indeed advanced in mathematics, engineering and astronom

And the most knowledgeable Egyptian mathematicians, engineers and astronomers undoubtably knew a lot more tha 99% of people in our civilisation.

Of course, the remaining 1% know far more than the Egyptians ever did.

But for their time they were advanced.

Incidently, 50 years ago most 14 year olds in Britain were far more advanced in terms of radio construction than we are today, How many 14 year olds do you know who could build a radio from sratch. Or, indeed, catch a rabbit or build a bow and arrow? So was Britain in the 1950s more advanced than today?

How many people in America today could build a house, tan leather, grow crops and catch fish? Yet 5,000 years ago nearly every Egyptian could. Were they more advanced than us?

I couldn't agree more.
I have always held the belief that should some type of Global natural disaster happen to the world. It would be the society's who are more self reliant who will have the best chance of survival.
It stands to reason that any cultures citizens will posses the skill set that that best suites there present circumstance.

But once again I will say.
You need to read the material regarding the Pyramids. I am not trying to be condescending. The location of the Pyramids gives evidence that the builder knew the exact dimensions of the earth... This is thousands of years before we were hanging people for claiming the earth was round.
You need to let that sink in for a bit, you need to consider the implications of this.
I don't want to spend all my time on here going over the same points.
Please read at least some of the links that have been provided.
Kind regards.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgthevoice
I believe that the Giza plateau was left for future mankind as a mystery and a message. I don't buy that Khufu built the great pyramid - that is an idea put forth by Egyptologists with an agenda, i.e. their careers. From what I've read (and of course it's all theories because no one who writes about it was there), the great pyramid is a bit of an aberration in the time it was supposed to have been built - where are all the hieroglyphs, the stories of Khufu??

Right over here:

www.touregypt.net...

Westcar Papyrus (Egyptian origin, written about years after Khufu)
www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

mortuary temple info, including material found in one of the Queen's Pyramids in front of the Great Pyramid:
www.egyptvoyager.com...

www.archaeowiki.org...

Various inscriptions:
en.wikipedia.org...

Solar boat with his name on it, which was buried under the paving stones of the floor around the Great Pyramid:
www.bluffton.edu...

...and so on and so forth.

So for discussion's sake, let's imagine that someone other than Khufu built the great pyramid (contemporary with the Sphinx), and that someone was obviously technologically and mathematically sophisticated.

Then they wouldn't have chosen a piece of limestone for the Sphynx sculpture that was of two different textures (one of which crumbles easily.) They'd use granite or at least a stone with no flaws in it. The pyramids would have had more complex interiors (like, say, the Pyramid hotel in Las Vegas) and would have been built of one of the many beautifully colored granites. The dimensions would have been very precise (instead of being off over 10 feet on various sides.

It makes sense that if they had a message for some far off future generation (perhaps us) it would be encoded in the design and dimensions of the structure. It would be something they believed we could figure out (if we were curious and astute enough).

Why?

How could they predict that, 5,000 years later people would be using a measurement called an "inch"? Why leave an irregular design that was expensive to build (and nearly bankrupted the country), had chambers the size of your living room with no good source of ventilation?

And if it predated Khufu, why didn't Imhotep build the first pyramid as a true pyramid instead as a step pyramid and why (with a good model in front of them) was the Bent Pyramid such a failure as a structure?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join