It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallasites turn in 147 guns in exchange for grocery cards

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I wonder when there's gonna be 'exchange your guns for clean water/electricity/heating'. Good way to disarm the poor.

LOL, I would not be surprised to see the water exchange soon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wish no one owned guns -
But I also think we have every right to.

However, There is something that is just inherently wrong
about a government exchanging food for guns.
My instincts are in an uproar and my BS meter is off the charts.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out to those that are confused that you don't register your guns in Texas. So they can't bust people for unregistered weapons, as long as its not reported stolen, your good.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If its been used in a crime or if its been stolen then its jail time. Most states your guns have to be registered. I happen to live in NC where they have to be. In fact as far as I know, a handgun in any state has to be registered.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i live in pa and only handguns need to be registered to the owner. also why would i trade in my $700 30/06 for a measly $50 food card? hell i kill 1 deer with it i'll easily get over $150 worth of meat- THAT sounds like a better deal to me

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think you folks are under the assumption that the information you hand over to the gun dealer when you buy a gun is a "registration." It's not. It's just info for a background check.

I know for a fact that in PA you don't have to register a hand gun.

PA gun laws

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

You are mistaken huntress, handguns do not have to be registered in Texas. The only registration or licensure needed is if you intend to carry the weapon concealed in public. I have bought several weapons at gunshows with no paperwork whatsoever, and I was with a friend that is a cop when I was buying them. He was making suggestions on what to buy next!
Gotta love Texas!!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I can promise you, us real texans Are keeping our guns. Dallas doesn't count......

-rev

top topics

<< 1   >>

join