It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Grant Eminent Domain As Collateral To China For U.S. Debts!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

quack quack quack

who cares.

we will never give up anything.

and id like to know if anyone would consider taking over a a cinder of a planet as WINNING after the war is over. dont think so? come try it.

and doesnt anyone remember rocky? the only way the russians had a chance was by cheating and taking of bunch of drugs, and they still lost.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

The Russian army is far more disciplined than ours. In the past 10 years our military has been eroded, before I got out recruits coming to my ship from boot camp came with something they called a "Stress Card" (I don't know if they still exist). As it was explained to me the stress cards could be pulled out if you felt you were being treated poorly or you were stressed bout something. This would get you a trip to the Chaplain. I collected the stress cards from the new guys and cut them up. You joined the military which is a high stress environment, meant to be ready for anything. I didn't have time for people to be whiners, they had a job to do. If they couldn't do it, they were assigned Temporary Duty some where else on the boat like the Mess Decks.

The Russians could easily over power us IF they could invade and set up a foot hold in this country. The days of the US being the dominate military super power are over.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

That's fascinating, really. But with all respect, the point I was trying to make was that bickering about who's armed forces were the best has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Hence my use of the "roll-eyes" smiley.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i think i remember the russians going broke before they even fired a shot at us during the cold war. they couldnt keep up with our level of spending. still cant and we are far broker than before.

the usa ROCKS. stop being a pussy and trying to destroy us from within with bs moral.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey, we get to look forward to better gas mileage

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

i think thats MPHb (Miles per Haybail)

omg hilarious

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
People your land was sold away long ago. What do you think the fiat dollars are backed by? They are backed by the property and taxes of the American people. So for those of you who say the fiat dollars are worthless I say to you is our hard work worthless? Is our property and everything we have worked for worthless? Listen Thomas Jefferson said the following...

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs

People...he didnt say this for no reason he knew exactly what a system like what we have today would do to us as a people. Hal Turner is correct but its not only China we have been sold out to....

[edit on 27-2-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Read the prophecies of Linda Newkirk, in particular the recent prophecies in Book twelve about Obama!

www.prophecies.org

THE CHINESE ARE DEFINITELY COMING!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I read this today and got a little emotional. I know the guy is undoubtably trying to put out a "viral note" on his blog. However, you never know - this could indeed occur in years to come. The point is taken - "how will Hillary and the USA offer a solution to our debts?" The guy's really a jerk for putting the blog out there if it is not true - it asserts "high treason" on the part of Hillary and the US leaders.

Now, what is our land "backed by" anyway? Pretty much war (or agression). This country was founded by ex-pats from Europe, etc. War was used to push aside the natives, Mexico/Spanish and so on. Now, we use this "threat" to keep nations from landing on our shores as well. If they land, we will shoot... That kind of thing. With an economy owing so much to other countries, what is to come of our current situation? How do we promise to keep other countries from "coming at us" to get what we owe? It's through force and borders, really. Our borders are currently pourus, our bankers are greedy and hurtful to economic issues, what's left? So, I guess that's what this guy's point was - "scare them with the last remaining thing we have - some semblance of land ownership".

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Slick willey and Hillery Clinton were nothing but a couple of Con Artist before they ever became mixed up in Politics. Perhaps this is another Con game she's playing providing if this Story is true.

as far as the Nukes goes, don't forget who's behind the helm at this moment.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stargate5150

Why is has the OP not been edited yet by the mods?

You have thrown your opinion in the " News Snippet"

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Folks on ATS confuse me.

Someone who posts a story about how they were abducted by aliens or has some alien artifact is ripped to shreds in a nano-second by skeptics.

Often appropriately so...the truth should be able to endure scrutiny.

And then someone posts an unsupported op originating with an idiot like Hal Turner and 40 stars and the usual suspects rambling on about Obama, Hillary etc.

Frankly Alien visitation is much more likely than this story!

As long as it appeals to someone's world view..

and offers an opportunity to rail on about their dislike of a given political party...

...then concerns for truth, credibility, and critical thinking all go out the window.

40 stars? ATS is supposed to be a place to sort through and eliminate the BS ...whether that BS originates in the media, government, a blog...or often the OP. But rather in OPs like this, BS is championed and critical thinking abandonded...as long as it feeds into your world view.

Sad.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What I want to know is will they alter the 'Stars and Stripes' to reflect Chinese ownership of the U.S.? Perhaps start by colouring a single star in yellow, then work their way through until they've got the lot!

How does this all fit in with that other American nightmare, that America is really owned by the City of London? The American psyche must feel like it's being caught between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

and doesnt anyone remember rocky? the only way the russians had a chance was by cheating and taking of bunch of drugs, and they still lost.

utter nonsense ,MOVIE Rocky was a movie full of BS .

by the american students cheat the most in college and school .

What I regard as cheating is considered OK by many American university students — one survey revealed that as many as 75% of the interviewed students had purchased essays, term papers or even their masters theses from other writers, usually through online "paper mills", instead of doing their own work. One student responded to the question Why do you cheat? by saying "If you're not cheating, you're not trying."
www.123infinity.com...

They say it doesn't matter if they cheat to get through required courses that they'll never use, (like Ethics, haha.) What is your take on this cheating epidemic? It is not only common in University, but also in lower schools, where 75% of seventh grade students had cheated, and 63% of sixth grade students, according to a Duke University study. Professors do it too! One east coast professor was allowed to continue teaching after being caught lying to his Vietnam History of the War classes about his (non)experience fighting in Vietnam, or the several historians and writers who have been caught presenting plagiarized material as their own work in books, or the journalist who made up his own "sources" to quote. I know one cheating professor who even used old, forgotten dissertations in his newly published book and presented the work as his own, because I worked for him!
www.123infinity.com...

see its americans who cheat the most ...

i think i remember the russians going broke before they even fired a shot at us during the cold war. they couldnt keep up with our level of spending. still cant and we are far broker than before.

USA like Soviet union is heading for colllapse , by the way Soviet union was spending far more resources on civil defence and underground cities , which were integral part of its nuclear war prepartions , compared to USA which has NO CIVIL DEFENCE AT ALL !!!

and id like to know if anyone would consider taking over a a cinder of a planet as WINNING after the war is over. dont think so? come try it.

nuclear war does not mean end of the world

[edit on 27-2-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Im not sure if you are aware, but after doing two unsuccessful stints at Ft.Benning, outside of columbus, GA, i can tell you there is no such thing as a stress card. It was a myth, a myth that i heard both time i was there.

As for my stints there, the first i was discharged for after failing the final PT, thanks to 1SGT Angel for that one, and the second time i realized that i didnt know if i could honestly stay in the military, doing something i was morally against.

As for the OP, the validity of this claim seems to be coming under some intense scrutiny.

Just for the record though, even the most bogus "journalist" can sometimes find a nugget of truth in a pile of heaping, steamy crap....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Bah - China does not need eminent domain. If you go and look in USA state - county courthouse records you will find most of our available cropland is being bought up by Chinese investment groups and groups of individual Chinese "citizens".

I found this out when a relative of mine tried to buy some cropland next to his acreage - it was owned by a list of Chinese "citizens" who were buying everything available.

Speaking of cropland - has anyone thought about how our US farmers are going to get loans to plant their crops this year? Or how come their are so many farming implement repo's sitting in storage everywhere? Just who is going to feed us in the coming years without planting?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why the suprise, what do you think happens when you owe people money, they ask for collateral and they get it. And if the US does deault or goes belly up you had better start learning mandarin, because the Chinese will own part of the US and rightly so. Just as when you default on your mortgage the banks seize your honme. The only difference here is the scale.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I find this pretty hard to believe.

Eminent Domain is the power of the government to seize land for the good of the public. For instance, if you want to build a dam and will be flooding some farmland, the government could seize the land, pay fair market value for it, and then use it for the public good ie the flooded land.

I don't think there is any truth to this article.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stargate5150

This is completly bogus, someone is trying to use scare tatics to try and turn people against the stimulis package. All you have to know is "STATES RIGHTS" to know this is not true, the federal goverment cannot unsurp a states right. This would be cause for all out civil war, cause if the feds gave away Maine, then who is to say that Texas is not next. I will call Shanannigans on this one..

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Yes but the loan agreements are based on the american dollar, our money and federal notes are the collateral, not our land. Yes if we didnt pay it back then China could put sanctions on us and in the end they may threaten war, but we would never give up our land. I want to know how such ignorant questions get brought up. I feel like I am sitting in a class of 5th, no cross that out they are much smarter, a class of 3rd graders.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by magicmushroom

Yes but the loan agreements are based on the american dollar, our money and federal notes are the collateral, not our land. Yes if we didnt pay it back then China could put sanctions on us and in the end they may threaten war, but we would never give up our land. I want to know how such ignorant questions get brought up. I feel like I am sitting in a class of 5th, no cross that out they are much smarter, a class of 3rd graders.

no problemo , china will simply nationalize all the american industrial assets in China and its allied nations ,this will be worth trillions and will assure that USA ceases to be a developed nation

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join