It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Grant Eminent Domain As Collateral To China For U.S. Debts!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This thread is nonsense. Let's use some common sense here. Even if the Federal government signed a piece of paper and gave it to the Chinese, there are the following issues to consider.
1) How binding is it if Congress doesn't ratify it? How likely is Congress to ratify something so controversial?
2) Is there anything in the Constitution that even allows the Federal government to transfer that right to another country? If not, then how likely is it that someone will challenge the document in the Supreme Court? Pretty likely I'd say. Not to mention it would enrage a lot of state legislatures even more so than they already are.
3) How would China enforce that right? They would have to get US courts to order title of property to be changed. Will clerks in local property title offices change ownership of property just because they get instructions from another country to do so? I don't think so.
4) The deal makes no sense on its face. If you agree that you will continue to buy our debt, we will hand over our entire country to you? That's like saying if you promise not to rob me later, I'll hand over all my wealth to you now. The whole notion is idiotic and in my humble opinion is designed to spread disinformation thru the internet in order to make people suspicious of real, legitimate issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The constitution. what a laugh, that does not evn exist anymore in the US. No the perps have sold you down the river and all the smart people with the smart money will be leaving like rats of a sinking ship to leave the peasants to their fate. Its happened many times before and the US is not immune from this process.

And what is a nation anyway, none have ever stayed the same and are in constant flux. Lookes like the commies are finally going to get the US.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sorry - this is too far out to be credible. There are too many holes in the story and the process to entertain plausibility.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Based on last year's figures, the current US Federal debt stands at around $11 trillion. This has increased by around $5,000 billion per year since 2003.

Over 25% of this debt is now owned by other countries. Well over half of that chunk is owned by China, Japan and the UK.

None of these countries are going to take your homes or businesses away from you.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Slap the guy (Hal Turner) until he admit that he is a fraud.
There is no way that this story and the Amero story by him are true.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just emailed Ron Paul through his office's web portal to see if he knows anything about this.

reply to post by vor78

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate5150

Shouldn't it be obvious now that the Government is pushing and pushing to get all of us to the breaking point. They want us to get violent and upset about what they are doing so they can use force against us, gain more power through Martial Law.

They keep pushing and pushing - hoping we will push back!

Thank God we are all waking up and using our minds instead of our guns.

Save the ammo for when they force the issue. Let the States take care of all this nonsense. They will lose in the end. China knows what they are doing to our people, that is why they have been so patient.

Don't worry about this and just keep waking up your fellow Americans

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What i find is really half heartening is the people on this site either discrediting this guy or laughing about it. instead, get off your asses, call your senators and congressmen and finally stand for something. christ what ever happened to manly men having a set and acting like a father or a true patriot. This could be a great site if more people had a set and talk to the head, persay, not the ass! sorry for spewing anger, but we are losing our liberties to foreign interests and most are sitting around and taking the osterage approach. for you wondering about my patriotism? i have called my congressman and senators. i heard this to be quit close to the truth, but no one wants to be the first to tell the truth!! imagine that.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Unfortunatly I do not have enough time to read every single thread in this topic. But after reading through the first few posts I just had to call BS on this topic and article.

There is no way, nor any reason for the government to do anything like this. The fact that some people on this board believe this just proves how gullible people have become.

Lets see some real facts people! Stop acting like the "sheeple" you constantly accuse others of being.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is treason to me. And this requires that you look at your constitution and all obligations therein, which include obligations to restore it! This is a constitutional issue, and its time for people themselves to decide whether wolves are capable of interpreting such things, or whether this should be a debate amongst in citizens in the town square!
NWO order anyone. My country decided to announce, a while back, that we needed 40 million not 32 or so people and the Chinese were brought in. Which is wonderful from a cultural point of view. I have never, until this year, until shortly realized just what could be at stake with the idea of martial law and all of that. Now I see a secret army waiting to go on active duty when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Let me repeat again for people who dont read threads who think this is to far fetched and untrue...

People your land was sold away long ago. What do you think our fiat dollars are backed by? They are backed by the property and taxes of the American people. So for those of you who say the fiat dollars are worthless I say to you is our hard work worthless? Is our property and everything we have worked for worthless? Listen Thomas Jefferson said the following...

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs

People...Thomas Jefferson didnt say this for no reason he knew exactly what a system like what we have today would do to us as a people. So Hal Turner although he is not really correct he is also not really incorrect for if our government has a debt that cant be repaid guess whos arse that comes from....you and me.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I CONTACTED THE STATE DEPARTMENT TODAY AND THEY'VE HEARD NOTHING OF THIS EMAIL OR ALLEGED AGREEMENT THAT IS FLOATING AROUND THE NET.

IT IS CRITICAL VERIFIABLE SOURCES (GOV DOCUMENTS OR OFFICIALS NAMES) AT LEAST BE PROVIDED REGARDING "CHINA GRANTED EMINENT DOMAIN OVER US" - BEFORE INSIGHTING PUBLIC OUTRAGE OVER A POSSIBLE SATIRE PIECE OR JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS

IN REVIEWING THE SECREATARY OF STATES COMMENTS POSTED AT THE U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE - AND HER TRIPS TO CHINA. I COULD FIND NO SUCH DISCUSSION OR FORMAL AGREEMENT THAT SUPPORTS WHAT IS POSTED AT BLOG SITES AS IF IT IS TRUTH. WE ALL PRAY IT IS NOT> TIL PROVEN THROUGH OTHER SOURCES I'D BE CAUTIOUS OF WHAT YOU POST & THE CONSEQUENCES IT MAY CAUSE.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
China wont need a piece of paper to take what they think is owed to them in the event the US should default on the loans. Has anyone noticed the enormous military they have been building.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just googled this and the first few googles, on the one for the freerepublic.com
it says the thread has been pulled.

On the link for Godlikeproductions it says that it no longer exists.

Why are these threads disappearing?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
To tell you the truth... China is in a worse shape than the U.S. right now.

tens of millions of people in China have lost their jobs in like a quarter.

So China might want their money back to feed their own people. U.S. doesn't wanna pay back, but isn't it an obligation?

Is the U.S. only reputable for borrowing money from a country and fighting that country because it can't pay them back? Is this logical?

From most of the Anti-Chinese posts in this thread, it seems as if Americans want to fight China because they can't pay them back?!?

Where the hell is the logic.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

You think that would stop them?

It would not be hard to find 100's of Treasonous acts commited on the Constitution. Unless the people stand up and do something about it,
its just a piece of paper.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I just googled this and the first few googles, on the one for the freerepublic.com
it says the thread has been pulled.

On the link for Godlikeproductions it says that it no longer exists.

Why are these threads disappearing?

Why do other things disappear? Because someone wants them too.

I guess they must be true then.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wow, it's sure easy to get the adrenal glands going here. :-)

What if I had posted something saying that I received an email saying that an unnamed source at high in NASA had confirmed to the sender that a dark near earth orbiting asteroid was going to collide with the earth and kill half the population this summer (but they weren't telling the public so as not to cause panic)?

(I wouln't do that; this is a thought experiment)

Would lots of folks being getting in at least a mild tizzy, hoping it's not really true but breaking a sweat "in case" it really is? I mean, that's everybody's privilege, but it seems like undue stress on the nervous system. Let's assume that 99% of the unbelievable stuff isn't worth getting emotional about UNTIL it gets more credible with better documentation. Yeah, it would be HUGE HUGE HUGE news if it were true - the China emminent domain or the asteroid - but it's really not very likely, folks.

How many times will you jump for the gun when crackpots cry wolf in a territory not known for wolves? Even if it were true, nothing's going to change if you wait a few days for more verification before feeling anxiety and anger; there's no rush to raise your blood pressure quickly or else. Fight Flee or Freeze reactions are sometimes survival adaptive for immediate threats, but not for urban legends. There's too many of them.

Best of luck!

reasoner

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just by the way - Eminent Domain is not (so far, to the best of my knowledge) used as collateral. That would be new legal territory and would at the minimum require all three branches of the Government, not just a secret presidential order. Something of that magnitude would be in the courts for years (through some election cycles).

There are a lot of very powerful people at the top of the food chain who would be hurt by such a thing; it would be impossible to enforce or to keep secret.

If the US government was worried about paying back its loans, it would allow the Fed to create more money, and deal the the negative consequences of that (which are serious but nowhere near as bad as the predictable results of trying to confiscate massive property to turn it over to another country).

reasoner

[edit on 27-2-2009 by reasoner]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
first,if it were true,you would not be told,and you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

second,you probably would not be particularly thrilled with being forced to be more "efficient",if it were true.

third...the adjustment would be neglegible anyway,because the united states has been converted to collectivism anyway,y'all just didn't notice yet.

Democracy never works,STUDY HISTORY!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join