It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

millions of americans vanished in the last depression

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
finally proof of the american murder of its own citizens

USA is disgusting and genocidal

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Great find.

For those that wonder why we "Crazy" people stock up on food guns and amo.

Yeah my grand parents on both sides of my family lived thru the
Great Depression.

They knew how to hunt, fish, farm, and pinch a penny til it screamed.

I didn't get to hear all the stories because some were so bad they
didn't want to traumatize me.

The parts I did hear made me wonder how could there be worse
they are not telling me ?

So I totally agree, for those who have talked to the older generation
that went thru that there are some stories that are surreal.

Some stories from the great depression

They talk about not having a nickel to buy an ice cream cone,
and they fact that due to the drought they ate weeds.

Be prepared.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

thank you for mentioning the link
here it iswww.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
finally proof of the american murder of its own citizens

USA is disgusting and genocidal

Really? And where do you hail from?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Is this person Boris Borisov?

I posted some of this information the other day on my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And was ridiculed for it for the fact the source was reported by Sacha Faal and from the website: www.whatdoesitmean.com

I tried to prove a point that if I hadn't mentioned the source people would have listened to what I had to say,

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks09

yes exactly

and besides who are the russians to lecture us on starvation and famine.

and who are americans to do so for that matter? there are starving children and elderly people in america, you know. even before all this (to some) new-found awareness hit the fan.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Suicide rates tend to stay pretty steady. The reports of suicide when the depression hit are just myths, no one jumped off of buildings.

I think divorce could go either way. On one hand, people are stressed. but o the other, divorces are expensive.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I wonder how many too so I know how many darwin awards to buy.....

People that kill themselves because time is tough....well we don't need those people!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

are you sure about this? we know for a fact that suicides in the military skyrocketed the last 7 years, don't we? also, imagine how any unreported suicides there most likely were during the Great Depression.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here in Montreal we have at least one suicide a day in our underground subway system. The media doesn't report about it. No one reports about it.
Does that make it a conspiracy ? No.
They don't report it because they don't want to amplify the situation. Just like the media is amplify this crisis to make it even worst than it is.

Do you really want to know every suicide that's happening around you? Why do you even care?

Also with the communication means in the 30', I doubt any newspaper had the ressources or the will to report on suicides. Back then, the media were focused on real issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Russia today is still better than the Rupert Murdoch propagnada outlets and american corporate media , which acts as a cheerleader for the american thug government/Rothschild-Rockfeller NWO .

The only people i take seriously is Ron Paul and Russia today , as it gives coverage to Ron Paul , Russia today is much credible than american propagganda media , which always smears/tries to rubbish the great congressman Ron Paul

people who support Ron Paul should start a secession movement from the USA

[edit on 27-2-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Caucasians disappear all the time. they just leap into the 4th dimension

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

china has been stock piling raw materials for a few years now . a high percentage of pcb's are recycled there (in appallling conditions)to extract rare metals , and the scrap price of copper went to the dogs as they bought up all they could

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nimrod

We are really lucky though, that our Main stream Medias are not puppets or parrots from our governments, like it is the case in totalitarian countries isn't ?

Oh yes indeed, count our stars that we have news agencies like FOX news right? Cuz they aren't ridiculously bias at all.....

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Averysmallfoxx]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Suicide rates tend to stay pretty steady. The reports of suicide when the depression hit are just myths, no one jumped off of buildings.

I think divorce could go either way. On one hand, people are stressed. but o the other, divorces are expensive.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by nixie_nox]

All that is good and well but you know the starved took the most losses, I would imagine the majority even of reported deaths were from starvation,sickness, and violent crime due to the disparity of the populace. I'm not an expert on the subject by any means however. Just my own thoughts on the most probable outcomes for the masses of once-middle class and lower class whom lost all but the shirts off their backs in those terrible years.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am a solutionist and I wish to share with you the best diet
i've experienced in my life

It simly consisted of grapefruit and oranges and banana, avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, jallapino, cillantro, lime, egg, olive oil, black beans and tortillas.
sorry but I have to say this, my turds were huge and perfect!
a GP would've givin me 5 stars for shiny health, this is important.

My Mexican and Californian escapades taught me alot on survival...I've always travelled light, never needed a purse(love my natural beauty).
It seems that urban Canadian living is impossible to survive in, if you play by the rules that is, the good guy is always the one that gets ripped off. If you pass off as having nothing, and show misery and make yourself invisible, mayby you can circulate freely. No one wants what you have, exept your life mayby, as part of an initiation into a gang!

For the first time in my life, I am apreciated for always being honest in my dealings, I have peace and kind friendships. Real good karma, but with responsability...so there is light and there are good people in this World.

I am preparing a simple urban high energy diet for winter days that I will share.

I truly believe there is a coverup of this story, its the American way to hypnotise its inhabitants. The memory of these things that happen to us as a race are registered in our souls anyway.

We all carry a major load in our soul, memory of every one you come from, in your genes, in every cell. The soul wants to experience what it knows, seeking to recreate history, which has not been rosy for some.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is just like an anecdote so take it for what it is worth. Also I don't think the government has the responsibility to take care of people no matter how bad things get, and I think the New Deal was a huge crock. I'd have been down with the industrialists who wanted to use the military to depose FDR.

But anyway my family is kind of a Big Deal. Nobody ask me for a loan, I'm just a longhaired libertarian and not on good terms with any of them. But my great grandfather was a selectman or whatever in Kennebunkport. Well it gets cold in Maine in the winter (duh) and there were lots of hobos and drifters even up that way. They definitely weren't encouraged to hang around but sometimes there wasn't much you could do. In the Depression even a lot of the really nice old homes were vacant and people would break in, or else they'd set up shanties on the outskirts of town. Sometimes the constable had to get rough with these people and sometimes they'd just die of starvation or exposure or whatever naturally. All really sad but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Anyway my great grandfather was chairman of what was called the "beautification committee". What they basically did was they'd take some local cops out with shovels when some drifter died or something, and they'd bury them in the middle of nowhere. Word had come down from Washington through unofficial channels (somebody's cousin told somebody's cousin who told somebody's buddy or whatever) that starvation and exposure deaths were not to be reported if they could be avoided, and nobody wants a bunch of dead drifters laying around and nobody wants to pay to bury them anywhere so....what are you gonna do?

So I can say there were def. lots of unreported deaths in at least some parts of the country. I'm sure the "coverup" was probably nationwide. Besides I heard stories about all kinds of people needing to "disappear" for all kinds of reasons and not being heard from again. It was easier back then.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by manganesejolt
Also I don't think the government has the responsibility to take care of people no matter how bad things get

Oh how I disagree with you on this one!
The government is responsable for getting us into this mess in the first place...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

The government is responsable for getting us into this mess in the first place...

Yes, I agree that the government did get us into this mess in the first place. However, I don't think the government or the PTB REALLY want us OUT of this mess. I think they want people to be totally dependent upon government, to justify their existence, and keep citizens under their control.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Yes, I agree that the government did get us into this mess in the first place. However, I don't think the government or the PTB REALLY want us OUT of this mess. I think they want people to be totally dependent upon government, to justify their existence, and keep citizens under their control.

ATS covers all aspects of the problem, here I find confirmation and validation of what I have witnessed and experienced. We have threads talking about Monsanto and banning the best vitamins on the market, I am afraid we will not even be able to keep what we grow - it will be ripped from us. I am ashamed to say that I feel like I'm living under a knife - since 2001

[edit on 27-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join