It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

millions of americans vanished in the last depression

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Great find.

For those that wonder why we "Crazy" people stock up on food guns and amo.

Out of the many things I will call someone crazy for - I think that this is one of the smart ideas that in all reality - should not be taken lightly.

Saying the end of the world will be tomorrow every day though might get you my sticker
But having any sort of surplus is never a bad idea.

Even with the current unemployment rate, I wonder how many more Americans are stuck in dead end jobs working at fast food restaurants and can barely live as it is?

The higher up on the ladder you are, the harder the fall.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

This video is fake. How do I know that this Russian guy is telling me the truth? This is all scripted. I don't speak Russian and I don't care to. The transitions to the fake news anchor is also troubling. She looks more like she belongs to the chicken people. Ones that support claims that the holocaust never happened. The video has Iranian flair. The green color is a clear indication of Islamic relations. So if this is going on in America today it could only lead to a good thing. Less people = more jobs. There is no other means when you lack nuclear technology in the early 1930's. So my prophecy will hold true. Millions of more American will die and there will be tons of jobs. The economy will skyrocket and soar like an eagle.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You idiots. A Russian "US Historian" why don't you donkey's talk about the potential problems with that scenario before you jump to doom & gloom conclusions.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What is interesting in our current state of affairs is that we are seeing numerous tent cities spring up in the US with total media blackout, and there are people starting to starve and go hungry, relying on food banks.

I did catch a MSM news clip where a lady could only get bread to eat from the food bank, no other food was available, so she had to go about surviving on a loaf of bread.

I can't imagine how far reaching this is going to get, definitely not a sign of good times.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Speaking of govt death coverups, here's a website that talks about the thousands of americans killed by hurricane Andrew in 1992. Govt figure was a couple dozen or so.

www.karenlyster.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

This video is fake. How do I know that this Russian guy is telling me the truth? This is all scripted. I don't speak Russian and I don't care to.

Actually, the original video and transcript is posted on Russia Today online:

www.russiatoday.com...
The following EXPLAINS why he wrote the article, and subsequent interview.

en.wikipedia.org...

Russian state press organ Russia Today website published in 2008 an article of Russian historian Boris Borisov about the condemnation of the Holodomor by the U.S. House of Representatives. In the text, Bosisov argues that the United States has no morals to criticize Russia or support Ukrainian claims, since the Holodomor, according to him, was just as destructive as the Great Depression in the US in the same post-1929 era, and comparing the policies of presidents Herbert Hoover and Franklin D. Roosevelt with the policies of Stalin and the New Deal Public Works Administration with the Communist Gulag.[33]

It was a case of his saying that "the pot (US) shouldn't call the kettle black", or more appropriately, "Your mother wears combat boots also".

Again, although the article, translation and video are legitimate, the conclusions he draws are far from proven.
BTW, HulaAnglers, you should provide links to your sources or videos.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

You have an excellent point. I work for a newspaper and we just took heat for reprinting a sheriff's suicide over "internal politics." He left a suicide note stating why he shot himself and even recoded his own time of death and location like a police report. It showed very clearly how depersonalized he had become.

Trust me, newspeople report what they want, when they want, and if it is fake, so what. The last paper I worked for faked so many quotes and stories that all of the local public agencies faked information in return, even giving them bogus press releases (which were printed verbatim since the paper didn't practice fact verification). Believe me, the only way they would report on botched abortions and other grim details is if it suits the religious twist of an editor or if an employee is serving on the board of charity concerned with that particular cause.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

That would be called Marketing!

2nd line

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I am with you on that. Notice the "We" in that line.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

You have an excellent point. I work for a newspaper and we just took heat for reprinting a sheriff's suicide over "internal politics." He left a suicide note stating why he shot himself and even recoded his own time of death and location like a police report. It showed very clearly how depersonalized he had become.

Trust me, newspeople report what they want, when they want, and if it is fake, so what. The last paper I worked for faked so many quotes and stories that all of the local public agencies faked information in return, even giving them bogus press releases (which were printed verbatim since the paper didn't practice fact verification). Believe me, the only way they would report on botched abortions and other grim details is if it suits the religious twist of an editor or if an employee is serving on the board of charity concerned with that particular cause.

I think it's like this. A child that has starved to death will have his cause of death reported as malnutrition, intestinal infection or parasites, or any number of conditions stemming from starvation. The woman who dies from the abortion will be listed as uterine hemorage, or as an infection with no metion of what she did. It isn't PC to report things like this honestly because oh no, they don't happen in America.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It’s kind of ironic. We have sat here in America idly by watching a good portion of the third world starve for decades now. Sure every now and then some collection of mega rock stars throws some concert and puts out some album but basically we do nothing while we know millions upon millions of people in other parts of the world are literally starving to death right now.

Now that it is beginning to happen here suddenly we are all running around like chickens with our heads cut off worried to death.

Just think had we really learned the lessons of the last depression starvation would be a thing of the past everywhere. We would have truly done something about it.

It’s a crying shame it’s going to take a little more than being poked at for fun by the Russian propaganda machine. Hey, take heart, our standard of living might be dropping rapidly but our propaganda machine is still the envy of the world!

We clearly aren’t learning our lessons. Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.

The question is when are we going to learn that there is no reason ever anyone should have to starve on a planet with so many idle hands and so many resources and innovations.

This recession, depression, economic contraction, or whatever whoever wants to call it, could just be the best thing that ever happened to this world and any of us.

That is if we finally learn the lesson that we all should have learned a long, long time ago.

I think it’s called love your brother…as in all of them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

Agreed. Where I live there is much talk of violent crime occurring in the locale. Some of the big stories (ie murder) get reported but most of the other stuff hardly gets a mentioned.

In fact, a murder occured last week and reported on nationally, however it was tacked onto another murder story as a "also this happened as well".

Why am I being so paranoid of a cover up?

Because I live slap bang where the 2012 Olympics are being prepared for, violence and murder doesn't look too good after Peking's abuses.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
They are nothing but a propapanda outlet of the Russian Government. If you believe anything that comes out of that source, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Hey Prof...I'll toss in a tranche of 90-delta subordinated CDO's.

I have an idea..lets start a thread where each post has be gloomier, scarier, more sensational and negative than the preceding post...or it gets deleted.

Probably set an ATS page record.

If Sorcha Fall should marry Boris Borisov, they're children would all resemble Pinnochio.

GL

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

I have lived through starvation and violent displacement, rape...It has left me with brittle bones - last year my right arm kept braking in different places, my teeth are falling out! So from personal experience(there is alot I cant even mention it is to painfull for me) I know how genocide works, I was spared death probably to save a few, I am just trying to warn people, starving in the ukrane or in the states or canada, its all the same! Human life is not worth much...especially to our governments who use us as props!

[edit on 27-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

No food from China. And if they stop selling us electric cords and plugs, we're through.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well there are claims that today approximately 500,000 people disappearing in the US each year. These are not the correlated missing but those for whom there is no known predictable cause. If this number represents people taken for some purpose then the number would likely go up in the confusion and migrations associated with a depression. One of the known reason for war slaughters is human sacrifice. It seems likely that depressions would be used for similar purposes along with consolidating power, etc.. Certainly, some people simply leave the country or end up unaccounted for in another state and some die of disease, starvation, etc.. Another reason might be that perhaps a good census wasn't done after the first world war and the flue epidemics? But, still, I don't have a problem believing a large number of people went missing under the kinds of circumstances a depression would create.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
lol Give me one reason i should believe the Russian?

Look's to me he is trying to stir up something.

Why because 99% of people in the world don't dig up almost 100 year old subject's on a whim.

A star for you my friend.
You are absolutely right not to believe in anything exept was is screaming in the depth of your gut!

[edit on 27-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Great find.

For those that wonder why we "Crazy" people stock up on food guns and amo.

I love you
secon line

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sorry, but this is nonsense. Anyone who has even the most basic knowledge of the great depression knows that these claims are false. Feel free to research these claims yourself using Google.

...and as for quoting "evidence" from the ex-KGB propaganda source known as "Pravda", please spare me!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This makes me wonder.
If 6 million jews were killed in the holocaust,then what do we call it when 7 million Americans died went missing or starved to death?
How does this rank??
This makes me wonder.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join