It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

millions of americans vanished in the last depression

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This historian's research led him to figure out that 7 million Americans, disapeared, probably died of starvation in the 30's, the Government did not help and lied about it. Reality check!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wonder just how many suicides and divorces are occurring in America, with the recession and job losses, I mean, there's an public figure of the numbers and a 'secret' figure of the numbers.

It's just unbelievable that the media is not reporting increased suicides or high cases of divorces, men who have lost trophy wives to the economy... etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy in itself, S&F.

I do not think it goes on just during the Great Depression, but two causes of death you will never see reported honestly in America, and purely for political purposes, are starvation and botched self-induced abortions.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

S and F - great find.

Question is..... how many are going to die and are dying already from starvation in our country?

All the homeless and foreclosed on people.....................

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
"VIDEO IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE"

I smell conspiracy!!!!

EDIT : NM...Its playing. I went to the youtube link and it said it was removed. Sorry.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Great find.

For those that wonder why we "Crazy" people stock up on food guns and amo.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If you haven't yet, I recommend reading The Grapes of Wrath. It's hard to ignore the correlations between that period of time and now. It gives me that terrible, history repeating itself feeling.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Even if it's true, the statement that the gov't didn't help is BS......
1-It is not their job....it's the responsiblity of charity.
2-And if your gov't is totally bankrupt like it is today?
Maybe we borrow from China to help our starving.

Of note, I heard (haven't looked it up) in the bill passed today by the current administration, they will be taking away or reducing the tax right off for charatible giving.........hmmmmm

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

Excuse me??????

Did you even read my post?

I don't even know what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Please, consider the source- Russia Today, which is the reincarnation of Radio Moscow/ Pradva:
en.wikipedia.org...

Russia Today has received criticism for its close ties with the Russian state authorities [10][11][12] [13][14] and a few years after the channel started broadcasting, for being a "cheerleader" of the Kremlin,[12] applying positive spin to reports about governmental institutions and refraining from criticizing Prime Minister and former Russian president Vladimir Putin or the government.[2] A CBS News story quoted Moscow-based sociologist and political commentator Boris Kagarlitsky as saying that Russia Today was "very much a continuation of the old Soviet propaganda services".[2] Western commercial media, including The New York Times, routinely called it "state-run".[15]

They are nothing but a propapanda outlet of the Russian Government. If you believe anything that comes out of that source, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

Somehow I doubt we will receive food handouts from China. That is almost like saying if the US was North Korea, China Would be like Kim Jong Il to us, and we know how he treats his own people.

What would be in it for China? Eventually we will run dry on resources....what then?

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Unmask The Deception]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

yes exactly

and besides who are the russians to lecture us on starvation and famine.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Considering the source; I'd have to see all of the documentation this is based on. Without that the tape is meaningless and likely a lie.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

We are really lucky though, that our Main stream Medias are not puppets or parrots from our governments, like it is the case in totalitarian countries isn't ?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You have to remember, though, that it wasn't just the depression that devastated America. The depression coincided with the Dust Bowl, which also took an inconceivable toll on both the economy and the population.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lol Give me one reason i should believe the Russian?

Look's to me he is trying to stir up something.

Why because 99% of people in the world don't dig up almost 100 year old subject's on a whim.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I wonder just how many suicides and divorces are occurring in America, with the recession and job losses, I mean, there's an public figure of the numbers and a 'secret' figure of the numbers.

It's just unbelievable that the media is not reporting increased suicides or high cases of divorces, men who have lost trophy wives to the economy... etc.

Actually that has been reported.

We have seen many reports on the trophy wife leaving phenomena... even threads here on ATS... which I haven't bothered to look up for you, but recall very vividly.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Russians scientists, economics, talking heads etc have always been finding and spreading fall of America and our economy type studies for decades now, but it's doesn't mean this guys is necessarily wrong based solely on the fact that he is a Russian and recently they have been giving foreboding warnings about our current state of affairs .

I am not sure how accurate his numbers are but I am sure that people especially children died from starvation and "other causes" during the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl, many certainly were undocumented and unacknowledged by government, but would probably be due to the people and local govt not reporting all deaths and causes of death which counted towards or against the official statistic.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
also there was a huge shift in population during the dust bowl, a far more important effect on the population than the depression.

millions of people moved around the country to start whole new lives in new places, they didnt dissapear.

Sure times were very tough in the depression but mass starvation on those scales just didnt happen.
I have relatives that lived through it as do most other americans on this site, and thats one thing youll never hear them tell stories about because it didnt happen.

And to say that the government didnt do anything is ludicrous, read a history book and look a thing called the "New deal"

I suggest as another poster did read the "grapes of wrath" or "tortilla flats" for a little window into '30's america.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

We are really lucky though, that our Main stream Medias are not puppets or parrots from our governments, like it is the case in totalitarian countries isn't ?

I never said that they were any better. However, Russia Today does have a way of rewriting history, just as Pravda did.
Two wrongs don't make a right. The further from an event in time, the easier it is to rewrite history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join