It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What's funny is, you have all of the things you would have if a govenment did this.

Sheeple running to the sides of their masters,licking their boots, kissing their butts,and graveling at their feets in hopes of some favor.

And then you have patriots who stand up and get heard.Who will not go along to get along.People who swim upstream because it's in our blood to fight opression in all of its forms.

And just like in a real country,If we all stood up and said "NO, we will not abide by these silly rules" The Owners would cower down and crawl back in their holes from wince they came.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
While we're clearing the air, can we please get a list of "mind altering substances" that we are allowed to talk about?

Are you honestly that dense, or simply being purposefully obtuse?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by outatime

Private sight. Feel free to yell and scream all you wish. This ain't the gov't., you can't abide by the clearly stated rules, then perhaps we aren't for you.

That is, of course, up to you.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And just like in a real country,If we all stood up and said "NO, we will not abide by these silly rules" The Owners would cower down and crawl back in their holes from wince they came.

You agreed to the terms when you signed on.

They didn't force you to join.

What is so hard about accepting the fact that the owners make up the rules?

This issue is very minor IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No sheeple here - just concerned community members fed up with people ruining debate by consistently breaking the T&C and derailing interesting topics.

If there was anarchy here, nothing would ever get discussed.

If we were sheeple (the ever present insult by those who cannot adequately express themselves in any other way) we would not be members.

If you want anarchy, create your own forum.

And don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by outatime
I wonder if we are allowed to discuss The '___' that was released by my pineal gland last night while I was asleep.
It is an illegal mind altering substance/drug

You can discuss your blood, but you can't discuss selling your blood on the street. Does that help?

If it's legal you can discuss it. It's not illegal to dream but please don't discuss the illegal process of using the addition of external '___' to your body as a mind altering drug. The process you're speaking of is anything but natural.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
About time.

RATS has been ruined and reduced to a dissolute hell-hole.

Good work guys

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

In short if a topic has anything to do with illegal drugs, or the misuse of any substance to achieve a mind altering state, it is not welcome on ATS.

So if I tell a story that includes something related to being drunk, I'll get a warning??

sty

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The experiment failed.
I can't believe I was a participant in an experiment and had no idea, woah.
It's a good idea. Anyone who wants to talk about that stuff can use other sites. It also makes us conspiracy nutjobs less open to the 'crazy' argument.
I just hope we can continue to post threads about naturally occuring brain chemicals etc and not have them closed down due to people mentioning the inevitables.
I'm proud to have a foot in a 'straight edge' part of society... even if it is just the tip of my toe...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Funny, I don't recall yelling or screaming. Seems like you might be being a little melodramatic. I never recall saying that this is a government either. I was simply drawing a parallel. It is funny how when people gather together, they will always be controlled in some fashion.
I understand the need to step in once in a while to calm a discussion down or redirect it in a more positive way. Perhaps ask someone if they could tone it down a bit or try to exercise some restraint, but, to totally ban discussion of an entire topic???Good luck with that.

Now begins the game of using code words. Where there is a will there is a way. ALWAYS. Limiting free speech is an uphill battle you will run yourself ragged trying to fight.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, all that I can say, not being a avid participator in such discussions;

A: It's your boat, you steer it wherever you like
B: I respect and will abide by those restrictions you feel are necessary
C: I completely and utterly disagree with the restriction
D: Moving on...,

Be Well.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Is it illegal for you to purchase alcohol?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It is too bad that ppl cant seem to discuss things in a better way, since this topic is probably one of the biggest conspiracies there is going back to the world wars of the twentieth century and needs peoples attention. Also, I am on a conspiracy sight because all the women in our family, going back to my great grandmother would be writing on here if they had a chance, its our natures to be supscious of what goes on, and connect dots. That tends to overflow onto viewing threads and their posts as well, and when something like an experiement is being conducted and too many bad posts show up, my spider senses start tingling and that becomes another conspiracy. Too bad this could not have been different. Too bad I missed where this experiment was taking place, because I didn't get to contribute to it.

link   

You appear to be new here so I'll try to help you mature a little and gain some manners, by pointing out that it's not very endearing to claim my partners and I, "crawled out from under rocks".

I assure you there will be no "cowering" either.

Springer...

link   

Originally posted by Retseh
So if I tell a story that includes something related to being drunk, I'll get a warning??

Why would you?

Since we've never had any problems with members discussing alcohol abuse, I can't imagine it'd be a problem now.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Amigos and Mods -

I would like to extend a massive THANK YOU!

Once again, I'm proud as punch to be a member of this fine forum.

Thanks again.

sty

link   

link   
So is alcohol off the table?

Sure it's not illegal, but many if not more people have died from using it.

Whatever the case, many people will be angry cause of this one.

sty

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join