It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Clearly, you have not complete read nor understood the rationale behind this long-considered decision.

Of course not. It is apparent that many of those posting here either did not read the rationale or read the entire thread. And it is obvious some are being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. Just as it's been apparent over the last few days that many members don't read the OP or any attached articles before spouting off.

Originally posted by JbT
Fairwell

The good news is that it looks like we'll be getting rid of a lot of the mental pygmies. Thumbs up, owners!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Does this have to do with sponsors? ADs? Google?

Did we say that? No.

Did we say it didn't? Yes.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

From the opening post:

"Effective immediately we are implementing a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY on the discussion of illicit/illegal drugs, or the improper use of anything to achieve a mind altering state. "

So from the quote above you can see ATS will not allow talk about:

1) illegal drugs

2) the improper use of other mind altering substances

If you read the op in the spirit intended you will be able to quickly understand the policy and what will not be allowed. I'm sure people could twist meaning and intent of the policy but really the spirit should be clear if you read the opening post with honestly (not saying you didn't).

[edit on 2/25/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's your site, so it's your call. I refuse to partake in any of the usual mass buttkissing of mods & admins that always takes place in threads announcing the latest exception to the call to "deny ignorance" like so many members do. Frankly, I think it is a narrow minded and flatout stupid rule change. Like I said, though, your site, your call. If you can't make a stupid decision on your own website, then where can you make them? I'll abide by the rule. (Never started any of those threads myself, anyway... just replied to a number of them.)

link   

Everything to do with our promise of a civil and mature environment to discuss provocative topics.

And as we can see from some of the histrionics in this thread, the correct decision has been made.

Again - it's a shame the few have spoiled it for the many who are genuinely interested in the conspiracy angles which surround controlled substances.

link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well most of the points raised against drug related threads can be said for almost any topic on the board.

People getting nasty and making snide remarks etc., is not exclusive to threads about Cannabis.

Posts that break T&C can just be deleted like in any post, no?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
And as we can see from some of the histrionics in this thread, the correct decision has been made.

No doubt. If they cannot carry on a mature and intelligent discussion here, then they most certainly will not be able to in threads about these topics.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have to agree with Springer and SO....it is their site, and they make the rules. If you don't like it or can't abide, you don't have to be here!

While I was first drawn to ATS because of the UFO forum, I have found all sorts of interesting topics and conspiracies being discussed here (including now banned subject matter), and it seems a shame that one of the biggest conspiracies of all time is now permanently banned from discussion here, simply because some fools couldn't play by the rules.

Oh well, life isn't fair and neither are conspiracies! (or ATS :lol

At any rate, say what you will, but this is an excellent site with a lot of great minds. It's too bad a few bad apples had to ruin things for everybody!

link   

Everything to do with our promise of a civil and mature environment to discuss provocative topics.

Out of curiousity, I wonder if it would be possible to propose a happy-medium?

link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by Retseh

Is it illegal for you to purchase alcohol?

See, here's a prime example of ATS's left hand having no idea what the right hand is doing.

He can discuss being drunk if it's legal for him to purchase alcohol, according to this moderator.

The very substance that spawned this issue IS legal for me to purchase, use, grow, possess, process, and sell.

90% of the issue that this has grown into is a result of inconsistent application, enforcement and interpretation of the T & C.

link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by budski

No doubt. If they cannot carry on a mature and intelligent discussion here, then they most certainly will not be able to in threads about these topics.

Not to bust your chops but coming from someone who stated:

The good news is that it looks like we'll be getting rid of a lot of the mental pygmies. Thumbs up, owners!

maturity is a matter of perspective, no?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's sad that it has come down to this - but I understand the reasoning.

A question that I think I know the answer to, but just need to ask to cover my bottom: Is the DATS thread still going to be allowed on BTS?

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
Its sick. ATS has sold out.

Clearly, you have not complete read nor understood the rationale behind this long-considered decision.

I have...

Your playground, your rules. I have contributed to this mess, so no complaints from me...

But, to be fair to those of us that wish to discuss 'things' of this nature, yet remain a member of ATS, could you tell me/us which schedule you would prefer the members to not post about..?

Here's a link to a complete list of Controlled Substances if that helps.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
maturity is a matter of perspective, no?

Jeez...some people just don't have a sense of humor, do they?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So should topics that discuss Obama be next? They fall into the same pit with the remarks. What about terrorism and religion? They all do the same. What is the difference that makes drug topics so dangerous?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The difference being, in most other threads, people aren't going on about how much fun it was to get "so totally blasted, man" on whatever their drug of choice is.

These people are, or rather were, in the minority. That much is true. But it doesn't take many to ruin it for everyone else.

link   
Okie Dokie Boss. No problem here. Remember when I first paid for RATS and was a bit let down that much of the content seemed to be about pot and such? It was not until people kindly showed me where the really good threads were that I started to enjoy my points worth.

I am no fuddy duddy, but come on there are a million sites on the net where people can discuss such things.

Again it just goes to show a few bad apples...

link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Sorry.... you caught me on that one... I meant it to come out silly

But - off-topic so I'll stop

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join