It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Photographed in Alaska!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The sender received the picture from his grandfather. His grandfather died the day after giving him the photo, and relating his story.

The picture was taken in the early 1930s by the sender's grandfather, who lived in Alaska. The entitiy was first seen when the grandfather was on his way to a lake. He chased the entity until he got close enough to take this one picture.

Link

I do realize it took place in 1930
but still it is very insteresting
and worthy of some debate!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I hate to say it SuperSlovak but the picture looks like an absolute fake to me. As you can see the alien in the photo has a much better shadow than the trees which are much bigger than the alien.

But for some reason the alien has a better shadow than the trees.? The shadows from the trees should be more pronounced than the alien shadow, and the trees shadows should run in the exact same direction as the alien's shadow; but they don't and you can't even see their shadows. So, I'm pretty sure the whole thing is bogus.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
To me it looks like something stuck diagonally in the ground--maybe a road cross or a small sign.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It looks like a little kid wearing a ghost head piece to a Holloween costume.

Ya the shadows dont quite line up, but that could be just due to the wavy ground.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Does anybody here believe this stuff but me?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The story reads like a urban legend.

As for the picture itself... I dunno.
Just looking at it, it kind of looks like a bear on it's hind legs.

But... that's not a 1930's quality photo.
Photos from the 1930's were pretty clear, they especially did not get pixelated, which this one is.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
The story reads like a urban legend.

As for the picture itself... I dunno.
Just looking at it, it kind of looks like a bear on it's hind legs.

pretty small bear if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

It'd be about four or five feet tall, that's plenty.
Also, like I said, the quality wouldn't be what you'd get from that time period. Edited that in as you replied.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It does kinda look like a grey, but who knows maybe bears can shapeshift into aliens.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The photo does look pretty cool although it looks like the cloud part of the tree has been cut and pasted in , looks like a zigzag pattern of some sort .. anyone else notice that ?

Apart from that it looks good , nice pic to add to the collection.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl

Nasacar you are right someone has definitely tampered with the photo and you can see a zigzag line in the upper left hand corner of the top photo. The zigzag is about one half inch down from the top and is about one and a half inches from the left side of the photo. The zigzag is about a quarter inch in width and runs like a lightening bolt towards the bottom righthand corner of the photo, but it only exists in the sky area.

Good eyes Nascar.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl

Agreed. I see exactly what you are talking about. It looks like a photoshop clone stamp using a square shaped brush.

That's just my very limited photoshop knowledge speaking though, so I could be off base.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
that does look sort of fake because if you look carefully at the shadow of the alien and the shadow of the trees they're at different angles u know.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I call fake. The "alien" itself looks to be from a completely different picture, the quality of it compared to the rest of the photo is completely off.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I read about this on Billy Booth's site.

I don't understand the part about the smaller figure....as if this was a mother alien protecting a child alien.

I just cant really see it in the photo at all.

The part with the grandpa dying the day after he passed on the photo does sound like some sort of oldskool ghost story.

Spooky.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It looks like the Alien is Transparent which is kinda strange.

More like a Ghost Alien lol

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The lighting curve on the alleged alien's head is all wrong. I also think the eyes are too defined compared to any detail or definition elsewhere in the photograph.

It honestly looks like a mediocre Photoshop to me.

It looks a nice bit of woodland to me; a nice enough picture in itself without the need to 'shop a grey into it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Didn't it take quite a long time to set up and take a pic back in the 30's? As much as I'd like to believe someone caught a grey on film, I'd think whoever took this pic would be pretty freaked out had they seen this creature appear in their viewfinder. It's not like you just whip out a camera, snap a shot, and something happens to be there. Given the position in the pic, he would have had to seen this thing walk into view before snapping the pic. I suppose it's possible, but extremely unlikely.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join