It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Photographed in Alaska!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Does anybody here believe this stuff but me?

Sure, no problem at all. This is similar to the photos of small, almost transparent beings taken in south america.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Well I have a photograph (four of them) of a UFO from the 1960's in Canada that hovered over a house - and just to see what would happen I posted it here and of course everyone was SURE is was a hoax - the angle this and the too close that - I KNOW the photos are real - and the ATSer's simply wrote it off because it takes nothing but a stroke of a keyboard to do so -

You know your family and photo - don't let what people here say affect it. I learned from my little experiment that this isn't a science forum, it's an opinion forum... thanks for posting it.

I also have a photo of "Christ" I had since I was young and I'm in my fifties now that appeared on a friend of a friend's camera, black and white, in the 1950's. When I grew up I verified it through the friend of a friend and keep it as some kind of phenomena. I'm sure if I put it up here the same would happen - hoax, fraud, photoshop, whatever - but they just didn't do those things in tinytown Canada fifty years ago.

k.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Looks really fake actually.

The shadow angle is completely different to the trees in the area, plus it closely resembles a blow up alien that I used to have when I was younger.

Wont make any claims that Im right, but would like to see the photo experst take a shot at this one

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Some of you are concerened about the ability of 1930's cameras.
They were pretty good for the era actually and did not require an hour to set up or having to wait for 20 seconds and ask the participants to stand still for 10 minutes.

check this list of cameras and you'll see that some are not too different from some SLR cameras still available today.

1930's cameras

There is definitely something wrong with the image of the 'character' itself.

Firstly, the shadow is at a slightly different angle on the floor in comparison to the shadows from the trees.

Notice how the characters shadow tends to aim towards the top-left of the picture, while the tree shadows tend to aim towards the middle-left of the picture.

The zoomed in image of the character does seem as though some 'masking' or 'ghosting' has been done on the image itself..

You can deliberately block out or 'burn in' extra light as you develop a black and white picture o create such an image, hence its odd ghostly appearance.

Any student in the starting weeks of a black and white photography course could do that.

Making a picure look old is also pretty easy and can be done by the amount of time you expose the negative to the photo receptive paper, the strength of the fixing chemicals you're using and other simple techniques/mistakes.

I am a bit dubious about this pic.. it doesnt' feel right, doesn't look right and possibly isn't right...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

I share your frustration...but pick your battles. This picture has some legitimate issues which have yet to be explained away.

Forget the alien or the position and angle of the shadows; I am talking specifically about the clone stamping in the sky (or what looks exactly like a poor clone stamping job).

Do not ignore issues with the photograph because people are a-holes to those who decide to post a picture or video.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It does kinda look like a grey, but who knows maybe bears can shapeshift into aliens.

You are kidding right
Cause I just felt the wind blow across the top of my head and that whooshing sound.

I can't say what it is or what it is not but as far as making me a believer that this is an alien? NOT!

[edit on 2/23/2009 by Solarskye]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It looks real to me. And scary too.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think all it proves is they had really crappy cameras back then! It could be anything apparentlt he didnt realize the camera had to be focused.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Horrible fake.

The noise all over the image seems very artificial, like they confused grain with noise in an attempt to make it look old.
There's something off about the contrast of the over all image, the entire background may be rendered in Vue6 or some such software and the Alien looks literally like its pasted on with a harsh shadow drawn underneath. The eyes also seem like a cartoon version of a grey and painted on.

I cant PROVE any of this, but having used Photoshop since 1997, been a digital photographer since 2003 & an Animator since 1995 my senses are pretty well tuned into rendering techniques & doctoring methods. My GUT is ringin alarm bells ALL OVER this one, its 100% manufactured photo.

Laughable at best, IMHO IMHO

p.s. additionally the CONTEXT of this photo is just plain DUMB! Why would an Alien just be standing there to pose for a photo, in the wide open? Did it wait for him to set the camera up to take a shot? And where are the other close ups I presume even then he would have had the curiosity to take more pictures? FAKE. FAKE.FAKE.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by atsbeliever]

[edit on 23-2-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It looks like someone took a picture of a toy next to some trees and then edited it in photoshop to make it appear old, only it doesn't look old. I'm not a photography expert but I searched for "1930s photo" on google and here are a few of the pictures it came up with.

Two outdoor shots that look very different from the picture in the OP. I think someone just took a digital picture, added noise and made it black and white in photoshop.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Does anybody here believe this stuff but me?

Yes. I do too. Atleast I believe it is very possible.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The shadows going in different directions is moot.

We should all know by the moon hoax videos that shows CAN diverge, converge, and almost appear at near right angles to one another, with ONLY ONE light source, the sun.

Terrain features, dips, small valleys, crevaces that cant be seen util you walk right up to them cause this to happen as well as the objects shape.

Haveing said that I still think the is a hoax, but the shadows going in different directions is not the smoaking gun.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
maybe its low quality cause it was in the 1930's?
Im sure they never had 12 megapixel cameras with zoom back then.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As someone already posted, 1930s cameras where more than capable of producing fairly good clean images, I didn't see any that had that uniform noise plastered all over them like this one.
Its not about the mega pixels, depending on the quality of film he used to take the shot it could be comparable to 25-50 mega pixels of film quality in todays terms. Which brings me to ANOTHER thing that stands out, if this is a low quality shot on crappy film how come the grain is so sharp? Wouldn't it not be blurry along with the rest of the low quality film lol how come it gets the high quality treatment? no no.
There are relatively few imperfections here either, its pristine except for the attempt to add grain, which is uniform and sharp.

Sorry aint buying it..again, why did the Alien stand still to pose? Look at his body posture its not in a 'walk cycle' the posture is pretty even as if he is indeed just standing still. Doesn't match the story that goes along with this.

Fake baby. Fake.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's the real deal. I wish grandpa would of chased it down and beat it up then threw it in a bag for the whole world to see. Good effort though chasing him down. Good thing he had his camera with. Just remember everyone. Hook em left then right. Maybe you could just slap them in the face and yell at them like children. Oh well. It's 1930 and your in a forest. What do you do? It's your one chance.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My question would be...why is he alone? It don't seems smart to me for someone who's not from this planet to be hanging out in the wilderness all by itself.

I just see to the way we do space exploration and I would just imagine other extraterrestial species would take the same approach.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly...some little kid dressed up as Casper the Ghost.
Trick or Treat!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

OY

As was pointed out by Extralien a few posts above
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some of those 1930 cameras are still used by photography buffs and pros today... they used 120 film which is still widely in use today and even Hassleblad has a cartridge that can handle 120 film

The Brownie box camera of the 30's used 120 film which was around since 1901...

megapixels vs grain
H&W Control filmed used for AF reconnaissance had effectively no grain

Point is they could take great photos

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WISHADOW
It's the real deal. I wish grandpa would of chased it down and beat it up then threw it in a bag for the whole world to see.

Maybe he should have, it would have been interesting. Perhaps if he'd have tried to so, we could be debating the merits of an alleged complete disappearance or abduction in 1930s Alaska rather than a spurious photograph.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
more fake pics to make people believe that alien life doesn't exist. sorry superslovak but that's a fake to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join