It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out All Lurkers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by andolin

True! I must have started visiting ATS a few years ago, (19 now)

I like to stay on top of what's going on. So another lurker comes out of the closet

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Long time registered lurker here...

Not big on posting simply due to the fact that many opinions are the same as mine, so repeating these seemed a waste of bandwidth, imo.

However it seems to me that many threads have too many like minded people in it all mirroring the same opinions, so for the last few months I decided to inject some opposing view points in order to get opinions from all angles.

I must admit to not being all that successful but as long as I don't cross the forbidden (troll) line I see no probs with that.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
don't know if this has been stated but ATS has all the statistics on incoming lurkers.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spacial

Really? You mean the anonymous posters..or something different?
Two.
Three.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Definitely not!! I've never posted anonymously, would only consider doing that if I couldn't access my account.

Essentially these opposing view points I speak of are opinions from friends and colleagues, so they are all valid.

I find discussing many topics (as discussed on ATS) with said people in the real world tends to get laughed off and not taken seriously.

Edit: Spelling & clarity

[edit on 22-2-2009 by yizzel]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams9
I used to visit the forum for awhile after becoming interested in conspiracy theories in general, and then after reading some posts that interested me in a personal way, I decided to sign up and actually contribute. Although I must warn that a lot of people on here are not flexible in their ideas AT ALL, and will take the first chance they have to rip your ideas apart, but its still good to get your opinion out there.

NO, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO"S NOT FLEXIBLE....WE ARE FLEXIBLE!!!!!

Ok, that was sarcastic.

-rrr

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
OK, you lurkers talk too much. Time for the briefing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8a0c49d288b.jpg[/atsimg]

Just kidding. Welcome to ATS and have a great time here!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Lurker reporting for duty.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

I was talking about the comment about ATS having stats for tracking incoming lurkers. I can't see how they do this unless spacial was referring to the anonymous posters. Just some confusion on my part.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i stumbled across this when i was looking up some deja vu stuff online because i had a creepy 10 minute experience.
I lurked for a while then realized what the site was about, and it's the biggest coincidence as I'm into everything conspiracy

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Oops my bad. That will teach me for not reading the reply to tag.

Doh...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've been "lurking" for around 7 or 8 months. There's a lot to read, but I never post because I have nothing valuable to contribute in most cases.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

I know what you mean. With me, the more I read, the more I had questions and eventually comments. After I discovered the search function, and how to follow the individual posts and threads of the posters that I really respected, I really began to read and research. Eventually curiosity overcomes fear and shyness.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hi, my name is Graphic View, and I too am a forumholic. Like many other posters here, I discovered ATS through my interest in the paranormal and forteana. It started off so simply, I would read ATS now and again, and even made a couple of replies to posts. But now... I have to check ATS every day.../sniffs, wipes eyes/. I *am* a forumholic..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Graphic_View

ATS addiction? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe. I guess if you get up in the morning and check the posts you are following on ATS BEFORE you check your email or eat breakfast, you may be an addict. Is there an ATSA group meeting anytime soon?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
yea I'm a lurker...I don't post because I'm someone who keeps an open mind and I think I would be attacked on this site for it

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am a longtime lurker. I visit this site atleast once daily. I don't post because I don't really have anything substantial to contribute and don't have the time to follow up on responses to any posts that I might add. I stay mostly on the homepage and have never really venturred into any of the sub forums. I like the intelligent discussons here altough I think some grainy UFO photos and mars photos get way too much analysis than a picture of that quality deserves. Also some of the doomsday threads are hilarious. As far as posters go, I don't really keep track of the various members here or anything altough I do think Skyfloatings threads are really interesting. Finally, I am very curious about what topics are discussed in the memebrs only areas ..too bad I'll never know!
Back to lurking...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Graphic_View

Hey, over on BTS there is a Group/Thread for Forumholics..
I wonder if people are going to lurk there. Two kinds of pressure. Admiring you're a Lurker, and admitting you're a Forumholic.

Here is the thread link

ATS/BTS Forumholics Meetings

Think I'll go stand up and admit my addiction

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
reply to post by Basilis

Youth is to your advantage. Speaking from the perspective of an older
(retired) person, I can only say that by being exposed to a forum such as ATS at a young age, you will be more likely to see many points of view an probably develop a more tolerant and expansive world view. I wish I had an oportunity to have something like ATS in my youth. Perhaps I wouldn't have traveled down so many paths which turned out to be dead ends. Don't worry about the debaters. One of the things I do, when a thread turns into a debate, is to focus on the other posters in the thread who are not being drawn in to the debate, and if the say something I like, i will post and agree. Sometimes that helps the "debaters" to pay attention to others in the thread.

Pass that wisdom down grandpa!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

I am a "lurker" who would love to be able to comment. However, when I signed up the password assigned to me didn't work. I notified them, and received another password that didn't work. I notified them again, and just finally gave up. If the website REALLY wanted commenters, it wouldn't be so difficult to sign up.

So I've posted anonymously twice but I've never seen my comments appear. At this point, my attitude is "It's too much trouble!"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join