It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out All Lurkers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I lurk and I post whenever there is something that I can add to a topic that I am knowledgeable enough about to post on..... There are a lot of intelligent people here and a lot of them are as insane as I am and I have been certified. There are a lot of intelligent people that are totally misinformed that can argue very well.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm a lurker here, and a member elsewhere. This site used to be the place to find hot news items, but now its so flooded with everyone copying the same things in other sites that nothing new is presented. So I only lurk a couple of times a week now...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Fellow lurkers unite....my account is brand new like only a couple of minutes old...ahh another ATS virgin... be easy on me...

I will admit i have been here lurking for some time now...
it's finally time to speak my mind..

END THE FED

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Present

I read it all

and still end up with questions

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I guess this is the perfect chance to move from observer to an active member of the site... in a way this topic kind of reflects the majority of people out there, always watching whats going on in the world but never acting until someone calls them out on it

I think I should say thanks to andolin, probably wouldn't have joined if it wasn't for this topic

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andolin

You called?

I like Lurking. There's too much to read and too much to absorb to bother posting. Somebody always says it better than I ever could. Like many have stated I'm here pretty much daily. Love the site! I too am a Forumholic.

Back to the shadows I go!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Okay, I'm here. Happy, now? Whatever.

I love it - either I post away on a topic that interests me and provide you all with fodder for snarks...OR, I just lurk offsides reading what interests me and still manage to ignite your irritation with even THAT benign activity. Is there anything in this grand universe we share that DOESN'T require your singular spotlight of opposition and contrarian public comments - or is there something in our economics that requires that every last soul that lands on a site be counted and bagged for your future use?

Oh, bother!

Eeyore

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Okay, I'm here. Happy, now? Whatever.

I love it - either I post away on a topic that interests me and provide you all with fodder for snarks...OR, I just lurk offsides reading what interests me and still manage to ignite your irritation with even THAT benign activity. Is there anything in this grand universe we share that DOESN'T require your singular spotlight of opposition and contrarian public comments - or is there something in our economics that requires that every last soul that lands on a site be counted and bagged for your future use?

Oh, bother!

Eeyore

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by andolin

im here.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've been a lurker for a little over 3 years. I visit this website about 2-3 times a week and read through a lot of the forums. I work as a security officer on the midnight shift so I have a lot of time to read. In the two years I've been a member I haven't posted much, only when I had something good to say. I do S&F threads and posts that I like so thats my little contribution to the forum.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Visiting this site every day (a few times)for 2 years now, signed up last year and actually made a few posts, but guess I like lurking a bit more then participating much(and get bashed
).

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I stand chastised.. My apologize to all...
I looked left but not far enough.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Admyrable

Yes the star gates threads here are awesome.
Undo's thread is wicked long and I read it for months, I just lurked about and didn't say anything. An example of what some of you are saying about being afraid to have nothing to bring to the table. On the other hand, it is also an example of a time when I learned a lot and found others whose opinions I respected. Whenever I see a post by undo or zorgon now, i pay attention.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

Welcome,...... and you're welcome.
For anyone else who is new to ATS, I would recommend learning how to use the search engine to find threads of interest. There are threads in the freshman forum that explain the simpler thing like avatar creation, link,
video, and picture embedding. Not to mention some of the rules T&C.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Yup, Cayce said (Channeled) that. I have a keen interest in Cayce.
My signature comes from several sources. One of them being a book about Cayce by that name. One of the subjects I continued to research here during my early lurking days.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
OK, I took the bait and signed up.

Having rejected organized religion and realized the dishonesty of politics and mass media I have been trying to sharpen my critical thinking skills and to use them to peel away illogic and untruth.

I found ATS in my truth seeking adventure and thought at first it would be a gold mine of good information and help in understanding what's really going on around me.

Mostly, though I have been disappointed. I thought I would find a lot of people also seeking truth as objectively as possible. What I've found is a depressing number of kooks, loons and fanatics. Especially the religious fanatics. And most pointedly the "Christian" bible quoting end timers who try to find a reference to every news event in the book of Revelation and who descend into hellfire and Armeggedon rants. It probably gets to me so much because I'm a recovering patient of the same affliction.

New Age neo hippies , Unabomber wannabes, and John Birchers get in the way as well.

One has to wade through a lot of debris to find a clue to a germ of a valuable idea that might lead to better understanding and all this far out fakery doesn't help. All ideas, all claims, need to be submitted to rational examination and fact checking to the extent possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have TRIED to join SEVERAL TIMES however the login and password NEVER work.
Get it together. Seriously. I receive the emails from ATS.com however each and every time I try to login or reset my password, I get a failure notice.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't post much on ATS mainly because I absolutely stink at debating. It seems as though 90% of the members on these forums have a Master's degree in everything political or conspiracy related. Plus, I only have 17 years of experience on this Earth compared to some of the older members.

-Will

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I lurk as well. Guess I haven't joined to post my own topics because I haven't quite formulated my own ideas about many of the viewpoints shared on here regarding ETs, govt. conspiracies, etc. ATS is one of many sites I go to for "alternative news."

-Elepheagle

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Basilis

Youth is to your advantage. Speaking from the perspective of an older
(retired) person, I can only say that by being exposed to a forum such as ATS at a young age, you will be more likely to see many points of view an probably develop a more tolerant and expansive world view. I wish I had an oportunity to have something like ATS in my youth. Perhaps I wouldn't have traveled down so many paths which turned out to be dead ends. Don't worry about the debaters. One of the things I do, when a thread turns into a debate, is to focus on the other posters in the thread who are not being drawn in to the debate, and if the say something I like, i will post and agree. Sometimes that helps the "debaters" to pay attention to others in the thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join