It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out All Lurkers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
no, not me. i'm not looking. i just happened to be walking by.
some people call me paranoid but that is just my deepseated suvival instinct.

it doesn't help that the password to post this message was "bilderberg"

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just posting top get a rollover..
Two
three,,,

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hi and Welcome ...I am simplynoone around here lol I lurked for seven years ..signed up one day and it wouldnt let me in so I lurked for a few more until one day it worked ..I was in ..now I want out LOL ....no not really ..I actually posted so much that I think I have worn out my welcome now ...so I am back to lurking some more for awhile lol ...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Hello, one Man or Womans "welcome" is always anothers good bye. Someone will generally share your point of view. you have enough points to know that. Don't give up.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm a lurker
Stumbled across this site when I was 14/15. I'm 18 now and have spent time on here almost everyday since. Eventually registered and here I am, lurking.
Its quite fantastic. I love the ideas, the theories, and the facts this board presents.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PunkAtomic

Hi PunkAtomic...
Young fresh brains, souls, and opinions are always welcome here.
Don't be intimidated..Post and learn..

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

You know, I do read more than I post. After the BIG ILLICIT TOPIC scandle, I'll cut back more. I do like the forumes, and most posters, but why argue for 100+ pages over what management does?

I'll stick to lurking unless points mean something.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

ATS started out as an experiment and has grown so much that it has become a business as well as a devoted interest of it's founders. I'm just guessing here, but what you are seeing are growing pains of a great libertarian experiment. Don't forget that the three amigos have to live in the real business,governmaental/political world. I'm sure it is not easy. From past experience, they have always tried to do what is right by the whole forum. Be patient..Look at what is posted and express your opinion. Maybe you can make a difference. This place is huge and takes a lot of work to keep going. Perthaps the founding principle has taken a hit, but it is still there until we ( the members) abandon it. I think ATS may have outgrown it's original conceptual foundation. Hang loose and enjoy..

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

As I said, I have no problem with the decisions that the three amigos made. I will post my opnions/theories when I feel they are warrented. Otherwise, I'm around just lurking until the right time comes along. (Kinda like swamp gas at the cotillion, I still linger:lol

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

Ah yes...
Swamp gas lingering....
A constant reminder of something awry..
Thanks .. Let's keep focused in the dismal swampage..
Oh hell..We lurk and post when we get upset, moved or otherwise spirited to say something. Nothing wrong with that...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I just made an account today but have been lurking for quite some time now.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by I am the walrus

Great...What is you're favorite Forum..Topic of interest??

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've been lurking here for a couple of years now and read ATS almost every day. Finally registered yesterday and this is my first post

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I started visiting ATS many, many years ago when I was looking up stuff to settle my random cavings for learning about the paranormal. I lost the site for a couple of years and then happened to stumble across it again about 4 years ago and decided to join up.

I don't really contribute much and I don't think I've actually created a repore with anyone here or anything, but I've made a few posts (mostly tongue-in-cheek, actually) and replied seriously to a few threads. For the past year or so I've been lurking. Visiting everyday but not logging on or adding anything.

I seem to only want to contribute when I have been drinking nowadays, which is pretty much why I'm replying now!

Most of my posts go through unnoticed or die out very quickly, but I blame myself for not following or keeping up with my thread.

Anyway, I'm still a big fan of this site (despite the fact that I disagree with so much of what is said here
) I will continue to visit for years to come.

Thanks for giving me a reason to log back in tonight!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Me too..... been lurking for a while and just joined up yesterday.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Because of your post I finally became a member. I was a lurker for close to a year and never thought to become a member and actually post anything. I would use ATS daily to read up on strange happenings. Thanks to your post I finally broke down and became a member. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by browneyedgirl8

You are very much welcome.
And Toy_Soldier, I hear you about the drunk posting syndrome.
Every Sunday morning I retrace my posts and clean up my mess.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I thought about this myself, and think there should be an award, or points awarded for "the most read" as a broad general knowledge of all topics.
Just look at my points vs. sign-up date, "I have never been fined points" These are all that I have earned......

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think it is good if people do not think they are ready to start engaging in debates/healthy discussion, to just lurk and review how the board operates. And once they feel comfortable, they can jump right in. I do notice that many people have joined in the last week or so, but a majority of them have zero posts.

But I also wanted to say to the lurkers, No they don't bite!
. Jump on into the discussion. Everyone has been really nice and welcoming.

This is a very thoughtful topic though.

Cheers,

Otto

[edit on 16-3-2009 by superdeluxe]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hello all! I'm a recent college graduate from Boston. I've been lurking on ATS since 2002 and made a few posts under the name "TheLilBeam" but I've lost that password and e-mail address. A lot has changed since I first started reading ATS and I'm glad there's a website that reflects the changing attitudes of real people instead of what the mainstream media wants us to believe.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join