It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Airports Controversial 32 FT Zombie Mustang Sculpture

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Denver Airports Controversial 32 FT Zombie Mustang Sculpture

digg.com

Does this make you want to fly the friendly skies? Not meant to represent the local Bronco's sports franchise. The artist who sculpted this died when it "fell" on him during construction. Many locals want it put out to pasture.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.westword.com
blogs.westword.com
www.thedenverchannel.com
www.westword.com

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I honestly don't know how to post this to our readership (MODS, please be kind). The 'article' is actually a digg, of a photo. I can't find what blog article the photo is supposed to connect to. I did find another article on the site that calls the Mustang Statue 'haunted'.

I will admit that the statue looks like a giant zombie horse. Very weird art at DIA. Anyone else know about this?
DocMoreau

There are too many possible Related Threads, please do your own search for 'DIA ART'

digg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
that thing is creepy. YES come to Denver, where our football team has just been replaced with zombie players. Sure, their arms might fall off and they insist on trying to eat the other team, but we won a couple of super bowls years ago!

As for DIA there is a lot of weird art in that place, Plus the mirrored construction of the building makes it nearly impossible to find your car if you park there.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Does it really have red lights in the eyes? Or is that a trick of light and shadow or a photoshop?

Honestly repainting it and taking out the red eyes wouldn't it just look like a normal horse?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, I think that look fantastic. You should all be very proud and happy having that on your doorsteps.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If you drive around Denver you will see many EXTRA LARGE statutes.
This Bronco isnt any different than the HUGE Blue bear downtown.
www.thebigbluebeardenver.com...

You drive down Colifax and you will find a HUGE large Chair.

Its part of Denver's modern artistic vibe they have going on here.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

There are other things you can find while driving down Colifax ave. Not sayin I actually have done it, but we all know whats down there.

Yea Denver has some weird art. Don't know if the altitude gets to artists or what, but it's definitely a strange and creative place

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to get rid of something unique and interesting. It's art it's supposed to be weird.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Recent relocation to Denver, this statue was in the news a few weeks ago...some group or another has put a push on to remove it.

heres a link to the story...

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by greeneyedleo

There are other things you can find while driving down Colifax ave. Not sayin I actually have done it, but we all know whats down there.

Yea Denver has some weird art. Don't know if the altitude gets to artists or what, but it's definitely a strange and creative place

Ah yes, you can find other "items"
Best to stay away at night. Those "items" crawl the streets.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe this is not a rendition of Bucky the Bronco - the horse that graces the top of Mile High Stadium.

www.countryinns.com...

I guess the new story is much more interesting! Especially after the team's dismal season-

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As a lifelong Bronco fan who has been to Denver many times, including for games, I gotta admit I love this statue. I have no idea if it was the intended purpose of the statue, but I like the idea that when the Raiders, Chargers, or Cheifs fly into DIA for their annual road games at Mile High, they are met with images like this horse and like those DIA murals that plant the seed "Holy Hell does this place look foreboding and evil" into their head. It's a far cry from the down home image of old Barrel Man and from seeing the beauty and grace of Thunder being riden around the stadium, but at the same time it fits Denver perfectly.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
If you drive around Denver you will see many EXTRA LARGE statutes.
This Bronco isnt any different than the HUGE Blue bear downtown.
www.thebigbluebeardenver.com...

Its part of Denver's modern artistic vibe they have going on here.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by greeneyedleo]

Yeah, the difference? The big blue bear makes you laugh a little, and go "Hey! There's a giant bear looking into a window! Haha!"

The Horse statue makes you want to run and grab some holy water.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Pretty cool looking, indeed. Looks like it's waiting for it's horseman so it can ride off into revelations. I think the skeletal looking ribs really brings out the fury.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I love it.

If they relocate it, they can move it to my house.

I'll forward them the address....hell, I'll even pay freight.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sea-Tac airport is the most boring, bland, artless airport I've ever seen. If Denver doesn't like it, send it over here.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses, yeah, I don't know too much about the statue, or the image. But I have learned a great deal from some of the links and responses here.

I find it creepy that the artists who created this artwork was killed by it.

I find it creepy that it is at an airport, but DIA seems to have this vibe already.

I believe that the eyes do glow.

Thanks again,
DocMoreau

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
hi there, cool picture included with the OP. I Live in Denver and on tonight's news they aired a segment about this contraversal statue. Apparently now there are groups out there that hate the statue so much they made a site all about how evil it is: www.evildiahorse.com...
And there's all kinds of FaceBook groups supporting both sides of the debate some hate the statue and some enjoy the statue saying they want to keep it. Personally I love it! I think it a great statue and there's alot worse things out there to worry about.

The eyes are seriously awesome, the first time I drove by the statue, I didn't notice the eyes were red until our car was just the perfect angle where the Sun above shines in thru the top of the head and the light shines out through the red eyes. It was seriously awesome- the red eyes lit up with intensity, I was very impressed, almost stunned by the power of it. lol ...

I heard that part of the issue is that it may be a first impression to new-comers and tourists. I also heard something with somewhat of a 'conspiracy angle' that all this negative publicity and negitive media attention was caused by someone interested in the real estate / land that the statue is on...who knows???

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You know what Denver needs now....?

A Giant statue of a Zombie Bank! That would scare the # out of people.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Isn't Denver airport the one with the NWO paintings?
Could this be one of the four horsemen?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join