It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Spy Camera & Mic Found Inside Digital TV Box

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Dispatcherator

Made me laugh any way

edit photo (no I did not actually edit the photo... I messed up the link
)

[edit on 19/2/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Why was there never this much frenzy about monitoring when the camera cell phone and web cam came out?

Oh...I remmber now, it was because fear monger propeganda did not exsist in those years....dispite the fact that they were already using those methods to monitor.

Cheers!!!!

Web cams and cell phones can't be used for bad things
They are for fun and dirty chat on instant messengers
That's why we just can't fear them

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Interesting, wonder who is doing the observing on the other end then?

Reminds me of almost like being at a zoo and observing the animals.

I also believe there is the possibllity that the mass population is being "mind conditioned" with certain frequency waves or something that is not readily detectible.

just another tool for the few to control the many.

And the many, for the most part choose to remain oblivious and compliant.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I see the future ...

Let's suppose I want to run for governor in 20** ...
If my political views are seen as a threat by our HMS / NSA friends or whoever is interested, i could have a visit from a couple of men in black, saying :
- Hey, Mr ****, we know you want to run for governor. Do you quit the race or do we show hours of tape showing you jerking off on channel 456 every Saturday, Tuesday and Friday night ?

I'm super scared...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mantic

to all you naysayers, wake up. it has a high resolution and its black and white, so its going to see better at low light. did you dummies ever think, that its sending a digital signal to a reciever somewhere?? duh!! if you can recieve it, it can use one pixel, and send that image of reflective imaging to a digital reciever. that is why the government was giving coupons, and this is why they are hidden beyond a smoke cover. did you really think that they just wanted to get all the rednecks a better picture of bubba on t.v.?? stupidy breeding everywhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder
Hey, Mr ****, we know you want to run for governor. Do you quit the race or do we show hours of tape showing you jerking off on channel 456 every Saturday, Tuesday and Friday night ?

I'm super scared...

Since when has being a jerk-off stopped people from becoming president of the US?

It seems to be a prerequisite.

[edit on 19/2/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
Ill say this for the 400th time here on ATS.

Converter boxes have no way to transmit a signal

but why is that you ask? a converter box hooks up to your antenna. you might have rabbit ears, you might have a larger antenna on the side of your house, which in my experiences works ALOT better. those setups are the only ones in which you actually need a converter box.

If they put microphones and cameras in them, they also put transmitters. I would guess that they are short range and can be turned on by certain security forces...If there is any truth to this in the first place_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If someone could please re-fresh me on this...but didn't just last week or the week before someone in here post a insert about LCD t.v.'s having the technology to create parts of a image in front of the screen? Now I was a bit off kilt reading this and of course this being in here you take with a grain of salt. But I think the poster had placed a link to the U.S. patent office web site with a link to the patent that had been placed on the technology that was patented by Apple computers. If I re-call apple has software that interfaces with the lcd picture and "enables" a pre-built in lcd technology that allows the pixels to capture small parts of a image directly in front of the screen and apple applied a software that "treaded" the image together in front of the screen to produce a visual picture that could be transmitted? Does anyone re-call this?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Done 4 different boxes now not a single camera or mic in the lot.
There are also serious issues with that stupid video. First observation is the camera. There is not any connection to the board. if this is expected to spy on you there will need to be a connection to the circuity to transmit. There is none evident. even The close up at the end looks to be purposely blurred to keep you from seeing the connection details, or lack of connection.

Second issue is the so called mic. There is three distinctive leads coming from the mic. no Mic Ive ever seen has three leads. It looks very much like a Three-terminal Capacitor. The Three-terminal Capacitor is used for Noise Suppression by Low-pass Filters and Improvement of High-frequency Characteristic. You can see information here In this case judging by the placement I would have to say it for smoothing the electrical signal coming from the step down transformer.

I am not a electronics expert but I am a hobbyist so I know a little. Funny thing is none of the boxes I took apart had any thing resembling the so called mic but The boxes I have access to were not of that make and model.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Alex Jones has straight out the blocks today totally distanced himself from this (as @ 17:05 GMT 19/2/09).

Wise move, although he'll probably find something else to rant about.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
Ill say this for the 400th time here on ATS.

Converter boxes have no way to transmit a signal

but why is that you ask? a converter box hooks up to your antenna. you might have rabbit ears, you might have a larger antenna on the side of your house, which in my experiences works ALOT better. those setups are the only ones in which you actually need a converter box.

antennas work GREAT in picking up a signal, but it is not physically possible for them to TRANSMIT a signal without MAJOR altercations, meaning they can read, but not write. even if they have a camera and mic, who would they send that info to? i see they didnt find a Wifi card in there, which would be the ONLY way to get the video from the box.

----------------------------

If you ask me, a CABLE BOX is a far more likely candidate for Spycams because it interfaces directly with a feed from a larger cable provider hub.

well people generally bring the boxes back....?

I know I do.

look I'm sure this is happening you would have to be crazy to think the transition to digital is for the consumer.

they have something cooked up.

and whether you admit it or not they got a plan.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

You are refering to a cable modem. Cable modems use a separate set of frequencies from the settop boxes. The bandwidth available to cable modem depends upon how many homes per node the cable company populates.

It is important to note that every Cox customer in your neighborhood has a settop box but not all of them have a cable modem. I would be very surprised if the cable modem density in your area is more than 25 percent.

Also, the cable company counts on the fact that their cable modem customers are not all active on the internet at the same time. So, they get away with a higher throughput to and from the cable modem than the numbers would suggest is possible.

I am sure that you have noticed that at high volume times, your cable modem slows down. Now imagine what it would be like if all of the customers had cable modems, they were all active all the time, and they all had a webcam attached. Your performance would be adversely affected and your satisfaction with the service would drop. This is another reason why the webcam in the settop box is not practical.

It is impossible to hide the impact on the system.

Of course there is the other problem and that is who would monitor the thousands and thousands of webcams and sort out the dead air, junk, boring chatter, etc, from the "good stuff"?

Thousands of workers would be required and that would be a secret that would be impossible to keep. Since all of these monitors would know that their settop boxes in their homes were being monitored as well. They would all revolt in short order and report what they knew to the media.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fresno_firefly

I already talk to people on my tv, but they havnt started talking back yet.
Maybe I'm just ahead of my time

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Much of the data from Neilsen is low-resolution in that they never know how many people are actually sitting in front of the TV. They complain about this alot in the world of million dollar TV advertising and "impressions".

So I mention this simply because it provides an easy fob-off excuse to stupid engineers who have not any grasp of conspiracy. They might see a camera on the blueprint or schematics and ask what's up and then they could be told, "Oh, that's just for neilsen customers who opt-in for it. They need to know exactly how many people are watching a particular show." ...There needn't be any other explanation to the stupid; they'll buy this reason.

Even if this one's a fake, and even if another one just like it doesn't have a camera, this disproves nothing because the veils which hide this sort of tech from the public. Also the non-questioning mind of well-paid and obedient engineers means that these kinds of things can be done. Even if it's only 1-in-100 that gets the camera package, it's practically irresistable and as I mentioned, deniable/explainable.

Oh and I didn't even watch the video because it doesn't matter for the reasons I mentioned above.

The point is for everyone to be like Gene Hackman in "The Conversation" where he must know if he is being surveilled or not. He essentialy rips the whole house apart. Such paranoia is self defeating, but perhaps it's also theraputic? I say rip everything apart and you will find cameras and bugs.

But what then?

======================================

good post small peeps and i'm in 100% agreement. SO WHAT if it is a hoax!! until the reality hits peopel need to be slowly fed information...obviously! it's how the illuminati has been doing it to the people of Earth for years!

look at movies, books, tv shows, etc., and see all of the "messages" placed there to teach us! even hoaxes have a sliver of truth in them!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
"A popular You Tube Video"...

There is no way to know who put that camera in there.

Maybe somebody wanting to make a "popular you tube video"

If people watch the OTHER videos about this conspiracy of people taking their units apart, no one else found a camera. Just watched 4 other videos of people tearing their systems open, and no camera.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
Alex Jones has straight out the blocks today totally distanced himself from this (as @ 17:05 GMT 19/2/09).

Wise move, although he'll probably find something else to rant about.

Well, I said he'd probably find something else to rant about...

Basically Mr. Jones thinks the video is nothing more than an attempt to discredit the idea that this has happened on TIVO units (cited J.Jackson's nipple) and lap-tops with web cams and mics (being used by Google for product placement purposes).

So there you have it, it's disinfo to put everyone back to sleep.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have decided to stay with-out TV service of anykind, and only use dvd and internet to save money... and I'm glad I did. Your hdmi tv can be hooked up to your pc and you could watch almost anything you want for free anyway. I am curious and waiting for more posts about what's inside these boxes.
J

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

Now laptops / desktops with web cams are a whole different issue - I am willing to bet money that I could find a 14 year old kid who could figure out how to spy on you through a web cam... People with USB web cams PULL THE PLUG WHEN IT'S NOT IN USE!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
LOL why are we still debating this? Didn't just about everyone here including myself debunk this like 6 pages back?

Oh to heck with it, I may as well play along..
That camera is real. It's a thermal camera, that's how it can see thrue the plastic case. Oh and the microphone has three pins on it for stereo so the government can hear the whole sound field. You forgot to open the remote control, it has built in GPS so they know where your remote is at all times and the buttons on the remote have secret finger print readers that send back your prints to the box and then transmit it out on the bunny ears to the government so they have your prints in their database.
All of us here at ATS who have a long running background in electronics and engineering are all in on it. We were forced by the FCC to tell you all that the video is a hoax even though it is not!
By the time you read this I will already be killed from the agents for exposing the real truth!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
when it comes to wondering why someone would put a camera and microphone in a DTV box, the answer is simple--because they can. When wondering why some person or group does something that seems "weird" , conspiricy related, they do it cause no one has tried to stop them.
It's the same reason some teenager does a practical joke that has no purpose other than draw attention to the joke. The teen did it cause there was nothing there to stop him. Nobody thought that anybody would do such a stupid practical joke.
So, if the camera in the DTV box is real, the reason they put it there , is that they could. That's all the reason they did it.
Now the next question that begs an answer---who is "THEY".???

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join