It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Spy Camera & Mic Found Inside Digital TV Box

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
First of all, this is a hoax. Secondly, it is not like they can't spy on you without a cable box. If they want to know what you are doing it is no problem for them to surveille you. They don't need a cable box. If you get rid of your cable box you will not be free of surveillance, if they want to watch you.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razor1
Finally a conspiracy I could test myself! I just took apart the same exact model ,also purchased from walmart, and there was NO camera or microphone. So let me be the first to say, HOAX!!!

You just made my point. You found yours didn't have such obviously planted things and now a Hoax on such things covertly being done. Let me ask you this, did you blueprint every circuit path and component piece, then did you detail each component by systematically taking them apart layer by layer, piece by piece, and compare the results with what each part is for and which pieces of the component part is not necessary for the function of the component part, then, consider what functions these additional componenet pieces would or could perform, then, look at the overall blueprint again from a wholistic perspective? Or, did you just rule the scientific method out on this one and make an armchair speculation?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Why would they need an antenna to transmit? Satellite box transmit information about pay per view movie purchases all the time through the satellite link and your phone lines. Who knows what new technology is out there that we have no knowledge of..

And as BeyondBelow asked, do you remember what all you discussed last night in front of your own cable box? I'm sure some of it you wouldn't want repeated outside of your home.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

To add to this, how do people think that tv and radio ratings are recieved?
Second line.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There has to be a storage... but where.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
oh no the tptb are gonna see me cranking one out to some naughty movies.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Cisco owns Scientific Atlanta (set top box manufacturer)... they are coming out with products that enable you to do video through your television via set top box.

blogs.zdnet.com...

This is not quite the same thing as that crap video, but interesting to know that this is where we are heading... being cooped up in our houses talking to people on our TV.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Kipkay, on youtube put one of those cameras in a pair of sunglasses, this is bunk, I've never seen a microphone look like a potentiometer. Please. Take your meds.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Only 10% coverage? look here

As for price and access, all US providers want to keep their FCC license. As far as needing millions to monitor every waking moment, which you did not address in this post, you only have to monitor parties that are of interest.

Like I said earlier, it could be done. I however doubt that it is done.

With the right equipment I could sit out in a van in the street across from your house and monitor your CPU's cycles and have it decode every single key press and place it on a screen for me to read as you type. There is a reason Faraday cages are popular besides the cool name my friend.

But keep in mind, that the Unabomber was only caught because his brother turned him in. His cabin was devote of modern electronics.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think this calls for more investigating. It may be just a video hoax to stir people up, but what if it isnt?

Also, there are such things as wireless spy cams. You can get clocks, VCRs, coffe makers, anything with a built in non-wireless cam and mic in it and for a few bucks more you can get those cams and mics upgraded to wireless.

Did you ever think that maybe they arent spying on everyone? They could target specific people. Drive a van near your house and turn on a reciever and get all the different wireless cams signals within a 100 yard radius and see and hear what your are doing. What have you posted about the government lately? What sites do you visit that the government might not like? Do you like to clean your guns in front of your TV and talk about what the people of this country should do to those nasty politicians?

Think about it.

A wireless Spycam product.

Other wireless cams in numerous items.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just in case if its not a hoax. Figuring it was the government that insisted that we change over to these Boxes. And the government is even willing to pay $50 on each one. We should maybe be a bit leary here and watch what we do say around our boxes. We also should remove the boxes from our bedroom TVs. There are just some things we dont need anyone looking at or watching us doing.

And just in case, A word of advice here. Control your moods nothing should be done on the couch. Or within the view of one of these things. Unless if its mooning.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
"A popular You Tube Video"...

There is no way to know who put that camera in there.

Maybe somebody wanting to make a "popular you tube video"

precisly,i smell a hoax.

i also smell discreditation,wherever theres truth to be found something ridcilously unbelievable is said similiar to it to discredit it.

for example say that digital signals can be used for intricate and complex waveforms which are consdusive for mind control purposes(fact).

to discredit that fact what you do is say that digital signals are spying on you to find out all your secrets.

there you go,thats how they hide the truth,make similiar sounding hoaxes and no one believes the truth.
that method is everywhere and is future ais main weapon of discrediation of great truths.

and furthermore an attempt to disguise the abilities of the ever present nanotech as normal "spy" technology.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Although I admire that you bring this information forward to be analyzed by all, I don't understand why the government would want to spy on an ordinary average person. Exspecialy someone that has to purchase one of these boxes because they still use an antenna.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the logic behind it.What do they stand to gain by doing this? I'm told that the government actually has a satellite that can see through your roof. I don't know how true this is, but with today's technology it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

It just seems like alot of trouble for them to go through. Here is something to ponder on, perhaps they are fake camera and mics placed there to reinforce our fear of being watched. This would leave a person with the sense that if they can watch me at home, then I had better be careful what I say and do when I'm not home. Just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
before the "nay sayers" jump all over this..
( and i'm late here from reading some of this)
YES, it IS possible to transmit over a TV ariel or whatever other means of getting a signal in.
i have FOUND listening devices and transmitting devices on TVs as long as 30 years ago.
and NOT just on one TV.
when i moved into an inner city appartment was my first experience.
i brought my TV with me, ( my parents old one, this was 1979!) and my neighbors let me know they could pick up my converstations WHEN THE TV WAS TURNED OFF! over their FM radios!
i was going to electronics school at the time, and took apart the TV and VIOLA! there IT was! i have found THREE such systems on OLD TVs.

now, the NEW Tvs have an interesting history.
because of my background, in electronics, i meet ALOT of other techs.
and the new solid state TVs have some interesting properties.
as a matter of fact, in the early eighties, BEFORE ALL TV manufacturing went to JAPAN, the major compamies were approached, to install at the goverments request, such listenning devices!
it MADE the trade journals at the time! it was VERY controversial.
the MAJOR companies said NO.
Japan didn't.
and so, all manufactering, went to Japan.
( same story for alot of the phone makers as well.)
believe it, or not.
seeing as how technology has advanced SO far, i wouldn't be surprised about ANYTHING.
as i said, i am alaways in contact with other techs in the field..
various fields.
and i was told 15 years ago, that "they" can listen to ANYONE they want, WHENEVER, WHEREVER.
and "they" no longer have to send anybody "in", to plant the devices.
they are already there.
and can be turned on remotely.
believe what you want.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey, if they want to put a little camera and mic in my box, go for it. They are going to love watching me sit in my big chair, remote in hand, hear me pass gas from time to time. Maybe they'll get lucky and catch me and the wife "having a moment". What fun for them!

[edit on 2/19/2009 by evil gnome]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ok I've read them all and you have to relly wonder about all of the hub bub. Come on and think a minute. ITS NOT ABOUT SURVEILLANCE!! Digital take-over is alot simpler. In a digial world we all get knocked to cave man status when thee first EMP's go off. With lead boxes and analog I can be back on the air broadcasting in less than an hour> In a digital world we are all screwed! besides theorists, we all know that THEY have the technology all ready to constantly spy on any one at any time. Remember that most all of us that have visited here firmly believe in the Alien/ human government interface. Hell. if I want i can bug your house in a van using just your telephone or coax cable. This is a case of misdirection. Look elsewhere other than the magician's hands!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

that video smells of a hoax to me. It appears that the "reporter" didnt even unscrew the box. Also, the mic and camera were not wired into anything. I am a regular visitor to infowars, and I must say that I'm disappointed at Alex Jones' lack of investigation. I say again...HOAX.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And here is another one opened, showing nothing of the sort.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i have FOUND listening devices and transmitting devices on TVs as long as 30 years ago.
and NOT just on one TV.
when i moved into an inner city appartment was my first experience.
i brought my TV with me, ( my parents old one, this was 1979!) and my neighbors let me know they could pick up my converstations WHEN THE TV WAS TURNED OFF! over their FM radios!
i was going to electronics school at the time, and took apart the TV and VIOLA! there IT was! i have found THREE such systems on OLD TVs.

now, the NEW Tvs have an interesting history.
because of my background, in electronics, i meet ALOT of other techs.
and the new solid state TVs have some interesting properties.
as a matter of fact, in the early eighties, BEFORE ALL TV manufacturing went to JAPAN, the major compamies were approached, to install at the goverments request, such listenning devices!
it MADE the trade journals at the time! it was VERY controversial.
the MAJOR companies said NO.
Japan didn't.
and so, all manufactering, went to Japan.
( same story for alot of the phone makers as well.)
believe it, or not.
seeing as how technology has advanced SO far, i wouldn't be surprised about ANYTHING.
as i said, i am alaways in contact with other techs in the field..
various fields.
and i was told 15 years ago, that "they" can listen to ANYONE they want, WHENEVER, WHEREVER.
and "they" no longer have to send anybody "in", to plant the devices.
they are already there.
and can be turned on remotely.
believe what you want.

OMG this is just laughable.
Are you trying to get a rise out of people with your BS? Well good science fiction story. I'm sure half the other people in this thread who really thinks that is a camera and mic in that DTV box will also believe you

Oops I just realised maybe you were trying to make a joke hehe.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
And here is another one opened, showing nothing of the sort.

That video is a hoax! YOU removed the camera and microphone. HOAX!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I live alone, If they want to sit and watch me scratch my b$#%'s and my dog lick his, Let em

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join