It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The barbed wire facing inwards = FEMA camp myth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok so one thing I notice about a lot of conversations here on ATS is about how these supposed FEMA concentration camps have barbed wire facing inwards.

Here's an example of opening threads that mention inwards facing barbed wire:

Possible FEMA death camp vid

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest
Not sure if this has been posted yet (did a search and found nothing) sorry if it has been. (If it has, just let this thread die out)

Thought it was interesting especially all the fences with barbed wire facing inward.

Concentration camps on U.S. soil

Originally posted by diva

Mather AFB - Road to facility is blocked off by cement barriers and a stop sign. Sign states area is restricted; as of 1997 there were barbed wire fences pointing inward, a row of stadium lights pointed toward an empty field, etc. Black boxes on poles may have been cameras.

Kankakee - Abandoned industrial area on west side of town (Rt.17 & Main) designated as FEMA detention site. Equipped with water tower, incinerator, a small train yard behind it and the rear of the facility is surrounded by barbed wire facing inwards.

Nashville - There are two buildings built on State property that are definitely built to hold prisoners. They are identical buildings - side by side on Old Briley Parkway. High barbed wire fence that curves inward.

fema camp nashville tn need help

Originally posted by snobird
i have been looking all over internet trying to find info on this, all i can find is

Nashville - There are two buildings built on State property that are definitely built to hold prisoners. They are identical buildings - side by side on Old Briley Parkway. High barbed wire fence that curves inward.

i have looked all over google earth and no nothing that i can see in nashville.
i was hoping to get some footage of this place and if you guys can help me find it would be great

also if there is any toher places in nashville like this or need to be looked into im ready to shoot some film so let me know

note to mods: this might be wrong sections to post pleas move if needed thanks

It seems this is some sort of definitive evidence that because the wire is facing in, it must mean it is to keep people in.

Is that a fair judgment? In my opinion, it's not.

So how can I show that inwards facing fencing is as benign as outwards facing fence?

Give an example of a place that does most definitely NOT need to contain people.

Like BHP Refinery in Rockingham Western Australia.

A place where they most definitely don't want people to break in and would not want to prevent anyone getting out since it is a refinery, there could be fires, chemical spills etc.

So I will show a couple of pictures and give Google Street view links so any doubters can see it is what it is.

Link

Link

I hope this clears this issue up!

Cheers.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Far too much paranoia on this topic

Thanks for being rational

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Paranoia?

Well, it is a fact that the United States Government has openly announced that they will USE FEMA CAMPS, if there is an influx of illegals that come from Mexico if it crumbles.

They do have real life FEMA camps you know? They are not a myth, there are people living in FEMA centers that get there mail there. It's on their address down in Louisiana.

It's real, they got em and they will use them if they have to.

All they need is a crisis.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, the tank farm here in Fairfax City also has a chain-link fence with inward facing barb-wire. Am I to assume they are really a secret FEMA concentration camp in disguise?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yes the US Government has said they will use the FEMA camps to house the hord of illegals that may storm across the boarder if Mexico crumbles.

What do you expect....all those hundreds of thousands of illegals to just prance in the streets, breaking into houses and businesses and stealing stuff???

Or should the US Government just let them roam your city or town streets and break into your house and just make themselves at home and take everything you got plus your extra vehicle sitting in the driveway while your away at work thinking all is well???

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You gave an example, but failed to give a reason as to why the barbed wire may be facing inward. I don't think anyone will argue that it's more difficult to scale a barbed wire fence where the barbed wire is angled towards you. I'm not saying that there's not another valid reason for this to be so (besides keeping people imprisoned inside), but I can't for the life of me imagine what it could be.

I will concede that it is not impossible (or, as I learned in my youth, always difficult) to scale a fence with this type of barbed wire , and it wouldn't be a good way to keep prisoners inside of a fence; however, I fail to see another legitimate reason for it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Which ever way the fence goes, it's all out in the open they admit having camps 'just in case' and keeping large groups of people locked up is one of the things they are for.

Now weather you think they'll put political dissidents, gun owners, truthers, conservatives, ecocriminals, or any other group of thought criminals in them or use them for actual emergencys (like they famously failed to do for Katrina) depends on how paranoid you are. The camps really exist.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I hate to point it out but hasnt that fence in the pic got barbed wire facing both ways in a y shape, or angled both inwards and outwards?

This says to me that it is an extra security feature & would probably have outwards facing barbed wire if it were a single angled fence.

If you remember the fema fence was just facing inwards which suggests fencing in rather than out. Either that or incompetance by the fence erector.

I have worked within secure compounds for 20yrs & have never come across an inward facing fence - its just not logical.

Im not saying its because they are fema camps etc but it is strange to see fencing erected in this way.

[edit on 17/2/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Brave
Paranoia?

Well, it is a fact that the United States Government has openly announced that they will USE FEMA CAMPS, if there is an influx of illegals that come from Mexico if it crumbles.

They do have real life FEMA camps you know? They are not a myth, there are people living in FEMA centers that get there mail there. It's on their address down in Louisiana.

It's real, they got em and they will use them if they have to.

All they need is a crisis.

I know they have them but people's tendancies to go ZOMG!! BARBED WIRE, IT'S A CAMP!! is really not condusive to protecting ourselves and fighting back.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just to clarify, the point of this thread is to show that just because a facility has inward facing barbed wire does not make it a concentration camp.

There is no doubt that there are FEMA facilities spread all over the place, I doubt the true nature is as sinister as some like to make it to be.

You're just going to need more evidence than inward facing barbed wire (which for some is enough evidence) to prove FEMA camps are in fact concentration camps.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If there were no FEMA camps, and there was a large natural disaster in a US city, where 1000's of citizens became homeless overnight, would the same people who are now against FEMA camps berate the government for not having FEMA camps?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Also if you go into your first picture and up a few clicks you will see outwards facing fencing to protect the buildings. Just an observation.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If I’m reading this right..codes and regulations may have something to do with it
These are from Cleveland and Salt Lake.

caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...
(c) Barbed Wire. Where permitted by regulations of this chapter, barbed wire may be installed at the top of a fence if not more than three (3) strands are used, and if the lowest strand is at least six (6) feet above the adjoining ground. In the case of a fence located less than four (4) feet from a public sidewalk or a Residential District line, the vertical supports for the strands shall slant away from the nearest property line at an angle of not less than 45°. Such barbed wire may be placed above the otherwise applicable height limit for the fence to which it is attached. Any barbed wire fence not conforming to any provision of this chapter regarding barbed wire fences shall be made to conform or shall be removed no later than December 31, 2001.

slcilp.ci.slc.ut.us...
4. Special Design Regulations: No strand of barbed wire shall be permitted less than six feet (6') high. No more than three (3) strands of barbed wire are permitted. The barbed wire strands shall not slant outward from the fence more than sixty degrees (60o) from a vertical line. No barbed wire strand shall project over public property. If the barbed wire proposed slants outward over adjoining private property the applicant must submit written consent from adjoining property owner agreeing to such a projection over the property line.

. Special Design Regulations: No strand of razor wire shall be permitted on a fence that is less than seven feet (7') high. Razor wire coils shall not exceed eighteen inches (18") in diameter and must slant inward from the fence to which the razor wire is being attached.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The barb wire you pictured is a dual purpose barbwire. 45 degree angles on both sides can be installed easier by the facilities maintenace crews or contractors. The fact remains fencing with a 45 degree angle barbwire is to keep people in or out depending on the direction. This fence that OP shows just serves a dual purpose. Cost Plus contracting, you can afford the best.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
At inner-city industrial sites, I often see barbed wire facing either in or out, with no particular rhyme or reason that I can deduce. Occasionally, I'll see it facing different ways on different fences at the same facility.

It's probably a bitch to climb over no matter which way it's facing.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
....that FIRST video you posted....

Iv been there on (FAMILY DAY) ....I come from a railroad family

My dad worked there, and I dispatch amtrak out of there for chicago/hunnington.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

This is not new... here are some really old pictures of this place

Here

Here

Here

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Nice bit of info there.

You should post it into that thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Is this thread meant to debunk the FEMA camps?

It seems this is some sort of definitive evidence that because the wire is facing in, it must mean it is to keep people in. Is that a fair judgment? In my opinion, it's not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Barb wire pointed inwards or outwords, the government is acknowledging the existence of these facilities, themselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

No, just FEMA concentration camps.

I did mention that...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Brave

Places to hold/shelter refugees is one thing. What the OP is commenting on is the rampant, though not as much recently, speculation that anyplace that has a fence with barbed wire on top is, secretly, being prepared to hold millions upon millions of US citizens in durence vile.

It's FEMA's job, supposedly, to be prepared for disasters of any sort. I have my doubts as to whether or not an organization run by political hacks is capable of being prepared for anything more disasterous than a cat up a tree. Katrina would be a prime example...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join