It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Tank

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
well face u goto remember that rusian parts dont cost up to a million $'s a piece like the m1a's do

Yeah, I realize that. I was just curious to see how the maint. intervals were for the different tanks. ie. how often do you have to lube the wheels? or how often do you have to tweak the tread? That kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
oh right then ask the tank exspert not me
he he dont know mch about em

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
With out a doubt my fav tank is a PzKpfw VI Ausf. B Tiger II.

That being said.They were not made in sufficient numbers,and they were to heavy,and they were fuel whores.

Someone mentioned Michael Whittman in an earler post.I have a limited edition Michael Whittman dragon figure( I collect Dragon Figures) where he is sitting on top of a burnt out British Tank

I was a 'Tanker' in the US Army (19 Kilo) for six years.I drove the M1A1.Im not impressed.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I was a 'Tanker' in the US Army (19 Kilo) for six years.I drove the M1A1.Im not impressed.

Interesting. What made you unimpressed? Did you see any action in it? Did you get to use other tanks to compare it?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
mad i think he means how it is a bit slow and exspensive it is

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
LOL I was being sarcastic.I loved the M1A1.Very easy to drive,fast,big,fun to shoot the main gun.I didnt see any real action,just out on the firing range,or against a 'mock' enemy.

I didnt like being in the Army however

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
As a side note,I still play tank sim video games on a regular basis.

I think being an 'armchair' soldier is alot better than being a real one.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
good point!being and armchair general is sooo much better ! ever played op flashpoint

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bootyac
As a side note,I still play tank sim video games on a regular basis.

I think being an 'armchair' soldier is alot better than being a real one.

Cool. My brother was a tanker(bradley cmdr) for years(in Iraq now) and I got to go to his motorpool in Europe a few months back and got to check out the 'toys." I never realized how loud those things are!

Armored tracked vehicles are definitely the most intimidating things on the battlefield. There is a very primal fear activated when one of those big boys comes zipping by you....

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
T-80U series, it has shtora-1 EOCM, Arena protection systems, era, etc..

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bootyac
LOL I was being sarcastic.I loved the M1A1.Very easy to drive,fast,big,fun to shoot the main gun.I didnt see any real action,just out on the firing range,or against a 'mock' enemy.

I didnt like being in the Army however

HAHAHA - ok, I was about to say I have never heard anything bad about it from some of my friends in the Army.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Devil..yeah I have played that game.

Right now Im into Battlefield Vietnam and Combat Mission Afrika Korps/Berlin Barbarossa.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
dude ! im sure they done a comparision of 4 tanks the german ,british,american,french main tanks
britain won because it was so fast ,cheap,good armor and power
america was second all of the above but a bit pricy and parts are REALLY exspensive
i think france and germany drew in 3rd place

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

dude ! im sure they done a comparision of 4 tanks the german ,british,american,french main tanks
america was second all of the above but a bit pricy and parts are REALLY exspensive

in real life the new german leo tanks outperform all of the above by far..

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flanker

in real life the new german leo tanks outperform all of the above by far..

Let me ask you this...Has it seen combat? Because the M1 has, and has destroyed the compitition. You can't say anything outperforms something till it gets real field use, otherwise it is simply numbers.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Can I see a link to this comparison?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
[Let me ask you this...Has it seen combat? Because the M1 has, and has destroyed the compitition. .

the only thing its destroyed was iraqi/chinese copies of t-55,

here is a nice topic about abrams..
rfforces.phpbbhost1.info...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You know,I vaguely remember in AIT that they said that we had a life expectancy of about 5 min's in real combat.

Of course at that time we were training against the Soviet Forces,and top of the line T-80's

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
it was on whats it called that weapons of tomorrow show?
well the only reason the challanger won was cause the m1a is so exspensive and its faster than the m1a

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My favorite modern tank would have to be the German Leopard II. My favorite WW II tank is the T-34. The T-34 was the best all around tank built during that war. I agree that the Tiger II was an impressive machine, but the it was a bitch to keep up, and was not built in a sufficient quantity to be fully effective.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join