It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I think the video is hilarious!

Wait a second, so we're all held together?

I want my space please!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

On the contrary friend, I am very open minded. I have studied most religions with a passion over the years and found the similarities starling ....

YeaH me tooo....

All, and I mean ALLLLLLLLLLLLl...say JC was a prophet....pretty illogical (rather stupid) really...sorry...not too nice....

See... www.abovetopsecret.com...

No similiarity with TRUTH bro...JC is LORD...or a sick liar...

No room for nice guy/prophet...if you are ready to be intellectually pure...again sorry for putting truth all up in your face....yet you seem like someone who can handle it!!!

link   
Thanks and yes there is a alot of science associated with Jesus's teachings and the bible. Jesus was not a stupid man. But he was just a man, so let's not forget that. He was not the one and only son of god.

The creator is a geomterical mathematical constant known as the golden ratio, all things in life are consistent to it's design. To create is the act of reproduction like a cell which makes us co-creators and Jesus no more special than you and I. He was after all a son of God but we all are. It's built into God's design, the one design we helped co-create. We are all one. Jesus knew this, but instead of telling others the truth about it, he made himself out to be all mighty and left humanity with a legacy that would create nothing more than hatred and violence for thousands of years to come.

We are all equal. But believing that Jesus is your saviour is denying the truth and effectively volunterring yourself as a slave.

link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Do you have proofs of your wild claims?

Second line

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
..... But he was just a man, so let's not forget that.....

No prob bro, glad you are here!!!

But...just a man....nah...really...He would not have said the things He said....IAM THAT IAM>>>>look up the aramiac and greek....no option here....

See...

The I AM statements of Jesus

link... check it out.... slowly....here... www.letusreason.org...

JC gave us no option...it's kinda like foxnews...HE REPORTS>>>>WE DECIDE>>>>

Eternity rests on the answer...scarry I know...please ponder OT's words, ok?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Well it's not exactly irrefutable evidence but it's a start.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm an ex-Catholic, and do not believe in Jesus whatsoever....and yet my body hasn't flown into pieces. Jesus may have existed, but I still find religious dogma to be ridiculous, and therefore do not buy into it. I'm a heretic who has yet to be struck down by sweet lightning bolts.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Let's get back on topic!
Here's a post no one seemed to refute, agree with, or notice!

(lol)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I think the video is hilarious!

Wait a second, so we're all held together?

I want my space please!

F, "That was funny....I don't care who you are" Larry the Cable Guy

...my space...YES!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You know something Old Thinker.

If you were to post this around 6 months ago I would have flamed yer butt but even at that it would not matter.

You know something, despite watching this video and feeling that this guy is on a wrong path in terms of explanation it does not actually matter entirely in the bigger picture.

I have recently came to a bigger understanding and how you get there does not matter.

Its the journey that counts not the answer.

For all I want to judge you, I cannot because if this is what you believe this journey will lead you to Rome if you follow it.

All roads lead to Rome if you follow the path.

It would be wrong to judge as well from what i understand

Good Luck

[edit on 16-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The only one who speaks of "jesus" is the Bible, for you to interpret any other writings or character in other writings as "jesus" is false. There were no other son of God in any of those writings. Prophets, Messiah's, Holy People yes, but no the son of God.

And I am very intellectually pure, that is mostly the reason I can't believe in organized religion because the history and the "logic" show me that it's been used as a vehicle for power, corruption and murder ever since it was created.

Now that's besides the point. Now it seems to me that you are somewhat of a liberal Christian who's not blinded by his faith, yet you make claims that if Jesus didn't exist, neither would we. That begs the question stated in a previous post.

Does your claim mean that humans did not exist before Jesus? Is it all a mass conspiracy, created ancient texts and artififacts? I think not friend, logic would tell me that Humans have existed with the same general Bone Structure and DNA for thousands of years...before Jesus ever set foot on the planet.

Now with all of that said, I am not saying that you're wrong as in, it could never happen and there is no God/Jesus as Christians put it, but there is far too much distortion of information and change in the general social complex of the world, to make a 2000 year old prophetic work still relevant.

I preach the gospel of I Don't Know, because truly I do not, and neither do you. Any christian that wants to say that they KNOW heaven and hell exists and that they've spoken to their savior and to god were the victims of self-fufilling prophecy created from years of indoctrination, memorization and chastisement for "sins".

I will agree that we are all sinners and that we are all born imperfect that much I know to be true, but it's most certainly not out of some twisted sense of humour for a higher power.

Everything was created from one concious thought, one energy that filled and created within the void of infinite darkness. It is a web of life, not a singular being that controls and directs all things and decides their fate. We are here to choose our own fate and to progress accordingly.

That is my belief and my opinion, and although you have every right to tell me I am wrong, my beliefs prevent you from changing my mind, which is why having discussions about religion is pointless, because nobody but God himself could change any religious person's mind about what they believe to be true.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
I'm an ex-Catholic,

and do not believe in Jesus whatsoever....

and yet my body hasn't flown into pieces.

point 1-whatever floats your boat...OT's not either

point 2-really confusing?

point 3-look up the definition of GRACE....and the LAWS of Science...

You'll find your answers...and if you are really daring check out Romans 1:20...so men are WITHOUT EXCUSE bro....think about it?

Glad you joined the thread....you are always welcome!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

XXXN30

Thanks so much...you got someone prayin' for you don't you? No need to answer...your post was great!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OT out!

[edit on 16-2-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyindevil
Let's get back on topic!

(lol)

what's up fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice contribution here...folks will get to it....the thread is just a-hoppin right now...you are so welcome!!!!

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
point 1-whatever floats your boat...OT's not either
point 2-really confusing?

point 3-look up the definition of GRACE....and the LAWS of Science...
You'll find your answers...and if you are really daring check out Romans 1:20...so men are WITHOUT EXCUSE bro....think about it?

Glad you joined the thread....you are always welcome!

Sorry didn't really mean to come off as such a dick, but I guess I can be lol. In fact i've read the bible on quite a few occasions, and there are definitely some wonderful messages to be gleaned from within it's pages. An interesting article to say the least!! I have a bit of a different idea on exactly what "God" is/means to me i suppose. Still, I bet we're mostly on the same page as to what is right/wrong. Going to check the OP out some more, thanks buddy!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry...

But as a nonreligious person this thread scares me.

I'm scared whenever people talk about religious dogma in such great detail...

link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

One of the most beneficial but detracting things about god, why we are here and what is our purpose is the fact that we all have a free will aspect to our thoughts. Thank god for that eh...

If you want to know the answer you will actually find it, be it in a bible, life experience or listening to a preacher or even conspiracies no matter how dark.

Hence, All roads lead to Rome. its undeniable really when it comes to exhaustion of experience.

The truth will set you free.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by flyindevil
Let's get back on topic!

(lol)

what's up fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice contribution here...folks will get to it....the thread is just a-hoppin right now...you are so welcome!!!!

OT

Not much going on here, hence why I want someone to respond!
This thread has gone the way of many threads that start on a specific subject, (especially religion).
(It appears I'm doing it now! :lol

[edit on 16-2-2009 by flyindevil]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

....I preach the gospel of I Don't Know....

Some would say OT is liberal...some would say OT is conservative....labels are SO FREAKIN annoying..........

All I know is I KNOW THE LORD JESUS PERSONALLY...SEE.. here>>>> www.belowtopsecret.com...

OT

btw, the scripture is VERY VERY clear...we CAN 'KNOW' see...

This question has been asked by countless people throughout the ages. Samuel heard the voice of God, but didn't recognize it until he was instructed by Eli (1 Samuel 3:1-10). Gideon had a physical revelation from God, and he still doubted what he had heard to the point of asking for a sign, not once, but three times (Judges 6:17-22, 36-40)! When we are listening for God's voice, how can we know that He is the one speaking? First of all, we have something that Gideon and Samuel did not. We have the complete Bible, the inspired word of God, to read, study and meditate on. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Do you have a question about a certain topic or decision in your life? See what the Bible has to say about it. God will never lead you or direct you contrary to what He has taught or promised in His Word (Titus 1:2).

Secondly, to hear God's voice we must recognize it. Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27). Those who hear God’s voice are those who belong to Him—those who have been saved by His grace through faith in the Lord Jesus. These are the sheep who hear and recognize His voice. They know Him as their Shepherd and they know His voice. If we are to know God's voice, we must spend time with Him daily.

link.... www.gotquestions.org...

we CAN 'KNOW' His voice....ATS-ers, you listening????

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ot I have to ask.

Have you had an awakening if you like?

It just seems your tune has changed lately.

Im interested?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join