It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video. Gerald Celente predicts "worst collapse ever"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This guy has some interesting, yet disturbing things to say. He has been forecasting trends in the US for twenty years.

Here is his website.

www.trendsresearch.com...

I have just started looking at his site and wow. So much info going on there.

One of the highlights that I got from the video I lin ked was that unemployment in the States is more 13.5%. The US government doesn't add part time losses or the people who have given up looking in it's numbers.

Watch the video on his front page. He seems to be spot on on a lot of things.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, I guess we'd better start doing what he said. I'd rather listen to him than listen to our government right now. It's really difficult to be an optimist after listening to Mr. Celente speak. He said that by 2012, America will cease to be a developed nation. Sad, just sad.

All my life, I've always had hope for the future. Not so much now. The thing about Celente is, he's not scaremongering. He's an economist. Studying future trends is part of his job.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Your link was dead for me so here's a new one...

New link

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

I first heard Celente back in March predicting what would happen in Sept drop. I think he is dead on......in fact, he maybe taking it to lightly....I'm leaning more towards Alex Jones right now......

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So basically what he's saying is buy guns, stockpile food & water, be prepared to loose your job, be prepared for riots, and get ready to kiss your a** goodbye.

I wonder what the medical situation will look like.

Great.

BTW... about those riots. Did we suddenly forget about the possiblity of Obama ending up like JFK, MLK, and Lincoln.... did that suddenly slip our minds?

You want to see a revolution.... a horrible revolution... we better pray that this guy stays alive.

Awsome video... I'm glad I watched it. S & F

We don't have much time left do we? The ship is about to sink.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This guy was on Glen Beck 2 days ago. Like i've stated in other threads, Glen Beck puts guys on his show that no one else will. Even if you don't like the guy you can get info that you won't get elsewhere, especially on topics of the economy.

S & F....thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention OP

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
DOUBLE WOW! if his predictions are only half right it's time to get very serious about personal preparedness. A brave and intelligent man for sure. The reporter seemed almost to be in a state of shock, WOW again.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Believe me there is a revolution coming............... I as well noticed the reporter looking shocked... I guess anyone seeing this should be shocked out of there wits............... I just hope I have enough time to get all the supplies I need..Gods speed to all!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting, boy he really put it all into perspective at how giant this economic situation is, I applaud him on that. Granted he is a bit of a fear monger and I don't know his accuracy on these type of things, but wow... I can't imagine it getting that bad, but I know it can.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
was somewhat disappointed he didn't say it in Comic Book Guy's voice.

Interesting interview that goes along the lines of what many people have been saying round these parts... his views on Obama and the adminstration are incisive but I have never heard of him before nor this program, and am wary of their own agenda... this just feels like a very scripted interview like they are trying to sell something.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Mr. Celente is selling something------------the truth. He's been very keen and right on for many years.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Of course, he was put there and hyped up so much that when They do off him, they will have a martyr, one already given a slick logo and made a pop culture icon that everyone has seen and nobody will forget.
Prepare to have a new Crucifix to revere. In fact the end of that revolution may have already been decided: if the assasination sparks mass riots, which is incredibly likely, the new "revolutionary army" that will arise, in reality led by the same side they will be "fighting", they will be using the martyr to reel you in, after you bit on the shiny new hype they dangled right in front of ya.

(the hypothetical 'you', of course..)

How many people wear Che Guevera shirts, or did in the 90s when it was even cooler to than today. How many of those people did so simply due to rage Against the Machine and other pop culture influence. Who of those people know what he did, or why hes on their t-shirts, other than sying "uh dude he was a revolutionary uh"

So what this guy in the interview is saying might mesh pretty well with the hypothetical situation above... sounds like might support the possibility of an Obama assassination/riots idea himself but doesnt want to cross that line in words.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I sure hope he is right....everyday i look forward to the collapse...no more will we be slaves to a dying system of consumption,no more will we have to listen to lies and deceit....and all those fat cats will get a taste of reality...hopefully jammed down their throats

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
We know we are living in perilous times. The time has arrived to stop hitting the "snooze" button and wake up. no one likes to hear his doom forecast but there it is, right in our face.

Right or wrong his courage has to be admired.

Learn from others, others will learn

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

I don't think he is trying to sell anything, except maybe truth.

Check out this link from his webpage, which has his previous "predictions" that have come true.

www.trendsresearch.com...

I just have to say, I hope he is wrong this time. If what he says comes to pass, the results aren't going to be anything the average person will be happy with. There will be a few who will profit but it won't be you and me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
He is spot on.

And I hope he is dead wrong.

There are bad days ahead no doubt, being prepared is a must. But we should never give up hope. I can't believe the once greatest nation on this planet is unable to stop this collapse.

I try to be optimistic, but the rational side of me has seen these signs for long enough to know that without some miracle the worst will come. So I have prepared myself for the worst.

I will lose my job, the city I live in will devolve into riots violence and looting, our country will self destruct, the economy will die.

Prepared, I am... I will never be ready for it. I don't want to see that happen... and I hope one day we can all dig up these gloom and doom threads and have a good laugh.

Cheers!!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

As much as we all hate to hear it, we need to, to get prepared.

S & F - how sad for the kids of this world!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Doesn't it seem to be escalating out of control? Am i just imagining things?

It's almost dizzying trying to keep up with all of the headlines.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

How do you get a Job as a "Trend Forecaster"?
Do you need a Degree In Trend Forecasting?
Did he wake up one day and decided, I'm going to be a Trend Forecaster?
Do you need a to be member of Union or Club to be Trend Forecaster?
If your wrong, do you still get paid?, and who pays you?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You are not alone... as far as the headlines, just google news and economy.

It wasn't that long ago that everyone was afraid of WWIII, and the threat of destruction that would bring to the USA.

Now we are faced with similar destruction, though it was our own fellow countrymen who have caused it. Destruction from within that only Stalin and Al-Qaeda could have dreamed of.

Again, I hope it never happens... but the signs are all there, not like some vague threat of war... You can go into any American city and see it beginning to happen already... Washington is clueless at this point about what will actually stop this economic collapse and that alone should be cause for alarm.

But we have 'hope' FWIW

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join