It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video. Gerald Celente predicts "worst collapse ever"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What amazes me more than ANYTHING, is when I try to tell people I know about this stuff and they STILL give me THIS look >
I want to scream at them. HEY JERK, I'VE BEEN ON THIS STUFF FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS NOW!... MAYBE YOU SHOULD START TO LISTEN BEFORE YOU LOSE EVERYTHING.

Problem is that people have become so incredibly desinsitized over the years of prosperity that they don't know what the other side of the coin looks like. Well, that and our education system sucks so bad they never have TO LEARN what the other side of the coin looks like.
Like it or not folks, humanity, in general, needs a good swift kick in the ass... and they're about to get it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

What amazes me more than ANYTHING, is when I try to tell people I know about this stuff and they STILL give me THIS look > ... I want to scream at them.

I feel your pain. I get the same thing. I'm told not worry about it. People just want to pretend that it will all blow over.

But it's not. This isn't BS. This is real and it's happening now.

I keep trying to get info out and telling things that I see happening that they have not been keeping up on.

No one cares enough to hear the truth. They don't want the truth and they will get blindsided when the SHTF.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

I wonder what the medical situation will look like.

Great.

Start learning how to heal yourself. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. I work in health care, and years ago, when I got a serious illness, I realized how seriously screwed up our medical system is. The doctor's really don't care about helping people anymore....most of them are just in it for the money. So, if you get really sick, you have to take matters into your own hands, and start learning things.

I learned self-hypnosis and homoepathy, and I cured myself when the doctors and the pharmaceutical meds couldn't.

Now, fast forward to a time when doctors can't make money in health care anymore (if everyone is poor, and nobody has jobs, and nobody has any money) the doctors who are already fed up with their jobs to begin with, have no reason to stay. They walk.

The pharmaceutical companies also might stop making a lot of medicine, because nobody is going to pay for them anymore. Think I'm joking? They make tons of heart medicines and antidepressants, but few medicines for malaria and other diseases that are rampant in Africa and third world countries. Why? Because nobody will pay for them.

I have learned homeopathy and have cured myself of a serious illness, and have helped my parents so much with their illnesses, just from using homeopathic remedies that you can get at any health food stores. Using regression hypnosis, I can help people get rid of chronic pain.

My advice is: start learning how to help yourself. Become your own doctor, using folk remedies and homeopathy, like the pioneer women of olden days did. Learn first aid, because ER rooms will be filled to capacity.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
oops, double post. sorry

[edit on 12-2-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

Do you guys know who will be smiling if that happens?

Charles Manson.................now that is scary

Can we all say Helter Skelter ???

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

I wonder what the medical situation will look like.

Great.

Start learning how to heal yourself. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. I work in health care, and years ago, when I got a serious illness, I realized how seriously screwed up our medical system is. The doctor's really don't care about helping people anymore....most of them are just in it for the money. So, if you get really sick, you have to take matters into your own hands, and start learning things.

I learned self-hypnosis and homoepathy, and I cured myself when the doctors and the pharmaceutical meds couldn't.

Now, fast forward to a time when doctors can't make money in health care anymore (if everyone is poor, and nobody has jobs, and nobody has any money) the doctors who are already fed up with their jobs to begin with, have no reason to stay. They walk.

The pharmaceutical companies also might stop making a lot of medicine, because nobody is going to pay for them anymore. Think I'm joking? They make tons of heart medicines and antidepressants, but few medicines for malaria and other diseases that are rampant in Africa and third world countries. Why? Because nobody will pay for them.

I have learned homeopathy and have cured myself of a serious illness, and have helped my parents so much with their illnesses, just from using homeopathic remedies that you can get at any health food stores. Using regression hypnosis, I can help people get rid of chronic pain.

My advice is: start learning how to help yourself. Become your own doctor, using folk remedies and homeopathy, like the pioneer women of olden days did. Learn first aid, because ER rooms will be filled to capacity.

Look.... I felt the need to quote your entire post because it's important.

I know the staggering amount of people in the USA that need medicine and doctors to survive... if the SHTF and these people can np longer help us... we are going to see some serious crying. tears. depression.

I can take care of myself... I've learned how to do this.

I don't take medicine... period. If I'm sick... then so be it... I'm sick and I have to depend on my Immune System to fight it off... I don't have AIDS.

but my children on the other hand... I feel like their Immune systems have not addapted the world they live in. Therefore... I'm going to need help because they will get sick, they wil need Tylenol, they will have pain.

After watching that video... I realize the medical industry is going to have their hands full. Many of them (doctors) that have lived off their high salary won't be there to help... they will be like us... trying to survive.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't understand why some people have such a worried outlook regarding our future collapse and subsequent revolution. The writing has been on the walls ever since before the white man began colonizing the 'new world'.... it is the way of our species.

Everything in our existence is cyclic. Even time, as Timewave Zero has properly shown us. It was foolish for anyone to believe the United States of America could sustain itself forever. This goes against our very evolution as a species.

I, for one, welcome our new globalist overlords am overjoyed to be living during an era here on earth in which I am able to experience such a radical shift in global consciousness. These are truly exciting times.

Can the total economic collapse just be held off for a few months longer, though? I need a little more time to stockpile and decide whether or not I should purchase a weapon.... for some of you this is a no-brainer, but for a strict pacifist....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This guy has been featured on coast2coast quite a bit lately and I also think he is spot on.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Starred & Flagged man, this guy is on the bullseye lol...You can feel the revolution in the air, it's a conscious feeling....

I drive a cab in New Zealand and it amazes me the amount of times i tell people about this stuff that most of them just give hypnotized robotic answers like, 'ah well it won't effect my job', or 'thats only in America it won't effect us here in NZ in any way' or 'i thought cab drivers weren't allowed to smoke pot on the job', they have become conditioned as 'SELF APPOINTED GUARDIANS OF THE STATUS QUO' any negative thing about that system they snap at me and give me dirty looks.

Very sad how people can be so naive and asleep, anyway i now have copies of Zeitgeist:Addendum in my cab all burnt to dvd and i give copies to those who show they are looking for an Alternative.

Time to come together people the SHTF soon and it's upto us to get us out of this mess..bring on the VENUS PROJECT!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
What amazes me more than ANYTHING, is when I try to tell people I know about this stuff and they STILL give me THIS look >
I want to scream at them. HEY JERK, I'VE BEEN ON THIS STUFF FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS NOW!... MAYBE YOU SHOULD START TO LISTEN BEFORE YOU LOSE EVERYTHING.

Problem is that people have become so incredibly desinsitized over the years of prosperity that they don't know what the other side of the coin looks like. Well, that and our education system sucks so bad they never have TO LEARN what the other side of the coin looks like.
Like it or not folks, humanity, in general, needs a good swift kick in the ass... and they're about to get it.

I think the key to all of this is really what the timing will be. People need timetables. People need to know when something huge is going down. I know many people who are primed and ready to deal with a full on collapse, but then day after day goes by when nothing happens and complacency sets in. It's one thing to get everyone in the family ready and make sure that everyone knows the plan inside and out. It's entirely another thing to keep that heightened state of readiness going for a long time.

I think most of us could really benefit from a timetable. Right now it's kind of like jumping out of a plane blindfolded. You've been told that the ground is coming. You've been told how bad it'll be when you get there. You've been told to take steps to ensure your survival, yet all the while you can't see a thing. Most of us on this site have already pulled the chord. The parachute is out and we're falling much slower, but that still doesn't let us know when we'll hit that ground. That's the maddening part.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by consciousdrum
I sure hope he is right....everyday i look forward to the collapse...no more will we be slaves to a dying system of consumption,no more will we have to listen to lies and deceit....and all those fat cats will get a taste of reality...hopefully jammed down their throats

Man, don't get me wrong, I definitely feel your frustrations. However, do you realize the implications of what he is saying on your daily life? Have you ever seen any of the "Mad Max" movies? I know it sounds cool to go crazy for a few months and hunt for your food, and survive in the wilderness, and maybe have to shoot someone, but after a month or two of that we'd be wishing we were surfing the internet watching some TV.

I would say you could travel to the "Mad Max" world and ask if one of its inhabitants would trade you places, even given the "consumption, lies, and deceit", and they would do it in a heartbeat.

2XGreat Depression + WWIII would suck...big time.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Could it be Tecnology is the Top Reason Americans are so Pathetic and Just "Take it"?

Supposedly We have one of the Top Standards of Living in the World, with our Imaginary Wealth.

This allows Us Access to Horde Massive Amounts of Technology Laden "Goodies", built from the Lower Standard of Living, Foreign Labor Populations.

Could it be they Don't "Take it", being as they're not "Chained" to a Computer on the Internet, Listening to Music on their I-Pod's, While waiting for their Pre-Processed TV Dinners to Cook in Their Microwave Ovens, While their Cellphone is Beeping Away in the Background and Their Siblings are Arguing Who's got the Highest Score on Mortal Combat 22?

Could the 20th Centurys Most Rapid Advances of Technology in Mankinds History be to Blame for our Current Indifference?

Could this be the "Real" Conspiricy?

Our own Insatiable Lust for Knowledge and the Comforts it Affords Us?

A Deep Concept to Ponder?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
All of you howling with enthusiasm for blood to flow in the gutters and the new uprising, ponder this:

Maybe 3 weeks ago I twisted my ankle. It hurt like hell and I spent 2 weeks hobbling around on a cane before finally giving it up this week. I still have to tape the thing up every day and I'm walking with a pronounced limp. Getting up and down staircases is hell. If I had to run from anything or anyone serious...forget about it. I'd be toast, dead meat, a carcass in 2 seconds flat.

My point is this: a twisted ankle is a relatively minor injury, a mere nothing comparitively, and yet it's already put me out of the running for survival when "TSHTF." You don't see Jack Bauer or Batman or whoever suffering from a twisted ankle after they jump off a fourth-story fire escape or whatever, but it only took me the bottom three steps of a starecase to lay me low for a month or two. Now, if a simple twisted ankle can do that, just imagine all the hundreds...nay thousands, of massively more serious problems that could hit you within the first day of "the glorious revolution." You won't be so enthusiastic about "takin' it to the streets" when your shattered femur is poking up in shards from a leg that looks like raw hamburger.

That's what we've got to look forward to if you are really talking "action." It isn't like the movies, folks. People are soft, fleshy, vulnerable things and it doesn't take much to put them out of action...permanently. I don't care how much you cna benchpress or how ripped and buffed you are or how many guns you've got in your arsenal...one twisted ankle and the revolution could be over for you very quickly. "Over" as in "fade to black, role the credits." Somehow everyone assumes they will be a survivor but in fact everyone is rolling the dice and the odds aren't good. We better all prey for peace and an orderly way out of this mess.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

After Seeing the Cyclic Remark in your Post, I'm Guessing Someone Will or already has started a Mayan Calender/Notradamus Thread on this Possiblity...Good Looking Out!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Gerald Celente advises 2 things in Video:

1) Buy Gold :[
2) Don't spend a dime you don't have to.

Fair enough BUT we must remember that food shortages are going to create major unrest.....so stocking up on non perishable food supplies and basic medical supplies would be worth focusing on NOW.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It will be bad wherever there are more people than there is food and water locally. Disasters and famines will get less relief and more people will die from them. We hit peak oil. Remember, gasoline prices were the first element of the economy to get out of whack. I am glad I live where I do, I only hope I can afford to stay here.

I am interested in what is going to happen to all the private mortgages as people lose their jobs and fall behind on payments. it's not like there is a robust housing market for the bank to sell the house to someone else. I'll bet a lot of declining small towns begin to repopulate with former city dwellers.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Start learning how to heal yourself. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. I work in health care, and years ago, when I got a serious illness, I realized how seriously screwed up our medical system is.

You are so right on. I have also learned this. I am in the bodywork field - but first had to learn how to heal my own body. I suggest everyone learn about herbs and natural healing aids. Learn for yourself - and learn for others. We will be needing each other.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Another Consequence of a Post Crisis/Depression World will be The Weak/Sick/Elderly. Darwinism will come into Play here, as in the "Real" World.

Survival of The Fittest/Most Prepared.

Sadly The Weak/Sick/Elderly will be Castoff soon Enough, as they will become to big of a Burden on the Masses that will be Fighting for their Survival.

No, there will be no Zombies Roaming the Streets amidst the Dead Bodies, but, the Dead Bodies will accumulate none the Less.

Diseases will set in Eventually from Multiple Secondary Causes, Lack of a Power Grid will Threaten Clean Water, Food Storage, Ect, Use your Imagination here.

Looking even Beyond the Inital Violence that could ensue for Basis Resources to Survive, the near Future in this Scenerio Looks Grim at Best.

Hoping for the Best...it's all God gave Us to face Times Like these...

[edit on 2/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I think we all are aware, at least on some level, of our own mortality. I think you spoke very well of what could happen, and in your particular case, of how a twisted ankle could be detrimental to your survival in a SHTF scenario.

I also think it's coming whether we like it or not, because we've pushed the throttle for far longer than we ever thought we could, and must now suffer the consequences. It'll suck for a lot of people. It's important to try not to "go it alone" for precisely the reasons you mentioned. If you're injured, it's important to practice self-aid or buddy care depending upon whether you're alone or not. Riots are unpredictable and explode rather quickly. The key thing to do at this point is do some intense planning. Get out a map of your local area. With a red highlighter draw circles around areas that are currently high crime areas. Circle public assembly locations. Look for all the places that have the potential to flare up should something socially significant occur. The take out a green pen and circle the areas that are low crime. Circle areas further out, away from potential hot spots. Do you know anyone in those areas? Have you discussed the possibility of coming to stay with them during a disaster just for safety's sake? If not, it might be a good conversation to have. If you don't know anyone in those areas, look for places you can stay. Look for the parking locations you can park your vehicle if you have to ditch the area you live in. Places off the beaten path.

I think we're going to see a lot of insanely negative stuff go down when it finally snaps. I think it'll also be the people who react decisively and quickly that fair the best. People will suffer medical injuries. I was a firefighter for two years in the Middle East. I know full well of what injuries occur on the battlefield. I hope it won't get that bad here, but I'm aware that there are many locations here in the US, that will be that bad due to excessive gang activity and areas already prone to high crime rates.

A pocket book I think everyone on this site should have with them at all times is the "SAS Survival Guide" by John "Lofty" Wiseman. ISBN-10:0-06-084982-7. It covers much of what you'll need to know when typical resources become unavailable.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This guy was on Glen Beck 2 days ago. Like i've stated in other threads, Glen Beck puts guys on his show that no one else will. Even if you don't like the guy you can get info that you won't get elsewhere, especially on topics of the economy.

S & F....thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention OP

Actually, he is on TV shows all the time, and has been for years. He's like the "go to guy" for trends and such of the future. I'm not sure how often he talks about this particular topic, but I've seen him on many times in the past talking about different trends and such.

Glenn Beck blew his chance with me. As did all these suddenly fiscal conservatives. They are all full of it. For the next 3 years you are going to see the republican party "going back to it's roots". But as soon as they get into office again, it will be business as normal.

This is the exact same thing they did during the Clinton years. Talking about fiscal conservatism, anti-war and so on. And it's the same way with Democrats too. They were all about civil rights and such during both bushes, but then when Clinton was in office he totally ignored it, and Obama is still all about the Patriot Act and such.

So Glenn Beck and all these other so called "conservatives" missed their chance with me. They weren't very conservative when it actually mattered. They didn't have any problem degrading true conservatives, and they had no problem supporting the illegal actions of the politicians.

When they have a record of consistency like Ron Paul, then I listen. When they had the balls to stand up and say these things while the GOP was in office, then I listen.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by badmedia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join