It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues to the next terrorist attack in "A Beautiful Mind"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
Titian/ECK:

Thanks for the links. I'm going to go check them out soon.

I, too, have my questions about Alicia's possible complicity in this whole situation.

I'm beginning to really wonder if he was schizophrenic at all....

Alicia was at MIT also but I have not found anything mentioning her work/accomplishments yet. Makes you wonder for sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Although I saw the movie and was somewhat suspicious of certain aspects, I never really looked beyond it. So much to study, so little time. My curiosity is quite piqued now. And strangely, a good friend and fan of Nash was asking me awhile back if I wanted to read a book on Nash that he has. I forwarded him a copy of this thread and Titian's article. I'll have to chat him up about it later today. I'm wondering now if he had his own suspicions or knows something I don't - along the lines of this discussion.

It's much deeper than I had originially thought. I will have to go back and watch the movie again, for sure.

If Nash went to Europe and wanted to renounce his citizenship etc. etc. he may have been seen as a bigtime threat to powers that be (in the US), so they may have wammied him for that. Instead of killing him, they could have just induced his illness and trumpeted it, as to discredit him and his work.

Keep up the good work, Megapatriot.

...and fellow posters, too.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
EKC...was the Nobel Prize Nash's hush money?? I'm sure he might still know some things, but I think it is unlikely he would agree to talk about them now, and ruin the positive mystique throughout the country that was built up about him as a result of the movie.

Also, have you heard the "Nash as a homosexual" rumors??

Also, how close is this "close friend?" Do you mean he is a personal friend of John Nash's?? TIA.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

EKC...was the Nobel Prize Nash's hush money?? I'm sure he might still know some things, but I think it is unlikely he would agree to talk about them now, and ruin the positive mystique throughout the country that was built up about him as a result of the movie.

Also, how close is this "close friend?" Do you mean he is a personal friend of John Nash's?? TIA.

The homosexual rumors started when he was younger and wanted to crawl in bed with other males.

www.georgiasouthern.edu...

www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
The simple fact that this thread was spawned by a person who seems to be a paranoid agoraphobic, with conspirecy theory tendency's.

I just watched Die Hard 3, and it gave me clues to an attack:

1: There was a suitcase bomb in a park. That's the "what".

2. A riddle was, what's 21 out of 42. 21, or 2, 1.That's the "when". February 1st.

3. This took place in New York, and concluded on a boat. That's the "where".

So, a suitcase bomb will be placed on a boat in Ney York on February 1st.

OMG!!!!!

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

listen, you, you have no reason being on this message board if you won't let people have their own damn theories. conspiracies are always discovered, first, by theories. by a little bit of suspicion that something isn't as it seems.
and, you know, ATS points don't mean # unless you want an email or something. you really need to understand that.

though i have not seen the movie (i thought it looked dumb, heh) i think this is an amazing thread, very well done. it even persuaded me to watch it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great to hear that Gryffen,

Be sure to come back and tell me what you think...and be honest, you won't hurt my feelings if you think I'm all wet on this one.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That's a good question, MP. I truly do not know enough about this whole thing to comment on that. I suppose its possible, though. Maybe it was for him being a good boy and playing along?

Affirmative on that. He was supposedly a bisexual. The movie veered from reality by not going into that aspect of his personality.

Sorry - no, he doesn't know Nash. He's more of a follower of his work and a fellow brainiac.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh..one other thing for anyone looking into Nash....his middle name, Forbes: Anyone happen to know if there is any relationship here to Malcolm Forbes of the publishing empire (Steve's dad)??

The Forbes family in the Boston area back in the 1830-50s made their money running opium in "tea ships" into China from India. My point is that the Forbes family is likely very-well connected to the inner circles. Is Nash maybe a "black sheep" in that family?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't think there's any relation - I wondered that, myself.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
Sorry, but this thread is just dumb.

Deduct points, or do whatever, but someone had to say it.
And who are you? Oh, that's right... Nobody!

DC

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I find it more than a little interesting that Nash's father in law was a doctor who worked at a hospital that was ran by the government (in Maryland).

See his autobiography (titian's link).

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good point ECK, I had never picked up on that.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Does anybody happen to know exactly what (if anything) "Wheeler Labs" really was/is?? TIA.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Does anybody happen to know exactly what (if anything) "Wheeler Labs" really was/is?? TIA.

Wheeler Labs was at MIT. Nash worked there. It was was acquired by Hazeltine in 1959. I believe he was helping the US government with code problems during the Cold War there. I think it's related to, or the same thing as, Draper Labs. www.draper.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks Titian,

I'll check the link. When I did an internet seach for Wheeler Labs at MIT several months ago I came up empty. I did find that, in fact, it was the Rand Corporation that he worked for in real life, not Wheeler Labs as the movie states. Haven't checked your link yet though, going there now.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not much online about Wheeler. I found this in a movie review (I know ....)

"Nash gets a professorship at Wheeler Labs, a branch of MIT that is involved in defense work for the military. There he meets future wife Alicia (Connelly), and, after displaying his natural talents at code-breaking to Pentagon bigwigs, is drawn into a dark and dangerous world of counterespionage."

URL: www.cs.uu.nl...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Thanks Titian,

I'll check the link. When I did an internet seach for Wheeler Labs at MIT several months ago I came up empty. I did find that, in fact, it was the Rand Corporation that he worked for in real life, not Wheeler Labs as the movie states. Haven't checked your link yet though, going there now.

Thanks again.

Don't know about the Wheeler/Rand discrepancy but if you search the Draper Labs site for Nash you find several hits:

A thesis on his game theory
A street named after him
Something else (#e, what was it)

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Titian,

Did a site search for Wheeler Labs on the Draper Labs link you gave me and came up empty...4 questions for you:

1> Where did you get the information that he worked for Wheeler--just from the movie, or elsewhere?
2> Wasn't Hazeltine bought out by Halliburton?
3> What leads you to beleive there was a connection between Draper and Wheeler?
4> Do you have any evidence there ever was a Wheeler Labs at MIT?

TIA. (I really do appreciate your help here--don't be annoyed with my continual probing, O.K.?)

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Titian:

I think our last two posts "crossed in the mail". Please read my prior post and answer the four questions the best you can, O.K.? Thanks a million!

Best regards,

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Titian,

Did a site search for Wheeler Labs on the Draper Labs link you gave me and came up empty...4 questions for you:

1> Where did you get the information that he worked for Wheeler--just from the movie, or elsewhere?
2> Wasn't Hazeltine bought out by Halliburton?
3> What leads you to beleive there was a connection between Draper and Wheeler?
4> Do you have any evidence there ever was a Wheeler Labs at MIT?

TIA. (I really do appreciate your help here--don't be annoyed with my continual probing, O.K.?)

I went back to find my sources and I was surprised at what I found. I thought I was referencing a .edu site that was NOT a review. I think I assumed it to be authoritative and it was not. I've been looking for something else but nothing yet.

As for Haliburton buying Hazeltine I don't know. Oddly enough, in Google, a link to a sponsored link for an Iraqi company came up:

Sponsored Links

Al-Burhan Group
Iraqi Business & Trade Consultancy
& Agents for Industrial Equipment
www.AlBurhanGroup.com

I also found his website at Princeton but it's nothing neat, until you dig into his links. Enjoy: www.math.princeton.edu...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join