posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:38 AM
I too have become convinced that there is some kind of hidden apocalyptic message inside A Beautiful Mind, though how I came to this conclusion is
rather a long story.
As it happens, about 9 months ago I decided to partake of the mescaline containing cactus San Pedro. Keep reading please. During this experience I
somehow, in my weird mind state, began to watch A Beautiful Mind on my computer AND listen to the album "Kid A" by Radiohead AT THE SAME TIME.
Now, as I sat there watching and listening I very quickly realized that they SYNCH UP in an extremely uncanny way. The music matches the pictures and
general storyline perfectly.
Not only this, but after watching the whole thing through and being completely stunned at what I was seeing/hearing, I decided to watch it all again
only this tme I put Radiohead's album "amnesiac" on after "kid a" on the playlist so that the 2 albums played consecutively over the film.
I was stunned again, the second album synchs up with A Beautiful Mind just as perfectly as the first one.
I happen to believe that somehow Kid A, Amnesiac and A Beautiful Mind are MEANT to be watched in this way, the coincidences are so great.
Here's how to set it up, I urge you all to try this.
Load the 2 albums one after the other in a playlist in winamp (easiest). Kid A then Amnesiac. Then start "A Beautiful Mind", press play on winamp
when the Dreamworks logo/animation starts.
You have to start/stop it at the following moments:
1. Stop winamp at the end of "Idioteque".
2. Press play again at the start of Chapter 13.
3. Stop winamp when "Motion Picture Soundtrack" finishes.
4. Start it again at the beginning of Chapter 15
After that you can just let it play together.
There are several moments I can remember that blew me away when I saw it , however it's been a while and I have since lost the DVD. Here they
1. At the start when he notices that the reflection from the glass fits in with pattern on that other guy's tie, the song is "Everything in it's
right place". Seems to fit.
2. When "Big Brother" is showing him the video of the russian nuclear arms program, the lyrics of idioteque seem to match up: ie. "Who's in a
bunker? who's in a bunker?". "We're not scaremongering, This is really happening" etc.
3. When he is in the psychiatrists office and he is explaining to him that he is actually insane, the song "motion picture soundtrack" starts up and
the lyrics "i think you're crazy, maybe" seem to fit.
4. When he chases that imaginary person through the forest, and then is confronted by the imaginary army people. At that exact moment the song "You
And Whose Army?" starts up, with the lyrics "Come on, come on if you think you can drive me crazy". This part is freaky as hell.
5. When he realizes that the little girl is imaginary, and he is talking to the psychiatrist again, the song "I Might Be Wrong" seems to fit the
6. There is a scene near the end where he is kind of listlessly riding his bike in a figure of 8. The song "Like Spinning Plates" starts up and
seems to fit exactly.
I reccommend you watch the film the whole way through first and make yourself familiar with the albums before you do this.
After doing it you should have a good look at the booklets that come in the CD cases, as they provide more clues.