It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Anomalies in Innaguration Panoramic.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There's another thread essentially discussing the same "anomalies" in regards to the panorama. They're basically nothing more than a result of various still shots, taken at slightly different times, being merged together to create a seemingly single panoramic "image".

There are many throughout the "image" and all occur where more than one still shot is seamed to others.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Being a photo linked to an actual organization as opposed to a spectator photo definitely makes this a little more fishy in my mind. Much more likely that it is actually a photoshop.

It's some kind of digital photo mosaic taken frame by frame in a very small amount of time and you get bits in and out of focus and other anomalies

IMHO

[edit on 9-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Yes, I am thinking this aswell.
I have made panoramic pictures and it's not just one picture it is several.
These camera's went off at different times and when put together I would expect it to look like that.
But I'm no expert.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Evening, first post - long time reader of ATS

This photo-set was brought to my attention a couple of weeks ago and there are loads of weird anomolies in the photo from left to right/top to bottom it will be to do with the number of photos used to create the panoramic shot which have been cut down/overlaid to create the his res pan altho the same head different tie guy is very odd.

On another note if you look closely above and to the left (maybe right - cant check properly on a crappy 3g dongle) of bush' head theres a golden (ceptre? or) something to the bottom right of some steps, does anyone have anything on this, my friend highlighted it regarding symbolism, which i found strange as he usualy plays it all down as "blah blah" but he was more interested in that than anything ive ever shown him...

link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

but the question is WHY?

why that one man?

link   
reply to post by NephraTari

The guy is wearing a blue shirt, and what may look a little like a second tie, is just an illusion created by a bad splice. Look how his collar seems to be split, just like his headband (and head too!):

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

only the rear picture looks like it could be a blue shirt.. the front image the shirt looks White!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just to add to the splicing factor with the fella in the picture above his right (our left) arm is in an upright position however his hand is missing right along the splice where both the tie and collar have an anomali

It sorta looks like he has a diff colour tie on aswell to the left of the splice, but my guess is its the shadow from his jacket and thus this might explain the same head diff colour tie guy from the OP?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I think the color difference is an effect of the sunlight. The shirt looks more white where the sunlight hits it directly. Just like the part of the man's face that is in direct sunlight looks more pale.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

These are all "stitching" errors. The giga-pan holds a digital camera, the giga pan then takes pictures in rows and columns, which takes time. these individual picture are the "stitched" together to form one very large image. Nothing unusual here, they are all common defects found in most panoramas that are made this way.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phushion

This is possible and thank you for sharing feedback on this. I love it when longtime readers speak up and share their opinions. A proper ATS welcome to you.

Everything around him seems to be perfectly in place. That is why this one stands out so much to me. I doubt that he was the only subject in the shot that didn't line up.. everything else around him is in perfect harmony. I suppose it could all be tricks of light and perspective.. this one instance just seemed to stand out as more odd than the rest.

But that was why I was calling on any experts to clear it up.. that way we would know if that is normal for a panoramic.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

The guy is wearing a blue shirt, and what may look a little like a second tie, is just an illusion created by a bad splice. Look how his collar seems to be split, just like his headband (and head too!):

I agree. Perhaps the splice is not a sharp line, but a fuzzy line -- thus we see a fading-out jacket lapel over top of the shirt -- so it looks blue.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by ziggystar60

I agree. Perhaps the splice is not a sharp line, but a fuzzy line -- thus we see a fading-out jacket lapel over top of the shirt -- so it looks blue.

Heres my question though.

On this particular image, the seam is a perfect line and does not continue to the subject below or above. Would a motion blur do this? And if we were to assume there was a seam right there where images were stitched, why does it not effect anything above or below it, I cant believe out of all of those people standing above and below this guy, no one else moved during that moment in time the snap shots were made.

But yet if you look at the panorama shot for him above and below, there are no other anomalies.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I marked over 20 anomalies. Many were obviously splice offsets or double exposure artifacts.

A few are more unusual and may be subject to interpretation and i'm sure every one of them could be explained by an expert,

or NASA seems good at providing known causes for the more unusual artifacts. Ice crystals or reflections, other.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorGodOfThunder

And if we were to assume there was a seam right there where images were stitched, why does it not effect anything above or below it, I cant believe out of all of those people standing above and below this guy, no one else moved during that moment in time the snap shots were made.

But yet if you look at the panorama shot for him above and below, there are no other anomalies.

Yes, there is another anomaly above the man with the "split" head. Follow the stichline up to this blonde lady. She has moved her head between the shots. Either that, or she has some issues with facial hair.

Edit to add link to the panorama image:
gigapan.org...

[edit on 9/2/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
LOL

Cousin Its good looking twin???

I see that now, thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The stills are logged to a computer that uses scripts to match each still in the matrix of shots producing the panoramic shot you see. The computer also has the ability to fill a space or seam with what it thinks is the colour, shape and texture of the part that is missing.

Remembering most people there would be moving to one degree or another the computer can place the wrong colour or shape in the missing part of the splice.

The usual cause of miss-matched hue or shape in panoramas is having to use a fast shutter speed. ( Why they didnt just shout.." Ok everyone keep still for the cameras please, is beyond me ..

Hope this info helps.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Have you looked into Microsoft Photosynth?

It's a program that composes all kinds of photos of the same event together into a 3-d view.

It's also the same program that was used to compose the images taken from the inaguration.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I guess the real error is assuming that this is "one" shot.
This is a series of photos that are pasted together in
photoshop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join