It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at Area 52 not 51! Gigantic Silo door

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
That whole area.
Is littered with the weirdest freaky stuff.
Imagine if one was allowed to go exploring there.
You would never leave you would keep finding stuff

That's if you didn't get fried by some nuclear stuff first.
Some of the shapes on the ground, like where the graders have graded out an outcrop for like a surface to air missile for testing.
They have been graded in the strangest shapes, that look even like crop circles.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

I think you are on to something. When I typed "36.561713, -116.033470" into the Google Earth search function it placed my search result at "36.334216, -116.020049."

Is this a glitch in the program, or deliberate obfuscation to misdirect the casual searcher ? There is no way to know, but I find it interesting.

Probably a conversion from decimal degrees to degrees/minutes/seconds. For example, 36 degrees, 33 minutes, 42.16 seconds equates to 36.56171 degrees. So it could be that you expect one thing and Google Earth expects the other.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Im going to have to go with not a silo or horizontal hanger door. It most likely is an older hard target that was used pre-gps guided bombs and missiles. The reasoning behind it being so big is that they wanted to make sure they hit the target and when first learning to use a manual drop site for the bombs its easier to hit something large rather than something small. The yellow is to make the target stand out more so the bombadier can see it better. Learning on a larger target was easier and boosted the confidence of the bombadier when you nailed it. Therefore motivating him to move onto smaller and smaller targets.
For one, this is not a horizontal hanger or silo or even a radar dish.

Radar Dish
No, you can clearly see that the tiling is concrete not tiles used for a dish

Horizontal Hanger / Silo
Simply put, for those looking for something out of the ordinary its easy to say that this object is that. However, if you look closely you can see that the object is pretty much flush with the ground, therefore sliding doors isnt likely. Next, there are no visible hinges around the object therefore lifting doors splitting however they would isnt likely. Last, you can see that this is a solid object there are no visible areas where the "door" would come apart to open. All of the concrete tiles are evenly spaced throughout the entire object. If this were a door there would be a difference in the spacing where the door would "come apart" to open. Plus, most hanger doors and silo doors are laid as a whole not in tile form as this appears to be.

Conclusion, this is a hard site where bombadiers practiced dropping bombs from pre-gps era missiles and bomb sites.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey guys, I was checking out this silo door stuff, and decided to look around a bit. I found something a bit odd and really out of place in the same general area, it is south of the original coordiates. It is some type of facility which is in the shape of a crude drawing of our sun (thats the best I can describe it.) There is also a weird looking area to the north east of the star that has railroad tracks and a full train, and some oddly placed buildings and cleared areas. Please check it out. I dont mean to hyjack your thread, but I do not know if this area is still considered part of Nellis and Area 52, but since it is pretty close I assume it is.

The area I am talking about is located at:

37°24'5.00"N 116°52'3.91"W

Here is a picture of the star that I am talking about.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/97e4b6be67cdd8fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Those are targets on the Nevada Test and Training Range. The "sun" or "Star of David" is a simulated surface-to-air-missile (SAM) site. These targets have been discussed elsewhere on ATS. They are used during realistic warfare training exercises such as Red Flag.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
TTR is now Creech AFB.

Ummm...no. Indian Springs is now Creech AFB.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Then at night it opens up and their experimental UFOS fly out of it.....

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Those are targets on the Nevada Test and Training Range. The "sun" or "Star of David" is a simulated surface-to-air-missile (SAM) site. These targets have been discussed elsewhere on ATS. They are used during realistic warfare training exercises such as Red Flag.

I figured as much just based on their placement in missle range. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fry

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join