It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at Area 52 not 51! Gigantic Silo door

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Tonopah Test Range, also known as Area 52, is a military installation located about 30 miles southeast of Tonopah, Nevada. It is part of the northern fringe of the Nellis Range and is inaccessible to the public. The Tonopah Test Range measures 625 miles² in size. Tonopah Test Range is located about 70 miles northwest of Groom Dry Lake, home of the Area 51 facility. Like the Groom Lake facility, Tonopah is a site of interest to conspiracy theorists, though mostly for its use of experimental and classified aircraft. As such, it is not the focus of alien enthusiasts, unlike its neighbor. It is also used for launching sounding rockets.

Now that you know what it is id like to pose a question. i was google earthing like many of us to in our bored time, and i happen to REfind something i saw long ago but was so convinced i saw it at area 51 i never found it again and it was only 70 miles from area 51. Just northeast of the tonopah aircraft test range and just south of the dried lake bed at "lat 37°50'0.58"N" and "long 116°43'37.56"W" there is a mystery object which is 264 yard wide or .15 miles long or if u like 792 feet. althought what i think it is has got to be impossible im open to find out what it really is. this object to me looks like a gigantice silo/hangar doorway both because of its shape and the caution coloring along what looks like the center of the object in question. just thought id bring this up since no one ever talks about area 52 its always area 51 open your eyes to the surrounding area

post edited to add pics

[edit on 8-2-2009 by JustInCase101]

[edit on 8-2-2009 by JustInCase101]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
nice find!

personally I lost interest in area 51 years ago due to its high profile. It seems that you may have actually found something though. The second pic looks like an opening of some sort anyway.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
yeah the second pic is a zoom in of the gray circle below the dry lakebed for the life of me i can figure out what is it lol

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This does appear to be a Horizontal Hangar Door. If it is, it can either be a Hangar Door which contains an Aircraft Elevator, for flight purposes, or it can be a Silo Door which conceals an Elevator Controlled Launch-Pad.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
nice find, it definitely looks like a door.

whats the location of this?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I can see how many of you say it looks like a door, but when I first looked at it, it looked like a landing pad for jets/helicopters. Nobody can really know what it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I should also add it that the photos COULD BE ALSO looked at
as showing the public face of a giant (AND powerful) antennae!

But where does it point to and how powerful is it?

The tiling I see within the concrete could be individual plates
for a phase array antennae that contains grids of cable
or other sensors to form a grid (or array) of radio
frequency detectors OR emitters that is either be
VERY sensitive in RF detection at various frequencies
or a VERY POWERFUL emitter that is similar to the
HAARP - High Altitude Active Auroral Research Program
antenna based in Alaska which can be used to heat
parts of the ionosphere to be used as a RF lens to direct
high power RF energy to anywhere on the planet
using it as DEEP ground-penetrating radar or as
a directed energy weapons system!

What do YOU think?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It looks like a BIG landing pad to me. If you compare it to the buildings down the road this thing is pretty big for a helicopter.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
yes it is. very big. maybe it wouldnt be used for just single incomming craft, and maybe more for a staging area ?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JustInCase101

Tonopah Test Range Odds and Ends

That is the hard target. They do drop tests at the TTR. Also check out
TTR

The TTR is considered to be jointly run by the DOE and the USAF, though it seems the USAF really run the place. DOE (Sandia) runs the gear for flight monitoring. Al around the range are cinetheodolites to film aircraft or objects dropped from aircraft.

Further south, the USAF flies aircraft over foreign radar systems. In the day, the aircraft are always conventional. At night, who knows.

So there are two known functions of the TTR. The rest is subject to much speculation. Among the many stories regarding the TTR, one that seems to make sense is that they test new engines and/or fuel mixtures there. Engine testing is generally done on some plane that can get off the ground with one engine not functioning. [Remember, the engine is under test, so you can't rely on it.] N747GE is a civilian aircraft often seen doing such testing. Nobody has photographed a plane flying at the TTR close enough to see a tweaked engine.

Next up, they could be testing experimental avionics at the TTR. Again, this is something that could be done with less security than Area 51. Often avionics under development is put very conventional aircraft. N757A was recently spotted over the Nellis range, which might signal new avionics for the plane.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the info really apreciate it so after all it is just a big cement paneled target? thats an awefully big target and why the stripe across it?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JustInCase101

That target is pretty old. In the day, the accuracy of the drop wouldn't be as good as the GPS or laser guided weapons we have today. So my guess is they really really wanted to make sure they hit the target rather than have to dig the test object out of the ground.

I'm not entirely sure how the hard target was used. It is very likely this target is used for testing in relation to delivering nuclear weapons, and in particular, the B-61 (a "laydown" delivery)
B-61
I'd say how the hard target was used is in itself a research project.

There is a funny "drain" on the TTR. It is very visible in the first photograph on this page:
TTR pano

The TTR is what you call a gray area. The place isn't exactly public, but it is not in the black either. Information is out there, or could be requested in a FOIA if you know where to start. In many ways, it is more interesting than Area 51 because you can at least get a few clues as to what happens at the TTR. Area 51 happenings are the subject of endless speculation. If it wasn't for the Roadrunners dumping actual facts, there would little truth about the area in the public domain.

Road Runners

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Any idea what this structure is? It's SW of area 51....nice, standard issue DOD double fence design, plenty of lights.

i735.photobucket.com...

Or how about a nice secret entrance into the side of the mountain.

i735.photobucket.com...

I spend way too much to much time playing with Google Earth and frequently search for all the secret stuff. Found some good stuff in Australia last night, I'll post the links later.

Slinky

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hey slinky although with new photos you should start ur own post. but i will comment on them. the first one i cant tell looks like it could be a transmiter area or radar. the second photo is just your standard out of the way bunker.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

Item one is the DAF. Any time you see double fencing, think kill zone.
DAF

For the second item, I think that is a tunnel entrance, but I need to do a bit more research. I have a map of the NTS here:
www.lazygranch.com...

I don't think there is much of the NTS that can be seen from the outside (google earth) that the public information officer won't tell you. Well, except for that secret paved runway that was added to Yucca Lake.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlinkyDFW
Any idea what this structure is? It's SW of area 51....nice, standard issue DOD double fence design, plenty of lights.

i735.photobucket.com...

Or how about a nice secret entrance into the side of the mountain.

i735.photobucket.com...

I spend way too much to much time playing with Google Earth and frequently search for all the secret stuff. Found some good stuff in Australia last night, I'll post the links later.

Slinky

I think you are on to something. When I typed "36.561713, -116.033470" into the Google Earth search function it placed my search result at "36.334216, -116.020049."

Is this a glitch in the program, or deliberate obfuscation to misdirect the casual searcher ? There is no way to know, but I find it interesting.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
hey op.....i gotta ask.....

why is the vertical "zoom" tool, the one with + and -, at the mid-point on both pictures......

just wondering......

eh?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
honestly i dont know just how my google earth works i guess? i use the mouse scroll to zoom in and out maybe its a glitch in this version of google earth?

just checked the slide bar only moves when u use it and it returns to center once u stop zooming in or out

edit to check it out

[edit on 9-2-2009 by JustInCase101]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by prjct

I have Google Earth Pro 4 and the zoom slider graphic on mine stay at the same place too. I can be zoomed in all the way and the little arrow thing never moves up and down.

I don't have any problem w/ the lat. and long., it goes right there for me.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
TTR is now Creech AFB.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join