It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret: Proof of History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I assume that most of us have seen or heard of the movie: The Secret.
A very insprational video, about the law of attraction.
I am trying to do some research, to proof the secret for myself.
But Id like to see proof of the secret through history.
They say things like the lamp of aladin, used to not be just 3 wishes, but unlimted, hinting viva la Law of Attraction.
Where can I read this?

And where can I find other valid info about the secret, through history.

Thank, for all help.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFearless

The "secret" is half of the secret. The other half was with-held to placate our materialistic consumer urges in order reach a broader audience. In doing so they completely hide the secret within the secret. Such as all religions do.

They spin it as a means to attain "anything". If you want that new job/car/gf/bf you just think about it a few times throughout they day and tell yourself to be open and positive to all possibilities and eventually.. BAM.. your higher self presents you with what you wanted.

You're supposed to want nothing. A "want" is what ties you to this material plane and keeps you from being part of your higher self. You should close your eyes and picture exactly what you want in you hands. Open them and there it is. NOTHING.

Only then through that nothingness will you realize that you already had everything, now you can actually talk with your higher self and are ready for the true difficulty of the secret, "Living it". Integrating it into your daily life in a world with material attractions around every corner as well as still being tied to this material world as an individual with an ego is an extremely hard task that relies on "faith" in yourself and your new understanding of life.

It's tough and anyone that tells you its a mean for attaining "things" or "success" has yet to understand it.

Peace

[edit on 8-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

So, are you saying that the other half of the secret is NOTHING????

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is an intresting theory, thank for sharing.
But you say you must see you have nothing, and from the nothing, comes something.
Cam you share more? Or post a website, with more about this. Thanks

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Yes.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes?
So explain please?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
People who suffer do to their ignorance always try to invent mystical reasons for it, or mystical ways to change it.

That is the proof of history. The mind of man wants an explination and will create it from thin air.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

There is an excellent thread in this very forum dealing with the Law of Attraction. You may wish to peruse it for any hidden gems.

How the Law of Attraction works

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Well I have alot of nothing, lots to go around...now how do I convert that into something???

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well, its more of an understanding than an explanation. If you've read "Siddhartha" its similar to that, in that its your path and me just saying "everything is nothing" is just as ridiculous as it sounds.

Its an understanding/paradigm that's as old as man himself. You can read online about the various ancient civilizations understanding of zero and "order out of chaos". The Mandelbrot fractal and its implications in regards to cosmology are also a good start. If you're looking for more of a mainstream approach to this you can read "Beyond Einstein" by Dr.Michio Kaku (chapter : Everything From Nothing).

At the end of the day you could read all your life and still just look at "everything from nothing" as being as ridiculous as it sounds, or you could have the epiphany that so few do and struggle with implementing it into your day to day life.

Edgar Mitchell (apollo 14) has a bumper sticker that reads "The truth shall set you free, but first it will make your life hell". There is a guy that gets it.

Just remember that, anyone saying its easy and will bring you success does not get it.

Peace

top topics

join