It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico drug gangs threaten cops on radio, kill them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Mexico drug gangs threaten cops on radio, kill them

www.reuters.com

TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) - Mexican drug gangs near the U.S. border are breaking into police radio frequencies to issue chilling death threats to cops which they then carry out, demoralizing security forces in a worsening drug war.

"You're next, bastard ... We're going to get you," an unidentified drug gang member said over the police radio in the city of Tijuana after naming a policeman.

The man also threatened a second cop by name and played foot-stomping "narcocorrido" music, popular with drug cartels, over the airwaves.

"No one can help them," an officer named Jorge said of his threatened colleagues as he heard the threats in his patrol car.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So add this to the growing number of threads on ATS documenting the fall of the Mexican state.

But it's worth noticing it's all low level violence. The gangs aren't going after high federal officials, just the police and other elements that stand in their way.

Once members of the Mexican federal government are murdered in numbers, how long will it be before the U.S. is requested to send in troops to keep law and order? Will our National Guard soon become the police force of northern Mexico?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
what i want to know is why the hell mexico is so big on gangs? these people are infiltrating LA/AZ/ and texas and no one gives a crap about it. when is america going to wake up and say TO HELL WITH MEXICO. i do not want these people in my country.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What we need are some Sharks with laser beams strapped on their heads patrolling the boarder.
The problem is that you don't know who is out there while patrolling. It could be a family seeking a better life or a murdering gang. So you cant shoot first and ask questions later.
The gangs however will shoot first.
Maybe the US should start a joint task force with the Mexican govt specifically designed to hunt down Mexican gangs.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Darkice19]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
What we need are some Sharks with laser beams strapped on their heads patrolling the boarder.
The problem is that you don't know who is out there while patrolling. It could be a family seeking a better life or a murdering gang. So you cant shoot first and ask questions later.
The gangs however will shoot first.
Maybe the US should start a joint task force with the Mexican govt specifically designed to hunt down Mexican gangs.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Darkice19]

most of the mexican military/police are corrupt and are working with gangs

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
what i want to know is why the hell mexico is so big on gangs? these people are infiltrating LA/AZ/ and texas and no one gives a crap about it. when is america going to wake up and say TO HELL WITH MEXICO. i do not want these people in my country.

usually i'd give a smarmy arsed quote about paranoid Americans, but in this case you're absolutely right. You don't need drug dealing, murdering scum on your doorstep. You have every right to be worried.

Just be careful not to fall afoul of general sweeping assumptions that every Mexican is bad. Not that i assume you do, but many will.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

usually i'd give a smarmy arsed quote about paranoid Americans, but in this case you're absolutely right. You don't need drug dealing, murdering scum on your doorstep. You have every right to be worried.

Just be careful not to fall afoul of general sweeping assumptions that every Mexican is bad. Not that i assume you do, but many will.

Peace

i dont want any of them in my country. i want immigration in general stopped. we have enough people here as it is, soon we are going to let the wrong ones in whether it be legally or not. the issue south of the border right now is amazing. look at how well protected israel was when it put up its giant wall. terrorist attacks went from 500 deaths a year to i think i read about 10 deaths a year. walls do work and it has been proven time and time again to keep the bad ones out. i do not care if it is an innocent mexican trying to better their way of life, they have no right and are breaking the law when they come into our country. they should man up and start a revolution if they are sick and tired of their government

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
so it's about nationality and not humanity?

I dunno if i can take your side on this one, as starting a revolution is not that easy. (see: history of the human race).

Maybe they're worried that they'll be beheaded? Which in essence is exactly the same worry you have right?

What give you the right to say they should do this, and they should do that, when you're afraid of the same enemy.

Would you wanna go back to that mess and 'man up'?

No offence, i seriously and honestly see your side of the coin, i just don't agree with the principle that every mexican should be exported, just as a result of crimes commited by the same race. That is how division and isolation and xenophobia are formed.

Suspicion is not a bad thing, but open your heart a little man. People are people. If people in your town/city started murdering everyone, threatening businesses and communities and everything you hold dear, and you had one option of finding a safer place, or 'manning up' and taking on the government / gangs / police, I dare say you'd take the former option.....

Right?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

they should man up and start a revolution if they are sick and tired of their government

I ALMOST got through your entire post without feeling annoyed enough to respond, but that right there, took the cake.

"they should man up and start a revolution!" says the armchair general behind his computer screen in his freedom loving, right protecting country.

Yeah, lets go tell these dirt poor Mexican innocents to man up and start a revolution. They might be willing to sacrifice, if they had a damn thing in their possession to sacrifice. You want them to start a revolution, why don't you go arm them, and supply them, with your money?

They aren't some rich white colonists who are pissed off about their tea taxes being too high. These are dirty poor, third world country, just barely getting by, innocent people, who are stuck around a complex criminal organization making huge profits on drug sales here in America. The same gang which is actively hunting down law enforcement officials, who are armed, and trained, to deal with threats to the law.

You want a group of dirt poor, innocent, broke people to go start a revolution against a well funded, complex, violent criminal organization, that is more than willing to hunt down official police officers?

Why not just tell them to commit suicide instead?

[edit on 7-2-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Send the fricking army. Or nuke Tijuana... Tijuana is a *SNIP* anyway.

Seriously, this is out of control. The gangs are running wild in northern Mexico... good job War On Drugs, you overdid yourself.

LEGALISE DRUGS and put a wall on the border... but the government won't do a thing about it since they are making money off of it in drugs and in the prison cartel.

Mexico needs a revolution, like the USA. But this is no small business, especially when the CIA/US government is helping that corrupt government staying in power.

The situation for the average mexican must be very hard. They are good people, just like most of the world. Corruption have taken over their country.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by Vitchilo]

Mod Edit: No Profanity please

[edit on 2/8/09 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
so it's about nationality and not humanity?

I dunno if i can take your side on this one, as starting a revolution is not that easy. (see: history of the human race).

Maybe they're worried that they'll be beheaded? Which in essence is exactly the same worry you have right?

What give you the right to say they should do this, and they should do that, when you're afraid of the same enemy.

Would you wanna go back to that mess and 'man up'?

No offence, i seriously and honestly see your side of the coin, i just don't agree with the principle that every mexican should be exported, just as a result of crimes commited by the same race. That is how division and isolation and xenophobia are formed.

Suspicion is not a bad thing, but open your heart a little man. People are people. If people in your town/city started murdering everyone, threatening businesses and communities and everything you hold dear, and you had one option of finding a safer place, or 'manning up' and taking on the government / gangs / police, I dare say you'd take the former option.....

Right?

the crime rate in illegal mexican immigrants is very high. there were stats in LA county that 95% of murder warrants are for illegal immigrants.
i dont feel they have any right to be in this country. my great grand parents had to come here legally on a ship in the early 1900's and did it the right way, these people should too.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Not that I'm in favor of illegal immigrants swarming into the country like a plague of locusts but I know many Mexicans who feel they are just taking back THEIR country.

They do have some legitimate claim and while some of us may think that a defeated and conquered (and ousted) people should just "get over it", I doubt they feel that way.

My main concern with the hordes of illegals coming over here from Mexico is that it violates basic warcraft 101. You don't let people from another country into yours when you're at war with ANY country. It's just stupid.

I'm sure the Sec. of Defense is well aware of this basic preventive practice which tells me that the invasion is intended, not accidental.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by Swatman

Not that I'm in favor of illegal immigrants swarming into the country like a plague of locusts but I know many Mexicans who feel they are just taking back THEIR country.

They do have some legitimate claim and while some of us may think that a defeated and conquered (and ousted) people should just "get over it", I doubt they feel that way.

My main concern with the hordes of illegals coming over here from Mexico is that it violates basic warcraft 101. You don't let people from another country into yours when you're at war with ANY country. It's just stupid.

I'm sure the Sec. of Defense is well aware of this basic preventive practice which tells me that the invasion is intended, not accidental.

it is no longer theirs. territory taken in war is fair game. they lost it so long ago. plus, they should worry about keeping the land they have now, it seems they cant even handle that.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Seems we can't keep our own either. We are being overrun by illegal Mexicans after all. We're losing jobs and a lot more to these people.

We're all in this sinking boat together.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Yeah, but you have a much bigger problem than illegal immigrants right now. Mexico is what the US will be when the US government is over with the country, and worse because of the police state.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn

But it's worth noticing it's all low level violence. The gangs aren't going after high federal officials, just the police and other elements that stand in their way.

There was a private plane crash right in the middle of Mexico City the same day that it was announced that Obama had won.
Anyway, the Secretary of Interior, who would be considered as the Vice-President was killed in it, along with other 8 people including some high-ranking ex-cop. The official statement was that it was an accident, but no one believes it, it is thought that it was some kind of vengeance by the drug cartels.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

They are infiltrating the USA because it is the best costumer they have to sell drugs to.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

i dont want any of them in my country. i want immigration in general stopped. ........ they have no right and are breaking the law when they come into our country....

What about the ones who enter legally? From the very start, as any other person who applies for a visa.
Do you feel the same way about them?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Unfortunately the politicians love the illegals.

They would rather have Mexican illegals ruining cities and bankrupting states then running the risk of losing the Hispanic vote.

We are so screwed....

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

i dont feel they have any right to be in this country. my great grand parents had to come here legally on a ship in the early 1900's and did it the right way, these people should too.

So they should only come to the US on boats?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join