It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thank you for raising this issue. It is something that I thought off myself on many occasions.

As this is a conspiracy site I will stick to what I believe is the main conspiracy is in these times; and that is the destruction of Christianity. Jesus himself predicted this.

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.... If they persecuted Me they will persecute you... for they do not know the One who sent Me." John 15:19-21.

Now I'm not saying that these are the end times or anything like that for no can know the hour or the day but it seems to be logical that the further we go from the time of Christs life on earth that the closer we come to his return, and therefore as Satan is the prince of this world his influence grows more and more as we await Christs return.

Satan's world is one of desire and as we can see this world is ruined by desire - desire for power, sex and money leads to crime, poverty, hunger, pedophilia, prostitution, war, environmental destruction and corruption by the those who do not love their neighbors as themselves. This desire can start at an individual level and move all the way up to a national level.

As Satan's influence grows so do these traits in humanity and our world. As these traits can be very seductive and are much easier to be succumb to then resist ,therefore more people fall into this trap of satisfying their physical desires and therefore sin.

Christ demanded that we all should reject desire - by rejection of this desire we reject Satan and all of his evils and therefore this is the salvation of humanity. By removing desire for all of the above mentioned we save the world from all of the ills it is currently consumed by.

Now God understood that for humanity this is a big deal and while under constant attack by Satan and therefore temptation to indulge our desires/sin we can never be totally free from sin in this world and therefore can never be saved. Therefore he sent his only son into this world to teach us how. God's only son was sacrificed in this world by sin. Those (including Satan) who did not want to give up their power, their desires had him killed. They chose this world. But Christ through his resurrection showed that sin only leads to death. God leads to eternal life. A life focused on God means no desire; for our desires are filled by him. With no other desire other than God, then there is no more war, famine, hunger etc.

However, Christians who accept this must reject desire and therefore this world, for Satan is prince of this world. Those who are of this world live in the power of Satan and therefore fulfill their desires. Christianity is a frightening prospect for them as it involves giving up the satisfying of their desires which most people do not want to do.

However, people realize there is something wrong with this world and do reach out to find something better. Often they are misled and misguided in what they reach for usually again by Satan. The choose, aliens, psychics, spirit guides, transcendental ,meditation etc. Anyone who has done any study into demonology and exorcism can see what these things lead to - e.g. " an exorcists story by Father Gabriel Amorth".

Until Christs return, Christians will be attacked and those attacks will grow each day until that happens. People would rather choose the easy path rather then the one of self sacrifice in the now for the eternal good. They choose easier belief systems, e.g. aliens who created us, who will come back, make everything better so that I don't have to change. To any who believe this ask this question, How can a man who lived 2000 years ago, before media etc was invented; to this day, in the age of globalization and mass communication have made more impact then any other human being ever; whose words have such truth they change utterly many peoples lives if he holds no truth or power?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

I do have a baseball

Christ saved me from a life of addiction - nothing else did or nothing else has ever kept me clean.

Me and at least countless thousands.

Thats bigger then any baseball

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by thehumbleone
What do you hope to achieve by trying to destroy peoples faith?

Can you tell me one evil thing Jesus taught? Name one.

Do his teachings not show humanity how to love above all? Love your neighbor as yourself, and love God with all you heart, soul, mind and strength.

Please help me see the deception because I do not see it.

What would you have to gain by allowing people to blindly believe something false that has been used to manipulate and deceive them?

Yes... one thing..

Here is a great summery a good friend of mine posted up.. he says it much better than I could:

"Yes, there was something Jesus did, which I wish he had not done, because it does
not represent well the People he belonged to.

Once a Gentile Canaanite mother was crying after him, asking for her daughter to be cured, and Jesus would not give a damn to her. His disciples told him to do something for that woman or discard her, because she was making them go crazy with her no-stop crying.

What did Jesus say? I haven't come for Gentiles but ONLY for the House of Israel. Then, kept on going and the woman kept on crying and following him.

When he couldn't take any longer, he stopped and told her: Hey, listen, what do you want from me? To cure my daughter Master. No way, I cannot take of the food of the children and throw it unto the dogs.

He meant the Jews for the children, and the Gentiles for the dogs. But only after the woman understood and recognized her condition of dog, by saying that the dogs also feed from the crumbles that fall from the table of the children, Jesus saw that he would never get rid of that woman. So, he changed his mind and cured her
daughter. Then, to erase a little the impression left on her for being forced to recognize her doggy condition, he mentioned something about her strong faith and left.

That was terrible, if we can imagine what that poor woman went through till she got
what she wanted. The text is in Matthew 15:21-28."

So, you tell me.... does that show humanity how to love each other?

This was done to test her faith and she passed it and was blessed. It was meant as a lesson to everyone that just because we don't get what we pray for the first time we ask, that we shouldn't just give up...also there was a lesson of humility in it and the woman passed it as well.

I barely post here because there is so much Christian bashing. Sign of the times...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by ahimsa]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

No merely a junkie who was once more seduced by desire.

No more then you now seem to desire more wine ha ha.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by count66

Hi, what about all the people the Christian Church killed after it was formed in the name of Christ?

Where does such organizations get their power in this world which is not of his kingdom during a time when they are supposed to be the ones getting persecuted, not doing the persecutions themselves?

Why is it that it is supposed to be attacked for 2000 years, but many believe only recently has it really started to get attacked?

If you look at your own religion, you will see that all the things you say will happen have already happened. Can we deny that these things have in fact happened? Can we deny that for for the past 1600 years the Christian religion has been the one who has carried these persecutions out?

Can we deny the paganism holidays, traditions and rituals within the religion?

Am I the only one who finds it odd that in 1 sentence a person is claiming that Christianity as a religion is on the rise, while at the same time claiming that the majority of people will be deceived and that true Christians will be persecuted? Do such things not make alarm bells go off in your head?

Read Psalm 82. How long will you judge unjustly and accept the wicked? How long will you will in darkness before you realize ALL foundations of the earth, Christianity included, is out of course?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D

Originally posted by count66
Christ saved me from a life of addiction - nothing else did or nothing else has ever kept me clean.

Hah! So you were a junkie who didn't have self control. Congrats. Can you introduce me to Christ? I have a crapload of tap water, and I need it turned to wine pronto.

And that's still no baseball. I'm asking for the baseball and you give me nothing.

If you want to see the baseball, then look in the mirror at the one you are already holding. And then run and hide from it again as usual.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
- changed my mind.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Annee]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

where did I say Chrisitanity is on the rise?

Also, on your other points, please read what Jesus said would happen in his name

Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

These false prophets in many instances called themselves Christians. Just like many massed murders called themselves atheists, e.g. Pol Pot, Mao, Hitler etc.

Of course Satan can influence anything of this world - its up to the individual Christian to follow his own conscience as guided by God. In fact if you read around you will see how many true saints etc were despised by their own so called Christians.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

[edit on 7-2-2009 by count66]

[edit on 7-2-2009 by count66]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, but I agree with the OP. I constantly see Christianity under attack on ATS.

I think that is a by-product of the crowd that ATS attracts. You don't have the average citizen here, and the average citizen...is of the Christian/Catholic faith. I consider myself a new-ageish person...does this make me a part of the devil's plan? I am evil? No I'm not, and I can back that up with fact. It's hilarious what Christians come up with sometimes, and it's as EQUALLY hilarious as what New-Agers come up with. We both don't have a right to bash another's beliefs, as they are what we believe in. They are what we worship/pray to/etc.

What I do hate, however, is when Christians push their stuff down your throat, and let's be honest here; they do that from time to time. I have never seen one New-Age, Jewish, Buddhist, etc...(save for Islam) push their beliefs on another. Muslims vs. Christians is another story. It's like we're locked into a battle between two idiots that want to scream loudest. From my philosophy, I side with Christians as they rarely resort to violence to get their point across, and mainly just stick with annoying the hell out of you.

Edit To Add: And we both don't have the slightest idea as to what the afterlife holds. There is a good possiblity, that the afterlife is based on the beliefs we held dearest and true during life itself.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by DocEmrick]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by count66

where did I say Chrisitanity is on the rise?

Also, on your other points, please read what Jesus said would happen in his name

Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

These false prophets in many instances called themselves Christians. Just like many massed murders called themselves atheists, e.g. Pol Pot, Mao, Hitler etc.

Of course Satan can influence anything of this world - its up to the individual Christian to follow his own conscience as guided by God. In fact if you read around you will see how many true saints etc were despised by their own so called Christians.

I didn't mean to say that you said it was on the rise directly. Sorry if it appeared that way. I wasn't trying to project something on to you. But I'm pretty sure it is on the rise, and people all across the world are free to go around converting people. And this is something Jesus also talks about with the Pharisees, who will travel the seas for a single convert.

I see the things Jesus says will happen in his name in the church. Does Paul not arise claiming to be a prophet of Jesus? Does Paul not appeal to the Romans and political powers? Does Paul not build up to the authority of this world? Does Paul not say it is the duty to create governments and so on? Paul makes up 50% of the NT, more than the other disciples who actually walked with Jesus combined.

What happens directly after this church is formed under the new testament? We enter into the dark ages. Where many people are killed as heretics if they do not go along with the "new religion in the name of Christ". The Christian religion is a new religion since the times of Jesus. Jesus did not call his followers Christians, he called them Jews. They were Jewish, not christian. Even at the time it was considered to be just a jewish sect.

You might enjoy this topic on the subject of Hitler and others.

Sheeps clothing = symbolism and idols.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I think Jesus is telling the truth, so we are in agreement there. But I believe that the deception has been going on for a long time, and those who are looking for it to happen still have missed it. Think about it. If the majority are to be deceived, then it won't be easy to see.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My personal belief is Jesus came to tear down the corrupt priests of the Jewish temple, and the fake, man made authority, and the next great teacher will come to tear down the worlds religions, and their false authority, and replace it with a message against man made authorities, and that God is inside all things, and that there are no divisions, but the delusional divisions caused by false belief.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
[edit on 7-2-2009 by YeshuaWarrior]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

OK first vid did not work.
Hope this works.
If so PLAY LOUD!
if not I give up.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No need for apologies.

I just misunderstood you - my fault.

I agree with what you say - I myself have struggled with Paul a lot of the time and to be honest I'm still undecided.

I think he really believed and that he spoke a lot of Truth - even the apostles accepted his chastisement on occasion, e.g. Peter.

But in saying that he was a man under huge persecution and stree at the time and I believe often had to use human methods and therefore failings in trying to achieve what he was trying to achieve.

Therefore I think that it is possible that he made mistakes in his teachings for he was human ;as and is all the church that followed and therefore their mistakes also.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out

But to stick to the Thread - I agree that there are threads that attach other religions but for some reason Christianity is particularly strongly attached and my belief is that this is due to the message of Christianity as the power of human desire and Satans influence grows in this world.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
the reason i hate christianity:

i was raised by, and live in a society largely controlled by, christians. these people absolutely LOVE to make up rules and even Laws about what i can and cannot, should and should not be doing with my life. i take this very controlling behavior as a personal offense.

christians condition their children, and thus are themselves conditioned, to not think a process through. the "word of god" is enough to determine a course of action. this unthinking approach to life becomes deeply seated, such that the average christian goes through life giving very little thought to anything at all: christianity disengages the mind.

if you think i am making too broad of generalizations, consider this recent thread about circumcision: why would god want man's foreskin?

...just one of a great many offences that has been committed by unthinking christians. (if any replies to this post tempt me, i am prepared to post an exhaustive list of such offences.)

christians are ALL liars. they are ALL hypocrites. they are ALL of them sinners themselves whom are ALL going to the same hell that they damn everyone else to.

i hate christianity. i hate everything about it.

if i knew how, i would end it. debunking, as pointless as it is, is necessary to that end.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I think "hate" is a pretty strong term to use here. I agree with pretty much everything you have said, but you can't just plainly "hate" these people for being ignorant. They've bought into a belief system just as others have, and follow it. How they choose to follow it is irrelevant to the actual system itself. The system of Christianity promotes good-actions, kindness, etc JUST AS ALL OTHER RELIGIONS DO . Where your "hate" stems from, is the over-zealousness of Christianity, where they think they are superior to all of the other religions...meanwhile, they themselves are so blinded by their own beliefs that they fail to see the similarities between their own system and various other systems.

As for them being hypocrites, this is mainly true. A good Christian guy loves a pre-marital lay as much as any other guy.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Be happy you live in a society that allows you to bash the main belief system.Its called progress.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join