It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the "Christianity-Debunking" attempt threads?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Well thank you for taking the time to give me another complex answer. I must say that im glad my teacher isnt that complex.

Thee's message is simple....knowing we all are one....everything is one, leads one to the truth of God. God is a function, a energy, that emanates life, Thee vibration of Thee is love. Forgive others, they do not know what they do, find the lights in the darkest of souls.

You make great points about the scribes and certain things that particularly stand out to you of scriptures stand out to many others as well...but you say you are being taught....the message seems over analyzed.

Your welcome to critic me back also, anytime *smiles*

Only giving thoughts,
Just keep it simple...
LV

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Christ!

Well thank you for taking the time to give me another complex answer. I must say that im glad my teacher isnt that complex.

Thee's message is simple....knowing we all are one....everything is one, leads one to the truth of God. God is a function, a energy, that emanates life, Thee vibration of Thee is love. Forgive others, they do not know what they do, find the lights in the darkest of souls.

You make great points about the scribes and certain things that particularly stand out to you of scriptures stand out to many others as well...but you say you are being taught....the message seems over analyzed.

Your welcome to critic me back also, anytime *smiles*

Only giving thoughts,
Just keep it simple...
LV

Why do you call God "Thee", just curious?

I don't believe we are ALL one. There is Wheat and there is Tare.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

'Thee' just seems natural to me....I dont feel 'God' is prideful of power as many polluted images make Thee out to be.

The wheat and the tare is just another parable for explaining to us....we are spirit in matter. They dont mix, but there is a reason we are mixed. We must discern our natures of the tares and the wheat's, blemished fruits from unblemished, the yeast from the dough, the wine from the grapes, the alchemy, more or less....of our makeup. Every single one of us is a mix of wheat and tare....our consciousness shows us this....its like two voices, a ego voice, flesh voice, that thinks for the self...and a humble voice, whose awareness of tare from the wheat, needs to be our will...which is our inner divine nature. The divine light can be covered and hidden, but it will never leave. We can abuse it and use it....and we will have to stand up for what our choices and we will also stand up for or against others, because in the divine presence, all is obvious and known. Nothing can be denied or ignored or overlooked. Recycling is the processed reaping what we sow.

My best,
LV

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
In reply to the OP and any other whiners in this thread:

I think it's because there is an abundance of free thinkers here. Which includes atheists, gnostics, pantheists, occultists, etc... Many who may be pissed off after learning about the real history that has been delibrately suppressed, and still denied by many.

Is it healthy to get pissed off... not likely. but quit your whining, if only many christians understood the infuriating way they think and over look things, then perhaps the backlash could be understood. This doesn't mean all, but in my experience the majorty.

If you don't like it, tough cookies. It's not like we are going to torture you, threaten your soul, or burn you at the stake.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by eye open doors]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
In reply to the OP and any other whiners in this thread:

I think it's because there is an abundance of free thinkers here. Which includes atheists, gnostics, pantheists, occultists, etc... Many who may be pissed off after learning about the real history that has been delibrately suppressed, and still denied by many.

Is it healthy to get pissed off... not likely. but quit your whining, if only many christians understood the infuriating way they think and over look things, then perhaps the backlash could be understood. This doesn't mean all, but in my experience the majorty.

If you don't like it, tough cookies. It's not like we are going to torture you, threaten your soul, or burn you at the stake.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by eye open doors]

Neither would any of us torture, threaten, or burn you.

What kind of statement was that?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

The organisation you support did for a very long time, and still socially harrasses people. Good thing getting excommunicated no longer makes a person an outlaw, which was basically a death penalty.

Pick up a book about the atrocities that were done to people in the name of God some time. There was no love in those actions, and I fail to see how they were in alignment with the teachings of Jesus son of Joseph.

My point is, the bad energy is coming back... and enough people have opened there eyes. A shift is happening, and it's about time.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

reply to post by B.A.C.

The organisation you support did for a very long time, and still socially harrasses people. Good thing getting excommunicated no longer makes a person an outlaw, which was basically a death penalty.

Pick up a book about the atrocities that were done to people in the name of God some time. There was no love in those actions, and I fail to see how they were in alignment with the teachings of Jesus son of Joseph.

My point is, the bad energy is coming back... and enough people have opened there eyes. A shift is happening, and it's about time.

Whoa. Slow down a bit here.

Organisation I support? I don't support Organised religion.

I have read about the crusades, etc. Have you? If you had you would realize that it was all politically motivated.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by B.A.C.

Exactly, are you saying it is not today?

Another point, one that was mentioned in the OP, and one that is typically braught up by christians is this. "Look at all the good we've done. Mother Theresa, soup kitchens, this and that".

Like it's some kind of band aid to make it all better. Al Capone, back in the big depression ran soup kitchens for some PR. Making it easier to get the little man's support.

Or look at it this way. What if a Nazi supporter says. "Look at all the good we have done since. We have clean up the high way programs, youth out reach programs, Colonia Dignidad. Just never mind the genocide and ethnic cleansing. We are over that."

It is obvious to me that christianity is a system that allows for the atrocities to happen. Some good may come of it, but the harm and limitations far out weigh the good. It's my understanding that the christian relgion is one of the oldest conspiracies out there, and the bible is one of the oldest examples of propaganda.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
reply to post by Christ!

Another question: Is the God with a big O as you call it Satan?

The gOd of the big O and Satan are toys, made by the prodigal son, to "create" his own "father"...and wander far away from home.
They are the same toy...an idol of sorts...a machine that sorts.
I prefer not to personify what does not exist but in the imagination of the "prodigal son".
But functionally, they are the same.
I think of S.a.t.a.n. as the most powerful computer in the world.
One could argue that it is the world, and the world is a computer.
Men, then, would be virtual reality characters inside the machine.
This equates S.a.t.a.n. to Jonah's "whale", inside of which is trapped the whole world.
It is trapped because it will not tell the truth.
To escape/overcome S.a.t.a.n, then, could be described as the "sign of Jonah".
Jesus escaped, and left us this sign.
Jesus escaped by telling the truth.
He escaped through the truth...*as* the truth.
And this is because the problem is about an identity crises.
The solution is about an Identity acceptance.

Think of S.a.t.a.n. as a *seperation analogue*.
It is a computer which separates the "prodigal son" into individuized units.
It separates the son from himself, and from his true father.
It then sorts the son according to a heirarchy...as it claws its way to the top of it.
S.a.t.a.n is a thinking machine.
S.a.t.a.n. is a tool that turns the son in to a "tool"...in its own image, so-to-speak.
As a tool, the son becomes and engine of destruction in the mind of the Son of God, desolating his holy "temple".
It is like another mind, another will, another way, another "father".
Naturally, the son thinks with his Father, as one.
Unnaturally, the son thinks with his self-made "father...as one.
So, S.a.t.a.n. seems to *possess* the mind of the son, thinking for him as the son thinks with it.
S.a.t.a.n. is made by the son, and invited/welcomed into his mind.
Naturally, the son "hosts" his Father's mind.
Unnaturally, the son *hosts* his made-up father's mind.
It turns out, however, that this neo-"father" is not his freind.
And when the son identifies with this "father", it results in an attack upon himself...upon his own mind.
The neo-"father" lords it over the son, and makes him unequal.
The neo-"father" belittles the son, and reduces his magnitude, and puts him down.
The neo-"father" *nails* the son "down to earth", so-to-speak.
There, it keeps on attacking the son's mind with propaganda, misinformation, fables, tales...lies.

The following synonyms all describe the same general thing:

gOd
G-d
G.d
"god of this world"
Satan.
"The devil"
Lucifer.
"Prince of this world"
"Prince of the air"
"Powers"
"Dominions"
"Principalities".
ego
e-gO
Idol.
Demon.
Graven image.
False witness.
Adultery.
Vanity.
"Abomination of desolation".
Lion..."roaming about, seeking whom it may devour".
False gOd.
False gOds.
Deciever.
Liar.
Goat.
Man's "maker".
"father".
"Nature".
"The universe".
"Sin".

The devil is the thought of separation, personified.
Consciousness is the thought of another mind, another kingdom, separate from the Kingdom of God.
The prodigal son makes "conciousness" his *realm* and hosts his neo-"father" within it.
Thinking with his "father", the son operates within conciousness and perception to manifest what he wants to "see".
"The universe" is the effect of this unholy alliance.
Look around and "see" what "the devil" made of the son.
The Holy Spirit uses consciousness and perception to manifest another universe, one that reflects holiness.
The holy universe can be "seen" when the son opens his blinded eyes.
The son can see it when he sees with holy eyes, with the Holy Spirit.
It teaches him who he is, and leads him home.
To see it, he must listen, learn, and be willing to remove obstacles to seeing.
Obstacles to seeing are all mental.
So it is a process of sorting thoughts to reflect what is true.
Toys will be put away and "pass away".
They are all conceptual.
Hypothetical, yet "made" to seem "real".

Christ!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

If this world does not exist, then why are you here, and not in your version of the Truth?

Peace

[edit on 6-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
reply to post by Christ!

If this world does not exist, then why are you here, and not in your version of the Truth?

Peace

[edit on 6-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

Good question.
God meets you where you think you are.
You are where you are by magic.
I am where I am by a miracle.
I am a Christ in exodus.
I have been called by the Holy Spirit.
I use my "mouth" for truth as I leave.
It's an enigma, yes, for sure.
Let us not underestimate the power of God.
It is by the power of God that we make believe "the universe".
It is by the power of God that we are saved from what we believed in.
Is it confusing?
It was meant to be.
How could it not be?
"The universe" shuts our mind into utter darkness.
And by its darkness it damns us to the hell that it is.
"The universe" is a lie backed by the power of GoD.
Again, let us not underestimate the power of GoD...lest we damn ourselves yet again.
Believe in Christ!
For Christ's sake!

Christ!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!
Believe in Christ!
For Christ's sake!

How does a belief in your version of Christ, change a persons step?
How does a belief in your version of Christ, aleviate suffering?
How does a belief in your version of Christ, take care of the widow and the orphan?

Surely, any many can say he is Christ. What words christ!, have you for the Palestinians and Israel?

What words, christ!, have you for the corruption of the financial world, and the greed and materialism that plagues our planet.

You preech the way of your christ! like the story of the prodigal son. You tell us of the Bibles agenda, and its errant contents like the ways of the errant son. When people come to the truth, and should people hear you, are you not like the father in the story, welcoming him back with open arms? The jist of that story, is that there will be those who took root, and did not stray while others were found. That each time, one returns, that we should be joyous, and neither jealous or self righteous saying what a good person I was all along. Errant behavior can be found even in those that did not stray, and the lesson of the prodigal son applies well to your teachings.

The voice I hear in your words has ear marks of some of what Jesus said, like many teachers, preachers and even prophets. But it does not ring of his Truth, nor his way...and perhaps you do not obtain a greater understanding because we do not recogizne your way. Thus, as it is written in the Bible:

John 10:27- ""My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

and in another place...

John 10:5, 8- ""Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers. 8- All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them."

Peace

[edit on 7-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

It is obvious to me that christianity is a system that allows for the atrocities to happen.

Name for me one system that has not or does not has the capacity to allow attrocities to happen?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by B.A.C.

Exactly, are you saying it is not today?

Another point, one that was mentioned in the OP, and one that is typically braught up by christians is this. "Look at all the good we've done. Mother Theresa, soup kitchens, this and that".

Like it's some kind of band aid to make it all better. Al Capone, back in the big depression ran soup kitchens for some PR. Making it easier to get the little man's support.

Or look at it this way. What if a Nazi supporter says. "Look at all the good we have done since. We have clean up the high way programs, youth out reach programs, Colonia Dignidad. Just never mind the genocide and ethnic cleansing. We are over that."

It is obvious to me that christianity is a system that allows for the atrocities to happen. Some good may come of it, but the harm and limitations far out weigh the good. It's my understanding that the christian relgion is one of the oldest conspiracies out there, and the bible is one of the oldest examples of propaganda.

It is politically motivated today as well.

Look at the good we've done? Who? Who said anything about a Christian being "good". Not me, I don't agree with that.

ALL humans are far from good, no matter how many "deeds" they do.

IMO deeds won't get you anywhere.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Given a choice. Which I have.

I'll take the Bible over any book with a copyright. Period.

I wish "Christ!" would too.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

IMO deeds won't get you anywhere.

But they can be a product of love and good will.

A good deed is a good act. And a good act can be done for the wrong intention just as it can be done for the right. To bring attention to ones self, or to make them appear to be doers of good for vanity.

Good people know, what Good is.

But good deeds, are good deeds, and should it help, assist, or ease the burden of another, it is still a step in the right direction. It is understanding and shaping ourselves in that path, that scripture gives us guidance into that which is the will of God through the Word.

James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds?

Surely an inward change of wanting to perform Gods will manifests itself in a mans works and practice.

Jame 2:26
For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Ultimate compassion. Ultimate love. Egoless, selfless, caring, kind and all things beneficial.

Jesus Christ
"Be perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect."

Peace

[edit on 7-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!
Believe in Christ!
For Christ's sake!

How does a belief in your version of Christ, change a persons step?
How does a belief in your version of Christ, aleviate suffering?
How does a belief in your version of Christ, take care of the widow and the orphan?

Surely, any many can say he is Christ. What words christ!, have you for the Palestinians and Israel?

What words, christ!, have you for the corruption of the financial world, and the greed and materialism that plagues our planet.

What words?

The "planet" is how you see yourSelf.
Clean the inside of the cup, and the outside will take care of itself.
You don't love yourSelf.
So you see an unloving world.
Everything that you see, and the way in which you see it, is a reflection of your feelings and your beliefs about you.
There isn't a single exception to this statement.
Everything you see is a reflection of how you see your Self.

As your perception of yourSelf changes, your experience of how you see the world will change also.
So,
Become willing to experience yourself differently.
As you let change in your feelings regarding yourself,
you let change in your perception of the world,
because the world is a reflection of your thoughts and feelings about you.

Now, look at the world as it is presented to you...now.
See it as you percieve it...*honestly*!
The world is your roadmap to the awareness you want to be.
You want to be aware of your Self.
The world can show you where you must stop and rest in order to continue the path to where you want to go: total Self awareness.

The world is a reflection of your mind.
Nothing within it is brought to your attention exept that you asked it to be brought.
You have said, more or less, "bring it on".
And suddenly, there is something standing in front of you that you don't like.
And you feel the pain of seeing it as if it were real.
When you feel the pain, remember this:
What you are seeing is not real.
It is a gift to yourself.
It shows you something...about what you think about yourSelf
Now you have a choice to let it go as what it is...a misperception about yourSelf.
Look instead upon your willingness to let the misperception go.

That which you see is not a fact that cannot be changed or cannot be seen differently.
But it is a fact in that it is a fact that it is the reflection of that which is in your mind now.
Accept this fact.
Accept the fact that the Israelis and the Palestinians are a reflection of what is in your mind.
Corruption, greed, and materialism are showing you what is a 'fact', in your mind.
They are what you are thinking about...yourSelf.
They are not the truth.
They do not reflect the truth.
They do not reflect the true You.
If what you see is not consistently joyous, it is misperception and not the truth.
It will fade away through your willingness to release it to do so.

The planet is how you see yourSelf.
Why do you see yourSelf as spinning wildly through cold, dark space?
Why do you see yourSelf getting light from a giant fireball that will eventually die, if not explode before it dies?
Why do you see yourSelf scurrying about on a thin crust of mantle that floats on a sea of molten rock?
Why do you see yourSelf alone, and separated from other planets?
Why to you see yourSelf colliding with projectiles that come out of the dark?

This is not what you are.
This is not how Our Father knows you.
This is how you see what Our Father knows.
Seeing and experiencing are similar.
The world is an experience.
It is not the Life Our Father gives you.

Christ!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You preech the way of your christ! like the story of the prodigal son. You tell us of the Bibles agenda, and its errant contents like the ways of the errant son. When people come to the truth, and should people hear you, are you not like the father in the story, welcoming him back with open arms? The jist of that story, is that there will be those who took root, and did not stray while others were found. That each time, one returns, that we should be joyous, and neither jealous or self righteous saying what a good person I was all along. Errant behavior can be found even in those that did not stray, and the lesson of the prodigal son applies well to your teachings.

Those accustomed to listening to theives and robbers will not always readily recognize the voice of the true Shepherd when, finally, he calls.
Men are creatures of habit.
Until they "hear" the "good" Shepherd, they hear other voices, and believe them.
And they go astray by them.
So beware!

In the parable of the prodigal son, the 'jealous brother' part was added.
It is not authentic, and did not come from Jesus, but from an interpreter taking literary license.

The parable of the prodigal son points to the genesis and exodus of *the world*.
*The world* is the far off land that the prodigal son goes to wander.
The prodigal son wanders away from reality, within the mind of Reality itself.
Reality is the "Kingdom of God".
Unreality is the "world".
The Son *is* the Kingdom of God.
The world is how the son sees himself.
He sees himself backwards, upside down, inside out and scattered.
He sees himself poor, begrudged, lonely, suffering, confused, afraid.
This is insane.
This is "sin".
S.i.n. is *seriously insane notions about the Kingdom of God*.
So, sin is insanity about Reality.
Sin is unbelief in Reality.
Reality is Christ.
So, sin is unbelief in Christ.
So, sin is belief in all that is not Christ.
Such is the world.
A return to the Kingdom of God is the end of the world.
What appears in and of the world "descends" from the Kingdom.
What leaves the world "ascends" to the Kingdom.
What is not of the Kingdom fades away...passes away.
What is of the Kingdom returns home.
There will be a joyousness upon homecoming.

Christ!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

www.holybibletrivia.org...

What version do you use?

Christ!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm not closed minded, these books are?

Three days later...

Also, I checked out them books you gave me links to, and I'd much rather place my faith in the Bible, rather than people who have become millionaires off of filthy lucre by coming up with their own interpretations.

I'm not closed minded...

Christ!

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join