It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

safe location map for future pole shift - prepare to be shocked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I read something a while back and the theory was that the 3 days of darkness could be when the earths core comes to a stop before it reverses its movement.

Something about our brains are linked with the inner movement of the earths core and during that time of reversal our minds would not be functioning as they do. That it would be total chaos for our brains. That very few would not go insane because of this.

On the bright side I don't have to worry according to that site I'm going under..and dang I can't swim.

cheers anyway what will be will be.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hello I live in Indiana were is a safe place for me and my family in North America or should we go somewhere else please let me know [email protected]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

When is this pole shift supposed to happen?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
....."""Austria
Austria is a beautiful country today, high in the mountains and with easy access to the Mediterranean
not far to the south. However, these very attractions will make Austria a cross-roads after the
shift, when those to the north where the melting poles have forced water steadily inland will move
south as they try to escape, and those to the south will try to escape the line of volcanoes in or
bordering the Mediterranean by moving north. They will meet in Austria.""""

ok.. i will say friendly hey hello to you @ll

and meet maybe again

*kidding*
Nia the panda

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

something arround 2012

...second line

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

Gravity is just a theory. In truth no one knows what exactly would happen if the Earth were to suddenly stop rotating.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I would suggest that anyone curious about what causes the magnetic pole shift and when they happen (they have happened before, it is science fact) should look into a movie called "Magnetic Storm".
The shift is not sudden, they occur over many, many decades and without the earth stopping or cataclysmic disasters etc. as the article appearing here wrongly suggests. That article is a load of sensationalistic BS, designed to scare you. Their scenario has NO basis in fact .
"Magnetic Storm" is based on proven science done over the last decade or so by the USGS in conjunction with Major Universities all over the globe. The polar shift is slowly occurring even today and will continue over the next century or so. The worst disaster that will happen in relation to the shift will be large deviations in magnetic North readings from compasses etc., a weakening of the earths magnetic field which will slightly increase our exposure to solar radiation and they estimate will cause an additional 200,000 or so human deaths due to an increase in radiation related illness over many years.
It may also cause the Northern lights to shine as far South as the equator and may be seen all over the globe for a time. How great would that be!
So there you have it, not very spectacular but very interesting. Enjoy the movie, calm down, and don't believe everything you read!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I would like to see a link under 2012 section saying: Here are hard facts that 2012 is all fearmongring..

I find no fact or evidence that it will not happen..
That is my challenge to you all..

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I moved from the NYC area to PA for that reason (among others). A tidal wave would demolish my hometown. It says that western PA is safe, I wonder where we fall in that prediction (Scranton)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Heck as long as the pole shift doesn't affect the trajectories of the bullets from my rifle and pistol then I'm prepared! I'm in IT and I always go back to the Y2K debacle....the powers that be determined in 1976 that there was a problem with COBOL coding but yet that part was rarely referred to in the media. As I spent over 2 years getting my clients compliant with the date switch I knew from first hand experience that the impact would be minimal. I suspect it's just marketing for those who want to make a fast buck using peoples fears.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
people who scoff at the world stopping arent taking into factor planet x

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
if this is just rubbish, someone has went a long way to put great detail into this. must have taken a long time to think up all this for all these locations!!

i reckon its worth havin a copy tucked away just incase!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Dallas sits like a jewel in the center of Texas, but will prove to be a jewel out in the open and
without protection during the coming cataclysms. Freed from concern about earthquake damage,
being away from fault lines, and concerned only with replacing a few windows after any hurricane
that might travel inland, Dallas has had few worries.

This is a lie. Dallas just had some tremors a little over a month ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Please, would someone who knows what the F**** states/areas this GD map is showing, please tell me, as I am not good at geography as it is and this map has no freaking info at all about places names and is "rearranged" in a odd way, can you please PLEASE tell me Is the Colorado Rockies a safe place to go???????

I typed a whole response out and got knocked offline and this is the only map available and the D**** write up says no GD thing about where the H*** is safe in the US but it does show some of US IS safe, please help me... I hope this even goes through as it seems my computer is hellbent on keeping me from finding a place to survive or an answer here!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, I read the linked article and immediately felt uneasy at the 'holes' in their assessment of what may be. Especially in the risk assessments about where may be 'safe' or 'unsafe' which make no mention whatsoever of some hazards which may be caused in the wake of the global electromagnetic, seismic, and oceanic turmoil which they alude to.

For example, with such massive global flood, earthquake or storm traumas, often expected in previously placid or stable areas, one would expect multiple nuclear reactor power station failures, due to controls/structural failure, water inundation, etc...

Just imagine multiplying Chernobyl in various locations all over the place, possibly simultaneously and then over an extended period, and not necessarily being able to do any of the kind of 'clean-up' which was at least attempted at Chernobyl. We're still monitoring the 'fall-out' from that in the UK and in Russia it remains an ongoing tragedy. Add onto that all the other radiological and chemical spills this would trigger...I'd guess our water/food cycle globally wouldn't exactly emerge in rude health.

Also, it appears there'd be a lot of (cold) water pouring, sorry 'sloshing' onto/into BIG openings in the earths crust, i.e. exposed deep molten lava, and faults around volcanoes, I'm sure that, from the Yellowstone thread I've read, this is a very bad combination, unless you like cataclysmic world-ending explosions, just another thought...

I think the amount of volcanic activity this would trigger would wipe out (via ash clouds, etc...) the climate for vegetation/farming wherever you end up for years, and could magnify cooling.

If this happened, I'm with those who say it would be either totally unsurvivable, or deeply unpleasant wherever you end up.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i guess there wont be any pole shift... if any no had the tech to prove what will happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hi,
I haven't read all responses to this theme so i apologize if it has already been mentioned.
After started to read the article in the OP i have to say that i disagree with the statement that tectonic plates are pushed by core. It isn't like that. Between earths core and crust there is 2890 kilometers thick mantle.
Tectonic plates swim on this hot, molten and somewhat fluent material. In mantle earths core generate giant vertical currents which give momentum and drive the tectonic plates.
If i remember correctly.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

edit on 1-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
There isn't going to be a pole shift anytime soon.

This talk of "safe" places could very well be a trick.

What if you go to one of these places and you still end up dead anyway?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join