It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul introduces legislation: The Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I support Ron Paul now.....little late then never?

He seems to go against the establishment which has repeatidly caused our problems again and again.

You know what the definition of insanity is? Repeating the same things and exepecting different results. Ron Paul is one of the few sane ones.

Hope we can abolish the Income tax too, theres technically no law commanding that we pay Income tax.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Im scared are country is going down the tube.I think this bail out is the stake in are countrys heart.How can they spend money they dont have? I wish Ron Paul all the luck because were going to need it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
Well Im going to call my rep and tell him to support the bill, I doubt they will listen to us (remember they ignored our opposition to the first bailout).
Ron Paul is one of a few standup people in politics right now.

As a non-American, I think it's a shame that he didn't get further in the presidential elections than he did. But perhaps that's just as well. He would have gone the way of JFK within a week of becoming POTUS.

Edit: came to think of it, I don't expect Obama to last for more than one period because however much good he might do, he's still facing an uphill battle against a failing economy and policies introduced by the previous government and he won't be able to put that many things in order in time for the next election. With some luck, Ron Paul will still have the energy to want to become a candidate by then.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by moniker]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
As much as I would love to see this sail ... it wont because of the corrupt politicians and thier money.

I hope RP all the best and I support this.

But we all know what happens to those who oppose the Elite.
Do we now? I thought it was a representative government in which the representatives that do not abide by the wants and needs of the constituency are replaced via the electoral process.

Ron Paul keeps getting reelected in his district because he does good by the people he represents. If your elected servants are not doing their job, instead of bitching and moaning, get a coalition of voters together to recall the problem and elect a new person into that vacated seat.

I did that here in Oregon when Se. Smith voted for the bailout and everyone else voted against it. Smith is replaced now with Sen. Merkley. I will take that Ron Paul piece and send it to my reps and a copy to all my family and friends, encouraging them to do the same. We get millions of Americans on the same page here, and we will get changes made. Isn't that what Obama is about, change?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Finally, someone that gets it. Representative government works for those that let their voices be heard by those elected representatives.

Thank you for injecting common sense into this debate/discussion.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
S+F I'll be writing my congressmen and anyone else who may listen. Thanks for the heads up. I very much wanted RP for prez. Maybe next time, if we're all still around that is!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Pretty suspicious what the press did to Paul! That should of sent up some red flags right there. He's definately one of my heros! If I ever did decide to vote because I thought it would actually do some good and if I could ever vote republican in good conscience, sure I'd vote for him. Very rarely will a politician not sell us out.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Goodbye Mr. Paul. It is good to see you doing it but you have just touched one dangerous sacred cow... I sure hope you do not go the way of JFK.

I think you are more correct than you might think...Executive Order 11110...anyone?

Thanks Dr. Paul! You have my support!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
reply to post by David9176

As much as I support this and would love to see it happen we all know it won't.

I now fear that the honorable Mr. Paul may have some sort of "accident" and not be with us much longer.

The last two people who opposed the federal reserve seemed to have something in common although the fed res was not even yet established when one was president, they were trying and he was hard core opposed. This would be Lincoln and Kennedy.

The two people who had "accidents" happened to be Presidents. And they weren't the last--a couple brave congress people have tried before, and as far as I know they didn't get taken out. RP's bad rep in Congress precludes him from assassination, unless of course We the People give him a mandate... If he were taken seriously by the mainstream and by Congress, yeah sure he'd be a prime candidate. But he's not, and he's too high-profile among so-called "conspiracy theorists" (it's not a theory if it's actually happening, is it?) to get whacked without serious underground backlash, IMHO.

BTW--according to the old woman in charge of my voting district (whom I happened to run into on election day at the local bar broadcasting the results), I was the only "moron" to vote for RP. When I asked them how to write in my own candidate, I was told that my vote WOULDN'T COUNT! What kind of bull-sht is that? THe old woman in charge was nice and didn't judge me herself, but she did tell me they were all wondering who the hell voted for RP... Wake up, people! Yeah, our votes probably don't count, due to rigged elections, but RP is the only person I've heard of who actually speaks to my own political perspectives ALMOST ENTIRELY (as far as I know, excepting only his view on abortion).

I hope Americans wake up and he runs again in 2012--the year it's all supposed to flip (at least potentially)

[edit on 11-2-2009 by alchemicalbrother]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Thought I'd add this link to another thread that i posted today.

Peter Schiff (RP's economic advisor when he was running for President) is predicting economic doom. There are 3 videos. I encourage everyone to check this out if you have the time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

If Peter Schiff is related to Jacob (one of the founders of the FED), then either RP's in with the banking conspiracy or Peter knows how implicitly corrupt the FED really is and is turning on the family protocol. For the record, I love RP, and I tend to think the latter may well be the case. Just because you're related to someone doesn't mean you share the same values and perspectives. I can speak from experience as my older half-brother was the 17th top earner on Wall Street last year (raking in a whopping 400+ million last year alone on profits from oil, strip mining, and the whole mortgage thing, which to his ingenious credit, he foresaw). While he was written about in Forbes Magazine among others as pulling a Warren Buffet-style maneuver putting him up near the top, I continue working for a Buddhist non-profit retreat center I helped start for Tibet House, making barely enough to cover my fixed expenses (my brother basically thinks I'm wasting my time as an artist, a visionary, and a Buddhist, and apparently refuses to take me seriously). I love my life and don't need his or anyone else's money. The whole financial meltdown hasn't affected me in the least--I'm still as broke as I've always been; it's still just as hard for me to make ends meet as it's ever been; and I have compassion for the people who've been suffering from it, because THIS IS WHAT BANKERS AND THEIR BRETHREN DO TO PEOPLE SCIENTIFICALLY. If you're not already convinced, check out the origins of the FED at Jekyll Island.

Peace, folks! I love the more sober (and informative) perspectives presented on this site!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

BTW--according to the old woman in charge of my voting district (whom I happened to run into on election day at the local bar broadcasting the results), I was the only "moron" to vote for RP. When I asked them how to write in my own candidate, I was told that my vote WOULDN'T COUNT!

Alchemicalbrother,

Whom ever told you that is full of bull manure! I worked the voting polls as an election official and EVERY VOTE IS COUNTED , marked or written in doesn't matter.

Back to Ron Paul.

As a Democrat I had the good fortune to speak with Ron Paul when he held a "town Hall meeting " by phone when he was running for President. I had asked Dr. Paul if he would dump the federal Reserve id elected President and much to my satisfaction he said he would, he also said he would order an investigation into the Bush / Cheney Administration's actions ,... this also pleased me.

I will be writing to any and all about about Ron Paul and what he has introduced into legislation.

I will also, as a member of MoveOn.Org ask the other members of MoveOn to give their support to Ron Paul on this issue as it could mean " the beginning for all or the end for most" in America and other countries that look to our Nation for guidence.

Oh and this is " Nanna_of_6", I just haven't logged in yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My congressman actually wrote me back on this from last week.

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about the Federal Reserve. I appreciate hearing your views on this important issue.

As you may know, the U.S. central banking system was established in 1913 by the Federal Reserve Act (Public Law 63-43). Congress created the Federal Reserve (popularly known as the "Fed") as an independent entity to attend to the nation's credit and monetary needs without undue influence from political pressures. Today, the Fed's monetary policy operations are intended to promote stability in the nation's economy; its supervisory and regulatory functions are intended to provide a safer, more flexible banking system; and its work as fiscal agent for the government and clearinghouse for private sector financial transactions aims to promote efficiency in the overall banking system. In keeping with its independence within the federal government, the System operates without appropriations from Congress. Its income derives primarily from interest on government securities acquired through monetary policy operations, and fees for banking services, with any excess income returned to the Treasury.

The current structure of the System has three major components established by the original act. First, a Board of Governors oversees the whole System and has responsibility for monetary policy. Second, there are 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, which carry out supervision and examination of commercial banks that are Fed members. The member banks, all national banks and all state-chartered banks that choose to be members of the System, make up the third component.

Legislation was introduced in the 110th Congress to abolish the Federal Reserve by repealing the Federal Reserve Act. Although Congress did not act on this measure before the end of the session, you may be assured I will continue to monitor this issue closely and keep your views close in mind should it come to the House Floor for a vote in the 111th Congress.

In the meantime, thank you again for taking the time to share your views with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of concern. If you would like to learn more about my work in Washington and in *city removed*, please visit my website where you will find the latest news, my weekly schedule, video from hearings, and information about constituent services. You can also sign up for my e-newsletter to receive periodic updates on important issues and services for your family.

Sincerely,

[edit on 18-2-2009 by n1zzzn]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I e-mailed my congressmen and rep in NJ about this 2 weeks ago, i just got a reply.

Dear Friend,
Thank you for contacting me with your support for H.R. 833, the Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act.

I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you may know, H.R. 833, introduced by Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) would abolish the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve was first initiated by Congress in 1913 to be the central bank of the United States and to provide the nation with a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system. Specifically, this bill would abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Reserve banks and repeal the Federal Reserve Act. Furthermore, this legislation would intend to reassert Congresses authority over monetary policy. H.R. 833 is currently pending before the House Committee on Financial Services.

Please know that I understand your views regarding this matter and rest assured that I will keep your support in mind should H.R. 833 be brought to a vote before the House of Representatives. Again, thank you for contacting me, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. You may also wish to access my website at www.sires.house.gov to learn more about my legislative activities in Congress, visiting Washington, D.C., and a special section on constituent services. Please be advised that you may already be receiving my e-newsletter, however, it may be going into your email's spam box. If you are encountering this problem, you may need to remove this email from your spam box or you can view the e-newsletter by visiting my website.

was this just a regular reply, or did my rep actually take this seriously?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

How will you support this? By writing to your own elected congresspeople and getting your friends and neighbors to do the same? Or simply complain that nothing gets done by those corrupt politicians. We the people vote out those that do not listen to what we want. It's called a "federal representative republic" NOT a democracy. If you want to change it you must participate in it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I wrote two congressmen who represent my district and they both gave very generic responses like "thank you for your concern on this issue" and things to that effect. No real substance.

Politics is a broken avenue for action. Not even the Ron Pauls of this world can do much anymore.

The answer lies in genuine spirituality, I think. Not religion, but genuine self-seeking, truly contemplative spirituality.

Strange times we live in.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by suterlaben]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join