It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Transition, APPLE & The Covert Spying Agenda On Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

Power line networks were hitting pc world in 2001

www.pcworld.com...

Also i believe that key word recognition software - the type thats been around for years, could easily be used to automatically monitor people & only switching to human monitering when an alert is raised.

Totally possible although im unsure why it would be done.

[edit on 4/2/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for posting! Ive been waiting for something to be posted on this subject. I always found it a little fishy.Text Green

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
I kind of h
The whole idea that there could be some camera built into your TV set and nobody technically oriented would notice it is beyond preposterous.

Infra red remote controls require a lens and a photocell adding a camera to the same input..always on always watching..not too too hard..its been done and will be again.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

So can tin foil hats prevent them from recording us? or will we have to upgrade to a heavier metal?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
So can tin foil hats prevent them from recording us? or will we have to upgrade to a heavier metal?

I say upgrade to 80's heavy metal, but not for the reasons discussed here. The good news is LCD cuts radiation exposures we were getting from traditional Cathode Ray Tube sets (CRT) as I understand it:

We also are exposed to man-made sources of radiation, including medical and dental treatments, television sets and emissions from coal-fired power plants.
- www.ocrwm.doe.gov...

If anything, it's time to take the tin foil hat off to the tv.

In a CRT, a stream of electrons is released from a heated cathode within a vacuum and accelerated by a high voltage toward a screen coated with a fluorescent material called a phosphor. The phosphor glows as a reaction to the electrons in the incident beam striking it, thus producing the light seen as an image on the front of the CRT.

Consumer Products 3.0%
www.pc.ibm.com...

Advantages of LCDs
Low frequency radiation is practically eliminated.

Disadvantages of CRTs
Radiation Emission; ELF from 60 Hz to 75 Hz and VLF from 10kHz to 30kHz.
www.ergoindemand.com...

Also you can buy radiation filtering screens now rather inexpensively.

Having a cellphone next to your brain all the time though...perhaps the tin-foil hat still has a use.

In the next section, we will look at why some scientists believe that cell phones are harmful, and you'll find out what effects these ubiquitous devices may have.

RF radiation has the ability to heat human tissue, much like the way microwave ovens heat food. Damage to tissue can be caused by exposure to RF radiation because the body is not equipped to dissipate excessive amounts of heat. The eyes are particularly vulnerable due to the lack of blood flow in that area.

The added concern with non-ionizing radiation, the type of radiation associated with cell phones, is that it could have long-term effects.

Here are a few illnesses and ailments that have potential links to cell-phone radiation:

Cancer
Brain tumors
Alzheimer's
Parkinson's
Fatigue
Headaches
- electronics.howstuffworks.com...

[edit on 4-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm a DSL engineer; I know a great deal about the technology. What you are suggesting would not be feasible. As it is, POTS DSL (which is very similiar to powerline DSL) requires significant grooming, extensive central office facilities and would be limited by distance to the central office. This would mean that rural customers in particular would not be viable for the power company. We're talking putting in a 30,000 dollar piece of equipment, fiber lines, etc to spy on 5-10 people in a small neighborhood who may or may not have the equipment? Then on top of that, you'd need filtration to prevent any kind of interference from your other electronics - that requires actual physical filters inside the house.

This is nothing more than a pipe dream; while in concept it makes sense in execution it would fail utterly through the staggering costs involved with incorporating a DSL chipset into the TV, grooming the customer line and incorporating the requisite back end. It simply isn't possible without ridiculous amounts of funds.

Besides, why would they use such difficult architecture? Why not use something like QAM or hell, if they're so advanced use some kind of quantum entanglement system? Because they can't - it's simply not viable from a cost-benefit standpoint (at this point in time).

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

I would wager that 95% of you reading these boards haven't read "1984" but only heard about some of the plot through the years. Especially since you don't even know who wrote the damn thing. George Orwell.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It just seems like with all the money that the US owes to the rest of the world, the collapsing economy, the "race" to make bio-fuels readily available and what-not there wouldn't be a push for something this trivial and unimportant. I am not so worried about what THEY can see as I am what we will see or hear that we haven't been able to do before because EVERYONE wasn't on the same frequency. Now, they will be. So, for example, if the gov't had to issue a message to ALL people, (martinal law taking effect, "A-E go here/P-Z go here") and now they can't do the way everything is set up.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm surprised we're not more concerned about this kind of news:

Just because the Internet has broken down geographic barriers, don't assume that Google doesn't care about geography.

With Google's new Latitude software, cell phone users can share their locations with others.

The company plans to launch software called Latitude on Wednesday that lets mobile phone users share their location with close contacts. Google hopes it will help people find each other while out and about and to keep track of loved ones.

"What Google Latitude does is allow you to share that location with friends and family members, and likewise be able to see friends and family members' locations," said Steve Lee, product manager for Google Latitude. For example, a girlfriend could use it to see if her boyfriend has arrived at a restaurant and, if not, how far away he is.
www.cnn.com...

Track them people! I predict divorce goes up, trust goes down, targeted crime goes up, and law enforcement emergency access to these networks go up.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
get into our living rooms and they get into your innermost thoughts. How many hours on end, throughout our lifetime, do we spend entertining people in our livingrooms. These BOXES aren't just located in our living rooms. most of us have multiple boxes in our dens, bedrooms and spare rooms so it only makes sense they would FORCE the issue of converting.

I personally suggest getting rid of them but if you feel you can't live without it and are paranoid, i have a suggestion. Limit it to one room and customize the room around this detail. Use soundproofing through out the room and always make sure the door is closed so they can't pick up anything. I also like to give the cable box the finger and walk around naked with work boots and a rifle just in case anyone is really watching.

It's real and if it's not will be soon, so be prepared.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wintermarches it doesn't matter that we're not the UK. We need to watch what happens in other countries (especially the UK), because our government takes their research results and then implements them over here.

First off, thank you for posting the citations for these figures. I always like to get the "facts" first before continuing.

Ok....again, what's happening in the UK is happening in public places, so there is still no correlation to invading and spying on people in the privacy of their homes. You're assuming that this type of monitoring is nefarious to begin with, and extrapolating from this assumption to assume that home surveillance will be next. People tend to get paranoid about the idea of being recorded....which I understand to some degree, but there's a point where you really have to ask yourself, so what? Are you worried that some state official may see you picking your nose or pulling out a wedgie? Do you really think the government is that interested in your personal life? Or might it be more likely that such surveillance is meant to be both a deterrent for crime, and a potential source of evidence should a crime occur?

Incidentally, you willingly take this chance every time you step into virtually any store today. It's really no different.

Now let's turn to the reasoning behind "what's happening in other countries will be implemented here". Do you have any concrete reason to believe this, or are you extrapolating (making assumptions) again? I doubt very much, from a technological perspective, that there is anything about what the UK is doing that the US cannot already do right now. So again, just because the UK is doing it doesn't mean the US will. There is no causal support for this whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Don't forget Google's new tool.

So YOU can Track your friends anywhere!!!!

Ain't it great?

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Connect some dots for me here, my brain hasn't woken up yet.

If they're going to use power lines to transmit the data, then what's the purpose of the digital switch-over?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Time to communicate with your children through sign language.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
Time to communicate with your children through sign language.

Your TV can read sign-language if it is monitoring you. Maybe secret code, "The green monkey walks alone in the sky...". Learned that one from a book I'm reading:

How To Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't think the government would go through all that trouble just to spy on people who watch television all the time on the off chance that they happen to plan all their crimes and revolutions in front of the TV. I think the real nefarious purpose of television is to make people brainwashed slaves. If you want a person to quit thinking and seeing things as they are just place them in front of the television for four to eight hours a day.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
If APPLE is emerging with this technology now, guess what, they government has had it for YEARS.

The government doesn't produce and distribute LCD monitors or TV's. So if they do have this technology how would it get to market?

Has Apple even actually made one of these for the market yet?

I'll bet when they do it will be a HUGE selling point. This will not be kept secret.

But just in case, I'm going to watch TV naked from now on...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Funshinez

Exactly!

What is probably happening is the gov are getting worried about the reducing TV audience, due in part to computers, and hope this will bring people back.

Without their conditioning machine how would they tell us how to think?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
But just in case, I'm going to watch TV naked from now on...

"Chief Director, we have a problem. Since word got out that we've been monitoring people through their tv sets, we have a national response of people mooning their TV. What do you want us to do?"

"Switch the receiving cameras to broadcast, rotate from household to household and let them moon each other. No more American Idol until they get their act straight!"

What ever happened to the old test pattern?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Whether the government is doing this digital crossover to spy on everyone is probably not the case. But, they would be able to monitor who and where they wanted to and nobody would know the difference for a while.

I think it is unreasonable that given the national debt the gov would spend that kind of money on our viewing pleasure. There is some other motive. As far as auctioning off the frequencies, what band would they be in?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by catamaran]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join