It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Transition, APPLE & The Covert Spying Agenda On Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Cameras can be covered. So if you suspect theres a camera looking at you, cover it with a towel or cloth. A pull down screen over the front of a tv would work just as well.

Does anyone ever have sex while the tv is on. Or smoke a little dope, or have a heated argument with your partner. Lots of reasons people would want to see inside your living room. Are the kids being taken care of correctly. Do you smoke around them, etc. This technology could be a great thing if there weren't so many "a" holes who would use it against us.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Maybe they just want to watch those that have their (digital)TVs in the Bedroom.....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003

So with our failing roads, bridges & infastructure; the homeless epidemic with people sleeping in the streets: a failed No Child Left Behind act; ever reduced funding to public schools: lack of insurance to the under-employed; a failed welfare system ect; the goverment deems it necessary to spend this money on clearer TV reception. NO WAY!

These are all things for STATE governments to get their crap together and take care of! A unified, nation-wide transition to digital broadcast signals is the kind of thing the federal government should handle.

Why can't you see the difference??

By the way, I think it is already well known that this transition was supported by the federal government because it was necessary to further the agenda of BPL (Broadband through Power Lines.)

Yes, the feds get the holy grail of surveillance technologies out of it, but the real force behind making it happen were large corporations.

Imagine the value of the statistics they can compile! When you plug in your BPL-enabled Bun coffee pot, it can automatically tell the company when you bought it, when you use it, how much you use it, etc.

BPL will be every market research team's wet dream come true times a million, I'm sure they've been lobbying for the death of interfering broadcast signals for years.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by maus80]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nobody has yet explained the REAL reason for the conversion to digital. I have had my TV connected to a converter box for half a year, and it sucks. With the old analog signal at least I could watch my shows through static. With digital the picture sometimes and randomly becomes frozen, scrambled, losing sound, or just goes blank. A few weeks ago we were preparing to sit down to our favorite program on PBS, and suddenly we have no signal. We had to watch our show on one of our TV's still getting an analog signal. We've just got the old TV and the rabbit ears. I'm not buying a new TV or antenna or subscribing to cable. I'm seriously considering not even watching TV anymore. Good luck anyone spying on me with my TV off. Furthermore, without my daily dose of advertising exposure and that half hour of fluff laughingly called the "news", I will be forced to spend time with my family, read, or THINK FOR MYSELF...if others do the same it could be the end of civilization as we know it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary
Is it just me or is the world becoming a little too close for comfort to "1984"?

Could it be that Wells made a true mistake by writing "1984" because it provided a road map for the government to follow? Or, did he do us all a favor because he let us know what to look for in a run up to a true Big Brother society?

it depends:
are you a pessimist or an optimist?
do you like your glass half full or half empty.
what came first? the chicken or the egg.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I kind of had to laugh at the OP, because I've been hearing this kind of stuff since I was a kid in the 60s. When cable TV started getting popular in the late 70s, they were saying nearly the same thing.

The logic then was that your TV has a speaker, and a speaker is just a microphone in reverse (which is true) and therefor could be used to listen to the sound in the room (which is not true). Your television set would have to be rewired to make it work that way, and even then the quality of the audio would be terrible.

Beyond that, any engineer would be able to see this wiring. Nonetheless, there were paranoid people who wanted to believe they were beingt spied on, and seriously wanted to believe that somehow the manufacturers of TV sets, almost none of whom were in the United States, were all complicit with some covert directive from the U.S. government.

The whole idea that there could be some camera built into your TV set and nobody technically oriented would notice it is beyond preposterous. The idea that it is implanted into your display with little sensors all over the display is also clueless. Cameras must have some kind of lens to focus the image. Period. It is optically impossible to get a picture otherwise. The sensors would only be able to distinguish what the general level of ambient light in the room was. Nothing more.

I guess some people just love to be paranoid.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think the internet through power lines has been around a while now but the lcd - camera looking through the display thingy is quite a new concept, at least commercially and i would have thought that it would have been leaked by an employee from one of the manufacturers by now.

That said a few years ago the US govt apparently activated the microphones that were installed in all scientific atlanta cable boxes. Cable boxes that are connected to your internet or telephone line.

This was supposedly a marketing project designed to pick up key words in conversation in a room and then send down adverts, emails and junk mail about the topic of conversation - lets say car insurance to your door etc.

Lets not forget your cable box HD tv broadband router mobile phone - all computors.

However the potential for misuse is obvious. This sounds very similar to what the op is proposing is going to happen & i wouldnt be suprised if mics wre in these systems as it can be monitored by a program just to pick up key words.
That could even then trigger a camera event in the worst case scenario.

Big Brother could definatly be here!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
it cant just send a signal out the power socket, you need to have your house converted to use power lines for internet and stuff, there are far more much worse big brother issues that are actually happening you should be worried about

i may be wrong

tell you what, everyone who beleives it, throw out your pc and tv, the rest will wait here and if we get spied on we will email you.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My understanding of what this is about is:

“Audio Chips” For Advertising,
and the ability for "them" to know what each household has preferences to.
Advertisers will be able to Listen to the consumer at home.
"They" may then, direct Ads toward the desires of the consumer.
Like Fast Food ?You will get more Ads for it.
Like clothes? view Ads for this.
Wanna buy new a car? Auto ads.
Have children? Ads directed toward Kids wants and needs.
Gamers? View the latest.
Have weight issues? Diet products
Electronics geek? Just look at what you can have.
etc.. etc..

The “Audio Chip” lets "them" know the number of people viewing at any given time.
Also:
A Voice Pattern Recognition system, will allow
“them” to know the viewers, Gender-Ethnicity-Age (or what ever deemed necessary) for the comsumer to be directed to more of what we Desire and nudged or encourage us to..
Buy me! Buy me! Buy me!

(Maybe with little ‘extra’ subliminal messaging thrown in too ?)

I don’t have proof of this. But it sure sounds feasible to This Consumer.

"Big Brother" is alive and well,and here to stay.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
[
Firstly, please provide support for these statistics in the UK, as well as support that they are "only adding more".

Secondly, we are not the UK.

Thirdly, these CCTV cameras must obviously be placed in public places, not people's homes, so the comparison is irrelevant.

The UK is also currently undergoing a massive campaign to get everyone to switch to digital.

FYI, these types of security cameras are being placed all over the UK. Albeit not inside peoples homes but I know of many examples on housing estates and densely populated residential areas.

Also, thanks for stating the obvious about the US not being the UK but I have to ask, do you really think you're that far off?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by avingard

I totally agree with your technical clearity.
There is a little common sence involved as well.
Why on earth would the Govt. give a hoot about watching
people that cannot even afford cable TV?
Really think about it. No one on here has the old rabbit ears on unless you are in some remote area. And even then, you have either DSL or Satelite for your internet. If you have those, they can keep an eye on you anyways.
While the technology is coming about, they are not going to install it on every TV made. Besides, the money is to buy boxes for old TV's, how are they going to watch us then?
Oh crap! It just dawned on me, I bet the new light bulbs actually are high tech devices putting out brainwashing waves to all of us. That way we will become a nation of zombies to work for them.

OP, GET REAL......

[edit on 4-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wake up! I've been screaming this on the board for about 5 months now! But no one seems to even pay attention to the threads!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Great Concepts.... Likely this is Possible, but dont forget...there are 300 MILLION folks in the United States.... what kind of workforce would it take to monitor even a fraction of the conversations, internet conferences and folks out there watching TV shows... thats quite a huge number of employees and must be one hell of a boring job....

Possible, but highly unlikely... unless of course you are on "The List"...So watch less TV... its mostly crap anyway...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
It seems more likely to me that TV makers like Sony, Panasonic, Phillips, Toshiba, and others lobbied for this bill for the simple purpose of making money. If everyone has to switch to HD cameras, receivers, dvd players, tvs, etc..., these companies stand to make a ton of money.

It is really fishy that the government would mandate such a lavish technology. Usually the market is left to take care of these things, what business does the government have requiring a certain type of image quality

I agree with this statement, it's the only way for the companies named above and others to grow their stock...which is by growing their sales. Because we've become addicted to technology, no change means no sale.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm not very worried about the government keeping track of my life until after they've figure out how to keep track of their own lives. When they know their own tax status before getting nominated for a higher office, then it's time to worry.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well i guess we'll just have to pull up the old diesel generator for watching tv then??

But seriously, data transmission through poweroutlets is indeed possible nowadays but only within your house because of your house being connected to only 1 of 3 phases (do you call it that over there??).
If you want to go outside your house with this tech. you would need a repeator every 100mtr. i believe and the shere amount of connections on 1 phase would be to much to maintain a clear signal....

I hope that came across okay in english.....

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hmmm So PLC is real.

wiki PLC

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
You ask why would they want to watch us? why dont we ask the same thing where in the UK there is one CCTV camera for evey 14 people, thats an immense amount of monitoring, the logistics to man and operate that many cameras is insane, but its being done and the government is only adding more. And as of last years they began adding Talking cameras where a loudspeaker is attached and the monitor can even scold the person they are watching!

Firstly, please provide support for these statistics in the UK, as well as support that they are "only adding more".

Secondly, we are not the UK.

Thirdly, these CCTV cameras must obviously be placed in public places, not people's homes, so the comparison is irrelevant.

Everyone knows the UK has gone off the deep end with surveillance. It's a model Big Brother state. Becoming more and more like the movie Brazil!

And as for your statistics, what OP said about one camera for every 14 people is true and it's here:
Source

and now stands above 4.2 million, or one for every 14 persons.

I got the above bit from here: Source

It also tells us this:

The UK’s network of public surveillance cameras is the largest in the world (although China is quickly outpacing it).

Source for above: [I have to put the whole link here, and in 2 pieces for people to paste together, since the url has brackets within, and ATS is parsing the URL code such that the link keeps getting chopped off at the wrong place.] "www.", then add "privacyinternational.org", then part 2 of link: "/article.shtml?cmd[347]=x-347-559597"

Here is a tidbit about the UK's official plan to increase CCTV surveillance, put into writing in October 2007 ("National CCTV Strategy"):

The CCTV expansion programmes outlined in the introduction provided funding to greatly increase the number of CCTV cameras in UK towns and cities.

Read it for yourself

If that's not enough, read this:

The police and CCTV industry have been admitting the ineffectiveness of CCTV since the release of the National CCTV Strategy last October - but the reason they have done this is to call for the expansion and upgrading of surveillance cameras in the UK, to a level that is no longer adequately described by the phrase "closed-circuit television cameras".

Source

The above article also goes on to quote The Guardian as saying this:

"If standards are better regulated and combined with the rapidly accelerating development of CCTV technology - such as advanced facial recognition and analytics - CCTV will become more widely acknowledged as a vital part of the criminal justice system".

There you have it. The UK only plans to make the technology even more pervasive. Read that quote directly in The Guardian if you like.

And it doesn't matter that we're not the UK. We need to watch what happens in other countries (especially the UK), because our government takes their research results and then implements them over here.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

Good post

Theres some interesting information here about GWEN towers
and the propagation of SSSS technology through the medium of digital television:

Moreover, what if televisions across the US and Canada all went 100% digital [to be mandatory in Feb. 2009] in their signals (in order to successfully link to GWEN towers) which would allow the unrestricted use of the Sound of Silence frequencies

www.wariscrime.com...

From this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its also been reported in the UK media (not the US) that
SSSS (Silent Sound Spread Spectrum) has already been used on
Iraqi military to subdue their specific thought patterns:

It apparently caused Iraqi troops to surrender by manipulating the brain’s electroencephalographic (EEG) patterns and artificially implanting negative emotional states like intense fear, anxiety, despair and hopelessness.

ITV News Report ,March 23, 1991.
An unbelievable and highly classified psy-ops program utilizing ‘Silent Sound’ techniques was successfully deployed. The opportunity to use this method occurred when Saddam Hussein’s military command-and-control system was destroyed. The Iraqi troops were then forced to use commercial FM radio stations to carry encoded commands, which were broadcast on the 100 MHz frequency. The US psy-ops team set up its own portable FM transmitter, utilizing the same frequency, in the deserted city of Al Khafji. This US transmitter overpowered the local Iraqi station. Along with patriotic and religious music, psy-ops transmitted ‘vague, confusing and contradictory military orders and information.

“Subliminally, a much more powerful technology was at work, however. A sophisticated electronic system designed to ‘speak’ directly to the mind of the listener; to alter and entrain his brainwaves, to manipulate his brain’s electroencephalographic (EEG) patterns and thus artificially implant negative emotional states —- feelings of intense fear, anxiety, despair and hopelessness were created in the Iraqi troops. This incredibly effective subliminal system doesn’t just tell a person to feel an emotion, it makes them feel it; it implants that emotion in their minds.

If this technology is being used on citizens in the West ,perhaps that is why there exists a general feeling of apathy and malaise in regard to protesting against certain legislations enacted which involve the systematic stripping of individual liberties and basic freedoms of privacy,movement and expression.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm skeptical that there are cameras in televisions but I suppose it's possible and feasible. Like others have said I can't imagine the amount of resources required to watch everyone, but they could only turn it and monitor specific people of interest that are already under investigation.

Power line communication is a real technology, but I remember hearing some stuff about how it doesn't work that great and they had issues with it, but maybe it's been perfected?

If they do use the powerlines to communicate with the camera systems lurking inside every tv then how do they get through a uninterrupted power supply (UPS) basically whatever is plugged into it is actually powered by a battery which is constantly being charged from the powerline. Even a simple line conditioner would kill the communication signal I would think
And like someone else already said what about generators, solar and wind power etc???

I'm not doubting that Apple has the lcd array camera tech as I saw the patent, but if this technology has been deployed by the govt spies for years how come not one single geek has managed to hack it to show it's there just for the cool factor

[edit on 4-2-2009 by warpboost]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join