It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current civilizations compared to the past civilizations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Now today we see that the same problems that brought the downfall of the advanced prehistoric civlizations such as Atlantis and Mu are back with us. We have come full circle.

History may be repeating itself and in our lifetimes we may see the fall of our so called advanced civilization. Only so much evil, selfishness, and suffering can be tolerated on earth, until nature, the earth-mother, and the universal spirit will purify itself.

There are many reasons for this, the fact that history is cyclical, the fact that we now have reached a high level of technology like the prehistoric civlizations did, and the fact that most people today have lived past lives in the prehistoric civilizations especially Atlantis

Many specific issues listed here-
indigosociety.com...

And a rough prototype version of an info package on the coming Great Purification-
indigosociety.com...

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Hollywood11]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11 and the fact that most people today have lived past lives in the prehistoric civilizations especially Atlantis

Can you show me where it is a fact that I lived in Atlantis.

It would be more of an assumption on your particular belief system rather than fact would it not?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by Hollywood11 and the fact that most people today have lived past lives in the prehistoric civilizations especially Atlantis

Can you show me where it is a fact that I lived in Atlantis. It would be more of an assumption on your particular belief system rather than fact would it not?

I'm thinking that just because of the sheer number of people living in the world right now, even if reincarnation was an established fact, only a very small percentage of people currently alive could have lived in Atlantis. The island was relatively big, but not big enough for several billion people to have lived on it, no matter how long it was around.

Somebody needs to check their math.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Atlantis existed for a long time before it was destroyed, Atlantis existed longer than historians thought civilization itself had. It was around for 10s of thousands of years.

Reincarnation could be a whole topic itself, but alot of evidence shows it is true. Also, a lot of children remember past lives.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
haha i came here because i thought i was going to get some interesting comparisons between greeks, roamns, byzantians, chines, etc but NO. I get told it's almost certain i am a reincarnated atlantian.

oh ats!

I even believe in prehistoric seamen, maybe a highly advanced boating nation or something but come on -if it did exist we know nothing about it.

Also reincarnation is FAR from science, quiet alot of evidence proves it's nonsense. For instance did you know most people think they were Cleopatra? It's something shocking like 70% of people who believe they remember a past life remember being queen of egypt. Funny thing is NONE of them are able to describe anything accurate about the life in the old world. I've read quiet a few transcripts from people being regressed to past lives, i've also read alot of histoy -the two don't go together. People day dream some crazy fantasy world, an idealized version of a life they wish they'd lived.

oh and at the moment rome is a bit like babylon and egypt in that power hungry psychos are in control, a bit like greece in that the population are so indulged in pleasure and greed they don't care whats going on and a bit like atlantis in that if we DO fall we're going to fall so hard that it'll be 10,000 years before we get back on our feet and no one will even remember us.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
Atlantis existed for a long time before it was destroyed, Atlantis existed longer than historians thought civilization itself had. It was around for 10s of thousands of years.

I would have to say that's unlikely, as any successful civilization that survived that long and had that many people in it -- unless it had horribly draconian birth control laws -- would have made a serious and long-lasting drain on (and pollution of) the Earth's resources that we would have obvious proof of today.

More likely is that Atlantis was a relatively small but surprisingly smart civilization that existed in the brief warm period after the last big Ice Age and prior to the Younger Dryas. Before that, it was just too damned cold, and we were still barely evolved from our hominid ancestors. You can see the little spike just before the Younger Dryas here. It's only a few thousand years.

After it was destroyed by the comet, or the tsunami, or a rash of sun spots, a combination of those factors and more, and as humanity worked hard to dig itself up from the catastrophe, the legend was all but lost except for a few vague old tales of a lost golden age of wise warriors, or "giants," like that found in the Old Testament and Plato's fifth-hand account from the old, lost Egyptian records.

The point is, Atlantis might have been a smart culture, but it probably wasn't very big. So while a few people might have reincarnated from it, it's still going to be a pretty small percentage of the nearly 7 billion people (and counting) that are around now.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11

Reincarnation could be a hole topic itself, but alot of evidence shows it is true. Also, alot of children remember past lives.

A lot of children believe in the Easter bunny and Santa but that does not mean it's true,
They also see monsters in the closet when the lights go out, so are there closet monsters in their rooms?

FTR I do believe in a form of reincarnation, but memories are not part of it, reincarnation would lose it's effect if you have memories of what you are meant to learn.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Another factor that proves reincarnation is that so many religions and spiritual practices, from all different places of the world, independently came to the conclusion that it exists.

Here is an investigation of a boy who remembers being in WW2 and knows details a boy his age shouldn't know
ca.youtube.com...
ca.youtube.com...

The boy who lived before
ca.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Megaliths submerged 2000 feet under the Atlantic ocean off of Cuba

According to the investigators, these structures seem to be remains of streets, pyramids and buildings. Most of these blocks have gigantic dimensions, reaching to five meters of height and several tons of weight.

Pyramids off the coast of Cuba

Info

According to the investigators, these structures seem to be remains of streets, pyramids and buildings. Most of these blocks have gigantic dimensions, reaching to five meters of height and several tons of weight.

Massive underwater Megaliths

Internal Cross-

Rounded, megalithic granite-like rock

Detailed and intelligently shaped

Pyramid

24 miles across terra forming

Map

img151.imageshack.us...

img233.imageshack.us...

Also, one method of very fast travel in those days was through underground inner earth tunnels.

The image below also shows the same area with a red line overlaid on top of the existing underwater line. The red line turns into white where the line is visibly implied to reveal a direct alignment with the area to the West of the Cuba Island where a sunken city has been found. Read more about the Cuban underwater city in Andrew Collins' special report

More info on how the land sank into the Atlantic ocean

This is very interesting because this is evidence that the whole surface sank to the depth of 700 meters (2,297 feet, or about a half mile down).

The area has been seismically active for thousands of years. And what we find on the ocean bottom are fractures from which the magma and volcanic ash came out. From these structures we were able to delineate a configuration of the land that sank because you can see them clearly. The land that sank is very obvious from our image of the ocean bottom. And you can see bays, like harbors, and it's all at the depths of 900 and 700 meters.

Geologically, does Dr. Iturralde-Vinent and others have any idea what happened volcanically? Was it one large eruption or series of eruptions?

Series of eruptions and as he is saying, it is still active. A series of eruptions that created major tectonic movement to such a degree that land is sinking. For example, Cuba has sank and re-emerged a couple of times! But that was long ago, geologically. Now, what happened more recently geologically is that land sank that joined to Yucatan �_ islands between Yucatan and Cuba, they sank.

Belize. Massively drilled botomless holes by dark Belialian Atlanteans. To exctract molten power from deep inside the earth, which created unstable land and Atlantis eventually sank from unnatural volcanoes, drilled holes, and widespread severe environmental destruction and pollution which made the earth more unstable
Click on link
DIVE BELIZE, The Great Blue Hole, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Diving in the Caribbean
www.ambergriscaye.com...

Sattelite discoveries
Satellite Discoveries

Informtion about Atlantean drilled holes, sinkholes caused by environmental damage in 10,500 BC, and the gravity anomolies caused by Atlantean drilling and industrial work.
www.cknw.com... _local.cfm?ca...=news_local.cfm
Jim Conrad's Naturalist Newsletter issued from the Yucatan

Gravity anomaly map of the Chicxulub Crater area. Red and yellow indicate gravity highs; green and
blue indicate gravitylows. The white line indicates the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. White dots are
sinkholes, called "cenotes." Credit: Geological Survey of Canada

Most intriguingly, researchers using sonar equipment have discovered, at a depth of about 2,200 feet (700-800 meters), a huge land plateau with clear images of what appears to be urban development partly covered by sand.

Sure looks like some big ol cosmic duck stomped on that territory south o' Cuba. Origin of accounts of THE FLOOD?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
haha i came here because i thought i was going to get some interesting comparisons between greeks, roamns, byzantians, chines, etc but NO. I get told it's almost certain i am a reincarnated atlantian.

One thing that led to the downfall of Rome and caused alot of bad karma was that sexual promiscuity and perversion got out of hand including committing acts with animals, children, and homosexuality as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

Hollywood I'm with you wholeheartedly on the history in cycles. I'm also with you on the reincarnation but on more of an archetype level then in terms of individuals dying and individuals being reborn.

For example during a specific astrological period certain individuals may be born that are more prone to the hero characteristics or mother, savior, shaman etc...

Energy out and Energy in.. Not; John Doe out, John Doe in.

Peace.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

[edit on 2-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Howdy all

Great theory Hollywood

But regretably no facts at all to support. Oh and you've post those same links and comments on 'ruins' how many times now?

People actually if you presume humans started from a chokepoint around 200,000 years ago there have been between 35 to 60 billion humans alive at one point or another. So provided souls for todays 6.2 billion wouldn't be a problem -- if you believe it a soul and reincarnation. A little factoid, 65 million people will die this year.

Yep people tend to think they were famous people once. Very few people feel they were a farmer with a bad case of acne who died of Cholera at the age of 18.

So lets review, any evidence for Atlantis? Nope, Mu even less evidence for it than Atlantis, if that is possible, but it is. Even less of a chance for an advance technological society.

I believe it was Nohup who pointed out that Atlantis might have been a small, socially advanced culture that sprang up and then was wiped out. That IS possible if not highly probable.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say this has gone over my threshold for nonsense so i'm gonna make this real quick...

Who's to say what a kid should know? Did he read the Biggles books? Grandad tell him war stories? i can't watch you tubes because of my old t21 laptop but i'm gonna guess he's probably wrong anyway.

The pyamids were build by farmers who had nothing to do in the summer so they were [sort of] forced into making some monuments to the god emporer - tunnles couldn't go through the earth partly due to plate tectonics but more because we have a liquid iron core to the planet (hence the magnetosphere),

The old civalizations had almost nothing to do at night, no lights and no TV so of course they were obsessed by the sky! Yes, the old world is full of soothsayers and star watchers and they drew pictures and worshiped the shapes they saw in the sky -that doesn't mean they spoke to aliens, it doesn't mean they had mysterious knowledge it just means they were dreamers, just like we are today.

As for the pyramids, they were made shortly after the STONE age -surprise surprise we were REALLY good at working with rock by then, after all EVERYTHING we'd used was stone so we had a fair idea of how it worked, maybe not the geology or chemistry but there are stone smiths today who can split a rock (pyramids being made out of sedimentary rock, very easy to split) with a few well angled blows to make a perfectly stright cut. In fact the workmanship of the pyramids suggests that they were made this way, very clean breaks but odd sized stones. A laser cutter would make even sized blocks while a metal water saw would leave rough edges, it seems they were just REALLY good at doing what they'd been doing for thousands of years.

The #actual# history of the world is really, really interesting yet it seems people would rather fantasize about aliens and lizards than learn about the true events which got us here, i just don't understand it!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Bonus- A youtube video that shows the areas of Atlantis and Mu through examination by satellite imaging-
ca.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ah Hollywood

What does Chicxulub Crater have to do with the mythology of Atlantis?

You also have (again) the same false color image of the part of the earth surface showing "line" ah Hollywood to see that line from space how wide would it be? 20-30 kilometers? So how come we cannot see anything on the surfacee? Do you actually look at any of these links and understand what you presenting in them?

Were you once known as Aquarian?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Wash, rinse, spin.

I have no problem with everything having to start over.

Maybe it's natures way of getting everything right.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Ah but if that happens it leaves traces.....so the question is - why no traces?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Why does it have to be "Natures way at getting everything right"? Why cant it just be "Natures Way"?

The idea of right and wrong have no place in nature. At least in my view that is.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Agreed, (as far as we know, wink) the processes of nature don't follow any intellectual process and really shouldn't be judged by our own anthromorphic pattern searching.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Exactly what I was getting at... Minus the "anthropomorphic pattern searching", that's a nice touch.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join