It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Envoy: Attack on Gaza a 'Preintro' to Attack on Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just like on a chess board:

Physically we have huge miliary bases located;
on the west border (Iraq),
on the east (Afghanistan),
on the south (Kuwait and Qatar)
on the north (Turkey)

Psychologically our presence is felt in our backing of Israel's inhuman treatment of the Palestinians... and our open and covert efforts to overthrow the Iranian gov since it broke free of US control in 1979.

With all of this posturing on our part and Israel's verbal threats... the objective is to get Iran to flinch so we have an excuse to invade.

The grand prize would be a pipe line going from the Caspian Sea to the Persian Gulf and just as well access to all of Iran's land based oil reserves... and for Israel, dreams of eastern expansion may materialize.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here's the video of the Israeli ambassador.

You don't think this could be just a front, cold war-style

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Bring it on....I would love nothing more than to see a bully get its just deserves, people seem to think Iran is just another Arab nation that can't defend itself WRONG!!

Wow what a staement. While I agree with it (nobody likes a bully) but a bully I believe your talking about the governments of these nations wouln't get it's just (deserve), i.e high officials the young soldiers might and the Iranian civialians surely would, Also Australia as I'am sure you now, is a very close allie of the U.S. and U.K. you do have the Queen on your money.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Straight from the horses mouth this is a very very interesting BBC Docu interviewing the leadership past and present of Israel face to face on the Iran issue and nukes, and if and when they would attack.

Really opened my eyes indeed.

Esp as its from 2 yrs ago and the new to be Butcherer of Janine Netananyu is about probably to become Leader, watch his views here!

Google Video Link

The source or original page for the docu is on the BBC here:

BBC Will Israel Bomb Iran? 06 Home Page.

Leaves the speculation all out in the cold and facts plain for all to see.

IMHO everyone should see this Video.

Elf.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
MischeviousElf great post although it is very. For what it is worth if you have 40 minutes I recommend the video at least for the people with one sided views of the middle east, One one hand I don't blame Iran and on the other whats Israel suppose to do

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
first sentence ment to read very scary

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by frankdatank

Very scary as you say,

very eye opening and is from the Horses mouth of most of the Israeli past present and the future leader Netanayu as stated....

Cant really know the entire story without seeing it.

I am glad it opened your eyes to whats happening in the Israeli psyche and their resolution to never under any circumstances no matter how, no matter the isolation, no matter what anyone else thinks, ever in any shape allow Iran to get even close to a Nuke.

Kind but Worried as time goes by,

Elf

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You suggest that Iran is not some piddling Arab country, and thus the assumption that Iran is somehow superior militarily?

I recall Iran and Iraq going at it.

Iran didn't do so well.

Now follow my simple logic:

Iraq slaughtered Iranians, (and Iraq is a much smaller Arab country) and Iran did very poorly against Iraq.

By contrast, the US went through the same Iraqi military like crap through a goose, while Iran against this same military couldn't accomplish diddly squat. (Dying by the tens of thousands is not a true military virtue)

What, precisely, would that suggest to you that the US would have any trouble against Iran if called to?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Can you say "paranoia"? "Paranoia" being a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Sad and twisted thing is they brought this upon themselves and us along with them... extremely self-centered in that israel and u.s. are roping the rest of the world into their greedy self-imposed self-destructive self-absorbed conundrum.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by mazzroth

You suggest that Iran is not some piddling Arab country, and thus the assumption that Iran is somehow superior militarily?

I recall Iran and Iraq going at it.

Iran didn't do so well.

Now follow my simple logic:

Iraq slaughtered Iranians, (and Iraq is a much smaller Arab country) and Iran did very poorly against Iraq.

By contrast, the US went through the same Iraqi military like crap through a goose, while Iran against this same military couldn't accomplish diddly squat. (Dying by the tens of thousands is not a true military virtue)

What, precisely, would that suggest to you that the US would have any trouble against Iran if called to?

you are on the right track, but a bit misinformed.
Iraq funded by the US attacked Iran.
as far as the US going through Iraq like crap through a goose, remember that Iraq had to pul out of Iran even with the backing of the US, the US then attacked Iraq after the 8 year war, after the US attacked sanctions where put in place and Iraq could not even get medicine to treat chilren for minor ailments.
After years of sanctions the US went in and crushed what was left of Iraqs military.
I think by that stage my crippled grandmother could have taken out Iraq with her walking frame and handbag.
Iran has learnt from the past and won't fall for the same tricks again.
Has anyone else noticed how sanctions have been placed against Iran, luckily for Iran the Russia and China would not allow the strict sanctions that the US wanted to impose.

Oh and I thought I would also mention, Iraq became a threat to global security the moment they started selling oil for euros instead of US dollars.
and strangely enough, Iran became a nuclear threat at the same time they started selling oil for euros.
I don't believe in coincedences

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Not exactly. Yes, the US sold Iraq a lot of gear, and at the very same time, so did the Russians. That's why the Iraqi's had Russian tanks and fighter aircraft, including some really good stuff.

Iraq, when the US shut them off, were buying left and right from Russia, Germany, and France, dealing under the table in their oil for food program.

Iran is Persian. Never, ever, in history did the Persians ever, fight well against a Western power.

Never.

They never have, they never will.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

Shouldn't surprise anyone. As the saying goes "actions speak louder then words". It just reconfirms what we have all been suspecting.

Now how will Obama help facilitate this plan or derail it only time can tell... we'll see how compromised he is by the powers that be. Factoring in our faltering economy and it's ties to oil, the military-industrial-complex and federal reserve... a battle with Iran might just be a necessary evil to keep our sinking ship a float.

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

They might tell Obama to play along or else. I'm pretty sure he is let in on most of the knowledge of what is going on but they keep some at bay to use as leverage against him and other world leaders so if they don't "play ball" they and we all know the consequences ( J.F.K. )

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reinstated by a mother jones article written this time last year; Obama's Israel Shuffle:

Obama ...
who let slip a rare expression of compassion for Palestinians by an American politician:

Nobody's suffering more than the Palestinian people

he famously said at a small gathering in Iowa. What ensued in the 10 months between then and now is an object lesson in the intense pressure under which presidential candidates stake out ground on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the extraordinary effectiveness of the self-styled "pro-Israel" movement. This high-pressured atmosphere goes a long way to explaining why the candidate with the most liberal foreign policy views went out of his way to take a hard line on Gaza.

In short, as you have suggested, Obama has been well school since early on in the campaign season. As you can see, he was quick to adapt/tap-dance. Picking Biden as VP & Emanuel as CS was a calculated move to put any of the zionist's remaining worries at bay.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Back to the topic at hand.

Yes i could see how Israel would begin to somewhat "neutralize" Hamas, then move to do the same to Hezbballah on their way to Iran rather than attack Iran then work their way backwards.

Very smart and makes lots of sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

Well who does isreal get their oil from if i might ask? also there was a comment about russia also getting in on irans side doesn't russia also supply or create a great deal of oil?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I promise you that Russia will not interfere with this conflict if it even happens, which I think it will.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nothing, and I mean nothing with Israel is left to chance. They all know that with precise planning, comprehensive intelligence, and precise execution along an unanticipated line of approach, their endeavors are successful.

The Israeli intelligence probably knows more about Iran's nuclear program than the Iranian President Imajerkoff.

Their plans are constantly updated, and they are able to not only anticipate, but absolutely rely on those around them.

Israel has one major enemy, one minor enemy, and two bit players.

Iran, Syria, Hizballah, and Hamas.

Iran is a threat to all Middle Eastern countries, not just Israel.

Be real interesting when this all goes down to see how well they pull it off.

The US will of course condemn Israel in the strongest terms, just as we did when Israel hit the Iraqi reactor.

Reagan's response?

"Well, boys will be boys."

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Nothing, and I mean nothing with Israel is left to chance. They all know that with precise planning, comprehensive intelligence, and precise execution along an unanticipated line of approach, their endeavors are successful.

The Israeli intelligence probably knows more about Iran's nuclear program than the Iranian President Imajerkoff.

Their plans are constantly updated, and they are able to not only anticipate, but absolutely rely on those around them.

so what you are saying is that Israel purposely attacked innocent women and children in Gaza, they deliberately targeted UN aid stations and relief workers in their quest not to win in Gaza, but rather just cause misery?

What is next?
Should other countries pr-emptive strike Israel just in case someone looks at them wrong?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

If Israel purposefully set out to kill civilians, this was the most inefficient effort in the history of military action.

How inefficient can one get?

If you want to punish a civilian population, you start dropping the big stuff, right on top of their heads.

While folks are running, you line up to block their escape with artillery. And while they are caught between artillery and bombing, you can knock off 100,000 a week, easy.

A 100,000 a week, easy - if that is your intent - and how many total died?

So no, Israel hit their targets. On occasion you'll have one go astray, and that fact alone explains blue on blue deaths.

Civilian deaths do not equate with intentional civilian deaths.

A hard concept to understand, but there it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

But you where calling the praise of the Israeli military and how they are efficient and think things out so well.
They didn't need to kill a million Palestinians to ruin lives.

They took out basic infrustructure which knew would cause a refugee problem.

And how well thought out was the plan to topple Hamas and stop the rockets from being fired over the prison wall?

They may be able to think things through, but find it harder to follow through.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join