It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Envoy: Attack on Gaza a 'Preintro' to Attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Israeli Envoy: Attack on Gaza a 'Preintro' to Attack on Iran

news.antiwar.com

After ordering a cameraman to turn off his camera, Israeli Ambassador to Australia Yuval Rotem engaged in a very frank discussion about the recent Israeli war in the Gaza Strip, calling it “a preintroduction” to an attack on Iran that Israel apparently expects within the year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theaustralian.news.com.au

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Shouldn't surprise anyone. As the saying goes "actions speak louder then words". It just reconfirms what we have all been suspecting.

Now how will Obama help facilitate this plan or derail it only time can tell... we'll see how compromised he is by the powers that be. Factoring in our faltering economy and it's ties to oil, the military-industrial-complex and federal reserve... a battle with Iran might just be a necessary evil to keep our sinking ship a float.

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Do you think the Gaza war, was to strip some of Hamas` ability to strike Israel, in the event that Israel launched an attack on Iran?

It would seem Israel has dispensed with caring about international opinion,
just trying to covering their asses legally now.
They have learn a lot from the Bush Administration in 8 years.

Israel's raid on Saddam's French built reactor was very daring , ......Iran is a whole different story.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Israel's routine threats of attack and demands to US to bomb Iran can be seen by them as casus belli.

Casus belli (/'keɪsəs 'bɛlaɪ/ (American English), /ka'zus 'bɛlli/ (Italian/Latin)) is a Latin expression meaning the justification for acts of war. Casus means "incident", "rupture" or indeed "case", while belli means "of war". Wiki.

Technically, Israeli's behaviours can be categorised as a lawful reason for war by the Iranians. Israel is declaring war on a constant basis.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
we could all see this happaning since the beginning. Iran is allies with gaza, and the USA and UK are allies with Israel. Israel will most likely provoke Iran to get involved to help Gaza, causing Israel to come to USA/UK for help, once we go in, Russia will no doubt join on the Iranian side, and behold! a messy messy war.

Also, i was talking to a mate the other day that really got me thinking. America are planning to build a natural gas pipe from the middle east to the west, however they need a lot of gas/oil, adding up to two countries worth.
The two choices was Iraq and Iran. (Hench the Iraq war).

Start with Iraq for they are not as hard opponent as Iran. Dont know if many people remember this, but who trained and funded the Iraq army?? America.
So now America has Iraq as a resource for an army, as well as permission to build military bass's on Iraq territory.

With this all done and dusted, they now have a advantage of using another country as a base as a whole, ready to attack Iran with full force, having gained an extra army. Also, it lowers the chance of the war being fought in America, thus saving them money on repairs and civilian life.

If you look back in history, this tactic has been used many times.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Bring it on....I would love nothing more than to see a bully get its just deserves, people seem to think Iran is just another Arab nation that can't defend itself WRONG!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I started a post about this yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
sorry munkey... i didn't see your thread... didn't mean to steal any wind from your sails... looks like you found the actual transcript though, now that's what i call hot off the newswire vs press.

If i recall right, according to ATS policy on redundancy, the only exception granted is when a topic is covered in news then the same topic can be posted else where.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Sorry if my post seemed ubrupt, it ws a little rushed.
I have no problem with your thread and frankly I am not all that concerned about points ect..
I pointed out my post as a source of refernce if others wanted to see the transcript and video.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Let's all re-visit this thread in a year's time, when the Israelis still won't have attacked Iran.

I'll happily take that bet.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Let's all re-visit this thread in a year's time, when the Israelis still won't have attacked Iran.

I'll happily take that bet.

I must agree with this statement. Israel constantly makes threats of attacking Iran, yet after all this time nothing has happened. I consider these claims hollow unless something drastic occurs (IE an Iranian missile hits the Dome of the Rock).

[edit on 1-2-2009 by GeeGee]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
IMO it won't be before this year's Bilderberg meeting, which is between april and june.

We will know at this meeting when the attack will happen.

If Israel goes without the approval of their masters, it won't be pretty for them.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I have to wonder whether this is an ‘intentional mistake’. Perhaps yet another trial balloon on the subject to gauge whether public attitudes have changed?

I don’t know what role Israel has been chosen to play in this drama, but one thing seems clear: We’re not surrounding Iran without reason.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Netanyahu says Iran will not get hands on nukes - 15 hours ago

JERUSALEM (AP) — Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's leading candidate for prime minister, said Saturday that Iran "will not be armed with a nuclear weapon."

In an interview with Israel's Channel 2 TV, Netanyahu said if elected prime minister his first mission will be to thwart the Iranian nuclear threat. Netanyahu, the current opposition leader and head of the hardline Likud party, called Iran the greatest danger to Israel and to all humanity.

When asked if stopping Iran's nuclear ambitions included a military strike, he replied: "It includes everything that is necessary to make this statement come true."

(Rest of the article: Associated Press)

HAARETZ - Elections 2009 / Netanyahu: Iran won't get its hands on nuclear weapons

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Only fool and ingnorant wont accept this truth...

New Middle East war is raging before june-july. Damned. I hope you all educate your selfs as much as you can in these last months in world wide peace, "calm before the storm", it will not last long. New naked emperior is in blue-white house, now its only time to gather new government to Tel-Aviv, and about two months from that... Blow! ... And then there is no way back.

Dont waste any of your time to entertainment!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
How's this mix of a metaphor in accuracy...

We have the case of spoiled "little boy who cried wolf"
but we are his big brother and he has our balls in a sling... ?

[edit on 1-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Yeah and some people here were saying that Netanyahu was a peace maker... hahaaha. He's as bad as Sharon. He's a war criminal, he's an extremist, no better than the extremists elements of the Hamas.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
War is good for the u.s. oil & military industry and good for Israel's zionist agenda.

Conflict gives u.s. excuse to overthrow middle-eastern countries, setup puppet governments and establish bases for strategic economic control of the region, so the oil will flow in our direction.

Israel welcomes hama's attacks for it gives them a green light to claim more land and build more walls...

without the conflict there is no content to mutate into propaganda that sells the citizenship on the "cause".

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How exactly this Gaza war clears path for supposed strike on Iran? Especially since Obama is trying to build some kind of diplomatic relationship between US and Iran. Israel cannot reach Iranian nuclear sites without passing through US-controlled territory. And it is unlikely to be allowed. Turkey and Saudi Arabia are even more unlikely to allow it.
So it is just another Israel bashing in my opinion. I mean ambassador openly discuses Israeli war plans with total strangers present. Yeh, right.
And since there were numerous dates on which Israel was to attack Iran and they all were wrong - i bet that it is also wrong.
As for Netanyahu - there are elections in 10 days. He would say that he will not let Mars to have nukes if it would bring him a voice or two.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Israel is happy with the stance that Egypt took over the Gaza conflict,
One question must be asked.
What is the purpose of surrounding Iran if not to attack?
You have Iraq one side and Afghanistan the other.

Now I don't care what type of speach's Obama is making, he has the same agenda with a different approach, talks are destined to fail and the responce will be "We tried"

<<   2  3 >>

join