It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Kick California Out of Union

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
California reminds me of a person that went out to party. This person did coke, drank whiskey, and partied every day . Eventually this person got sick,
went broke, and ended up in jail dying.

Meanwhile you went to work, you went to school, got a great paying career for your efforts.

Now this person is asking YOU to pay his medical bills, his bail, a place to live,
and also wants you to give him some money so he can party some more.

The insanity

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
California reminds me of a person that went out to party. This person did coke, drank whiskey, and partied every day . Eventually this person got sick,
went broke, and ended up in jail dying.

Meanwhile you went to work, you went to school, got a great paying career for your efforts.

Now this person is asking YOU to pay his medical bills, his bail, a place to live,
and also wants you to give him some money so he can party some more.

The insanity

Where does this thought process come from?
Why are you attacking people you do not know?
I know more than my share of folks from - ALL OVER THE WORLD -
who fit both descriptions you present.

This is an unfair and ridiculous assessment of a population you clearly
know nothing about. This is how wars get started.

Please be a responsible communicator and reassess your need to
hurt instead of help.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If you do a little search on Google "iraq body count" you will see California also has lost the most soldiers in Iraq. I don't disagree that we have some horrible politicians but so does just about every state. I'd love to see all the transplants that came here leave. It is a real shame that young men have died representing everyone of you and this state. If you believe the BS you watch on TV then thats your fault, Hollywood does not force any of you to watch a movie they make, maybe your life in the mid west is so boring that the movies they make give you a little escape from your boring life. And please don't come here for vacation the place is horrible.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

This is not an attack on the people of California. This is how I see the government of California.

They way they decide to spend the money they have, and the laws they have allowed have done this. So why give them a bail out, just so it can continue at the tax payers expense and they still go broke.

They knew this was coming but there was no plan in place. I stand in my analogy.

That is what I was saying.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I completely agree with you. I lived in LA for a number of years and while it is a beautiful place to live, California has an absolutely inept government. I don't agree with kicking them out of the union - too much oil off the coast for that. Let them go bankrupt and then you might get the kind of political change the state needs.

California has led the nation for years with people and businesses moving out of the state due to high taxes and crazy regulatory burdens. They had ample time to see this coming.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Where does this thought process come from?
Why are you attacking people you do not know?
I know more than my share of folks from - ALL OVER THE WORLD -
who fit both descriptions you present.

This is an unfair and ridiculous assessment of a population you clearly
know nothing about. This is how wars get started.

Please be a responsible communicator and reassess your need to
hurt instead of help.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

I live in Los Angeles. I was born in California and have lived here all my life.

The people of California elect their government. The people of California vote for the propositions and all of the bond measures. The people vote for services because we think we are entitled to them and when the costs couldn't be afforded, we the people of California borrow the money.

We, the people of California are spoiled yet we put on an image that for some reason the world wants to emulate. The world wants to emulate our schizophrenic culture. I don't know why but California is always on the leading edge of trend events.

We, the people of California, deserve what we get.

But why, O why does everybody try to use us as an example?

Why can't the rest of the world look at what happens in California as a warning of what NOT to do instead of what to emulate?

But since, for some strange reason, the many people in the world look up to us, the people of California, we deserve much of the blame for being a poor example. We voted for our corrupt politicians. We voted for expensive bond measures. We lecture the world on Global Warming yet spew CO2 like crazy in making people "globally" aware.

We the people of California are well represented by our politicians. We are as corrupt and wasteful as those that lead us. We drive big cars (alone) and live in McMansions. We spend money on the most idiotic things, many times because our neighbor or some guy on MTV has done the same and we do it whether or not we can afford but purely out of the reason that we feel we are entitled to have the same "stuff". If a citizen of California is this corrupt, what can be expected of our leaders and our government budget?

We, the people of California, deserve what we get.

We the people of California are exporting this corrupt and wasteful culture of ours. Anyone who looks at us as an example gets what they deserve also.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This is just criticizing California's 21 billion dollar debt and the fact that the rest of the country is going to have to pay for it.

California is doing essentially what the federal government does. Spend money it doesn't have.

He wasn't actually being serious about this happening.

YA mate and we bring in a whole lot of revenue that goes to the REAL AMERICAN STATES.

I would be glad to leave the union - I say it all the time.

Please, if you could help this, then do it already.

PS Ca is not as sorry as AZ - get rich quick capital of the world!

Glens a genius!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join