It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Kick California Out of Union

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Everyone talks about states wanting to secede from the Union, what about kicking them out?
Glenn Beck: Kick California Out of Union

California is a joke. I feel sorry for the people there.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Im sorry Glenn Beck is just a complete idiot who's full of himself.
He needs a swift kick in the pants.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Im sorry Glenn Beck is just a complete idiot who's full of himself.
He needs a swift kick in the pants.

I'm glad glen beck is on foxnews new... he is the nex bill o'rielly for sure... it takes an arrogant person to fill his shoes.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is just criticizing California's 21 billion dollar debt and the fact that the rest of the country is going to have to pay for it.

California is doing essentially what the federal government does. Spend money it doesn't have.

He wasn't actually being serious about this happening.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Just curious, why the hate?

I watched his new show often. He blasts both sides and many times he's right on. He talks about things no one else will in the MSM.

View this thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ive always found him to be a rather pompass ass. He honestly needs to tone it down just a lil bit. Not to much or he wouldnt get the point across but he's just alittle to much.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I completely agree with him. California has mismanaged themselves and overspent for years. The problems they have their are huge. I don't want to bail them out. Texas has maintained a balanced budget since state hood and we are quite prosperous here. If we can do it along with many other states then so can California.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If things continue the way they are, if we don't look past our differences. We will be looking at a Second Civil War. West versus East, and the grain states will be reduced to war zones.

We need to see what we have in common, not what makes us different, look at the civil rights movement. Look at what it accomplished when we think that way. We need to realize that we are all in this together and need to solve it together, not criticize each over over semantics and flaws in plans. Work to correct and make these plans better. If we keep tearing each other apart, there won't be a US left to fight over.

- Maban

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm not an O'Reily fan or Hannity fan but I like Glenn Beck, he as you said, talks about things that most talking heads wont.

I don't agree with everything he says but a lot of the things he says makes a lot of sense.

I just think some people are too caught up in conspiracy world to realize that not everything is a conspiracy and there are actually some good people in positions to spread good information who's name isn't Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, etc.

I personally liked his comment about how California made their bed and now they should sleep in it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I respect and agree with some of Glenn Beck's views.. Hey, I have no opinion on this one to be honest. California is in trouble.

My elderly family members out there are afraid of not getting their social security benefits, and ... just dying.
Very sad state of affairs out there.

Hope the illegals will still be getting their welfare.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is no better than Rush Limbaugh... California is almost communist, but they are still part of the USA. And if you want to kick all states that are gonna be bankrupt, you'll be pretty much alone, when 46 states are in huge deficits and could declare bankruptcy this year or next year.

And if you don't like California, as many people in the US do, just don't care about any info coming out of there.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I say this as a sort of liberal(Meaning that as far as most social issues are concerned I'm very liberal) Glenn Beck is 100% correct. I've been follwing California probably longer than he has. They are on the brink of default, they are already insolvent with tax returns for FY2008, student loans, and welfare assistance. And even if we gave them the 47 billion bucks they want it would get spent so quickly that we wouldn't have time to properly scrutinize where all the money went. And at that, it would only hold their collective heads above water for about a year or two.

Spending in Cali is out of control, their deficit is out of control, and their taxes are out of control. They are the most business unfriendly state in the Union, and their liberal policies is PRECISELY what created this mess in the first place.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Communist? How do you figure?

- Maban

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think some are failing to see the sarcasm he is giving. He doesn't want to kick them out, he's just sick of the BS like the rest of us.

I don't agree with everything he says either. I don't like O'reilly or Hannity. They plug Republicans all day. GB does not.

Much of the info he gives is not BS. Look at the other thread i posted. The rest of the MSM won't touch much of this stuff.

He's also one of the few people who won't criticize RP but actually support him. That is rare in itself.

Also, as far as i know, California is the only state sending out IOU's on tax returns. That is sad.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I pretty much agree with your entire post.

I watched GB rip into the former Rep leader a few days ago. I'll post it if i can find it. He's done it quite a bit in the last 2 weeks.

But then he'll have Democrats on who agrees with him. Ben Stein was on and actually talking about other countries pulling out of our currency and the US being in HUGE trouble.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well you shouldnt kick them out of the union but you should allow them to go bankrupt. They cant manage their money they go bankrupt just like everyone else (Unless your a bank of course)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Maybe they'll apply the entire state as a bank holding company in order to receive federal funds. Just like all those other companies that are scamming the American Tax Payer.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Really? Ben Stein? He laughed Schiff off for saying just that about a year ago. Interesting to see him change his tune.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Lol...hell why not make them the federal government. They don't know how to control their spending either.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yes, and when Ben Stein said this, GB said, " Ok, who kidnapped the real Ben Stein?"

I was surprised to hear him say this as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join