It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How realistic is a North American currency?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snift

Told you so!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
If the U.S. dollar actually does fail, I could see this as being the most probable alternative. They sure as hell won't be adopting the Chinese yuan for their reserves, even though the rest of the world will. With all the debt that the U.S. currently has, it would almost assuredly be purchased by the Chinese. The last thing they would want to see are the Chinese owning all of our property. That just won't happen. Not in a million years. It's a zero sum alternative. They will convince Canada and Mexico to unify and produce a stronger currency to act as a bulwark against the encroaching yuan, arguing that it would mean the end to our comfortable consumer-based existence if we didn't do so.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by cognoscente]

i have to agree with the above post. We have seen the european union ocme about and introduce the Euro.

Now there are plans for a Asian union of sorts with their own currency which is to be spawned after a 'cooperation' deals is signed between countries in the region to create their own little economy and trade ties in order to be better sheltered against the economic situation such as the credit crises which arose out of america.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Amero is introduced on the same premisei.e countries of the region united in order to guard against the evil outsiders.

This in turn leads to another large conflict decades/years down the track where we are no longer a nation against a nation but rather a region vs a region (asia vs the americas for example or americas vs the european union). Once that step is staged and completed, it is a easy transition into a one world gov run by the victor of the 'great war'.

we are heading towards a nwo and one currency but still there are steps that need completing - the Amero is one of the last big transitions imho.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

can you send the link out for that amero 20 50 100

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Hard enough to manage our own nation. I imagine it will be even more difficult trying to get three different countries on the same page. Not saying this won't happen. Just saying it will be a daunting and challenging task. Sure does seem we're headed that way.

Indeed, to form the NAU (North American Union), would take massive reform, force, and intelligence.

There will most definitely be anarchy!

Also we must understand the importance of the law differences such as drinking ages, marijuana legalities (YES!), and hundreds of other policies/laws.

and for Canada and Mexico, they will gladly accept, and in my honest opinion this is the NWO and is most obviously beneficial in a general sense.

It's a great step to world unity and BLEH! to anyone who is against this.

(Not saying I want the NWO that everyone reluctantly is against, I'm saying a different benign change in the world, currency systems are failing just in time for 2012, could this be the change and dilemma into the new age that many prophets have predicted?

-Psycho

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hosta420
reply to post by lernmore

can you send the link out for that amero 20 50 100

I honestly don't remember the source.

I had those images kicking around my computer, and put em on the server.
I just thought I'd share them, only because of the relevance to the thread.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

I often wonder how much the majority of Americans are willing to lay down for...Anarchy? nah, that would mean having to miss the game or take too much time away from the Playstation 360...

There will, however, be a small, relentless, and well directed group that will stand their ground and fight these thieves where it hurts them the most...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seems to convenient anyways this economic crisis...

No American would go for Canada and Mexico becoming part of the u.s. Frankly, I hope there'd be resistance.

Amazing how money is truly the source of all problems in the world.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
If the U.S. dollar actually does fail, I could see this as being the most probable alternative.... It's a zero sum alternative. They will convince Canada and Mexico to unify and produce a stronger currency to act as a bulwark against the encroaching yuan, arguing that it would mean the end to our comfortable consumer-based existence if we didn't do so.

A very accurate summary of the rationale behind them (US ostensibly), giving thought to a regional currency.

I think with the Chinese keen for either a global currency, or a specific Asian currency, and the USD on the verge of collapse, the US has to keep such an option in mind.

It doesn't have to automatically indicate a more sinister "global government" motive. I think there's a lot of fiscal pragmatism behind it - particularly if the USD goes well and truly south.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

I often wonder how much the majority of Americans are willing to lay down for...Anarchy? nah, that would mean having to miss the game or take too much time away from the Playstation 360...

There will, however, be a small, relentless, and well directed group that will stand their ground and fight these thieves where it hurts them the most...

And we join up Where?????

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snift

Originally posted by Retikx
Everyone thinks us Canadians are pushovers, Canadians will NOT become part of any NAU without a fight.

Besides as it stands now Canada is doing just fine economically.

Canadian economist Herbert Grubel first introduced a potential manifestation of this concept in 1999. The North American Currency -- called the "Amero" in select circles -- would effectively comingle the Canadian dollar, U.S. dollar and Mexican peso

Seems there a few steps ahead of us.

I don't see either Mexico, nor Canada refusing this plan (at least the elites of each) because of the vast opportunities and new loopholes created, letting them exploit the rules and fill there pockets with our gold once again.

If you've ever seen our Parliament live in action you would know full well that such a decision would result in a complete secession of the acceding party (to this Amero plan) from the rest of Canada. Canadians are vehemently nationalistic, much more so than the so-called patriotic Americans (where that idea is simply a super-inflated pan-cultural notion, Canadians rarely accept any nation-wide, apparently "patriotic" ultimatum). You should have seen our Parliament nearly plunge into disarray, only three months after this year's general election after the mere introduction of a slightly modified financial budget by the Conservative party... Our Parliamentary system will make it extremely difficult for the Amero to be accepted, but who who knows what the world will look like by that time.

In a Parliamentary system, during times of great desperation, the strongest, usually most conservative party almost completely dominates. We saw this in the 20th century with Hitler, who legally took control of Germany. Then again, if the people believe that a more liberal government would do better, it might succeed as equally as a conservative. It really depends on popular perception. I believe people are more inclined, in this modern world, to believe that a liberal government would do them better in times of despair, as opposed to what most people would have believe in the early 20th century, where they looked to the past for traditional legal and social institutions to help them through.

5 million people stood up to what the Liberals, NDP and Bloc thought would be a constitutionally acceptable coalition forming platform in an attempt to bring down the Conservatives. They failed miserably due to public opinion.

The beauty of a Parliamentary system is that whatever party is in office has to fight tooth and nail just to stay in, of course this is all predicated by the fact that times are good and the people are healthy and fed. Otherwise, it could be a disaster. But during normal times, the parties are kept in check by being required to make regular concessions to their opposition. It's not an option, whereas in America, the opposition has to rely on the chance that the President happens to be a nice guy, and is willing to make every attempt to push bipartisanship. Some Presidents win the election and feel they are entitled to completely disregard the other party. On the other hand, the parties in power in Canada could be toppled at any moment by what the Founding Fathers were so afraid of back in the 18th century, which is the tendency of "passion to exert control over reason". I will say they were mostly wrong. The reason they were pessimistic about a democracy was that a Parliamentary system, or whatever other legislative organization such a democracy might have, doesn't bode so well for times of severe desperation, whether economic or political, because the "masses" take control and that could potentially lead to ruin.

It really depends. If the economy and the political configuration of the world is generally bad, and a single party comes out on top in Canada, then the Amero might be a plausible course of action. If the Canadian economy falls into the trap of becoming increasingly dependent on the U.S. as the recession continues, and fails to diversify its economy, then the government might be inclined to follow suite with the Americans. If we are successful economically over the next few decades, and it appears the decline of U.S. financial hegemony is imminent, we will ally ourselves with the yuan, or whatever other currency takes hold.

If the Canadian economy becomes regionally isolated then it looks like the Amero is where we're headed.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This Todd Harrison guy is regurgitating what others have said, for and against these kind of unions, while maintaining a positive spin. Maybe he come up with it on his own... We were warned before him that leaders are counting on crisis to get the NAU and/or the NWO more easily pushed through.

Robert Pastor, who was co-chairman of a CFR task force, talked about it.

"What I'm saying is that a crisis is an event which can force democratic governments to make difficult decisions like those that will be required to create a North American Community," he said. "It's not that I want another 9/11 crisis, but having a crisis would force decisions that otherwise might not get made."

Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission, talked about it at the European Parliament, in Strasbourg, October 21, 2008:

We are living historic moments. The kind of occasion where the crisis calls into question old certainties and minds are more open to change. These are moments when we know that today's decisions will have a decisive impact on tomorrow's reality. Change is what we need now. Change not to come back to the solutions of the past, but to find the solutions of the future.

Today, Europe can propose the principles and rules that will shape a new global order.

It fits in nicely with Obama's call for Change. And it echoes what his colleague, Nikolas Sarkozy, President of the European Union, said the same day:

The President of the United States and Europe have proposed various summits starting from mid-November, which will look at new regulations and a new world governance.

GW sure seemed chummy with Sarkozy and Barroso at Camp David. [I'd post a pic but I'm not sure of the rules, even after reading. And I don't want to go asking sites for permission to post, if that's what I need to do.]

[edit on 29-1-2009 by wintermarches]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

You do realize that Americans should be grateful to be a part of Canada, frankly I would hope Canada would not want to be part of the United STATES (making the name of your country meaningless if this goes through).

The States are the only ones who benefit from this, taking Canada's natural resources and Mexico's cheap labour.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Those Amero photos aren't real currency, this guy made them.

Look here, halfway down:

www.flickr.com...@N02/page2/

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As a born and raised Canadian, I find this difficult to accept. Why? Because I have a warrent for my arrest in the USA. For possession of 4 grams of marijuana. If they join as one, I know I will be scared and want to leave the country. As of now im safe, but when will I not be? I fear its a matter of time .

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Nah, they're going to skip right over the Amero, and go for the throat with a World Currency. People have already shown that they won't even bat an eyelash.

The banking elite blatantly robbed everyone, and even pocketed the billions we all just paid to try and fix it. Now, they're not even hiding their diabolical plans.

I concur. 100%... well I agree 99.9% with this statement... because I think there will be a small element of people across the globe that will resist.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What's with the "and so it begins"?

Uh, no, it already began a long time ago, and despite any issues I've had with this site or members, ATS has been discussing this for years now. Kudos to the creators for giving people a place to be far ahead of the MSM.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Does this mean we will have mulititudes of new soldier workers that will fight for a living wage all over this continent? Maybe we'll take everything the rich have stolen from us. That would be good, right?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative
As a born and raised Canadian, I find this difficult to accept. Why? Because I have a warrent for my arrest in the USA. For possession of 4 grams of marijuana. If they join as one, I know I will be scared and want to leave the country. As of now im safe, but when will I not be? I fear its a matter of time .

That sucks man. These drug laws are so ridiculous, as is the "War on Drugs." They let all this continue while tobacco and alcohol are legal and thousands of people die each year from legal "medications."

Marijuana is hardly harmful compared to many legal drugs, yet it is demonized and looked down upon as a destroyer of humanity.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wintermarches

Co-chair of the CFR task force, President of the European Commission, Obama, Sarkozy and Putin too:

It "denotes a situation when nature's forces converge in one point of the ocean and increase their destructive potential many times over. It appears that the present-day crisis resembles such a perfect storm," he said. Mr Putin pledged Russia would work with Europe and the rest of the world to forge a new economic order: "We cannot afford to be isolationist and egotistic."

Putin calls world crisis a 'perfect storm' Canberra Times, 30/01/2009

Leapfroging the Amero? The chips don't appear to be in place yet for East Asia to join the one world currency.

North American Union, RFID & Amero Exposed

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join