It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How realistic is a North American currency?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

How realistic is a North American currency?

&dist=TNMostRead]www.market watch.com

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Thomas Jefferson once said: "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." As the global financial system pushes on a string, investors are desperately trying to hold tight.
The New World Order is upon us, full of hope, promise and a fair amount of fear. In our recent discussion regarding the direction of our country, we noted the risks of catering to conventional wisdom and the implications for the U.S. dollar. See MarketWatch column on New World Order.
The Minyanville mantra is to provide financial news you need to know before you know you need it. That's a fine line to walk, as foresight often flies in the face of mainstream acceptance.
In 2006, it seemed counterintuitive to forecast a "prolonged socioeconomic malaise entirely more depressing than a recession." See Minyanville column.
For years, the notion of an "invisible hand" was conspiracy theory until we learned that the Working Group on Financial Markets was a central policy tool. See Minyanville column.
And now, as we gaze across our historically significant horizon, we must open our minds to thoughts and ideas that may seem foreign to folks conditioned by the past and stunned by the present.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Now, I think this should settle this debate once and for all about the credibility of a "new world order" and the so called "amero".
How many times have I seen people get flamed for bringing this up, then now I just run across it on MSM, how ironic.

Anyways, this is huge no? There basicly confirming what we have been talking about on here and GLP.

&dist=TNMostRead]www.market watch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If the U.S. dollar actually does fail, I could see this as being the most probable alternative. They sure as hell won't be adopting the Chinese yuan for their reserves, even though the rest of the world will. With all the debt that the U.S. currently has, it would almost assuredly be purchased by the Chinese. The last thing they would want to see are the Chinese owning all of our property. That just won't happen. Not in a million years. It's a zero sum alternative. They will convince Canada and Mexico to unify and produce a stronger currency to act as a bulwark against the encroaching yuan, arguing that it would mean the end to our comfortable consumer-based existence if we didn't do so.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wow, MSM media attention. The seed is being planted. The NAU and "Amero" currency may actually become a reality and is not just talk from crazy conspiracy theories. You should start to see a marketing blitz about this in the media to sell this as a good idea to the sheeple.

I have telling people that this is coming and they all say I'm just paranoid and it would never happen. I guess I will be forwarding this article to some people today.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Wow, MSM media attention. The seed is being planted. The NAU and "Amero" currency may actually become a reality and is not just talk from crazy conspiracy theories. You should start to see a marketing blitz about this in the media to sell this as a good idea to the sheeple.

I have telling people that this is coming and they all say I'm just paranoid and it would never happen. I guess I will be forwarding this article to some people today.

Forward to as many as you can that will listen, maybe then, if you are like me and tell them things like this for there own good, they will listen next time you say something that sounds "crazy".

I posted this on www.godlikeproductions.com... but it was quickly dismissed as bs and scrolled off the first page, probley never to be read again.
Oh well, I tried.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Nothing new here. This has been the plan from the start. If you believe that this country could not foresee this crisis and take steps to prevent it (such as NOT deregulating mortgage laws), you are blind. The amero is coming. Along with the north american union. What makes me laugh is that we have WATCHED this happen in Europe, yet people still seem to deny that it can happen....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
And so it begins.....

They have been planning this for a long time. Even with the information out there in sight we still fell into the trap.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Everyone thinks us Canadians are pushovers, Canadians will NOT become part of any NAU without a fight.

Besides as it stands now Canada is doing just fine economically.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
Now, I think this should settle this debate once and for all about the credibility of a "new world order" and the so called "amero".

Nah, they're going to skip right over the Amero, and go for the throat with a World Currency. People have already shown that they won't even bat an eyelash.

The banking elite blatantly robbed everyone, and even pocketed the billions we all just paid to try and fix it. Now, they're not even hiding their diabolical plans.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The Euro hardly works because of how the nations are separate and have different fiscal policies, but then are forced to share the monetary policies of the ECB....I really don't see how the Amero could ever work in practice. It would benefit the U.S. more than it would Mexico

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hard enough to manage our own nation. I imagine it will be even more difficult trying to get three different countries on the same page. Not saying this won't happen. Just saying it will be a daunting and challenging task. Sure does seem we're headed that way.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
All of it planned - for a long time now.
They have decided they will include us in the plan - years later.
They have already stolen our money -
They economy is failing with fervor -
Time for the next installment of order and control.
They just happen to have a new monetary system all ready to go.
Un huh.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Everyone thinks us Canadians are pushovers, Canadians will NOT become part of any NAU without a fight.

Canadian economist Herbert Grubel first introduced a potential manifestation of this concept in 1999. The North American Currency -- called the "Amero" in select circles -- would effectively comingle the Canadian dollar, U.S. dollar and Mexican peso

Seems there a few steps ahead of us.

I don't see either Mexico, nor Canada refusing this plan (at least the elites of each) because of the vast opportunities and new loopholes created, letting them exploit the rules and fill there pockets with our gold once again.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx

Heh, you sound like most Americans did... oh, a short year and a half ago. Beware, things change quickly when your government decides the time is right to blow forcefully on the base of the house of cards.

For a long time I thought the idea of the Amero was laughable, I believed we were too smart as citizens to fall for it. I believed that our government was working in the best interests of "We the People" at all times, and, above all else, I believed that the USA had such a strong financial system and was so prosperous that there would never come a day when they could devalue our money to the point where alligning with Mexico and their worthless Peso could even be imaginable, let alone do-able. "I believed"... I think I just determined what I'd like to have put on my headstone after I have left this world.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
And so it begins.....

They have been planning this for a long time. Even with the information out there in sight we still fell into the trap.

You make it sound like we had a choice. I didn't fall into any 'trap'... and I don't think 99% of Americans did either. Most Americans had nothing to do with what's going on right now. Most people oppose the bailout(s), but we have no voice. PTB just continue to ram this scam down our throats whether we want it or not.

No trap... The simple answer is that smart, well meaning, hard working people have been raped by PTB and soon we will all be left out on the streets to try to survive unless we fight back.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by mecheng]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
The Euro hardly works because of how the nations are separate and have different fiscal policies, but then are forced to share the monetary policies of the ECB....I really don't see how the Amero could ever work in practice. It would benefit the U.S. more than it would Mexico

eh? there are a couple of problems with it when some eurozone countries are in recession and others are not. Obvious strains begin to appear when a country cannot set its own interest rates.

But to say that it hardly works is a little bit waaaaay exaggerated.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Between this and the recent BIS declaration that the world is facing a global depression I am more and more convinced that this so-called "crisis" is a construct of the global banking cartel. It's bad enough they deal in 'virtual' wealth via 'reserve notes' that we are brainwashed into thinking is equivalent to wealth, but add to that the fact that we have to endure actual labor and drain real resources to pay them back for the privilege of having borrowed their make-believe money. What are we, stupid?

It's like no one even ever asks those people that call themselves our 'representatives' if they ever studied history. The reuse the same techniques repeatedly and we are 'shocked' each time.

They control the means to produce the garbage that we are conditioned to recognize as 'wealth' meanwhile we allow them the unilateral power to devalue it into oblivion; the cure for which is to pay the extortion of more debt to them so they can 'fix' it. If we balk at that scam, they threaten us with loss of national sovereignty by economic terror.

And our 'leaders' whom we 'love' so much and are Soooooo patriotic and caring and loving of our 'nation' can't bear to confront the beast because their luxurious celebrity-elite lifestyle and that of their future generations would be imperiled.

Thus we are left out in the cold, pawns to their whim. And to challenge that reality is 'looney' and possibly 'home-grown terroristic'.

Sorry - I need a drink!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Amero bills

On December 3, 2008, Hal Turner's blog featured what he claimed were genuine "amero bills". He displayed photographs of purported 20, 50 and 100 amero notes. Turner did not identify how he obtained the images, saying only that "once again, my sources have come through." He claims that the "new currency is already being printed and quietly distributed around the world."[30] However, one of Russian online news sites published the same amero image Turner used just one day before him. [31] Also, one of user at Abovetopsecret.com discussion forum attempts to prove that these images are art from flickr user aleatorysort,[2] and are therefore fake.[32]

ATS hittin mainstream!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Hey there "E"

That's just what I was thinking and what I'd have said on this subject.

So I guess that this ends with me just saying.."hi"...and great minds.....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Wolf,

Thanks, I am glad to see fellow Americans that are paying attention to this stuff. Unfortunately we are the minority. Most of our fellow countrymen are oblivious to what is happening.

I also really like the posts from Maxmars. He is almost always on money and really does put his thoughts into words very well. We all need to make our fellow Americans aware of what is in play. This financial crisis is all part of the plan. The Fed is now printing dollars out of thin air which will eventually cause the collapse of the dollar. Once that happens they can start marketing the idea of the Amero as our only salvation.

Peace and be well.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by Erasurehead]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join